Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stc1
Description: stanniocalcin 1
Alias: stanniocalcin-1, STC-1
- Schein V, Kucharski L, Guerreiro P, Martins T, Morgado I, Power D, et al. Stanniocalcin 1 effects on the renal gluconeogenesis pathway in rat and fish. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;414:1-8 pubmed publisher..The mammalian kidney contributes significantly to glucose homeostasis through gluconeogenesis. Considering that stanniocalcin 1 (STC1) regulates ATP production, is synthesized and acts in different cell types of the nephron, the present ..
- Yoshiko Y, Maeda N, Aubin J. Stanniocalcin 1 stimulates osteoblast differentiation in rat calvaria cell cultures. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4134-43 pubmedb>Stanniocalcin 1 (STC1) is a mammalian homolog of STC, the fish calcium/phosphate-regulating polypeptide whose functions are only beginning to be elucidated...
- Turner J, Xiang F, Feng Q, Wagner G. The renal stanniocalcin-1 gene is differentially regulated by hypertonicity and hypovolemia in the rat. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;331:150-7 pubmed publisher..The findings are therefore indicative of cortical and medullary STC-1 having separate roles in the renal control of ECF balance...
- Tanuma J, Shisa H, Hiai H, Higashi S, Yamada Y, Kamoto T, et al. Quantitative trait loci affecting 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced tongue carcinogenesis in the rat. Cancer Res. 1998;58:1660-4 pubmed..All of these parameters were closely correlated (P < 0.0001). DA rats had a semidominant gene (Stc1) favoring the development of 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced cancers on chromosome 19, closely linked to D19Mit9...
- Xiao L, Yuan J, Song X, Li Y, Hu Z, Liu Y. Expression and regulation of stanniocalcin 1 and 2 in rat uterus during embryo implantation and decidualization. Reproduction. 2006;131:1137-49 pubmed..These data suggest, for the first time, that STC-1 together with STC-2 may play important roles in the processes of implantation and decidualization in the rat. ..
- Zlot C, Ingle G, Hongo J, Yang S, Sheng Z, Schwall R, et al. Stanniocalcin 1 is an autocrine modulator of endothelial angiogenic responses to hepatocyte growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47654-9 pubmedb>Stanniocalcin 1 (STC1) is a secreted glycoprotein originally described as a hormone involved in calcium and phosphate homeostasis in bony fishes...
- Li L, Wong C. Effects of dexamethasone and dibutyryl cAMP on stanniocalcin-1 mRNA expression in rat primary Sertoli and Leydig cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;283:96-103 pubmed publisherIn this study, STC1 expression levels were determined at various postnatal developmental stages in rat ovaries and testes. The expression pattern of STC1 was found to be sexually dimorphic...
- Kanellis J, Bick R, Garcia G, Truong L, Tsao C, Etemadmoghadam D, et al. Stanniocalcin-1, an inhibitor of macrophage chemotaxis and chemokinesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F356-62 pubmed..The mammalian counterpart of the fish calcium-regulating hormone stanniocalcin-1 (STC1) is expressed in multiple organs including the thymus and spleen, and hence, we hypothesized that it may have a ..
- Holighaus Y, Weihe E, Eiden L. STC1 induction by PACAP is mediated through cAMP and ERK1/2 but not PKA in cultured cortical neurons. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;46:75-87 pubmed publisher..in the elevation of the two second messengers cAMP and Ca(2+) and expression of the putative neuroprotectant stanniocalcin 1(STC1)...
- Law A, Wong C, Turner J, Gonzalez A, Prieto M, Wagner G. Vasopressin controls stanniocalcin-1 gene expression in rat and mouse kidney. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;348:183-8 pubmed publisher..The findings serve to further implicate STC-1 in the renal control of ECF balance. ..
- Sheikh Hamad D, Bick R, Wu G, Christensen B, Razeghi P, Poindexter B, et al. Stanniocalcin-1 is a naturally occurring L-channel inhibitor in cardiomyocytes: relevance to human heart failure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H442-8 pubmed..Because the mammalian counterpart of the fish calcium-regulating hormone stanniocalcin-1 (STC1) is expressed in the heart, we reasoned that STC1 might play a role in the adaptive-maladaptive processes that lead ..
- Stasko S, Wagner G. Stanniocalcin gene expression during mouse urogenital development: a possible role in mesenchymal-epithelial signalling. Dev Dyn. 2001;220:49-59 pubmed..Collectively, the evidence suggests that in addition to its regulatory effects in adults, STC has novel and distinctive roles in the mesenchymal-epithelial interactions that are vital to normal organogenesis. ..
- Chakraborty A, Brooks H, Zhang P, Smith W, McReynolds M, Hoying J, et al. Stanniocalcin-1 regulates endothelial gene expression and modulates transendothelial migration of leukocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F895-904 pubmedThe mammalian counterpart of the fish calcium-regulating hormone stanniocalcin-1 (STC1) inhibits monocyte chemotactic protein-1- and stromal-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha)-mediated chemotaxis and diminishes chemokinesis in macrophage-..
- Ciriello J, Oiamo T, Moreau J, Turner J, Wagner G. Effects of the calcium-regulating glycoprotein hormone stanniocalcin-1 within the nucleus of the solitary tract on arterial pressure and the baroreceptor reflex. Neuroscience. 2012;207:88-102 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest that endogenous STC-1 signaling in NTS is involved in regulating the excitability of neurons that normally function as components of the baroreceptor reflex controlling AP. ..
- Johnson K, Hensley J, Kelso M, Wallace D, Gaido K. Mapping gene expression changes in the fetal rat testis following acute dibutyl phthalate exposure defines a complex temporal cascade of responding cell types. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:978-89 pubmed..1 to 500 mg/kg body weight. Twelve genes (Ctgf, Cxcl10, Dusp6, Edn1, Egr1, Fos, Ier3, Junb, Nr4a1, Stc1, Thbs1, and Tnfrsf12a) were identified with increased expression by 1-3 h at 100 or 500 mg/kg DBP, and 7 of these ..
- Moreau J, Iqbal W, Turner J, Wagner G, Ciriello J. Stanniocalcin-1 in the subfornical organ inhibits the dipsogenic response to angiotensin II. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R921-8 pubmed publisher..These findings also provide the first direct evidence of a physiological role for STC-1 in central regulation of body fluid homeostasis. ..