Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Src
Description: v-src avian sarcoma (Schmidt-Ruppin A-2) viral oncogene homolog
Alias: Rous sarcoma oncogene, c-Src, p60-Src, pp60c-src, proto-oncogene c-Src, proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase Src, tyrosine protein kinase c-src, tyrosine protein kinase pp60-c-src, v-src sarcoma (Schmidt-Ruppin A-2) viral oncogene homolog
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Nox4 NAD(P)H oxidase mediates Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of PDK-1 in response to angiotensin II: role in mesangial cell hypertrophy and fibronectin expressionKaren Block
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7723 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 283:24061-76. 2008..total and on residues 9 and 373/376) are inhibited in cells transfected with small interfering RNA for Src, indicating that Src is upstream of PDK-1...
- Modulation of ERK 1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways by ATP in osteoblasts: involvement of mechanical stress-activated calcium influx, PKC and Src activationS Katz
Departamento de Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional del Sur, San Juan 670, B8000ICN Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:2082-91. 2006..318220 (1 microM), a protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor, and PP1 (50 microM), a potent and selective inhibitor of the Src-family tyrosine kinases. Ca(2+)-free extracellular medium (containing 0...
- Localization of PTP-1B, SHP-2, and Src exclusively in rat brain mitochondria and functional consequencesAmal Arachiche
INSERM U688 Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 283:24406-11. 2008An immunodetection study of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP-1B), SHP-2, and Src in isolated mitochondria from different rat tissues (brain, muscle, heart, liver, and kidney) revealed their exclusive localization in the brain...
- AT₂receptors recruit c-Src, SHP-1 and FAK upon activation by Ang II in PND15 rat hindbrainLeonardo R Seguin
Instituto Multidisciplinario de Investigaciones Biológicas IMIBIO SL CONICET, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, San Luis, Argentina
Neurochem Int 60:199-207. 2012..The possible participation of c-Src in Ang II-mediated SHP-1 activation, we demonstrated by recruitment of c-Src in immunocomplexes obtained with anti ..
- c-Src-dependent nongenomic signaling responses to aldosterone are increased in vascular myocytes from spontaneously hypertensive ratsGlaucia E Callera
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Hypertension 46:1032-8. 2005..previously demonstrated that nongenomic signaling by aldosterone in vascular smooth muscle cells occurs through c-Src-dependent pathways...
- HIF-1 and c-Src mediate increased glucose uptake induced by endothelin-1 and connexin43 in astrocytesJosé Carlos Valle-Casuso
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y Leon INCYL, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e32448. 2012..The activity of oncogenes such as c-Src can up-regulate HIF-1α...
- Involvement of c-Src tyrosine kinase in SHP-1 phosphatase activation by Ang II AT2 receptors in rat fetal tissuesSergio E Alvarez
Facultad de Quimica, Instituto Multidisciplinario de Investigaciones Biológicas IMIBIO CONICET, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, San Luis, Argentina
J Cell Biochem 105:703-11. 2008..Interestingly, following receptor stimulation (1 min) c-Src was associated to AT(2) or SHP-1 immunocomplexes...
- Characterization and location of Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation in rat brain mitochondriaMauro Salvi
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Padova, Centro delle Biomembrane del CNR, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1589:181-95. 2002..Tyrosine phosphorylation disappears when mitochondria are treated with PP2, an inhibitor of the Src kinase family, suggesting the presence of members of this family in rat brain mitochondria...
- Aldosterone activates vascular p38MAP kinase and NADPH oxidase via c-SrcGlaucia E Callera
CIHR Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, University of Montreal, Canada
Hypertension 45:773-9. 2005..that aldosterone induces activation of vascular mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases and NADPH oxidase via c-Src-dependent mechanisms in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- Proteomics study of oxidative stress and Src kinase inhibition in H9C2 cardiomyocytes: a cell model of heart ischemia-reperfusion injury and treatmentHsiu Chuan Chou
Tissue Regeneration Bio Device Tech Lab, Medical Electronics and Device Technology Center, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu 31040, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 49:96-108. 2010..Importantly, Src kinase was shown to be a major upstream regulator of these events...
- Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migrationHarihara S K Potula
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 284:31142-55. 2009..In addition, 15(S)-HETE-induced VSMC migration was dependent on Src-mediated activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT-3)...
- Activation of Src kinase in platelet-derived growth factor-B-dependent tubular regeneration after acute ischemic renal injuryMikiko Takikita-Suzuki
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:277-86. 2003..In the present study, we examined the activation of Src tyrosine kinase, a crucially important signaling molecule for PDGFR, and assessed the role of Src in PDGF-B-..
