Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srebf1
Description: sterol regulatory element binding transcription factor 1
Alias: ADD-1, ADD1, SREBP-1, SREBP-1c, Srebp1, sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1, adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1
- Yamamoto T, Shimano H, Inoue N, Nakagawa Y, Matsuzaka T, Takahashi A, et al. Protein kinase A suppresses sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1C expression via phosphorylation of liver X receptor in the liver. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11687-95 pubmed
- Yabe D, Brown M, Goldstein J. Insig-2, a second endoplasmic reticulum protein that binds SCAP and blocks export of sterol regulatory element-binding proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12753-8 pubmed publisher..The combined actions of insig-1 and -2 permit feedback regulation of cholesterol synthesis over a wide range of sterol concentrations...
- Seo J, Moon H, Noh M, Lee Y, Jeong H, Yoo E, et al. Adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c regulates mouse adiponectin expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22108-17 pubmed..and that there is a concomitant reduction of the adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) transcription factor...
- Yang T, Espenshade P, Wright M, Yabe D, Gong Y, Aebersold R, et al. Crucial step in cholesterol homeostasis: sterols promote binding of SCAP to INSIG-1, a membrane protein that facilitates retention of SREBPs in ER. Cell. 2002;110:489-500 pubmed..Mutant SCAP(Y298C) fails to bind INSIG-1 and is resistant to sterol-mediated inhibition of ER exit. By facilitating sterol-dependent ER retention of SCAP, INSIG-1 plays a central role in cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Deng X, Yellaturu C, Cagen L, Wilcox H, Park E, Raghow R, et al. Expression of the rat sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene in response to insulin is mediated by increased transactivating capacity of specificity protein 1 (Sp1). J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17517-29 pubmed..These studies identify a novel mechanism by which maximal activation of the rat SREBP-1c gene expression by insulin is mediated by Sp1 and its enhanced ability to interact with other transcriptional regulatory proteins. ..
- Repa J, Liang G, Ou J, Bashmakov Y, Lobaccaro J, Shimomura I, et al. Regulation of mouse sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene (SREBP-1c) by oxysterol receptors, LXRalpha and LXRbeta. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2819-30 pubmed..Because this active form of SREBP-1c controls the transcription of genes involved in fatty acid biosynthesis, our results reveal a unique regulatory interplay between cholesterol and fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Ota T, Takamura T, Kurita S, Matsuzawa N, Kita Y, Uno M, et al. Insulin resistance accelerates a dietary rat model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:282-93 pubmed..The increasing prevalence of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is due to the epidemic of obesity and type 2 diabetes, both of which are associated with insulin resistance...
- Tontonoz P, Kim J, Graves R, Spiegelman B. ADD1: a novel helix-loop-helix transcription factor associated with adipocyte determination and differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:4753-9 pubmed..library, we have identified a novel member of the bHLH-leucine zipper transcription factor family designated ADD1. ADD1 mRNA is expressed predominantly in brown adipose tissue in vivo and is regulated during both determination ..
- Bizeau M, MacLean P, Johnson G, Wei Y. Skeletal muscle sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c decreases with food deprivation and increases with feeding in rats. J Nutr. 2003;133:1787-92 pubmed..This effect could not be explained by plasma glucose or insulin concentration. In conclusion, SREBP-1c RNA and SREBP-1 protein levels respond to nutritional status in skeletal muscle. ..
- Ringseis R, Rauer C, Rothe S, Gessner D, Schütz L, Luci S, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are regulators of the NIS gene in thyroid cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:781-800 pubmed publisher..These findings show that TSH acts as a regulator of SREBP expression and maturation in thyroid epithelial cells and that SREBPs are novel transcriptional regulators of NIS. ..
- Li Y, Xu S, Mihaylova M, Zheng B, Hou X, Jiang B, et al. AMPK phosphorylates and inhibits SREBP activity to attenuate hepatic steatosis and atherosclerosis in diet-induced insulin-resistant mice. Cell Metab. 2011;13:376-388 pubmed publisher..AMPK-dependent phosphorylation of SREBP may offer therapeutic strategies to combat insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerosis. ..
