Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Snx3
Description: sorting nexin 3
Alias: sorting nexin-3
- Parks W, Frank D, Huff C, Renfrew Haft C, Martin J, Meng X, et al. Sorting nexin 6, a novel SNX, interacts with the transforming growth factor-beta family of receptor serine-threonine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19332-9 pubmed..These findings are the first evidence for the association of the SNX family of molecules with receptor serine-threonine kinases. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..We have found that the unrelated sorting nexin, SNX3, has an evolutionarily conserved function in Wls recycling and Wnt secretion and show that SNX3 interacts directly ..
- Dong H, Yuan H, Jin W, Shen Y, Xu X, Wang H. Involvement of beta3A subunit of adaptor protein-3 in intracellular trafficking of receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase PCP-2. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:540-6 pubmed..assay with the juxtamembrane and membrane-proximal catalytic domain of PCP-2 as "bait" Both AP-3 and SNX3 are molecules involved in intracellular trafficking of membrane receptors...
- Mizutani R, Yamauchi J, Kusakawa S, Nakamura K, Sanbe A, Torii T, et al. Sorting nexin 3, a protein upregulated by lithium, contains a novel phosphatidylinositol-binding sequence and mediates neurite outgrowth in N1E-115 cells. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1586-94 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that lithium upregulates the expression of sorting nexin 3 (SNX3), one of the Phox (PX) domain-containing proteins involved in endosomal sorting, and regulates neurite ..
- Gallon M, Cullen P. Retromer and sorting nexins in endosomal sorting. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:33-47 pubmed publisher..Retromer function is reliant on a number of proteins from the SNX family. In the present article, we discuss this inter-relationship and how defects in retromer function are increasingly being linked with human disease. ..