- NMDA receptor activation results in tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A(NR2A) and interaction of Pyk2 and Src with NR2A after transient cerebral ischemia and reperfusionY Liu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 909:51-8. 2001..I/R) on tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interaction of two tyrosine kinases, Src and Pyk2, with NR2A was investigated...
- Role of c-SRC and ERK in acid-induced activation of NHE3Hirohiko Tsuganezawa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9003, USA
Kidney Int 62:41-50. 2002..Incubation of cultured renal epithelial cells in acid media activates c-Src.
- Functional impact of PTP1B-mediated Src regulation on oxidative phosphorylation in rat brain mitochondriaEtienne Hébert Chatelain
Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, INSERM U688, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:2603-13. 2011Given the presence of Src and PTP1B within rat brain mitochondria, we have investigated whether PTP1B regulates Src activity in mitochondria as in the cytosol...
- An intracellular multi-effector complex mediates somatostatin receptor 1 activation of phospho-tyrosine phosphatase etaSara Arena
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, Univertsity of Genova 16132 Genova, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 21:229-46. 2007..and that involves, in a multimeric complex and sequential activation, the tyrosine kinases Janus kinase (JAK) 2 and Src, and the cytosolic phosphotyrosine phosphatase SHP-2...
- EV71 induces COX-2 expression via c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/AP-1 and NF-kappaB in rat brain astrocytesWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 224:376-86. 2010..that EV71-induced COX-2 expression and PGE(2) production were attenuated by pretreatment with the inhibitors of c-Src (PP1), PDGFR (AG1296), PI3K (Wortmannin), MEK1/2 (PD98059), NF-kappaB (helenalin), and AP-1 (Tanshinone) and ..
- Cardiomyocyte apoptosis triggered by RAFTK/pyk2 via Src kinase is antagonized by paxillinJaime Melendez
The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53516-23. 2004..expression of RAFTK in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes involves concurrent increases in phosphorylation of Src, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and p38 leading to characteristic apoptotic changes including cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose)..
- Caveolin-1 facilitates mechanosensitive protein kinase B (Akt) signaling in vitro and in vivoDaniel G Sedding
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, Giessen University, Giessen, Germany
Circ Res 96:635-42. 2005..When VSMC were subjected to cyclic stretch (0.5 Hz at 125% resting length), PI3-K, Akt, and Src kinases were found activated...
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1-enhanced Src-Janus kinase 2-signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 stimulation and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression require redox-sensitive activation of epidermal growth factor receptor in vascular wall remodeliNikhlesh K Singh
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22478-88. 2011..Interference with EGFR activation blocked 15(S)-HETE-induced Src and STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) expression and VSMC migration...
- Expression and signaling of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER) in rat sertoli cellsThaís F G Lucas
Section of Experimental Endocrinology, Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, INFAR, Vila Clementino, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Reprod 83:307-17. 2010..MAPK3/1 phosphorylation induced by ICI or G-1 was blocked by pertussis toxin, selective inhibitor of the SRC family of protein tyrosine kinases, metalloprotease inhibitor, MAP2K1/2 inhibitor, and epidermal growth factor ..
- Integrin-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of SHPS-1 and its association with SHP-2. Roles of Fak and Src family kinasesM Tsuda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:13223-9. 1998SHPS-1 is a receptor-like glycoprotein that undergoes tyrosine phosphorylation and binds SHP-2, an Src homology 2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase, in response to various mitogens...
- Interaction between src family kinases and rho-kinase in agonist-induced Ca2+-sensitization of rat pulmonary arteryGreg A Knock
Department of Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Science, School of Medicine, King s College London, Room 3 20, Franklin Wilkins Building, Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
Cardiovasc Res 77:570-9. 2008We investigated the role of src family kinases (srcFK) in agonist-mediated Ca2+-sensitization in pulmonary artery and whether this involves interaction with the rho/rho-kinase pathway.
- Angiotensin II-induced osteopontin expression in vascular smooth muscle cells involves Gq/11, Ras, ERK, Src and Ets-1Keiko Abe
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:987-98. 2008..DN-Src and DN-Fyn suppressed Ang II-induced OPN promoter activity...
- Homophilic adhesion and CEACAM1-S regulate dimerization of CEACAM1-L and recruitment of SHP-2 and c-SrcMario M Müller
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 187:569-81. 2009..Although there is evidence that CEACAM1 binds and activates SHP-1, SHP-2, and c-Src, knowledge about the mechanism of transmembrane signaling is lacking...
