Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sptbn1
Description: spectrin, beta, non-erythrocytic 1
Alias: Spnb1, Spnb2, spectrin beta chain, non-erythrocytic 1, bSPII-, beta II spectrin-like (short form), cytoskeleton protein, non-erythroid spectrin beta, short form of beta II spectrin, spectrin beta 2, spectrin beta chain, brain 1
- Page L, Sowerby P, Lui W, Robinson M. Gamma-synergin: an EH domain-containing protein that interacts with gamma-adaptin. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:993-1004 pubmed..The presence of an EH domain suggests that gamma-synergin links the AP-1 complex to another protein or proteins. ..
- Lencesova L, O Neill A, Resneck W, Bloch R, Blaustein M. Plasma membrane-cytoskeleton-endoplasmic reticulum complexes in neurons and astrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2885-93 pubmed..These PM and ER components appear to be linked through the cytoskeletal spectrin network, to which they are probably tethered by Ank 2. ..
- Lehtonen S, Lehtonen E, Kudlicka K, Holthofer H, Farquhar M. Nephrin forms a complex with adherens junction proteins and CASK in podocytes and in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells expressing nephrin. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:923-36 pubmed
- Cifuentes Diaz C, Chareyre F, Garcia M, Devaux J, Carnaud M, Levasseur G, et al. Protein 4.1B contributes to the organization of peripheral myelinated axons. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25043 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results show that in myelinated axons 4.1B contributes to the stabilization of membrane proteins at paranodes, to the clustering of juxtaparanodal proteins, and to the regulation of the internodal axon caliber. ..
- Xu K, Zhong G, Zhuang X. Actin, spectrin, and associated proteins form a periodic cytoskeletal structure in axons. Science. 2013;339:452-6 pubmed publisher..Sodium channels in axons were distributed in a periodic pattern coordinated with the underlying actin-spectrin-based cytoskeleton. ..