Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sh3gl1
Description: SH3 domain containing GRB2 like 1, endophilin A2
Alias: SH3P8, endophilin-A2, SH3 domain protein 2B, SH3 domain-containing GRB2-like 1, SH3 domain-containing GRB2-like protein 1, SH3-domain GRB2-like 1, endophilin-2
- Nemoto Y, Wenk M, Watanabe M, Daniell L, Murakami T, Ringstad N, et al. Identification and characterization of a synaptojanin 2 splice isoform predominantly expressed in nerve terminals. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41133-42 pubmed..These results suggest that synaptojanin 2B has a partially overlapping function with synaptojanin 1 in nerve terminals, with additional roles in neurons and other cells including spermatids. ..
- Ralser M, Nonhoff U, Albrecht M, Lengauer T, Wanker E, Lehrach H, et al. Ataxin-2 and huntingtin interact with endophilin-A complexes to function in plastin-associated pathways. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2893-909 pubmed..Thus, our findings suggest an interplay between ataxin-2, endophilin proteins and huntingtin in plastin-associated cellular pathways. ..
- Vehlow A, Soong D, Vizcay Barrena G, Bodo C, Law A, Perera U, et al. Endophilin, Lamellipodin, and Mena cooperate to regulate F-actin-dependent EGF-receptor endocytosis. EMBO J. 2013;32:2722-34 pubmed publisher..Consistently, Lpd localizes to clathrin-coated pits (CCPs) just before vesicle scission and regulates vesicle scission. Our findings suggest a novel mechanism in which Lpd mediates EGFR endocytosis via Mena downstream of endophilin. ..
- Renard H, Simunovic M, LemiÃ¨re J, Boucrot E, Garcia Castillo M, Arumugam S, et al. Endophilin-A2 functions in membrane scission in clathrin-independent endocytosis. Nature. 2015;517:493-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a previously unnoticed link between membrane scaffolding by endoA2 and pulling-force-driven dynamic scission. ..
- Voglmaier S, Kam K, Yang H, Fortin D, Hua Z, Nicoll R, et al. Distinct endocytic pathways control the rate and extent of synaptic vesicle protein recycling. Neuron. 2006;51:71-84 pubmed..After stimulation, however, inhibition of the AP3 pathway prevents the full recovery of VGLUT1 by endocytosis, implicating the AP3 pathway specifically in compensatory endocytosis. ..
- Matsutani T, Hiwasa T, Takiguchi M, Oide T, Kunimatsu M, Saeki N, et al. Autologous antibody to src-homology 3-domain GRB2-like 1 specifically increases in the sera of patients with low-grade gliomas. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:85 pubmed publisher..Among them, the serum level of autoantibody to src-homology 3-domain GRB2-like 1 (SH3GL1) was significantly higher in patients with low-grade glioma than healthy volunteers or high-grade gliomas...