Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sorbs1
Description: sorbin and SH3 domain containing 1
Alias: CAP, SH3P12, sorbin and SH3 domain-containing protein 1, Cbl associated protein, ponsin
- Xie J, Cai T, Zhang H, Lan M, Notkins A. The zinc-finger transcription factor INSM1 is expressed during embryo development and interacts with the Cbl-associated protein. Genomics. 2002;80:54-61 pubmed..that interacted with INSM1 by the yeast two-hybrid system and the binding of one of them, Cbl-associated protein (CAP), to INSM1 was confirmed by in vitro pull-down experiments, nuclear colocalization, and co-immunoprecipitation ..
- Lesniewski L, Hosch S, Neels J, De Luca C, Pashmforoush M, Lumeng C, et al. Bone marrow-specific Cap gene deletion protects against high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance. Nat Med. 2007;13:455-62 pubmed..positive role of Cap in glucose uptake, here we show that deletion of the gene encoding Cap (official gene name: Sorbs1) protects against high-fat diet (HFD)-induced insulin resistance in mice while also having an opposite, insulin-..
- Lin W, Chiu K, Chang H, Lee K, Tai T, Chuang L. Molecular scanning of the human sorbin and SH3-domain-containing-1 (SORBS1) gene: positive association of the T228A polymorphism with obesity and type 2 diabetes. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1753-60 pubmedIn the mouse, the SH3P12 or the c-Cbl-associated protein (CAP) has been shown as an important signaling molecule in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake...
- Satoh T. Rho GTPases in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake. Small Gtpases. 2014;5:e28102 pubmed publisher..In addition, the role for another Rho family member TC10 and its regulatory mechanism in adipocyte insulin signaling are described. ..
- Lebre A, Jamot L, Takahashi J, Spassky N, Leprince C, Ravise N, et al. Ataxin-7 interacts with a Cbl-associated protein that it recruits into neuronal intranuclear inclusions. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1201-13 pubmed..R85 and CAP are generated by alternative splicing of the gene SH3P12 which we localized on chromosome 10q23-q24...
- Tosoni D, Cestra G. CAP (Cbl associated protein) regulates receptor-mediated endocytosis. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:293-300 pubmed publisherCAP (c-Cbl associated protein)/ponsin belongs to a family of adaptor proteins implicated in cell adhesion and signaling. Here we show that CAP binds to and co-localizes with the essential endocytic factor dynamin...