Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slco1a2
Description: solute carrier organic anion transporter family, member 1A2
Alias: Oatp2, Slc21a5, Slco1a4, solute carrier organic anion transporter family member 1A4, OATP-B1, brain digoxin carrier protein, brain-specific organic anion transporter, organic anion transporter 2, sodium-independent organic anion-transporting polypeptide 2, solute carrier family 21 (organic anion transporter), member 5, solute carrier family 21 member 5, solute carrier organic anion transporter family, member 1a4
- Harati R, Benech H, Villegier A, Mabondzo A. P-glycoprotein, breast cancer resistance protein, Organic Anion Transporter 3, and Transporting Peptide 1a4 during blood-brain barrier maturation: involvement of Wnt/?-catenin and endothelin-1 signaling. Mol Pharm. 2013;10:1566-80 pubmed publisher..These findings shed light on the role of an interaction between ?-catenin and endothelin-1 signaling in the regulation of these transporters at the BBB...
- Guo Y, Jiang L. Drug transporters are altered in brain, liver and kidney of rats with chronic epilepsy induced by lithium-pilocarpine. Neurol Res. 2010;32:106-12 pubmed publisher..Another transmembrane drug transporter is the organic anion transporting polypeptide 2 (Oatp2), which is colocalized with P-gp in many polarized tissues...
- van Montfoort J, Schmid T, Adler I, Meier P, Hagenbuch B. Functional characterization of the mouse organic-anion-transporting polypeptide 2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1564:183-8 pubmed..Northern blot analysis demonstrated a predominant expression in the liver with additional signals in kidney and brain. Using fluorescence in situ hybridization, the Oatp2 gene (gene symbol Slc21a5) was mapped to chromosome 6G1-G3.
- Shih D, Bussen M, Sehayek E, Ananthanarayanan M, Shneider B, Suchy F, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha is an essential regulator of bile acid and plasma cholesterol metabolism. Nat Genet. 2001;27:375-82 pubmed..Tcf1-/- liver has decreased expression of the basolateral membrane bile acid transporters Slc10a1, Slc21a3 and Slc21a5, leading to impaired portal bile acid uptake and elevated plasma bile acid concentrations...
- Sakamoto K, Mikami H, Kimura J. Involvement of organic anion transporting polypeptides in the toxicity of hydrophilic pravastatin and lipophilic fluvastatin in rat skeletal myofibres. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;154:1482-90 pubmed publisher..This is probably why hydrophilic pravastatin affects skeletal muscle, but not skeletal myoblasts. ..
- Ohtsuki S, Ito S, Matsuda A, Hori S, Abe T, Terasaki T. Brain-to-blood elimination of 24S-hydroxycholesterol from rat brain is mediated by organic anion transporting polypeptide 2 (oatp2) at the blood-brain barrier. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1430-8 pubmed..Pre-administration of digoxin completely inhibited the elimination. Xenopus laevis oocytes expressing rat oatp2 exhibited significant transport of [(3)H]24S-OH-chol, and this was inhibited by unlabeled 24S-OH-chol and digoxin, ..
- Thiebaud N, Menetrier F, Belloir C, Minn A, Neiers F, Artur Y, et al. Expression and differential localization of xenobiotic transporters in the rat olfactory neuro-epithelium. Neurosci Lett. 2011;505:180-5 pubmed publisher..The pattern of expression and the distinct localization of the olfactory transporters showed in this work may highlight on their specific function in the whole olfactory epithelium...
- Meng L, Wang P, Wolkoff A, Kim R, Tirona R, Hofmann A, et al. Transport of the sulfated, amidated bile acid, sulfolithocholyltaurine, into rat hepatocytes is mediated by Oatp1 and Oatp2. Hepatology. 2002;35:1031-40 pubmed..63 and 10.3 micromol/L for BSP. In expression systems, SLCT was taken up by Oatp1 and Oatp2 expressed in HeLa cells with similar K(m) values (12.6 +/- 6.2 and 14.6 +/- 1.9 micromol/L)...
- Noe B, Hagenbuch B, Stieger B, Meier P. Isolation of a multispecific organic anion and cardiac glycoside transporter from rat brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:10346-50 pubmedA novel multispecific organic anion transporting polypeptide (oatp2) has been isolated from rat brain. The cloned cDNA contains 3,640 bp. The coding region extends over 1,983 nucleotides, thus encoding a polypeptide of 661 amino acids...