- MEK mediates v-Src-induced disruption of the actin cytoskeleton via inactivation of the Rho-ROCK-LIM kinase pathwayGeraldine Pawlak
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26927-33. 2002Cellular transformation by v-Src is believed to be caused by aberrant activation of signaling pathways that are normally regulated by cellular Src...
- Cell adhesion-dependent cofilin serine 3 phosphorylation by the integrin-linked kinase.c-Src complexYong Bae Kim
Department of Tumor Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Cell Dynamics Research Center, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:10089-96. 2008..with suspended cells, fibronectin-adherent cells showed enhanced pS(3)cofilin, depending on ILK expression and c-Src activity...
- The pro-atherogenic cytokine interleukin-18 induces CXCL16 expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cells via MyD88, interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase, tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6, c-Src, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, c-JBysani Chandrasekar
Department of Medicine, Medicine Cardiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26263-77. 2005..b>Src kinase inhibitors PP1 and PP2, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002, Akt ..
- 17beta-estradiol induces the translocation of the estrogen receptors ESR1 and ESR2 to the cell membrane, MAPK3/1 phosphorylation and proliferation of cultured immature rat Sertoli cellsThaís F G Lucas
Section of Experimental Endocrinology, Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Reprod 78:101-14. 2008..Both effects reached a maximum after 10 min and were blocked by PP2, an inhibitor of the SRC family of protein tyrosine kinases, and by the antiestrogen ICI 182,780 (ICI)...
- Activating the PARP-1 sensor component of the groucho/ TLE1 corepressor complex mediates a CaMKinase IIdelta-dependent neurogenic gene activation pathwayBong Gun Ju
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, Department and School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 119:815-29. 2004..The identification of PARP-1 as a regulated promoter-specific exchange factor required for activation of specific neurogenic gene programs is likely to be prototypic of similar molecular mechanisms...
- Integrin activates receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase alpha, Src, and Rho to increase prolactin gene expression through a final phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/cytoskeletal pathway that is additive with insulinAnthony I Vulin
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Endocrinology 146:3535-46. 2005..Others suggested that RPTPalpha was a key intermediary between integrins and activation of Src. We present evidence that inhibition of insulin-increased prolactin gene transcription was secondary to RPTPalpha ..
- Localization of caveolin-1 and c-src in mature and differentiating photoreceptors: raft proteins co-distribute with rhodopsin during developmentAgnes I Berta
Department of Human Morphology and Developmental Biology, Semmelweis University Budapest, Tuzolto u 58, Budapest, Hungary
J Mol Histol 42:523-33. 2011..Therefore the purpose of our studies was to follow the localization pattern of caveolin-1, phospho-caveolin-1 and c-src in the developing retina and compare it to that observed in adults...
- Interaction between chicken protein tyrosine phosphatase 1 (CPTP1)-like rat protein phosphatase 1 (PTP1) and p60(v-src) in v-src-transformed Rat-1 fibroblastsEun Joo Jung
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660 751, Korea
Exp Mol Med 34:476-80. 2002..Using anti-CPTP1 antibody, we identified CPTP1-like rat PTP1 of 51 kDa in Rat-1 and v-src-transformed Rat-1 fibroblasts...
- Calcium-permeable α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptors trigger neuronal nitric-oxide synthase activation to promote nerve cell death in an Src kinase-dependent fashionRenato Socodato
Program of Neurosciences and Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Biology, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, 24020 971, Brazil
J Biol Chem 287:38680-94. 2012..The Src-tyrosine kinase has been implicated in modulating neurotransmission in CNS...
- Involvement of c-Src/STAT3 signal in EGF-induced proliferation of rat spermatogonial stem cellsJia Xiang Chen
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Nanchang University, Donghu District, Nanchang 330006, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 358:67-73. 2011..proliferation in a dose-dependent manner and significantly increased the protein levels of phosphated c-Src (p-c-Src) and phosphated signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (p-STAT3)...
- The role of reelin in adult synaptic function and the genetic and epigenetic regulation of the reelin geneJonathan M Levenson
Galenea, Corp, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:422-31. 2008....
- Myosin light chain kinase and Src control membrane dynamics in volume recovery from cell swellingElisabeth T Barfod
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405 Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:634-50. 2011..Hypotonic exposure evoked increased biochemical association of the cell volume regulator Src with MLCK and with the endocytosis regulators cortactin and dynamin, which colocalized within these structures...
- SRC family kinase activity is up-regulated in hormone-refractory prostate cancerOleg Tatarov
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Clin Cancer Res 15:3540-9. 2009Although Src family kinase (SFK) inhibitors are now in clinical trials for the treatment of androgen-independent prostate cancer (AIPC), there are no studies relating SFK activation to patient survival...
