Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Six2
Description: SIX homeobox 2
Alias: homeobox protein SIX2, sine oculis-related homeobox 2 homolog
- Kobayashi A, Valerius M, Mugford J, Carroll T, Self M, Oliver G, et al. Six2 defines and regulates a multipotent self-renewing nephron progenitor population throughout mammalian kidney development. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:169-81 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the Six2-expressing cap mesenchyme represents a multipotent nephron progenitor population...
- Senanayake U, Koller K, Pichler M, Leuschner I, Strohmaier H, Hadler U, et al. The pluripotent renal stem cell regulator SIX2 is activated in renal neoplasms and influences cellular proliferation and migration. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:336-45 pubmed publisherEmbryonal renal mesenchyme contains pluripotent progenitor cells characterized by expression of SIX2, which suppresses cellular differentiation...
- Donovan M, Natoli T, Sainio K, Amstutz A, Jaenisch R, Sariola H, et al. Initial differentiation of the metanephric mesenchyme is independent of WT1 and the ureteric bud. Dev Genet. 1999;24:252-62 pubmed..However, the Wolffian duct from Wt1 -/- embryos was a competent inducer of wild-type metanephric mesenchyme. ..
- Kutejova E, Engist B, Self M, Oliver G, Kirilenko P, Bobola N. Six2 functions redundantly immediately downstream of Hoxa2. Development. 2008;135:1463-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we conclusively demonstrate that Six2 is a direct downstream target of Hoxa2 in vivo and show that the ectopic expression of Six2, observed in the ..
- Karner C, Das A, Ma Z, Self M, Chen C, Lum L, et al. Canonical Wnt9b signaling balances progenitor cell expansion and differentiation during kidney development. Development. 2011;138:1247-57 pubmed publisher..Interpretation of the signal is dependent, at least in part, on the activity of the transcription factor Six2. Six2-positive cells that receive the Wnt9b signal are maintained as progenitors whereas cells with reduced levels ..
- Xu J, Liu H, Park J, Lan Y, Jiang R. Osr1 acts downstream of and interacts synergistically with Six2 to maintain nephron progenitor cells during kidney organogenesis. Development. 2014;141:1442-52 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have demonstrated that the Six2 transcription factor acts cell autonomously to maintain nephron progenitor cells, whereas canonical Wnt signaling ..