Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sirt4
Description: sirtuin 4
Alias: NAD-dependent protein lipoamidase sirtuin-4, mitochondrial, NAD-dependent ADP-ribosyltransferase sirtuin-4, NAD-dependent protein deacetylase sirtuin-4
- Yu W, Zhou H, Lin R, Fu Y, Wang W. Short?term calorie restriction activates SIRT1?4 and ?7 in cardiomyocytes in vivo and in vitro. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:1218-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CR may attenuate age?associated changes through reducing BW. Moreover, short?term CR may activate SIRT1 as well as SIRT2?4 and ?7 expression in cardiomyocytes in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Ahuja N, Schwer B, Carobbio S, Waltregny D, North B, Castronovo V, et al. Regulation of insulin secretion by SIRT4, a mitochondrial ADP-ribosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33583-92 pubmed..We report that human SIRT4 is localized to the mitochondria...
- Chen Y, Fang S, Fu Y, Zhou X, Xu M, Xu W. Calorie restriction on insulin resistance and expression of SIRT1 and SIRT4 in rats. Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;88:715-22 pubmed publisher..Sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) and sirtuin 4 (SIRT4) have been reported to regulate insulin secretion, but their association with the development of insulin ..
- Komlos D, Mann K, Zhuo Y, Ricupero C, Hart R, Liu A, et al. Glutamate dehydrogenase 1 and SIRT4 regulate glial development. Glia. 2013;61:394-408 pubmed publisher..regulated by many factors, and has been shown to be inhibited by the ADP-ribosyltransferase sirtuin 4 (SIRT4), a mitochondrially localized sirtuin. Here we show that SIRT4 is localized to mitochondria within the brain...
- Laurent G, de Boer V, Finley L, Sweeney M, Lu H, Schug T, et al. SIRT4 represses peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? activity to suppress hepatic fat oxidation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4552-61 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered a novel role for the mitochondrial sirtuin SIRT4 in the regulation of hepatic lipid metabolism during changes in nutrient availability...
- Mathias R, Greco T, Oberstein A, Budayeva H, Chakrabarti R, Rowland E, et al. Sirtuin 4 is a lipoamidase regulating pyruvate dehydrogenase complex activity. Cell. 2014;159:1615-25 pubmed publisher..Despite conserved deacetylase domains, mitochondrial SIRT4 and SIRT5 have little to no deacetylase activity, and a robust catalytic activity for SIRT4 has been elusive...
- Verdin E. NADâº in aging, metabolism, and neurodegeneration. Science. 2015;350:1208-13 pubmed publisher..Here we review factors that regulate NAD(+) and discuss how supplementation with NAD(+) precursors may represent a new therapeutic opportunity for aging and its associated disorders, particularly neurodegenerative diseases. ..