- Synergistic activation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and NAD(P)H oxidase by Src kinase elevates superoxide in type 2 diabetic, Zucker fa/fa, rat liverRakhee S Gupte
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:219-28. 2009..Inhibition of PI3 kinase and Src kinases decreased (p < 0...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-induced stabilization of cyclooxygenase 2 mRNA in rat smooth muscle cells requires the c-Src family of protein-tyrosine kinasesKaiming Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32699-709. 2007..Activation of PDGF receptor (PDGFR) in rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cells leads to c-Src-dependent stabilization of COX-2 mRNA requiring an AU-rich region within the 3'-untranslated region of this ..
- Suppression of c-Src activity stimulates muscle differentiation via p38 MAPK activationMin Jin Lim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology BK21 project, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Arch Biochem Biophys 465:197-208. 2007Role of c-Src in muscle differentiation has been controversial. Here, we investigated if c-Src positively or negatively regulates muscle differentiation, using H9c2 and C2C12 cell lines...
- Regulation of c-Src activity in glutamate-induced neurodegenerationSavita Khanna
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Department of Surgery, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23482-90. 2007c-Src is heavily expressed in the brain and in human neural tissues...
- Protein kinase Cepsilon (PKCepsilon) and Src control PKCdelta activation loop phosphorylation in cardiomyocytesVitalyi O Rybin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23631-8. 2007..Further studies implicate Src in this mechanism, showing that 1) PKCepsilon overexpression increases PKCdelta-Thr(505) phosphorylation in ..
- Src-mediated cortactin phosphorylation regulates actin localization and injurious blebbing in acinar cellsVijay P Singh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2339-47. 2008..We observed that suprastimulation results in a rapid activation of Src and relocalization of the actin-binding protein cortactin from the apical to the basolateral domain at the necks of ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of HPK1 by activated Src promotes ischemic brain injury in rat hippocampal CA1 regionTing Li
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huaihai Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
FEBS Lett 582:1894-900. 2008..Immunoprecipitation and immunoblot results showed that PP2 and MK801 significantly decreased the activation of Src, HPK1, MLK3, JNK3 and c-Jun, respectively, during ischemia/reperfusion...
- Redox-sensitive Akt and Src regulate coronary collateral growth in metabolic syndromeRyan Reed
Department of Biochemistry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1811-21. 2009..Here, we determined whether the activation of Src, a possible upstream regulator, was altered in JCR rats and whether redox-dependent Src and Akt activation were ..
- FGF-1-induced reactions for biogenesis of apoE-HDL are mediated by src in rat astrocytesTomo Nishida
Biochemistry, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Biochem 146:881-6. 2009..FGF-1-induced phosphorylation of Src, and phosphorylation of MEK, ERK and Ark was inhibited by Src inhibitors in rat astrocytes...
- Transduced PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 decreases Src phosphorylation and increases nNOS (Ser847) phosphorylation contributing to neuroprotection after cerebral ischemiaWei Wei Wang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 1328:162-70. 2010..We recently reported that the triplicate complex NR2A-PSD-95-Src is a signaling module to facilitate NMDA receptor over-activation...
- Neuroprotection of GluR5-containing kainate receptor activation against ischemic brain injury through decreasing tyrosine phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors mediated by Src kinaseJie Xu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bio information, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, China
J Biol Chem 283:29355-66. 2008..propanoic acid (ATPA), a selective GluR5 agonist, could suppress Src tyrosine phosphorylation and interactions among N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit 2A (NR2A), ..
- Elevated Src kinase activity attenuates Tamoxifen response in vitro and is associated with poor prognosis clinicallyLiam Morgan
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1550-8. 2009Activated Src kinase may contribute to the progression and spread of breast cancers and recent in vitro evidence suggests a role for Src in acquired endocrine resistance...
- The regulatory domain of protein kinase C delta positively regulates insulin receptor signalingAvraham I Jacob
Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Gonda Diagnostic Center, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
J Mol Endocrinol 44:155-69. 2010..Basal binding of Src to PKCdelta was higher in both PKCdelta/alpha- and PKCalpha/delta-expressing cells compared to control...
- The transactivated epidermal growth factor receptor recruits Pyk2 to regulate Src kinase activityDag Schauwienold
Abteilung Klinische Pharmakologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:27748-56. 2008..epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor ligands and activation of the nonreceptor tyrosine kinases Pyk2 and Src contributed to the thrombin-induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation...
