Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srsf1
Description: serine and arginine rich splicing factor 1
Alias: Sfrs1, serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 1, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 1, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 1B
- Wang E, Huang Z, Hobson G, Dimova N, Sperle K, McCullough A, et al. PLP1 alternative splicing in differentiating oligodendrocytes: characterization of an exonic splicing enhancer. J Cell Biochem. 2006;97:999-1016 pubmed..We conclude that an ESE in exon3B regulates PLP 5' donor site selection and that ASF/SF2 protein participates in the regulation of PLP alternative splicing in oligodendrocytes. ..
- Tange T, Shibuya T, Jurica M, Moore M. Biochemical analysis of the EJC reveals two new factors and a stable tetrameric protein core. RNA. 2005;11:1869-83 pubmed..Using the same methodology, we further identified what appears to be the minimal stable EJC core, a heterotetrameric complex consisting of eIF4AIII, Magoh, Y14, and MLN51. ..
- Xu X, Yang D, Ding J, Wang W, Chu P, Dalton N, et al. ASF/SF2-regulated CaMKIIdelta alternative splicing temporally reprograms excitation-contraction coupling in cardiac muscle. Cell. 2005;120:59-72 pubmed..Our results validate ASF/SF2 as a fundamental splicing regulator in the reprogramming pathway and reveal the central contribution of ASF/SF2-regulated CaMKIIdelta alternative splicing to functional remodeling in developing heart. ..
- Zha X, Yan X, Shen Q, Zhang Y, Wu X, Chen S, et al. Alternative expression of TCR? related genes in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2012;5:74 pubmed publisher..The characteristics of TCR? 3'-UTR alternative splicing may be a novel immunological marker for the evaluation of the CML immune status. ..
- Ezponda T, Pajares M, Agorreta J, Echeveste J, Lopez Picazo J, Torre W, et al. The oncoprotein SF2/ASF promotes non-small cell lung cancer survival by enhancing survivin expression. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4113-25 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel data on the mTORC1- and survivin-dependent mechanisms of SF2/ASF-related carcinogenic potential, and shows that SF2/ASF and survivin expression is involved in NSCLC progression. ..
- Chettouh H, Fartoux L, Aoudjehane L, Wendum D, Clapéron A, Chretien Y, et al. Mitogenic insulin receptor-A is overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma due to EGFR-mediated dysregulation of RNA splicing factors. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3974-86 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of IR-A during neoplastic transformation of hepatocytes could mediate some of the adverse effects of hyperinsulinemia on HCC. ..
- D Souza I, Schellenberg G. Arginine/serine-rich protein interaction domain-dependent modulation of a tau exon 10 splicing enhancer: altered interactions and mechanisms for functionally antagonistic FTDP-17 mutations Delta280K AND N279K. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2460-9 pubmed..The data suggest that SF2/ASF has both essential and regulatory roles, whereas Tra2beta has a supporting role in exon 10 splicing. ..
- Irwin S, Vandelft M, Pinchev D, Howell J, Graczyk J, Orr H, et al. RNA association and nucleocytoplasmic shuttling by ataxin-1. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:233-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the normal role of ataxin-1 may be in RNA processing, perhaps nuclear RNA export. Thus, nuclear retention of mutant ataxin-1 may be an important toxic gain of function in SCA1 disease. ..
- Thorsen K, Mansilla F, Schepeler T, Øster B, Rasmussen M, Dyrskjøt L, et al. Alternative splicing of SLC39A14 in colorectal cancer is regulated by the Wnt pathway. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.002998 pubmed publisher..The splicing factor SRSF1 and its regulator, the kinase SRPK1, were found to be deregulated upon Wnt inactivation in colorectal carcinoma ..
- Labourier E, Rossi F, Gallouzi I, Allemand E, Divita G, Tazi J. Interaction between the N-terminal domain of human DNA topoisomerase I and the arginine-serine domain of its substrate determines phosphorylation of SF2/ASF splicing factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2955-62 pubmed
- Houlard M, Artus J, Léguillier T, Vandormael Pournin S, Cohen Tannoudji M. DNA-RNA hybrids contribute to the replication dependent genomic instability induced by Omcg1 deficiency. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:108-17 pubmed
- Griffin E, Miller L. Effects of hypophysectomy of liver donor on net synthesis of specific plasma proteins by the isolated perfused rat liver. Modulation of synthesis of albumin, fibrinogen, alpha 1-acid glycoprotein, alpha 2-(acute phase)-globulin, and haptoglobin by in. J Biol Chem. 1974;249:5062-9 pubmed
- Sarkissian M, Winne A, Lafyatis R. The mammalian homolog of suppressor-of-white-apricot regulates alternative mRNA splicing of CD45 exon 4 and fibronectin IIICS. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31106-14 pubmed
- Bernard D, Prasanth K, Tripathi V, Colasse S, Nakamura T, Xuan Z, et al. A long nuclear-retained non-coding RNA regulates synaptogenesis by modulating gene expression. EMBO J. 2010;29:3082-93 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Malat1 regulates synapse formation by modulating the expression of genes involved in synapse formation and/or maintenance. ..
- Ge H, Si Y, Wolffe A. A novel transcriptional coactivator, p52, functionally interacts with the essential splicing factor ASF/SF2. Mol Cell. 1998;2:751-9 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that, in addition to functioning as a transcriptional coactivator, p52 may also act as an adaptor to coordinate pre-mRNA splicing and transcriptional activation of class II genes. ..
- Ray D, Kazan H, Chan E, Pena Castillo L, Chaudhry S, Talukder S, et al. Rapid and systematic analysis of the RNA recognition specificities of RNA-binding proteins. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:667-70 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that RNAcompete will be a valuable tool for the study of RNA-protein interactions. ..