Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc30a1
Description: solute carrier family 30 member 1
Alias: zinc transporter 1, solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 1, znT-1
- Ni H, Jiang Y, Tao L, Jin M, Wu X. ZnT-1, ZnT-3, CaMK II, PRG-1 expressions in hippocampus following neonatal seizure-induced cognitive deficit in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2009;184:145-50 pubmed publisher..timing of cognitive dysfunction following neonatal seizures and the relation of this cognitive impairment to zinc transporter 1 (ZnT-1), 3 (ZnT-3), calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMK II), plasticity-related gene 1 (PRG-..
- McMahon R, Cousins R. Regulation of the zinc transporter ZnT-1 by dietary zinc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4841-6 pubmed
- Wang Y, Mei X, Zhang L, Lv G. The correlation among the dynamic change of Zn2+, ZnT-1, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor after acute spinal cord injury in rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011;143:351-8 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression of Zn(2+), zinc transporter 1 (ZnT-1), and BDNF, as well as their correlation in spinal cord-injured rats...
- Beharier O, Etzion Y, Levi S, Mor M, Mor M, Dror S, et al. The involvement of ZnT-1, a new modulator of cardiac L-type calcium channels, in [corrected] atrial tachycardia remodeling. [corrected]. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1188:87-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, in a pilot study, ZnT-1 expression was found to be augmented in the atria of AF patients. These findings position ZnT-1 as a probable missing link in the mechanism underlying atrial tachycardia remodeling. ..
- Ohana E, Sekler I, Kaisman T, Kahn N, Cove J, Silverman W, et al. Silencing of ZnT-1 expression enhances heavy metal influx and toxicity. J Mol Med (Berl). 2006;84:753-63 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that endogenously-expressed ZnT-1, by modulating LTCC, has a dual role: regulating calcium influx, and attenuating Cd(2+) and Zn(2+) permeation and toxicity in neurons and other cell types. ..
- Sankavaram K, Freake H. The effects of transformation and ZnT-1 silencing on zinc homeostasis in cultured cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:629-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ZnT-1 expression is crucial for maintaining zinc homeostasis, in particular, for the enhanced retention of zinc in transformed cells when subjected to zinc deprivation. ..
- Andrews G, Wang H, Dey S, Palmiter R. Mouse zinc transporter 1 gene provides an essential function during early embryonic development. Genesis. 2004;40:74-81 pubmed
- Segal D, Ohana E, Besser L, Hershfinkel M, Moran A, Sekler I. A role for ZnT-1 in regulating cellular cation influx. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1145-50 pubmed..Furthermore, ZnT-1 may play a role in cellular ion homeostasis and thereby confer protection against pathophysiological events linked to cellular Ca(2+) or Zn(2+) permeation and cell death. ..
- Lazarczyk M, Pons C, Mendoza J, Cassonnet P, Jacob Y, Favre M. Regulation of cellular zinc balance as a potential mechanism of EVER-mediated protection against pathogenesis by cutaneous oncogenic human papillomaviruses. J Exp Med. 2008;205:35-42 pubmed..We report that EVER1 and EVER2 proteins form a complex and interact with the zinc transporter 1 (ZnT-1), as shown by yeast two-hybrid screening, GST pull-down, and immunoprecipitation experiments...
- Liu C, He X, Hong X, Kang F, Chen S, Wang Q, et al. Suppression of placental metallothionein 1 and zinc transporter 1 mRNA expressions contributes to fetal heart malformations caused by maternal zinc deficiency. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2014;14:329-38 pubmed publisher..Metallothionein 1 (MT-1) and zinc transporter 1 (ZnT-1) are two major metabolic factors that are associated with zinc metabolism...