Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sstr1
Description: somatostatin receptor 1
Alias: Gpcrrna, somatostatin receptor type 1, RNGPCRRNA, SRIF-2, SS-1-R, SS1-R, SS1R, Somatostatin receptor subtype 1
- Li X, Forte M, North R, Ross C, Snyder S. Cloning and expression of a rat somatostatin receptor enriched in brain. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:21307-12 pubmed..This pattern contrasts with the exclusive peripheral expression of a recently cloned human SRIF receptor. The cDNA probe of rat receptor detects mRNA from mouse brain but not from human cerebral cortex and cerebellum. ..
- Fitzpatrick V, Vandlen R. 6agonist selectivity determinants in somatostatin receptor subtypes I and II. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24621-6 pubmed..We find that the regions about the second and third extracellular loops of these two receptors contain the determinants for MK-678 selectivity and affinity. ..
- Barbieri F, Pattarozzi A, Gatti M, Porcile C, Bajetto A, Ferrari A, et al. Somatostatin receptors 1, 2, and 5 cooperate in the somatostatin inhibition of C6 glioma cell proliferation in vitro via a phosphotyrosine phosphatase-eta-dependent inhibition of extracellularly regulated kinase-1/2. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4736-46 pubmed publisherSomatostatin inhibits cell proliferation through the activation of five receptors (SSTR1-5) expressed in normal and cancer cells...
- Viollet C, Lanneau C, Faivre Bauman A, Zhang J, Djordjijevic D, Loudes C, et al. Distinct patterns of expression and physiological effects of sst1 and sst2 receptor subtypes in mouse hypothalamic neurons and astrocytes in culture. J Neurochem. 1997;68:2273-80 pubmed..It is concluded that hypothalamic neurons express primarily sst1 and sst2, sst2 predominates in astrocytes, and both receptors induce distinct biological effects. ..
- Zhu L, Krempels K, Bardin C, O Carroll A, Mezey E. The localization of messenger ribonucleic acids for somatostatin receptors 1, 2, and 3 in rat testis. Endocrinology. 1998;139:350-7 pubmed..Labeling of spermatids dramatically decreased at stage IX, when these cells began their elongating changes. The presence of three sst in testis suggests that SRIF may play an essential role in testicular function. ..
- Ludvigsen E, Carlsson C, Tiensuu Janson E, Sandler S, Stridsberg M. Somatostatin receptor 1-5; expression profiles during rat development. Ups J Med Sci. 2015;120:157-68 pubmed publisher..There was no SSTR5 mRNA expression in the whole rat embryos. All SSTR1-5 proteins were observed at embryonal day 10, but the localization varied between the different subtypes...
- Yuan D, Shen J, Yan Y, Wu X, Li A, Guo A, et al. Upregulated expression of SSTR1 is involved in neuronal apoptosis and is coupled to the reduction of bcl-2 following intracerebral hemorrhage in adult rats. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2014;34:951-61 pubmed publisher..b>SSTR1 is a member of the superfamily of somatostatin receptors possessing seven-transmembrane segments...
- Reynaert H, Van Rossen E, Uyama N, Chatterjee N, Kumar U, Urbain D, et al. Expression of somatostatin receptors in splanchnic blood vessels of normal and cirrhotic rats. Liver Int. 2007;27:825-31 pubmed..In the portal vein of cirrhotic animals, SSTR1 was significantly down-regulated as compared with controls...
- Roosterman D, Kreuzer O, Brune N, Cottrell G, Bunnett N, Meyerhof W, et al. Agonist-induced endocytosis of rat somatostatin receptor 1. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1050-8 pubmed..Our results show for the first time that sst1 mediates a dynamic process of endocytosis, recycling, and re-endocytosis of its cognate ligand. ..
- Fodor M, van Elk E, Huizinga C, Prins T, Delemarre van de Waal H. NPY neurons express somatostatin receptor subtype 1 in the arcuate nucleus. Neuroreport. 2005;16:29-32 pubmed..These results further support the evidence for the direct interactions between the somatotropic axis and the neuroendocrine regulatory loops of energy homeostasis. ..
- Bologna E, Leroux P. Identification of multiple somatostatin receptors in the rat somatosensory cortex during development. J Comp Neurol. 2000;420:466-80 pubmed..This study provides evidences of developmental expression windows of four sst receptor subtypes in selected areas of the rat cerebral cortex. ..
