Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc6a11
Description: solute carrier family 6 member 11
Alias: Gabt4, Gat3, sodium- and chloride-dependent GABA transporter 3, GABA transporter GAT-3, GAT-3, solute carrier family 6 (neurotransmitter transporter), member 11, solute carrier family 6 (neurotransmitter transporter, GABA), member 11
- Sharopov S, Chen R, Sun H, Kolbaev S, Kirischuk S, Luhmann H, et al. Inhibition of different GABA transporter systems is required to attenuate epileptiform activity in the CA3 region of the immature rat hippocampus. Epilepsy Res. 2014;108:182-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude from these results that both GAT-1 and GAT-2/3 act synergistically to regulate the excitability in the immature hippocampus. ..
- Fletcher E, Clark M, Furness J. Neuronal and glial localization of GABA transporter immunoreactivity in the myenteric plexus. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;308:339-46 pubmed..In the rat central nervous system, three GABA transporters, GAT1, GAT2 and GAT3, have been cloned and localized by immunohistochemistry...
- Vitellaro Zuccarello L, Calvaresi N, De Biasi S. Expression of GABA transporters, GAT-1 and GAT-3, in the cerebral cortex and thalamus of the rat during postnatal development. Cell Tissue Res. 2003;313:245-57 pubmed
- Ueda Y, Doi T, Nagatomo K, Tokumaru J, Takaki M, Willmore L. Effect of levetiracetam on molecular regulation of hippocampal glutamate and GABA transporters in rats with chronic seizures induced by amygdalar FeCl3 injection. Brain Res. 2007;1151:55-61 pubmed..These observations together demonstrated the critical molecular mechanism of the anti-epileptic activity of LEV. ..
- Minelli A, Barbaresi P, Conti F. Postnatal development of high-affinity plasma membrane GABA transporters GAT-2 and GAT-3 in the rat cerebral cortex. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2003;142:7-18 pubmed
- KersantÃ© F, Rowley S, Pavlov I, GutiÃ¨rrez Mecinas M, Semyanov A, Reul J, et al. A functional role for both -aminobutyric acid (GABA) transporter-1 and GABA transporter-3 in the modulation of extracellular GABA and GABAergic tonic conductances in the rat hippocampus. J Physiol. 2013;591:2429-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, astrocytic GAT-3 contributes to the regulation of e[GABA] in the hippocampus in vivo and may play an important role in controlling the excitability of hippocampal cells when network activity is increased. ..