Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sptbn4
Description: spectrin, beta, non-erythrocytic 4
Alias: Spnb4, spectrin beta chain, non-erythrocytic 4, spectrin beta 4, spectrin beta chain, brain 3
- Gumy L, Katrukha E, Grigoriev I, Jaarsma D, Kapitein L, Akhmanova A, et al. MAP2 Defines a Pre-axonal Filtering Zone to Regulate KIF1- versus KIF5-Dependent Cargo Transport in Sensory Neurons. Neuron. 2017;94:347-362.e7 pubmed publisher..We propose that selective axonal cargo trafficking requires the MAP2-defined pre-axonal filtering zone and the ability of cargos to switch between distinct kinesin motor activities. ..
- Uemoto Y, Suzuki S, Terada N, Ohno N, Ohno S, Yamanaka S, et al. Specific role of the truncated betaIV-spectrin Sigma6 in sodium channel clustering at axon initial segments and nodes of ranvier. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:6548-55 pubmed..We conclude that the truncated betaIV-spectrin isoform Sigma6 plays a specific role in clustering voltage-gated sodium channels, whereas it is dispensable for membrane stabilization at axon initial segments and nodes of Ranvier. ..
- Glynn P, Musa H, Wu X, Unudurthi S, Little S, Qian L, et al. Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel Phosphorylation at Ser571 Regulates Late Current, Arrhythmia, and Cardiac Function In Vivo. Circulation. 2015;132:567-77 pubmed publisher..Relevant for improved rational design of potential therapies, our findings demonstrate that Ser571-dependent regulation of Nav1.5 specifically tunes INa,L without altering critical physiological components of the current. ..
- Sohn P, Tracy T, Son H, Zhou Y, Leite R, Miller B, et al. Acetylated tau destabilizes the cytoskeleton in the axon initial segment and is mislocalized to the somatodendritic compartment. Mol Neurodegener. 2016;11:47 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that tau acetylation contributes to the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disease by compromising the cytoskeletal sorting machinery in the AIS. ..
- Feinberg K, Eshed Eisenbach Y, Frechter S, Amor V, Salomon D, Sabanay H, et al. A glial signal consisting of gliomedin and NrCAM clusters axonal Na+ channels during the formation of nodes of Ranvier. Neuron. 2010;65:490-502 pubmed publisher..Together, these two cooperating mechanisms ensure fast and efficient conduction in myelinated nerves. ..