Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc34a2
Description: solute carrier family 34 member 2
Alias: sodium-dependent phosphate transport protein 2B, Na(+)-dependent phosphate cotransporter 2B, Na(+)/Pi cotransporter 2B, naPi-2b, rNaPi IIb, sodium-phosphate transport protein 2B, sodium/phosphate cotransporter 2B, solute carrier family 34 (sodium phosphate), member 2, solute carrier family 34 (type II sodium/phosphate contransporter), member 2, solute carrier family 34 (type II sodium/phosphate cotransporter), member 2, type IIb sodium-phosphate transporter
- Homann V, Rosin Steiner S, Stratmann T, Arnold W, Gaengler P, Kinne R. Sodium-phosphate cotransporter in human salivary glands: molecular evidence for the involvement of NPT2b in acinar phosphate secretion and ductal phosphate reabsorption. Arch Oral Biol. 2005;50:759-68 pubmed..These findings suggest a secondary active secretion of phosphate into the primary saliva. Ductal cells appear to be able to reabsorb phosphate, thereby modifying the phosphate concentration in the final saliva. ..
- Ratcliffe S, Jugdaohsingh R, Vivancos J, Marron A, Deshmukh R, Ma J, et al. Identification of a mammalian silicon transporter. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C550-C561 pubmed publisher..Here we report the identification of a mammalian efflux Si transporter, namely Slc34a2 (also termed NaPiIIb), a known sodium-phosphate cotransporter, which was upregulated in rat kidney following ..
- McHaffie G, Graham C, Kohl B, Strunck Warnecke U, Werner A. The role of an intracellular cysteine stretch in the sorting of the type II Na/phosphate cotransporter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1768:2099-106 pubmed..Our results suggest that the modified cysteine motif prevents the constructs from basolateral sorting. Additional sorting determinants located downstream of the cysteine stretch may release the cargo to the apical compartment. ..
- Arima K, Hines E, Kiela P, Drees J, Collins J, Ghishan F. Glucocorticoid regulation and glycosylation of mouse intestinal type IIb Na-P(i) cotransporter during ontogeny. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G426-34 pubmed..We also demonstrate that Na-P(i)-IIb is an N-linked glycoprotein and that glycosylation is age dependent. ..
- Hashimoto M, Wang D, Kamo T, Zhu Y, Tsujiuchi T, Konishi Y, et al. Isolation and localization of type IIb Na/Pi cotransporter in the developing rat lung. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:21-7 pubmed..probed with HG80 was the rat counterpart of sodium-dependent phosphate transporter type IIb and was designated rNaPi IIb. In situ hybridization showed that rNaPi IIb was expressed in type II alveolar cells, suggesting a role in the ..
- Xu H, Bai L, Collins J, Ghishan F. Molecular cloning, functional characterization, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of a human, small intestinal sodium-phosphate (Na+-Pi) transporter (SLC34A2). Genomics. 1999;62:281-4 pubmed..We have isolated a cDNA (HGMW-approved symbol SLC34A2) encoding a novel human small intestinal Na(+)-P(i) transporter...
- Feild J, Zhang L, Brun K, Brooks D, Edwards R. Cloning and functional characterization of a sodium-dependent phosphate transporter expressed in human lung and small intestine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;258:578-82 pubmed..This novel transporter, designated human NaPi-3b (Genbank AF111856), appears to be an isoform of the mammalian renal type II co-transporter family. ..
- Xu H, Uno J, Inouye M, Xu L, Drees J, Collins J, et al. Regulation of intestinal NaPi-IIb cotransporter gene expression by estrogen. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;285:G1317-24 pubmed..This stimulation is associated with increased NaPi-IIb mRNA and protein expression. Thus the effect of estrogen on intestinal Pi absorption may be partially due to activation of NaPi-IIb gene transcription. ..
- Miyoshi K, Shillingford J, Smith G, Grimm S, Wagner K, Oka T, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat) 5 controls the proliferation and differentiation of mammary alveolar epithelium. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:531-42 pubmed..These data demonstrate that signaling via the PrlR and Stat5 is critical for the proliferation and differentiation of mammary alveoli during pregnancy. ..
- Prie D, Torres P, Friedlander G. Phosphate handling: new genes, new molecules. Horm Res Paediatr. 2011;76 Suppl 1:71-5 pubmed publisher..This progress may allow development of new drugs that interfere with phosphate transporters, hormonal receptors or associated proteins to improve treatment and to help prevent secondary hyperparathyroidism. ..
- Lundquist P, Murer H, Biber J. Type II Na+-Pi cotransporters in osteoblast mineral formation: regulation by inorganic phosphate. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;19:43-56 pubmed..Their expression thus seem regulated by phosphate in a manner consistent with their playing a role in transcellular P(i) flux during mineralization. ..
- Kirchner S, Muduli A, Casirola D, Prum K, Douard V, Ferraris R. Luminal fructose inhibits rat intestinal sodium-phosphate cotransporter gene expression and phosphate uptake. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87:1028-38 pubmed..Consumption of fructose that supplies approximately 10% of caloric intake by Americans clearly affects absorption of Pi and may promote Pi homeostasis in patients with impaired renal function. ..