Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stk39
Description: serine threonine kinase 39
Alias: Spak, STE20/SPS1-related proline-alanine-rich protein kinase, PS/TK, PSTK1, Ste-20 related kinase, pancreatic serine/threonine-protein kinase, serine/threonine-protein kinase 39, ste-20-related kinase
- Miao N, Fung B, Sanchez R, Lydon J, Barker D, Pang K. Isolation and expression of PASK, a serine/threonine kinase, during rat embryonic development, with special emphasis on the pancreas. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:1391-400 pubmed..In addition, a search of the EST database revealed a related human kinase not previously described. ..
- Yang D, Li Q, So I, Huang C, Ando H, Mizutani A, et al. IRBIT governs epithelial secretion in mice by antagonizing the WNK/SPAK kinase pathway. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:956-65 pubmed publisher..In contrast, silencing the with-no-lysine (WNK) kinases and Ste20-related proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) increased secretion...
- Yan Y, Laroui H, Ingersoll S, Ayyadurai S, Charania M, Yang S, et al. Overexpression of Ste20-related proline/alanine-rich kinase exacerbates experimental colitis in mice. J Immunol. 2011;187:1496-505 pubmed publisher..Colonic Ste20-like proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) plays a role in intestinal inflammation, but its underlying mechanisms need to be defined...
- Nugent B, Valenzuela C, Simons T, McCarthy M. Kinases SPAK and OSR1 are upregulated by estradiol and activate NKCC1 in the developing hypothalamus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:593-8 pubmed publisher..of newborn rat pups significantly increases protein levels of two kinases upstream of the NKCC1 cotransporter, SPAK (STE20/SPS1-related proline alanine rich kinase) and OSR1 (oxidative stress response kinase)...
- Ponce Coria J, Markadieu N, Austin T, Flammang L, Rios K, Welling P, et al. A novel Ste20-related proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK)-independent pathway involving calcium-binding protein 39 (Cab39) and serine threonine kinase with no lysine member 4 (WNK4) in the activation of Na-K-Cl cotransporters. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:17680-8 pubmed publisher..Serine threonine kinase WNK4 (With No K = lysine member 4) and members of the Ste20 kinase family, namely SPAK and OSR1 (Ste20-related proline/alanine-rich kinase, Oxidative stress-responsive kinase) govern phosphorylation...
- Park H, Curry J, McCormick J. Regulation of NKCC2 activity by inhibitory SPAK isoforms: KS-SPAK is a more potent inhibitor than SPAK2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F1687-96 pubmed publisher..cotransporter (NCC) are phosphorylated and activated by the kinases Ste20-related proline alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress-responsive kinase (OSR1), and their targeted disruption in mice causes phenotypes resembling ..
- de los Heros P, Alessi D, Gourlay R, Campbell D, Deak M, MacArtney T, et al. The WNK-regulated SPAK/OSR1 kinases directly phosphorylate and inhibit the K+-Cl- co-transporters. Biochem J. 2014;458:559-73 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the WNK (WNK lysine-deficient protein kinase)-activated SPAK (SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase)/OSR1 (oxidative stress-responsive kinase 1) known to directly ..
- Vorontsova I, Lam L, Delpire E, Lim J, Donaldson P. Identification of the WNK-SPAK/OSR1 signaling pathway in rodent and human lenses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;56:310-21 pubmed publisher..kinase (WNK 1, 3, 4), oxidative stress response kinase 1 (OSR1), and Ste20-like proline alanine rich kinase (SPAK) were determined at either the transcript or protein levels in the rat and human lenses by reverse-transcriptase ..