- Ligand-independent trans-activation of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor by reactive oxygen species requires protein kinase C-delta and c-SrcShuichi Saito
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44695-700. 2002..at Tyr(1021), a phospholipase C-gamma binding site, involving the requirement of protein kinase C-delta and c-Src that is distinct from a ligand-dependent autophosphorylation...
- Learning induces neurotrophin signaling at hippocampal synapsesLulu Y Chen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7030-5. 2010..in this regard than other stimulation patterns, preferentially engaged NMDA receptors that, in turn, activated Src kinases...
- Decay accelerating factor (CD55) protects neuronal cells from chemical hypoxia-induced injuryYing Wang
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:24. 2010..The present study investigates the ability of DAF to protect primary cultured neuronal cells subjected to sodium cyanide (NaCN)-induced hypoxia from degeneration and apoptosis...
- Constitutive diffuse activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase at the plasma membrane by v-Src suppresses the chemotactic response to PDGF by abrogating the polarity of PDGF receptor signallingAnna Platek
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, CELL Unit, UCL 75 41, Avenue Hippocrate, 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 313:1090-105. 2007Cancer cells depend on chemotaxis for invasion and frequently overexpress and/or activate Src. We previously reported that v-Src accelerates motility by promoting phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K) signalling but abrogates chemotaxis...
- The GTPase dynamin binds to and is activated by a subset of SH3 domainsI Gout
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, London, England
Cell 75:25-36. 1993b>Src homology 3 (SH3) domains have been implicated in mediating protein-protein interactions in receptor signaling processes; however, the precise role of this domain remains unclear...
- Tumor metastasis but not tumor growth is dependent on Src-mediated vascular permeabilityMichele L Criscuoli
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, Division of Cancer Biology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Blood 105:1508-14. 2005..Previous studies have shown a requirement for Src kinase in VEGF-mediated VP and signaling in blood vessels...
- Fer kinase/FerT and adherens junction dynamics in the testis: an in vitro and in vivo studyYong Mei Chen
Population Council, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Biol Reprod 69:656-72. 2003..Studies by immunoprecipitation revealed that Fer kinase associated with N-cadherin, gamma-catenin, p120ctn, c-Src (a putative PTK and the product of the transforming, sarcoma-inducing gene of Rous sarcoma virus), Rab 8 (a GTPase),..
- Insulin-dependent phosphorylation of DPP IV in liver. Evidence for a role of compartmentalized c-SrcNicolas Bilodeau
Pediatric Research Unit, CRCHUL CHUQ, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
FEBS J 273:992-1003. 2006..DPP IV coimmunoprecipitated with the cellular tyrosine kinase Src (c-Src) with maximal association also observed after 2 min following insulin injection...
- Protein kinase C delta induces Src kinase activity via activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP alphaDominique T Brandt
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Department of Nephrology, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:34073-8. 2003..reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton in smooth muscle cells is transmitted by the non-receptor tyrosine kinase, Src. Several authors have described how 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) stimulation of cells results in an ..
- Involvement of Src tyrosine kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase in the facilitation of calcium channels in rat nucleus of the tractus solitarius by angiotensin IITakayuki Endoh
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba 261 8502, Japan
J Physiol 568:851-65. 2005..Intracellular dialysis of the Galpha(i)-protein antibody attenuated the Ang II-induced facilitation of I(Ca). Both Src tyrosine kinase inhibitor and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) inhibitor attenuated the Ang II-induced ..
- Prostaglandin E2 stimulates fibronectin expression through EP1 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Calpha, and c-Src pathway in primary cultured rat osteoblastsChih Hsin Tang
Departments of Pharmacology and Orthopaedics, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 280:22907-16. 2005..acid tetrakis(acetoxymethyl ester)), phosphatidylinositol-phospholipase C inhibitor (U73122), or Src inhibitor (PP2) attenuated the PGE(2)-induced Fn expression...
- The rat tyrosine phosphatase eta increases cell adhesion by activating c-Src through dephosphorylation of its inhibitory phosphotyrosine residueIlaria Le Pera
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Medical School of Catanzaro, Magna Graecia University of Catanzaro, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Oncogene 24:3187-95. 2005..Here, we report that the r-PTPeta protein binds to c-Src in living cells and dephosphorylates the c-Src inhibitory tyrosine phosphorylation site (Tyr 529), thereby ..
- Sensitization of epidermal growth factor-induced signaling by bradykinin is mediated by c-Src. Implications for a role of lipid microdomainsEun Mi Hur
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31, Hyoja Dong, Pohang 790 784, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 279:5852-60. 2004..Bradykinin caused activation of p60Src and Src-dependent phosphorylation of the EGFR on Tyr-845 in lipid rafts, as well as recruitment of phospholipase C (PLC) ..