- Guillet Deniau I, Pichard A, Koné A, Esnous C, Nieruchalski M, Girard J, et al. Glucose induces de novo lipogenesis in rat muscle satellite cells through a sterol-regulatory-element-binding-protein-1c-dependent pathway. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1937-44 pubmed..We propose that increased intramuscular lipid accumulation associated with muscle insulin resistance in obesity or type-2 diabetes could arise partly from de novo fatty acid synthesis in skeletal muscle. ..
- Pallottini V, Martini C, Cavallini G, Donati A, Bergamini E, Notarnicola M, et al. Modified HMG-CoA reductase and LDLr regulation is deeply involved in age-related hypercholesterolemia. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1044-53 pubmed..The SREBP-2 in particular seems to be committed in multiple way to gene transcription. The obtained data represent a good contribution to explain the age-related hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Bi Y, Wu W, Shi J, Liang H, Yin W, Chen Y, et al. Role for sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c activation in mediating skeletal muscle insulin resistance via repression of rat insulin receptor substrate-1 transcription. Diabetologia. 2014;57:592-602 pubmed publisher..Adenovirus vectors expressing Srebp-1c (also known as Srebf1) and small interfering RNA (siRNA) against Srebp-1c were transfected into the L6 cells...
- He L, Simmen F, Ronis M, Badger T. Post-transcriptional regulation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 by ethanol induces class I alcohol dehydrogenase in rat liver. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28113-21 pubmed..We conclude that SREBP-1 is a negative regulator of the ADH gene and may work in concert with the CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins to mediate ethanol induction of ADH in vivo. ..
- Oikari S, Ahtialansaari T, Heinonen M, Mauriala T, Auriola S, Kiehne K, et al. Downregulation of PPARs and SREBP by acyl-CoA-binding protein overexpression in transgenic rats. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:369-77 pubmed..ACBP itself is a target gene for both transcription factors demonstrating important feedback loops. ..
- Korczynska J, Stelmanska E, Nogalska A, Szolkiewicz M, Goyke E, Swierczynski J, et al. Upregulation of lipogenic enzymes genes expression in white adipose tissue of rats with chronic renal failure is associated with higher level of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1. Metabolism. 2004;53:1060-5 pubmed..Our study indicates that WAT SREBP-1 expression is increased in CRF rats and that SREBP-1 may play an important role in the increased fatty acid synthesis. These results reveal another facet of disturbed lipid metabolism in CRF. ..
- Aragno M, Tomasinelli C, Vercellinatto I, Catalano M, Collino M, Fantozzi R, et al. SREBP-1c in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease induced by Western-type high-fat diet plus fructose in rats. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;47:1067-74 pubmed publisher..DHEA supplementation of the HF-F diet reduced de novo lipogenesis and delayed progression of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, demonstrating a relationship between oxidative stress and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease via SREBP-1c. ..
- Lee Y, Lee H, Park J, Yoo E, Glackin C, Choi Y, et al. Twist2, a novel ADD1/SREBP1c interacting protein, represses the transcriptional activity of ADD1/SREBP1c. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:7165-74 pubmedAdipocyte determination and differentiation dependent factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element binding protein isoform (SREBP1c) is a key transcription factor in fatty acid metabolism and insulin- dependent gene expression...
- Yoon Y, Seo W, Lee M, Kim S, Koo S. Salt-inducible kinase regulates hepatic lipogenesis by controlling SREBP-1c phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10446-52 pubmed publisher..Modulation of SREBP-1c activity by SIK proteins would provide an attractive means for the regulation of such diseases. ..
- Yin H, Kim Y, Chung Y, Kim Y, Shin Y, Lee B. Honokiol reverses alcoholic fatty liver by inhibiting the maturation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c and the expression of its downstream lipogenesis genes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;236:124-30 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that honokiol has the potential to ameliorate alcoholic steatosis by blocking fatty acid synthesis regulated by SREBP-1c. ..
