Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Snap23
Description: synaptosome associated protein 23
Alias: synaptosomal-associated protein 23, SNAP-23, synaptosomal-associated protein, 23 kD, vesicle-membrane fusion protein SNAP-23
- Boone M, Deen P. Physiology and pathophysiology of the vasopressin-regulated renal water reabsorption. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:1005-24 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on our recent increase in understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying AVP-regulated renal water transport in both health and disease. ..
- Mistry A, Mallick R, Klein J, Weimbs T, Sands J, Fröhlich O. Syntaxin specificity of aquaporins in the inner medullary collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F292-300 pubmed publisher..In pull-down studies, snapin detected AQP2, syntaxin-3, syntaxin-4, and SNAP23 from the inner medullary collecting duct...
- Wang P, Chintagari N, Gou D, Su L, Liu L. Physical and functional interactions of SNAP-23 with annexin A2. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:467-76 pubmed..These data suggest that annexin A2 and SNAP-23 are involved in the same pathway in the regulation of lung surfactant secretion. ..
- Greaves J, Gorleku O, Salaun C, Chamberlain L. Palmitoylation of the SNAP25 protein family: specificity and regulation by DHHC palmitoyl transferases. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24629-38 pubmed publisher..b>SNAP23 is 60% identical to SNAP25 and has a distinct cysteine-rich domain to both SNAP25a and SNAP25b...
- Gu Y, Chiu S, Liu B, Wu P, Delannoy M, Lin D, et al. Differential vesicular sorting of AMPA and GABAA receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E922-31 pubmed publisher..of AMPA receptors requires SNAP25-syntaxin1A/B-VAMP2 complexes, whereas insertion of GABAA receptors relies on SNAP23-syntaxin1A/B-VAMP2 complexes...
- Sakiyama H, Tadokoro S, Nakanishi M, Hirashima N. Membrane fusion between liposomes containing SNARE proteins involved in mast cell exocytosis. Inflamm Res. 2009;58:139-42 pubmed publisher..associated membrane protein (VAMP) -7 or -8 and liposomes containing synaptosomal-associated protein 23 kDa (SNAP23) and syntaxin-3 or -4 was monitored by fluorescence resonance energy transfer...
- Salinas E, Quintanar Stephano A, Córdova L, Ouintanar J. Allergen-sensitization increases mast-cell expression of the exocytotic proteins SNAP-23 and syntaxin 4, which are involved in histamine secretion. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2008;18:366-71 pubmed..Sensitization with OVA increases the expression of SNAP-23 and syntaxin 4 in MCs. Furthermore, our data suggest that these exocytotic proteins participate in histamine secretion. ..
- Mandolesi G, Vanni V, Cesa R, Grasselli G, Puglisi F, Cesare P, et al. Distribution of the SNAP25 and SNAP23 synaptosomal-associated protein isoforms in rat cerebellar cortex. Neuroscience. 2009;164:1084-96 pubmed publisher..We extended our analysis to the SNAP23 homolog; this is expressed at different levels in both gamma-aminobutyric acid-containing terminals (GABAergic) ..
- Suh Y, Terashima A, Petralia R, Wenthold R, Isaac J, Roche K, et al. A neuronal role for SNAP-23 in postsynaptic glutamate receptor trafficking. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:338-43 pubmed publisher..SNAP-23 is therefore important for the functional regulation of postsynaptic glutamate receptors. ..
- Takuma T, Shitara A, Arakawa T, Okayama M, Mizoguchi I, Tajima Y. Isoproterenol stimulates transient SNAP23-VAMP2 interaction in rat parotid glands. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:583-9 pubmed publisher..When SNARE complexes were immunoprecipitated by anti-SNAP23, the coprecipitation of VAMP2 was significantly increased in response to ISO and/or CyD, although the ..
