Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srsf2
Description: serine and arginine rich splicing factor 2
Alias: Sfrs2, serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 2, SC-35, splicing component, 35 kDa, splicing factor SC35, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 2
- Abe K, Yamamoto R, Franke V, Cao M, Suzuki Y, Suzuki M, et al. The first murine zygotic transcription is promiscuous and uncoupled from splicing and 3' processing. EMBO J. 2015;34:1523-37 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the first zygotic transcription itself is an active component of chromatin remodeling in 1-cell embryos. ..
- Edmond V, Merdzhanova G, Gout S, Brambilla E, Gazzeri S, Eymin B. A new function of the splicing factor SRSF2 in the control of E2F1-mediated cell cycle progression in neuroendocrine lung tumors. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1267-78 pubmed publisher..We previously identified the SR protein SRSF2 as a new transcriptional target of E2F1 and demonstrated that both proteins cooperate to induce apoptosis in non-..
- Zhang S, Rampal R, Manshouri T, Patel J, Mensah N, Kayserian A, et al. Genetic analysis of patients with leukemic transformation of myeloproliferative neoplasms shows recurrent SRSF2 mutations that are associated with adverse outcome. Blood. 2012;119:4480-5 pubmed publisher..occur commonly in LT after MPN, we identified recurrent mutations in the serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 2 (SRSF2) gene (18.9%) in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) transformed from MPNs...
- Sharma S, Liao W, Zhou X, Wong D, Lichtenstein A. Exon 11 skipping of E-cadherin RNA downregulates its expression in head and neck cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:1751-9 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies reveal that SFRS2 (SC35), a splicing factor, as one of the regulators that increases missplicing and downregulates E-cadherin ..
- Potter G, Beaudoin G, DeRenzo C, Zarach J, Chen S, Thompson C. The hairless gene mutated in congenital hair loss disorders encodes a novel nuclear receptor corepressor. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2687-701 pubmed..The discovery that Hr is a corepressor provides a molecular basis for specific hair loss syndromes in both humans and mice. ..
- Zaidi S, Young D, Pockwinse S, Javed A, Lian J, Stein J, et al. Mitotic partitioning and selective reorganization of tissue-specific transcription factors in progeny cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:14852-7 pubmed..Thus, mitotic partitioning and spatiotemporal reorganization of regulatory proteins together render progeny cells equivalently competent to support phenotypic gene expression. ..
- Maita H, Kitaura H, Ariga H, Iguchi Ariga S. CIR, a corepressor of CBF1, binds to PAP-1 and effects alternative splicing. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:375-87 pubmed..These results indicate that CIR is a member of the family of SR-related proteins and that CIR plays a role in splicing regulation. ..
- Miele A, Braastad C, Holmes W, Mitra P, Medina R, Xie R, et al. HiNF-P directly links the cyclin E/CDK2/p220NPAT pathway to histone H4 gene regulation at the G1/S phase cell cycle transition. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6140-53 pubmed..Our results show that HiNF-P and p220 form a critical regulatory module that directly links histone H4 gene expression at the G1/S phase transition to the cyclin E/CDK2 signaling pathway at the R point. ..
- Xu G, Arnaout M. WAC, a novel WW domain-containing adapter with a coiled-coil region, is colocalized with splicing factor SC35. Genomics. 2002;79:87-94 pubmed..Immunofluorescence analysis colocalized WAC with SC35, the marker for pre-mRNA splicing machinery. Our analysis suggests that WAC represents a novel member of WW-domain-containing proteins for RNA processing. ..
- Qian W, Liang H, Shi J, Jin N, Grundke Iqbal I, Iqbal K, et al. Regulation of the alternative splicing of tau exon 10 by SC35 and Dyrk1A. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:6161-71 pubmed publisher..b>Splicing factor SC35, a member of the superfamily of the serine/arginine-rich (SR) proteins, promotes tau exon 10 inclusion...
- Brower C, Veiga L, Jones R, Varshavsky A. Mouse Dfa is a repressor of TATA-box promoters and interacts with the Abt1 activator of basal transcription. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17218-34 pubmed publisher..Given these results, RNA interference was used to probe the influence of Dfa levels in luciferase reporter assays. We found that Dfa(A) acts as a repressor of TATA-box transcriptional promoters. ..
- Bryantsev A, Chechenova M, Shelden E. Recruitment of phosphorylated small heat shock protein Hsp27 to nuclear speckles without stress. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:195-209 pubmed..These data demonstrate that phosphorylation, but not stress, mediates Hsp27 recruitment to an RNAse soluble fraction of nuclear speckles and support a site-specific role for Hsp27 within the nucleus...
- Zara S, Bosco D, Di Giulio C, Antonucci A, Cataldi A. Protein kinase Calpha early activates splicing factor SC-35 during post-natal rat heart development. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2009;23:45-54 pubmed
- Pedrotti S, Busà R, Compagnucci C, Sette C. The RNA recognition motif protein RBM11 is a novel tissue-specific splicing regulator. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:1021-32 pubmed publisher..RBM11 is localized in the nucleoplasm and enriched in SRSF2-containing splicing speckles...
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- Tabellini G, Bortul R, Santi S, Riccio M, Baldini G, Cappellini A, et al. Diacylglycerol kinase-theta is localized in the speckle domains of the nucleus. Exp Cell Res. 2003;287:143-54 pubmed..We may speculate that nuclear speckle-located DGK-theta, on cell stimulation with an agonist, converts to PA the DAG derived from PLCbeta1-dependent PIP(2) hydrolysis. ..
- Melko M, Nguyen L, Shaw M, Jolly L, Bardoni B, Gecz J. Loss of FMR2 further emphasizes the link between deregulation of immediate early response genes FOS and JUN and intellectual disability. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2984-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FMR2 is an upstream regulator of FOS and JUN, and further link deregulation of the immediate early response genes to the pathology of ID- and FRAXE-associated ID in particular. ..
- Piekielko Witkowska A, Wiszomirska H, Wojcicka A, Poplawski P, Boguslawska J, Tanski Z, et al. Disturbed expression of splicing factors in renal cancer affects alternative splicing of apoptosis regulators, oncogenes, and tumor suppressors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13690 pubmed publisher..We conclude that disturbed expression of splicing factors in ccRCC may possibly lead to impaired alternative splicing of genes regulating tumor growth and this way contribute to the process of carcinogenesis. ..
- Muralikrishna B, Dhawan J, Rangaraj N, Parnaik V. Distinct changes in intranuclear lamin A/C organization during myoblast differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:4001-11 pubmed..Our results suggest that muscle cell differentiation is accompanied by regulated rearrangements in the organization of the A-type lamins. ..
- Zara S, Falconi M, Rapino M, Zago M, Orsini G, Mazzotti G, et al. pPKC? activates SC35 splicing factor during H9c2 myoblastic differentiation. Histol Histopathol. 2011;26:59-69 pubmed publisher..The aim of our research has been the study of the expression, localization and interaction with the splicing factor SC35 of PKC isoforms (?, ?, ?, ?) and their potential role in modulating the transcription machinery...