Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc4a2
Description: solute carrier family 4 member 2
Alias: Ae2, Aep2, anion exchange protein 2, AE 2, AE2 Cl-/HCO3-exchanger, variant AE2b, B3RP-2, Solute carrier family 4, member 2, anion exchange protein 2, anion exchanger 2, band 3-related protein 2, non-erythroid band 3-like protein, solute carrier family 4 (anion exchanger), member 2
- Frische S, Zolotarev A, Kim Y, Praetorius J, Alper S, Nielsen S, et al. AE2 isoforms in rat kidney: immunohistochemical localization and regulation in response to chronic NH4Cl loading. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F1163-70 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to describe the segmental and cellular distribution of the AE2 isoforms in the rat kidney and to evaluate whether the expression levels of these AE2 isoforms are regulated ..
- Chow A, Zhou W, Jacobson R. Regulation of AE2 Cl-/HCO3- exchanger during intestinal development. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:G330-7 pubmedThe Na(+)-independent Cl-/HCO3- exchangers in many tissues are encoded by AE2, which is a member of the anion-exchanger (AE) gene family. Molecular regulation of AE2 remains mostly unknown...
- Wang W, Ren X, Cai Y, Chen L, Zhang W, Xu J. Rifampicin Induces Bicarbonate-Rich Choleresis in Rats: Involvement of Anion Exchanger 2. Dig Dis Sci. 2016;61:126-36 pubmed publisher..After rifampicin treatment, the expression level of anion exchanger 2 (AE2) increased, while the location of hepatic transporters did not change...
- Morgan P, Pastorekova S, Stuart Tilley A, Alper S, Casey J. Interactions of transmembrane carbonic anhydrase, CAIX, with bicarbonate transporters. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C738-48 pubmed..HEK293 cells the functional and physical interactions between CAIX and the parietal cell Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger AE2 or the putative Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger SLC26A7...
- Ogata T. Bicarbonate secretion by rat bile duct brush cells indicated by immunohistochemical localization of CFTR, anion exchanger AE2, Na+/HCO3 -cotransporter, carbonic anhydrase II, Na+/H+ exchangers NHE1 and NHE3, H+/K+-ATPase, and Na+/K+-ATPase. Med Mol Morphol. 2006;39:44-8 pubmed..exchange reaction, cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) and Cl(-)/HCO(3) (-) exchanger (AE2), was found on the microvilli (MV) and along the basolateral membrane (BLM) of BCs...
- Simon J, Deshmukh G, Couch F, Merajver S, Weber B, Van Vooren P, et al. Chromosomal mapping of the rat Slc4a family of anion exchanger genes, Ae1, Ae2, and Ae3. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:380-2 pubmed
- Aranda V, Martinez I, Melero S, Lecanda J, Banales J, Prieto J, et al. Shared apical sorting of anion exchanger isoforms AE2a, AE2b1, and AE2b2 in primary hepatocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:1040-6 pubmedAE2 (SLC4A2) is the member of the Na(+)-independent anion exchanger (AE) family putatively involved in the secretion of bicarbonate to bile...
- Praetorius J, Nejsum L, Nielsen S. A SCL4A10 gene product maps selectively to the basolateral plasma membrane of choroid plexus epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;286:C601-10 pubmed
- Roussa E, Romero M, Schmitt B, Boron W, Alper S, Thevenod F. Immunolocalization of anion exchanger AE2 and Na(+)-HCO(-)(3) cotransporter in rat parotid and submandibular glands. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:G1288-96 pubmed..We investigated localization of Cl(-)/HCO(-)(3) exchanger isoform AE2 and of Na(+)-HCO(-)(3) cotransporter (NBC) in rat parotid gland (PAR) and submandibular gland (SMG) by immunoblot ..
- Wang W, Praetorius J, Li C, Praetorius H, Kwon T, Frøkiaer J, et al. Vacuolar H+-ATPase expression is increased in acid-secreting intercalated cells in kidneys of rats with hypercalcaemia-induced alkalosis. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2007;189:359-68 pubmed..In contrast, electroneutral Na(+)-HCO cotransporter NBCn1 and Cl(-)/HCO anion exchanger AE2 expression was markedly reduced in the inner stripe of the outer medulla (to 26 +/- 9% and 65 +/- 6%, respectively)...
- Kudrycki K, Newman P, Shull G. cDNA cloning and tissue distribution of mRNAs for two proteins that are related to the band 3 Cl-/HCO3- exchanger. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:462-71 pubmed..Band 3 mRNAs were observed in many tissues but high levels of expression occurred only in spleen and kidney. Five Band 3 transcripts, ranging in size from 3.6 to 4.9 kilobases, were detected, including three that are expressed in heart. ..
- Stewart A, Kurschat C, Vaughan Jones R, Shmukler B, Alper S. Acute regulation of mouse AE2 anion exchanger requires isoform-specific amino acid residues from most of the transmembrane domain. J Physiol. 2007;584:59-73 pubmedThe widely expressed anion exchanger polypeptide AE2/SLC4A2 is acutely inhibited by acidic intracellular (pH(i)), by acidic extracellular pH (pH(o)), and by the calmodulin inhibitor, calmidazolium, whereas it is acutely activated by NH(4)(..
- Kao L, Kurtz L, Shao X, Papadopoulos M, Liu L, Bok D, et al. Severe neurologic impairment in mice with targeted disruption of the electrogenic sodium bicarbonate cotransporter NBCe2 (Slc4a5 gene). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32563-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first demonstration of the fundamental importance of NBCe2 in the biology of the nervous system. ..
- Loqman M, Bush P, Farquharson C, Hall A. Suppression of mammalian bone growth by membrane transport inhibitors. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:658-68 pubmed publisher..We investigated the role of the Na(+)/H(+) antiporter (NHE1) and anion exchanger (AE2) in bone lengthening and GP chondrocyte hypertrophy in Sprague-Dawley 7-day-old rat (P7) bone rudiments using the ..
- Bernardino R, Martins A, Socorro S, Alves M, Oliveira P. Effect of prediabetes on membrane bicarbonate transporters in testis and epididymis. J Membr Biol. 2013;246:877-83 pubmed publisher..Herein, we analyzed protein and mRNA levels of the most relevant HCO?? transporters of the SLC4 family [anion exchanger 2 (AE2), Na?-driven Cl?/HCO?? exchanger (NDCBE), electrogenic Na?/HCO?? cotransporter 1 (NBCe1), ..