- Ascencio C, Torres N, Isoard Acosta F, Gomez Perez F, Hernandez Pando R, Tovar A. Soy protein affects serum insulin and hepatic SREBP-1 mRNA and reduces fatty liver in rats. J Nutr. 2004;134:522-9 pubmed..These data suggest that soy protein regulates SREBP-1 expression by modulating serum insulin concentration, thus preventing the development of fatty liver. ..
- Lee Y, Sohn D, Han D, Lee H, Seong R, Kim J. Chromatin remodeling complex interacts with ADD1/SREBP1c to mediate insulin-dependent regulation of gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:438-52 pubmed..In fat and liver tissues, ADD1/SREBP1c is a key transcription factor to mediate insulin-dependent regulation of gene expression...
- Okita N, Tsuchiya T, Fukushima M, Itakura K, Yuguchi K, Narita T, et al. Chronological analysis of caloric restriction-induced alteration of fatty acid biosynthesis in white adipose tissue of rats. Exp Gerontol. 2015;63:59-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that the V-shaped chronological alterations in WAT are regulated via SREBP1c, which is probably activated by CR duration-dependent modulation of both insulin and leptin signaling. ..
- Ou J, Tu H, Shan B, Luk A, DeBose Boyd R, Bashmakov Y, et al. Unsaturated fatty acids inhibit transcription of the sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c) gene by antagonizing ligand-dependent activation of the LXR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6027-32 pubmed..These data offer a potential mechanism that partially explains the long-known ability of dietary unsaturated fatty acids to decrease the synthesis and secretion of fatty acids and triglycerides in livers of humans and other animals. ..
- Pravenec M, Jansa P, Kostka V, Zidek V, Kren V, Forejt J, et al. Identification of a mutation in ADD1/SREBP-1 in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:295-8 pubmed..spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR), we mapped and sequenced the gene encoding a key transcription factor known as ADD1 (adipocyte determination and differentiation factor 1) or SREBP-1c (sterol regulatory element binding protein- c) ..
- Proctor G, Jiang T, Iwahashi M, Wang Z, Li J, Levi M. Regulation of renal fatty acid and cholesterol metabolism, inflammation, and fibrosis in Akita and OVE26 mice with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2006;55:2502-9 pubmed
- Lacasa D, Le Liepvre X, Ferre P, Dugail I. Progesterone stimulates adipocyte determination and differentiation 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c gene expression. potential mechanism for the lipogenic effect of progesterone in adipose tissue. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11512-6 pubmed..The membrane-bound and mature nuclear forms of ADD1/SREBP1 protein accumulated in preadipocytes cultured with progesterone, and FAS induction could be abolished by ..
- Wang Y, Hu X, Xue Y, Li Z, Yanagita T, Xue C. Study on possible mechanism of orotic acid-induced fatty liver in rats. Nutrition. 2011;27:571-5 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the inhibition of fatty acid ?-oxidation and very-low-density lipoprotein secretion were related to the observed lipid accumulation. ..
- Jiang T, Liebman S, Lucia M, Phillips C, Levi M. Calorie restriction modulates renal expression of sterol regulatory element binding proteins, lipid accumulation, and age-related renal disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2385-94 pubmed
- Chakravarty K, Wu S, Chiang C, Samols D, Hanson R. SREBP-1c and Sp1 interact to regulate transcription of the gene for phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) in the liver. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15385-95 pubmed..We propose that insulin represses transcription of the gene for PEPCK-C by inducing SREBP-1c production in the liver, which interferes with the stimulatory effect of Sp1 at -590 of the PEPCK-C gene promoter. ..
- Taghibiglou C, Martin H, Lai T, Cho T, Prasad S, Kojic L, et al. Role of NMDA receptor-dependent activation of SREBP1 in excitotoxic and ischemic neuronal injuries. Nat Med. 2009;15:1399-406 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that agents that reduce SREBP-1 activation such as Indip may represent a new class of neuroprotective therapeutics against stroke. ..
