Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc31a1
Description: solute carrier family 31 member 1
Alias: Ctr1, LRRGT00200, high affinity copper uptake protein 1, Copper uptake transporter 1, copper transporter 1, liver regeneration-related protein LRRGT00200, rCTR1, solute carrier family 31 (copper transporter), member 1, solute carrier family 31 (copper transporters), member 1
- Aller S, Unger V. Projection structure of the human copper transporter CTR1 at 6-A resolution reveals a compact trimer with a novel channel-like architecture. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3627-32 pubmedHuman CTR1 is a high-affinity copper transporter that also mediates the uptake of the anticancer drug cisplatin by largely unknown transport mechanisms...
- Liu J, Kim Y, Yan F, Ding Q, Ip V, Jong N, et al. Contributions of rat Ctr1 to the uptake and toxicity of copper and platinum anticancer drugs in dorsal root ganglion neurons. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:207-15 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to understand the role of copper transporter 1 (Ctr1) in the uptake and toxicity of copper and platinum drugs in cultured rat DRG neurons, and the ..
- Ciarimboli G. Membrane transporters as mediators of Cisplatin effects and side effects. Scientifica (Cairo). 2012;2012:473829 pubmed publisher..have been associated with cisplatin transport across the plasma membrane and across the cell: the copper transporter 1 (Ctr1), the copper transporter 2 (Ctr2), the P-type copper-transporting ATPases ATP7A and ATP7B, the ..
- Lee J, Petris M, Thiele D. Characterization of mouse embryonic cells deficient in the ctr1 high affinity copper transporter. Identification of a Ctr1-independent copper transport system. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40253-9 pubmed..Previously, we reported that overexpression of the human or mouse Ctr1 copper transporter stimulates copper uptake in mammalian cells, and deletion of one Ctr1 allele in mice gives rise ..
- Tokuda E, Okawa E, Ono S. Dysregulation of intracellular copper trafficking pathway in a mouse model of mutant copper/zinc superoxide dismutase-linked familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurochem. 2009;111:181-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the nature of mutant SOD1 toxicity might involve the dysregulation of the copper trafficking pathway, resulting in the disruption of intracellular copper homeostasis. ..
- Monnot A, Zheng G, Zheng W. Mechanism of copper transport at the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: influence of iron deficiency in an in vitro model. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:327-33 pubmed publisher..The effect of FeD on cellular Cu retention and transporters Cu transporter-1 (Ctr1), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), antioxidant protein-1 (ATOX1) and ATP7A was examined in choroidal epithelial ..
- Scheiber I, Mercer J, Dringen R. Copper accumulation by cultured astrocytes. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:451-60 pubmed publisher..The presence of mRNA and of immunoreactivity of the copper transport protein Ctr1 in astrocyte cultures suggests that Ctr1 contributes to the observed copper accumulation...
- Ip V, Liu J, Mercer J, McKeage M. Differential expression of ATP7A, ATP7B and CTR1 in adult rat dorsal root ganglion tissue. Mol Pain. 2010;6:53 pubmed publisherATP7A, ATP7B and CTR1 are metal transporting proteins that control the cellular disposition of copper and platinum drugs, but their expression in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) tissue and their role in platinum-induced neurotoxicity are ..
- Sancho Martínez S, Prieto García L, Prieto M, Lopez Novoa J, Lopez Hernandez F. Subcellular targets of cisplatin cytotoxicity: an integrated view. Pharmacol Ther. 2012;136:35-55 pubmed publisher..Perspectives for the key aspects that need to be addressed by future investigation are also outlined. ..