- Role of Src-induced dynamin-2 phosphorylation in caveolae-mediated endocytosis in endothelial cellsAyesha N Shajahan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, M C 868, 835 S Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20392-400. 2004..We addressed the role of Src phosphorylation of the GTPase dynamin-2 in the mechanism of caveolae release and albumin transport...
- PKA phosphorylation of Src mediates Rap1 activation in NGF and cAMP signaling in PC12 cellsYutaro Obara
The Vollum Institute, L474, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 117:6085-94. 2004Recent studies suggest that the tyrosine kinase Src plays an important role in the hormonal regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) via cyclic AMP (cAMP)...
- Integrin receptor activation triggers converging regulation of Cav1.2 calcium channels by c-Src and protein kinase A pathwaysPeichun Gui
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 281:14015-25. 2006..These sites are known to be phosphorylated by protein kinase A (PKA) and c-Src, respectively, and are conserved between rat neuronal (Cav1.2c) and smooth muscle (Cav1.2b) isoforms...
- Tyrosine kinase and tyrosine phosphatase participate in regulation of interactions of NMDA receptor subunit 2A with Src and Fyn mediated by PSD-95 after transient brain ischemiaMin Chen
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002 P R, Jiangsu, China
Neurosci Lett 339:29-32. 2003..receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interactions among NR2A, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95), Fyn/Src after brain ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Increased expression of neuronal Src and tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptors in rat brain after systemic treatment with MK-801A Linden
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, P O B 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neuropharmacology 40:469-81. 2001..that systemic treatment with the uncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist MK-801 increases Src expression and NMDA receptor phosphorylation in rat brain...
- Regulation of an ERG K+ current by Src tyrosine kinaseFrancisco S Cayabyab
Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network and Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:13673-81. 2002..The whole cell ERG current was reduced by protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitors or the Src-selective inhibitory peptide, src40-58, but not by a scrambled peptide...
- Repetitive deformation activates focal adhesion kinase and ERK mitogenic signals in human Caco-2 intestinal epithelial cells through Src and Rac1Lakshmi S Chaturvedi
Surgical Service, John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 282:14-28. 2007..However, the upstream mediators of these effects are unknown. We investigated whether Src and Rac1 mediate deformation-induced FAK and ERK phosphorylation and proliferation in human Caco-2 and rat IEC-6 ..
- Activated c-SRC in ductal carcinoma in situ correlates with high tumour grade, high proliferation and HER2 positivityG R Wilson
Department of Academic Surgery, Research and Education Building 2nd Floor, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1410-4. 2006Overexpression and/or activity of c-Src non-receptor tyrosine kinase is associated with progression of several human epithelial cancers including breast cancer...
- Activating SRC mutation in a subset of advanced human colon cancersR B Irby
Department of Surgery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Nat Genet 21:187-90. 1999The discovery of Rous sarcoma virus (RSV) led to the identification of cellular Src (c-Src), a non-receptor tyrosine kinase, which has since been implicated in the development of numerous human cancers...
- Mammalian NUMB is an evolutionarily conserved signaling adapter protein that specifies cell fateJ M Verdi
Amgen Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto M5G 2C1, Canada
Curr Biol 6:1134-45. 1996..Part of the Drosophila NUMB protein exhibits homology to the SHC phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain, suggesting a potential link to tyrosine-kinase signal transduction...
- Angiotensin II-dependent Src and Smad1 signaling pathway is crucial for the development of diabetic nephropathyAkira Mima
Department of Nephrology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Lab Invest 86:927-39. 2006..staining and Western blotting showed that the increased expression of Smad1, phospho-Smad1, and phospho-Src was inhibited by olmesartan...
- Cloning of the proto-oncogene c-src from rat testisO Al-Khalili
Department of Physiology, Center for Cell and Molecular Signaling, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
DNA Seq 12:425-9. 2001The cellular homolog of the oncogene v-src, the proto-oncogene c-src, was cloned from rat testis using a high stringency polymerase chain reaction...
- Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha with protein kinase C alpha and c-Src in osteoblasts during differentiationMaurizio Longo
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L Aquila, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Bone 34:100-11. 2004..PKCzeta, was evidenced at over-confluence, along with transient increases in expression and kinase activity of c-Src, accompanied by membrane translocation of the kinase-activated enzyme...