- Du X, Cai C, Yao J, Zhou Y, Yu H, Shen W. Histone modifications in FASN modulated by sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c and carbohydrate responsive-element binding protein under insulin stimulation are related to NAFLD. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:409-417 pubmed publisher..Finally, histone acetylation could influence FASN expression by impairing SREBP-1c SRE and ChREBP ChORE binding. ..
- Okamoto K, Kakuma T, Fukuchi S, Masaki T, Sakata T, Yoshimatsu H. Sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP)-1 expression in brain is affected by age but not by hormones or metabolic changes. Brain Res. 2006;1081:19-27 pubmed..Aging-related changes in SREBP-1 mRNA expression may be involved in developmental changes in brain lipid metabolism. ..
- Shimano H, Shimomura I, Hammer R, Herz J, Goldstein J, Brown M, et al. Elevated levels of SREBP-2 and cholesterol synthesis in livers of mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the SREBP-1 gene. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:2115-24 pubmed
- Lucero D, Miksztowicz V, Macri V, LÃ³pez G, Friedman S, Berg G, et al. Overproduction of altered VLDL in an insulin-resistance rat model: Influence of SREBP-1c and PPAR-Î±. Clin Investig Arterioscler. 2015;27:167-74 pubmed publisher..005), and large VLDL% (p=0.002). Insulin-resistance, by coordinated activation of SREBP-1c and reduction of PPAR-Î±, could promote the secretion of larger and TG over-enriched VLDL particles, with greater atherogenic capacity. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Kim T, Im S, Park S, Lee I, et al. SREBP-1c mediates the insulin-dependent hepatic glucokinase expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30823-9 pubmed..A chromatin immunoprecipitation assay using primary hepatocytes showed increased binding of SREBP-1 to SREs of the LGK promoter by insulin. ..
- Matsumoto M, Ogawa W, Teshigawara K, Inoue H, Miyake K, Sakaue H, et al. Role of the insulin receptor substrate 1 and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling pathway in insulin-induced expression of sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c and glucokinase genes in rat hepatocytes. Diabetes. 2002;51:1672-80 pubmed..These results suggest that the IRS-1-PI 3-kinase pathway is essential for insulin-induced expression of SREBP-1c and glucokinase genes. ..
- Guha P, Aneja K, Shilpi R, Haldar D. Transcriptional regulation of mitochondrial glycerophosphate acyltransferase is mediated by distal promoter via ChREBP and SREBP-1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;490:85-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, the distal promoter is the regulatory promoter while the proximal promoter acts constitutively for rat mtGPAT gene under the influence of hormones and growth factor. ..
- Deng X, Zhang W, O Sullivan I, Williams J, Dong Q, Park E, et al. FoxO1 inhibits sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c) gene expression via transcription factors Sp1 and SREBP-1c. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20132-43 pubmed publisher..We examined the effects of FoxO1 on srebp1 gene expression in vivo and in vitro...
- Kato T, Shimano H, Yamamoto T, Yokoo T, Endo Y, Ishikawa M, et al. Granuphilin is activated by SREBP-1c and involved in impaired insulin secretion in diabetic mice. Cell Metab. 2006;4:143-54 pubmed..Collectively, our data provide evidence that activation of the SREBP-1c/granuphilin pathway is a potential mechanism for impaired insulin secretion in diabetes, contributing to beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Sandberg M, Fridriksson J, Madsen L, Rishi V, Vinson C, Holmsen H, et al. Glucose-induced lipogenesis in pancreatic beta-cells is dependent on SREBP-1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;240:94-106 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate for the first time that SREBP activity is necessary for full glucose induction of de novo fatty acid synthesis in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Kim Y, Kim Y, Yang Y, Kim T, Hwang S, Lee J, et al. Inhibition of SREBP-1c-mediated hepatic steatosis and oxidative stress by sauchinone, an AMPK-activating lignan in Saururus chinensis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:567-78 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that sauchinone has the capability to inhibit LXRalpha-mediated SREBP-1c induction and SREBP-1c-dependent hepatic steatosis, thereby protecting hepatocytes from oxidative stress induced by fat accumulation...
