Genomes and Genes
sorting nexin 1
Gene Symbol: sorting nexin 1
Description: sorting nexin 1
Alias: sorting nexin-1
Products: sorting nexin 1
- Piek E, Van Dinther M, Parks W, Sallee J, Bottinger E, Roberts A, et al. RLP, a novel Ras-like protein, is an immediate-early transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) target gene that negatively regulates transcriptional activity induced by TGF-beta. Biochem J. 2004;383:187-99 pubmed
- Gallon M, Cullen P. Retromer and sorting nexins in endosomal sorting. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:33-47 pubmed publisher..Retromer function is reliant on a number of proteins from the SNX family. In the present article, we discuss this inter-relationship and how defects in retromer function are increasingly being linked with human disease. ..
- Haft C, de la Luz Sierra M, Barr V, Haft D, Taylor S. Identification of a family of sorting nexin molecules and characterization of their association with receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:7278-87 pubmedb>Sorting nexin 1 (SNX1) is a protein that binds to the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor and is proposed to play a role in directing EGF receptors to lysosomes for degradation (R. C. Kurten, D. L. Cadena, and G. N...
- Simpson F, Martin S, Evans T, Kerr M, James D, Parton R, et al. A novel hook-related protein family and the characterization of hook-related protein 1. Traffic. 2005;6:442-58 pubmed..We propose that HkRP1 is involved in the process of tubulation of sorting nexin-1 positive membranes from early endosome subdomains. ..
- Chin L, Raynor M, Wei X, Chen H, Li L. Hrs interacts with sorting nexin 1 and regulates degradation of epidermal growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7069-78 pubmed..Here, we report that Hrs interacts with sorting nexin 1 (SNX1), a recently identified mammalian homologue of yeast Vps5p that recognizes the lysosomal targeting code ..
- Parks W, Frank D, Huff C, Renfrew Haft C, Martin J, Meng X, et al. Sorting nexin 6, a novel SNX, interacts with the transforming growth factor-beta family of receptor serine-threonine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19332-9 pubmed..These findings are the first evidence for the association of the SNX family of molecules with receptor serine-threonine kinases. ..
- van Weering J, Sessions R, Traer C, Kloer D, Bhatia V, Stamou D, et al. Molecular basis for SNX-BAR-mediated assembly of distinct endosomal sorting tubules. EMBO J. 2012;31:4466-80 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into the molecular mechanism that generates and organizes the tubular endosomal network...
- Fukaya M, Fukushima D, Hara Y, Sakagami H. EFA6A, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Arf6, interacts with sorting nexin-1 and regulates neurite outgrowth. J Neurochem. 2014;129:21-36 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest a novel mechanism by which EFA6A regulates Arf6-mediated neurite formation through the interaction with SNX1. ..