- pp60c-Src Kinase mediates growth effects of the full-length precursor progastrin1-80 peptide on rat intestinal epithelial cells, in vitroD Brown
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0645, USA
Endocrinology 144:201-11. 2003..In previous studies, we reported an increase in Tyr phosphorylation of pp60(c-Src) in intestinal epithelial cells (IEC) in response to the fully processed form of gastrin [gastrin(1-17) (G17)]...
- Regulation of early events in integrin signaling by protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2E S Oh
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:3205-15. 1999..Both in vitro and in vivo studies indicate that SHPS-1 tyrosyl phosphorylation is catalyzed by Src family protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs)...
- GIT1 mediates Src-dependent activation of phospholipase Cgamma by angiotensin II and epidermal growth factorJudith Haendeler
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49936-44. 2003..c-Src has been proposed as a common mediator for these signals activated by both G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) and ..
- Pattern formation of vascular smooth muscle cells subject to nonuniform fluid shear stress: role of PDGF-beta receptor and SrcShu Q Liu
Biomedical Engineering Department, E334, Technology Institute, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208 3107, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1081-90. 2003..Here, we investigated the role of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-beta receptor and Src in the regulation of such processes...
- Load-induced focal adhesion mechanotransduction is altered with aging in the Fischer 344/NNiaHSd x Brown Norway/BiNia rat aortaK M Rice
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology, and Toxicology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV 25755 1090, USA
Biogerontology 8:257-67. 2007..Immunoblot analysis showed increases in the aortic content of FAK (15%), FAK related non-kinase (p41-FRNK) (28%), Src (92%), RhoA (41%), and paxillin (23%) in the very aged aortae...
- Src-dependent association of Cas and p85 phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase in v-crk-transformed cellsRebecca B Riggins
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cancer Res 1:428-37. 2003..The interaction between Cas and p85 PI3K appears to be driven primarily by Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of Cas, and mapping studies indicate that the carboxyl terminus of Cas is ..
- Src tyrosine kinase regulates insulin-induced activation of protein kinase C (PKC) delta in skeletal muscleTovit Rosenzweig
Gonda Goldschmeid Center, Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Cell Signal 16:1299-308. 2004..In this study, we investigated the possibility that the Src family of nonreceptor tyrosine kinases may be involved upstream insulin signaling...
- Regulation of ectoplasmic specialization dynamics in the seminiferous epithelium by focal adhesion-associated proteins in testosterone-suppressed rat testesChing Hang Wong
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 146:1192-204. 2005..For instance, the protein levels of beta1-integrin, Tyr-phosphorylated focal adhesion kinase (p-FAK), and c-Src were induced during the T suppression-induced germ cell loss and recovery, implicating that these proteins are ..
- Role of p38 map kinase in glycine-induced hepatocyte resistance to hypoxic injuryRita Carini
Department of Medical Sciences, University A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Hepatol 46:692-9. 2007..Glycine hepatoprotection is well known. However, the mechanisms involved are still poorly characterized...
- Effect of radicicol infusion on the Src tyrosine kinase activity of rat hippocampus before and after training in an inhibitory avoidance taskPatricia Pereira
Centro de Memoria, Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Ramiro Barcellos 2600, Anexo, Porto Alegre, 90035 003, RS, Brazil
Neurochem Res 32:1150-5. 2007..Previous work showed that intra-hippocampal infusion of the Src-PTK inhibitor radicicol inhibits memory acquisition, consolidation, and retrieval of one-trial step-down inhibitory ..
- Lipopolysaccharide disrupts tight junctions in cholangiocyte monolayers by a c-Src-, TLR4-, and LBP-dependent mechanismP Sheth
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G308-18. 2007..Reduced expression of c-Src, TLR4, or LBP by specific small interfering RNA attenuated lipopolysaccharide-induced permeability and ..
- Chronic nicotine-induced switch in Src-family kinase signaling for long-term potentiation induction in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cellsYoshihiko Yamazaki
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4550, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:3271-84. 2006Here, we show that chronic nicotine exposure induces changes in Src signaling for the modulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) function and LTP induction in CA1 pyramidal cells...
- The Rho-mDia1 pathway regulates cell polarity and focal adhesion turnover in migrating cells through mobilizing Apc and c-SrcNorikazu Yamana
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 26:6844-58. 2006..active Cdc42, which work together for cell polarization, localized in the front of migrating cells, while active c-Src, which regulates adhesion turnover, localized in focal adhesions...