- de Preux A, Goosen K, Zhang W, Sima A, Shimano H, Ouwens D, et al. SREBP-1c expression in Schwann cells is affected by diabetes and nutritional status. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:525-34 pubmed..This suggests that disturbed SREBP-1c regulated lipid metabolism may contribute to the pathophysiology of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Lee J, Lee G, Jang H, Choe S, Koo S, Kim J. Ring finger protein20 regulates hepatic lipid metabolism through protein kinase A-dependent sterol regulatory element binding protein1c degradation. Hepatology. 2014;60:844-57 pubmed publisher..Knowledge regarding this process enhances our understanding of how SREBP1c is able to turn off hepatic lipid metabolism during nutritional deprivation. ..
- Wang T, Chen X, Li R, Gao B, Mohammed Ali Z, Lu C, et al. SREBP-1 Mediates Angiotensin II-Induced TGF-Î²1 Upregulation and Glomerular Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:1839-54 pubmed publisher..SREBP-1 and endoplasmic reticulum stress thus provide potential novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of CKD. ..
- Cho Y, Noshiro M, Choi M, Morita K, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K, et al. The basic helix-loop-helix proteins differentiated embryo chondrocyte (DEC) 1 and DEC2 function as corepressors of retinoid X receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;76:1360-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the repressor function of DEC1 and DEC2 may be extended to other RXR heterodimer nuclear receptors. ..
- Cai K, Sewer M. cAMP-stimulated transcription of DGK? requires steroidogenic factor 1 and sterol regulatory element binding protein 1. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2121-32 pubmed publisher..SF1 and sterol regulatory element binding protein 1 (SREBP1) increased the transcriptional activity of a reporter plasmid containing 1...
- Teran Garcia M, Adamson A, Yu G, Rufo C, Suchankova G, Dreesen T, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acid suppression of fatty acid synthase (FASN): evidence for dietary modulation of NF-Y binding to the Fasn promoter by SREBP-1c. Biochem J. 2007;402:591-600 pubmed
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Ide T, Matsuzaka T, Sone H, Yoshikawa T, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins activate insulin gene promoter directly and indirectly through synergy with BETA2/E47. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34577-89 pubmed..This cryptic SREBP-1c action might play a compensatory role in insulin expression in diabetes with beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Boizard M, Le Liepvre X, Lemarchand P, Foufelle F, Ferre P, Dugail I. Obesity-related overexpression of fatty-acid synthase gene in adipose tissue involves sterol regulatory element-binding protein transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29164-71 pubmed..isoforms expression was assessed in lean and obese rat fat cells and showed no differences in the level of ADD1/SREBP1 mRNA...
- Sawada Y, Noda M. An adipogenic basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper type transcription factor (ADD1) mRNA is expressed and regulated by retinoic acid in osteoblastic cells. Mol Endocrinol. 1996;10:1238-48 pubmedb>ADD1 is a recently identified basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper-type transcription factor that acts as a positive regulator of adipocyte-specific gene expression...
- Oh Y, Lee Y, Kang Y, Han J, Lim O, Jun H. Exendin-4 inhibits glucolipotoxic ER stress in pancreatic ? cells via regulation of SREBP1c and C/EBP? transcription factors. J Endocrinol. 2013;216:343-52 pubmed publisher..HG/PA treatment of INS-1 cells increased SREBP1 (SREBF1) protein and induced its nuclear translocation and subsequently increased C/EBP? (CEBPB) protein and its nuclear ..
- Shao S, Liu Z, Yang Y, Zhang M, Yu X. SREBP-1c, Pdx-1, and GLP-1R involved in palmitate-EPA regulated glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in INS-1 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2010;111:634-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that sequent SREBP-1c-Pdx-1-GLP-1R signal pathway was involved in the palmitate-caused GSIS impairment in beta cells. ..