- Okamoto M, Schoch S, Sudhof T. EHSH1/intersectin, a protein that contains EH and SH3 domains and binds to dynamin and SNAP-25. A protein connection between exocytosis and endocytosis?. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18446-54 pubmed..The ability of multiple SH3 domains in EHSH1 to bind to dynamin suggests that EHSH1 can cluster several dynamin molecules in a manner that is regulated by alternative splicing. ..
- Logan M, Lacy P, Odemuyiwa S, Steward M, Davoine F, Kita H, et al. A critical role for vesicle-associated membrane protein-7 in exocytosis from human eosinophils and neutrophils. Allergy. 2006;61:777-84 pubmed..Our observations indicate for the first time a critical role for VAMP-7 in both eosinophil and neutrophil mediator release. ..
- Salaun C, Gould G, Chamberlain L. The SNARE proteins SNAP-25 and SNAP-23 display different affinities for lipid rafts in PC12 cells. Regulation by distinct cysteine-rich domains. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1236-40 pubmed..These different raft-targeting signals within SNAP-25 and SNAP-23 are likely important for fine-tuning the exocytic pathways in which these proteins operate. ..
- Larance M, Ramm G, James D. The GLUT4 code. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:226-33 pubmed..Many are now taking on this challenge. ..
- Hepp R, Puri N, Hohenstein A, Crawford G, Whiteheart S, Roche P. Phosphorylation of SNAP-23 regulates exocytosis from mast cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6610-20 pubmed
- Kwong J, Roundabush F, Hutton Moore P, Montague M, Oldham W, Li Y, et al. Hrs interacts with SNAP-25 and regulates Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 12):2273-84 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of Hrs in PC12 cells inhibits Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis. These results suggest that Hrs is involved in regulation of neurosecretion through interaction with SNAP-25. ..
- Weber P, Batoulis H, Rink K, Dahlhoff S, Pinkwart K, Sollner T, et al. Electrostatic anchoring precedes stable membrane attachment of SNAP25/SNAP23 to the plasma membrane. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherThe SNAREs SNAP25 and SNAP23 are proteins that are initially cytosolic after translation, but then become stably attached to the cell membrane through palmitoylation of cysteine residues...
- Rao S, Huynh C, Proux Gillardeaux V, Galli T, Andrews N. Identification of SNAREs involved in synaptotagmin VII-regulated lysosomal exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20471-9 pubmed
- Fournier K, Robinson M. A dominant-negative variant of SNAP-23 decreases the cell surface expression of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1 by slowing constitutive delivery. Neurochem Int. 2006;48:596-603 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that syntaxin 1A is not required for EAAC1 trafficking and provide evidence that SNAP-23 is required for constitutive recycling of EAAC1. ..
- Gerelsaikhan T, Vasa P, Chander A. Annexin A7 and SNAP23 interactions in alveolar type II cells and in vitro: a role for Ca(2+) and PKC. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1796-806 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated in vivo and in vitro interactions of A7 with the t-SNARE protein, SNAP23. Immuno-fluorescence studies showed time-dependent increases in co-localization of A7 with SNAP23 in PMA- and in ..
- Tsujimoto S, Pelto Huikko M, Aitola M, Meister B, Vik Mo E, Davanger S, et al. The cellular and developmental expression of hrs-2 in rat. Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:3047-63 pubmed..The wide distribution, the interaction with SNAP-23 and the localization on multivesicular body membranes suggest a general role for hrs-2 in cellular machinery. ..
- St Denis J, Cabaniols J, Cushman S, Roche P. SNAP-23 participates in SNARE complex assembly in rat adipose cells. Biochem J. 1999;338 ( Pt 3):709-15 pubmed
- Lin M, Jiang M, Ding F, Cao Z. Syntaxin-4 and SNAP23 act as exocytic SNAREs to release NGF from cultured Schwann cells. Neurosci Lett. 2017;653:97-104 pubmed publisher..We found that Syntaxin-4 and SNAP23 were co-localized with NGF by immunocytochemistry...