Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sstr1
Description: somatostatin receptor 1
Alias: Gpcrrna, somatostatin receptor type 1, RNGPCRRNA, SRIF-2, SS-1-R, SS1-R, SS1R, Somatostatin receptor subtype 1
- Fodor M, van Elk E, Huizinga C, Prins T, Delemarre van de Waal H. NPY neurons express somatostatin receptor subtype 1 in the arcuate nucleus. Neuroreport. 2005;16:29-32 pubmed..These results further support the evidence for the direct interactions between the somatotropic axis and the neuroendocrine regulatory loops of energy homeostasis. ..
- Bologna E, Leroux P. Identification of multiple somatostatin receptors in the rat somatosensory cortex during development. J Comp Neurol. 2000;420:466-80 pubmed..This study provides evidences of developmental expression windows of four sst receptor subtypes in selected areas of the rat cerebral cortex. ..
- Djordjijevic D, Zhang J, Priam M, Viollet C, Gourdji D, Kordon C, et al. Effect of 17beta-estradiol on somatostatin receptor expression and inhibitory effects on growth hormone and prolactin release in rat pituitary cell cultures. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2272-7 pubmed..However, the capacity of lactotropes to respond to SRIF after exposure to E2 seems to depend more upon E2-induced up-regulation of the sst2 than of the sst3 receptor subtype. ..
- Viollet C, Bodenant C, Prunotto C, Roosterman D, Schaefer J, Meyerhof W, et al. Differential expression of multiple somatostatin receptors in the rat cerebellum during development. J Neurochem. 1997;68:2263-72 pubmed..sst5 mRNA was undetectable. The results show the expression of four somatostatin receptor genes, but only three receptors (sst1, sst4, and mainly sst2) were detected as binding sites during cerebellar development. ..
- Sedqi M, Roy S, Mohanraj D, Ramakrishnan S, Loh H. Activation of rat thymocytes selectively upregulates the expression of somatostatin receptor subtype-1. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1996;38:103-12 pubmed..analysis of fresh thymocytes showed significant levels of transcripts for the SSTR2 whereas transcripts for the SSTR1 and SSTR3 were not detectable...
- Meyerhof W, Paust H, Schönrock C, Richter D. Cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel putative G-protein-coupled receptor expressed in specific rat brain regions. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:689-94 pubmed
- Schwärzler A, Kreienkamp H, Richter D. Interaction of the somatostatin receptor subtype 1 with the human homolog of the Shk1 kinase-binding protein from yeast. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9557-62 pubmed..To identify potential interacting candidates the C terminus of the somatostatin receptor subtype 1 was used as bait in a yeast two hybrid screen of a human brain cDNA library...
- Kumar U, Laird D, Srikant C, Escher E, Patel Y. Expression of the five somatostatin receptor (SSTR1-5) subtypes in rat pituitary somatotrophes: quantitative analysis by double-layer immunofluorescence confocal microscopy. Endocrinology. 1997;138:4473-6 pubmed..fluorescence immunocytochemistry and confocal microscopy, we have analysed the pattern of expression of SSTR1-5 in normal rat pituitary somatotrophes...
- Kim E, Sohn S, Lee M, Park C, Jung J, Park S. Effect of gsp oncogene on somatostatin receptor subtype 1 and 2 mRNA levels in GHRH-responsive GH3 cells. Pituitary. 2005;8:155-62 pubmed..GH3 cells permanently transfected with GHRH-R can be used for in vitro studies of actions of GHRH. ..
- Arena S, Pattarozzi A, Massa A, Esteve J, Iuliano R, Fusco A, et al. An intracellular multi-effector complex mediates somatostatin receptor 1 activation of phospho-tyrosine phosphatase eta. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:229-46 pubmed..we characterize, in Chinese hamster ovary-k1 cells, the intracellular pathway that from somatostatin receptor 1 (SSTR1), leads to the activation of PTPeta and that involves, in a multimeric complex and sequential activation, the ..
- Bruno J, Xu Y, Song J, Berelowitz M. Pituitary and hypothalamic somatostatin receptor subtype messenger ribonucleic acid expression in the food-deprived and diabetic rat. Endocrinology. 1994;135:1787-92 pubmed..In addition, we measured SRIF binding to pituitary membranes of FD rats. SSTR1, SSTR2, and SSTR3 mRNA expression was reduced 80% in the pituitary of FD rats vs...
- Stroh T, van Schouwenburg M, Beaudet A, Tannenbaum G. Subcellular dynamics of somatostatin receptor subtype 1 in the rat arcuate nucleus: receptor localization and synaptic connectivity vary in parallel with the ultradian rhythm of growth hormone secretion. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8198-205 pubmed publisher..Such synaptic plasticity may be an important mechanism by which sst(1) mediates SRIF's cyclical effects on ARC GHRH neurons to generate the ultradian rhythm of GH secretion. ..
- Parks G, Wang L, Wang Z, Civelli O. Identification of neuropeptide receptors expressed by melanin-concentrating hormone neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3817-33 pubmed publisher..nociceptin/orphanin FQ opioid receptor (NOP), MCHR1, both orexin receptors (ORX), somatostatin receptors 1 and 2 (SSTR1, SSTR2), kisspeptin recepotor (KissR1), neurotensin receptor 1 (NTSR1), neuropeptide S receptor (NPSR), ..
- Yamada Y, Post S, Wang K, Tager H, Bell G, Seino S. Cloning and functional characterization of a family of human and mouse somatostatin receptors expressed in brain, gastrointestinal tract, and kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:251-5 pubmed..b>SSTR1 and SSTR2 contain 391 and 369 amino acids, respectively, and are members of the superfamily of receptors having ..