- Hao J, Liu S, Wei J, Yao H, Duan H. [High fat diet induced the expression of SREBP-1, TGF-beta1 and alpha-SMA in renal tubular cells and extracellular matrix accumulation in Wistar rats]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2010;26:307-11 pubmed..High fat diet may induce lipid droplet deposit in renal tubular cells by up-regulation of the expression of SREBP-1, which causes ECM accumulation by increasing the expression of TGF-beta1 and alpha-SMA. ..
- You M, Fischer M, Deeg M, Crabb D. Ethanol induces fatty acid synthesis pathways by activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29342-7 pubmed..These finding suggest that metabolism of ethanol increased hepatic lipogenesis by activating SREBP-1 and that this effect of ethanol may contribute to the development of alcoholic fatty liver. ..
- Engelking L, Liang G, Hammer R, Takaishi K, Kuriyama H, Evers B, et al. Schoenheimer effect explained--feedback regulation of cholesterol synthesis in mice mediated by Insig proteins. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2489-98 pubmed..These studies indicate that the essential elements of the regulatory pathway for lipid synthesis function in liver as they do in cultured cells. ..
- Wang Z, Jiang T, Li J, Proctor G, McManaman J, Lucia S, et al. Regulation of renal lipid metabolism, lipid accumulation, and glomerulosclerosis in FVBdb/db mice with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2005;54:2328-35 pubmed
- Kim T, Kim H, Park J, Im S, Bae J, Kim M, et al. Interrelationship between liver X receptor alpha, sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, and small heterodimer partner in the transcriptional regulation of glucokinase gene expression in liver. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15071-83 pubmed publisher..From these data, we propose a mechanism for LXRalpha in controlling the gene expression of LGK that involves activation through SREBP-1c and PPARgamma and inhibition through SHP. ..
- Nakamura S, Takamura T, Matsuzawa Nagata N, Takayama H, Misu H, Noda H, et al. Palmitate induces insulin resistance in H4IIEC3 hepatocytes through reactive oxygen species produced by mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14809-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitochondria-derived ROS induced by palmitate may be major contributors to JNK activation and cellular insulin resistance. ..
- Sharawy M, El Awady M, Megahed N, Gameil N. Attenuation of insulin resistance in rats by agmatine: role of SREBP-1c, mTOR and GLUT-2. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016;389:45-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally, AGM enhanced ACh-induced aortic relaxation and attenuated liver steatosis induced by HFD. In conclusion, AGM may have a therapeutic potential in insulin resistance through suppressing SREBP-1c, mTOR and GLUT-2 in liver. ..
- Park H, Georgescu S, DU C, Madias C, Aronovitz M, Welzig C, et al. Parasympathetic response in chick myocytes and mouse heart is controlled by SREBP. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:259-71 pubmed..These results demonstrate a relationship between lipid metabolism and parasympathetic response that may play a role in arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Harasiuk D, Baranowski M, Zabielski P, Chabowski A, Gorski J. Liver X Receptor Agonist TO901317 Prevents Diacylglycerols Accumulation in the Heart of Streptozotocin-Diabetic Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:350-9 pubmed publisher..Activation of LXRs by TO901317 protects cardiomyocytes against DAG accumulation and thus may reverse disturbances in lipid metabolism observed in streptozotocin-diabetic heart. ..
- Jeon B, Kim Y, Choi W, Koh D, Kim M, Yoon J, et al. Kr-pok increases FASN expression by modulating the DNA binding of SREBP-1c and Sp1 at the proximal promoter. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:755-66 pubmed publisher..Kr-pok may act as an important regulator of fatty acid synthesis and may induce rapid cancer cell proliferation by increasing palmitate synthesis. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Y, Li R, Chen W, Howell M, Zhang R, et al. The hepatic Raldh1 expression is elevated in Zucker fatty rats and its over-expression introduced the retinal-induced Srebp-1c expression in INS-1 cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45210 pubmed publisher..This excessive RA production may be one of the factors contributing to the elevated lipogenesis in the liver of ZF rats. ..