- Increase in tyrosine phosphorylation of the NMDA receptor following the induction of status epilepticusJeanne Zhen Huo
Centre for the Neurobiology of Stress, Department of Life Sciences, University of Toronto at Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1C 1A4
Neurosci Lett 401:266-70. 2006..The onset of SE was accompanied by activation of Src-family tyrosine kinases and Pyk2 in the post-synaptic density, consistent with a role for these enzymes in SE-..
- Involvement of JAK2 and Src kinase tyrosine phosphorylation in human growth hormone-stimulated increases in cytosolic free Ca2+ and insulin secretionFan Zhang
Research Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm South Hospital, SE 11883 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C466-75. 2006..hGH caused tyrosine phosphorylation of Janus kinase (JAK)2 and c-Src, events inhibited by the JAK2 inhibitor AG490 or the Src kinase inhibitor PP2...
- Roles of c-Src in alpha1B-adrenoceptor phosphorylation and desensitizationR Alcántara-Hernández
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ap Postal 70 248, Mexico DF 04510
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 28:29-39. 20081 The role of the protein tyrosine kinase, c-Src, on the function and phosphorylation of alpha1B-adrenoceptors (alpha1B-AR) and their association with G-protein-coupled receptor kinase (GRK) isozymes was studied...
- L-DOPA treatment of parkinsonian rats changes the expression of Src, Lyn and PKC kinasesMaddalena Napolitano
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 398:211-4. 2006..denervation resulted in a progressive increase of contraversive circling behavior and modulated the expression of Src, Lyn and PKC kinases...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide 38-mediated Rin activation requires Src and contributes to the regulation of HSP27 signaling during neuronal differentiationGeng Xian Shi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 741 South Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:4940-51. 2008..Instead, Rin is activated in a Src kinase-dependent manner...
- P2Y12 receptor signalling towards PKB proceeds through IGF-I receptor cross-talk and requires activation of Src, Pyk2 and Rap1Kristof Van Kolen
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk Antwerpen, Belgium
Cell Signal 18:1169-81. 2006..Treatment of cells with the Ca2+ chelator BAPTA-AM and inhibition of Src and PLD2 with PP2 or 1-butanol, respectively, abrogated P2Y12 receptor-mediated activation of Rap1 and PKB...
- c-Src tyrosine kinase, a critical component for 5-HT2A receptor-mediated contraction in rat aortaRong Lu
Department of Anaesthesiology, Division of Molecular Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7115, USA
J Physiol 586:3855-69. 2008..We previously proposed that one signalling mechanism of 5-HT-induced vasoconstriction could be c-Src, a member of the Src tyrosine kinase family...
- Activation of Src tyrosine kinase in microglia in the rat hippocampus following transient forebrain ischemiaJeong Sun Choi
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Neurosci Lett 380:1-5. 2005To better understand the pathophysiological role of Src protein, a non-receptor protein tyrosine kinase of 60kDa, in the ischemic brain, we investigated the time course and regional distribution of active Src expression by using a ..
- Requirement of inducible nitric-oxide synthase in lipopolysaccharide-mediated Src induction and macrophage migrationMing Chei Maa
Institute of Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402
J Biol Chem 283:31408-16. 2008Previously, we have demonstrated the induction of Src in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated macrophages...
- Annexin 2 has a dual role as regulator and effector of v-Src in cell transformationMatthew J Hayes
Division of Cell Biology, University College London Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:10202-10. 2009Cell transformation by v-Src involves rearrangement of the actin cytoskeleton, disassembly of focal adhesions, and the development of anchorage-independent growth...
- Chemokines, nitric oxide, and myocardial depressionBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will further our knowledge of chemokine biology and lead to new therapeutic strategies to prevent or treat myocardial dysfunction in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Thrombin-Stimulated Intrauterine Signaling PathwayMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are anticipated to significantly improve our understanding of the mechanisms underlying preterm labor in the presence of intrauterine infection. ..
- Mechanism of Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the first specific aim, we plan to investigate the Src tyrosine kinase as a candidate signaling molecule that regulates PI 3-K and Akt activity as well as mesangial cell ..
- The role of interleukin-18 in myocardial hypertrophy and failureBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2009..The primary goal of this proposal is to better understand the role of inflammatory cytokines, interleukin-18 in particular, in myocardial hypertrophy and its transition to failure. ..
- PHOSPHORYLATION IN RENAL CELL INJURYGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will identify important signaling mechanisms involved in glomerular pathology and help to establish effective therapeutic modalities for treatment of proliferative forms of GN. ..
- PI/PLC FUNCTION IN PREGNANT RAT MYOMETRIUMMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2002..s. ..
- Mechanism of Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results obtained from these experiments will help designing drugs targeting fibrosis, which constitutes the pathology of diabetic nephropathy. ..