- Djordjijevic D, Zhang J, Priam M, Viollet C, Gourdji D, Kordon C, et al. Effect of 17beta-estradiol on somatostatin receptor expression and inhibitory effects on growth hormone and prolactin release in rat pituitary cell cultures. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2272-7 pubmed..However, the capacity of lactotropes to respond to SRIF after exposure to E2 seems to depend more upon E2-induced up-regulation of the sst2 than of the sst3 receptor subtype. ..
- Viollet C, Bodenant C, Prunotto C, Roosterman D, Schaefer J, Meyerhof W, et al. Differential expression of multiple somatostatin receptors in the rat cerebellum during development. J Neurochem. 1997;68:2263-72 pubmed..sst5 mRNA was undetectable. The results show the expression of four somatostatin receptor genes, but only three receptors (sst1, sst4, and mainly sst2) were detected as binding sites during cerebellar development. ..
- Sedqi M, Roy S, Mohanraj D, Ramakrishnan S, Loh H. Activation of rat thymocytes selectively upregulates the expression of somatostatin receptor subtype-1. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1996;38:103-12 pubmed..analysis of fresh thymocytes showed significant levels of transcripts for the SSTR2 whereas transcripts for the SSTR1 and SSTR3 were not detectable...
- Meyerhof W, Paust H, Schönrock C, Richter D. Cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel putative G-protein-coupled receptor expressed in specific rat brain regions. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:689-94 pubmed
- Schwärzler A, Kreienkamp H, Richter D. Interaction of the somatostatin receptor subtype 1 with the human homolog of the Shk1 kinase-binding protein from yeast. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9557-62 pubmed..To identify potential interacting candidates the C terminus of the somatostatin receptor subtype 1 was used as bait in a yeast two hybrid screen of a human brain cDNA library...
- Kumar U, Laird D, Srikant C, Escher E, Patel Y. Expression of the five somatostatin receptor (SSTR1-5) subtypes in rat pituitary somatotrophes: quantitative analysis by double-layer immunofluorescence confocal microscopy. Endocrinology. 1997;138:4473-6 pubmed..fluorescence immunocytochemistry and confocal microscopy, we have analysed the pattern of expression of SSTR1-5 in normal rat pituitary somatotrophes...
- Kim E, Sohn S, Lee M, Park C, Jung J, Park S. Effect of gsp oncogene on somatostatin receptor subtype 1 and 2 mRNA levels in GHRH-responsive GH3 cells. Pituitary. 2005;8:155-62 pubmed..GH3 cells permanently transfected with GHRH-R can be used for in vitro studies of actions of GHRH. ..
- Arena S, Pattarozzi A, Massa A, Esteve J, Iuliano R, Fusco A, et al. An intracellular multi-effector complex mediates somatostatin receptor 1 activation of phospho-tyrosine phosphatase eta. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:229-46 pubmed..we characterize, in Chinese hamster ovary-k1 cells, the intracellular pathway that from somatostatin receptor 1 (SSTR1), leads to the activation of PTPeta and that involves, in a multimeric complex and sequential activation, the ..
- Bruno J, Xu Y, Song J, Berelowitz M. Pituitary and hypothalamic somatostatin receptor subtype messenger ribonucleic acid expression in the food-deprived and diabetic rat. Endocrinology. 1994;135:1787-92 pubmed..In addition, we measured SRIF binding to pituitary membranes of FD rats. SSTR1, SSTR2, and SSTR3 mRNA expression was reduced 80% in the pituitary of FD rats vs...
- Stroh T, van Schouwenburg M, Beaudet A, Tannenbaum G. Subcellular dynamics of somatostatin receptor subtype 1 in the rat arcuate nucleus: receptor localization and synaptic connectivity vary in parallel with the ultradian rhythm of growth hormone secretion. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8198-205 pubmed publisher..Such synaptic plasticity may be an important mechanism by which sst(1) mediates SRIF's cyclical effects on ARC GHRH neurons to generate the ultradian rhythm of GH secretion. ..
- Parks G, Wang L, Wang Z, Civelli O. Identification of neuropeptide receptors expressed by melanin-concentrating hormone neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3817-33 pubmed publisher..nociceptin/orphanin FQ opioid receptor (NOP), MCHR1, both orexin receptors (ORX), somatostatin receptors 1 and 2 (SSTR1, SSTR2), kisspeptin recepotor (KissR1), neurotensin receptor 1 (NTSR1), neuropeptide S receptor (NPSR), ..
- Yamada Y, Post S, Wang K, Tager H, Bell G, Seino S. Cloning and functional characterization of a family of human and mouse somatostatin receptors expressed in brain, gastrointestinal tract, and kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:251-5 pubmed..b>SSTR1 and SSTR2 contain 391 and 369 amino acids, respectively, and are members of the superfamily of receptors having ..