- Im S, Kwon S, Kang S, Kim T, Kim H, Hur M, et al. Regulation of GLUT4 gene expression by SREBP-1c in adipocytes. Biochem J. 2006;399:131-9 pubmed..The Sp1 site appears to play an additive role in SREBP-1c mediated GLUT4 gene upregulation. These results suggest that upregulation of GLUT4 gene transcription might be directly mediated by SREBP-1c in adipose tissue. ..
- Yang L, Wang M, Liu T, Song H, Li D, Zheng P, et al. [Effects of Chinese herbal medicine Jiangzhi Granule on expressions of liver X receptor ? and sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c in a rat model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:998-1004 pubmed..JZG may regulate fatty acid metabolic disorder by decreasing the levels of LXR? and SREBP-1c. ..
- Osborne T, Espenshade P. Evolutionary conservation and adaptation in the mechanism that regulates SREBP action: what a long, strange tRIP it's been. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2578-91 pubmed publisher..This review integrates classic features of the SREBP pathway with newer information regarding the regulation and sensing mechanisms that serve to assimilate different cellular physiologic processes for optimal function and growth. ..
- Xu J, Cho H, O MALLEY S, Park J, Clarke S. Dietary polyunsaturated fats regulate rat liver sterol regulatory element binding proteins-1 and -2 in three distinct stages and by different mechanisms. J Nutr. 2002;132:3333-9 pubmed..These data indicate that PUFA suppress the in vivo proteolytic release of SREBP-1 and -2, but the effect on SREBP-2 is transitory, possibly reflecting the ability of PUFA to enhance cholesterol losses via bile acid synthesis. ..
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Takeuchi Y, Okazaki H, Yamamoto T, Yahagi N, et al. Suppression of the pancreatic duodenal homeodomain transcription factor-1 (Pdx-1) promoter by sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27902-14 pubmed publisher..Through these multiple mechanisms, SREBP-1c, when induced in a lipotoxic state, repressed PDX-1 expression contributing to the inhibition of insulin expression and ? cell dysfunction. ..
- Sun L, Halaihel N, Zhang W, Rogers T, Levi M. Role of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 in regulation of renal lipid metabolism and glomerulosclerosis in diabetes mellitus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18919-27 pubmed
- Sone H, Shimano H, Sakakura Y, Inoue N, Amemiya Kudo M, Yahagi N, et al. Acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase is a lipogenic enzyme controlled by SREBP-1 and energy status. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002;282:E222-30 pubmed..However, its high conservation among different species and the wide range of its tissue distribution suggest that this enzyme might also play an important role in basic cellular energy metabolism. ..
- Fernø J, Vik Mo A, Jassim G, Håvik B, Berge K, Skrede S, et al. Acute clozapine exposure in vivo induces lipid accumulation and marked sequential changes in the expression of SREBP, PPAR, and LXR target genes in rat liver. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009;203:73-84 pubmed publisher..We suggest that such drug-induced effects on lipid metabolism in peripheral tissues are relevant for the metabolic adverse effects associated with clozapine and possibly other APDs. ..
- Améen C, Lindén D, Larsson B, Mode A, Holmang A, Oscarsson J. Effects of gender and GH secretory pattern on sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c and its target genes in rat liver. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E1039-48 pubmed..This regulation is not a direct effect of GH on hepatocytes and does not involve changed expression of SREBP-1c or LXRalpha mRNA but is associated with decreased insulin sensitivity. ..
- Oh S, Park S, Kim J, Ahn Y, Park S, Kim K. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta gene is regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 in liver. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28410-7 pubmed..This study provides evidence that ACCbeta expression in liver is regulated at the transcriptional level by the direct interaction of SREBP-1 with promoter II. ..
- Wang H, Kouri G, Wollheim C. ER stress and SREBP-1 activation are implicated in beta-cell glucolipotoxicity. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3905-15 pubmed..These results suggest that SREBP-1 activation caused by ER stress is implicated in beta-cell glucolipotoxicity. ..
- Commerford S, Peng L, Dube J, O Doherty R. In vivo regulation of SREBP-1c in skeletal muscle: effects of nutritional status, glucose, insulin, and leptin. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2004;287:R218-27 pubmed