Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Selp
Description: selectin P
Alias: PSELECT, P-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member P, GMP-140, LECAM3, PADGEM, granule membrane protein 140, leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 3, platelet activation dependent granule-external membrane protein, selectin, platelet
- Schreiber O, Petersson J, Phillipson M, Perry M, Roos S, Holm L. Lactobacillus reuteri prevents colitis by reducing P-selectin-associated leukocyte- and platelet-endothelial cell interactions. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G534-42 pubmed publisher..reuteri. L. reuteri protects against DSS-induced colitis in rats. The protection is associated with reduced P-selectin expression and a decrease in leukocyte- and platelet-endothelial cell interactions. ..
- Ling X, Lau K, Deshpande C, Park J, Milojevic D, Macaubas C, et al. Urine Peptidomic and Targeted Plasma Protein Analyses in the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Clin Proteomics. 2010;6:175-193 pubmed..ELECTRONIC SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL: The online version of this article (doi:10.1007/s12014-010-9058-8) contains supplementary material, which is available to authorized users. ..
- Lu X, Zhu C, Qian J, Chen X, Ye S, Gu Y. Intrathecal cytokine and chemokine profiling in neuropsychiatric lupus or lupus complicated with central nervous system infection. Lupus. 2010;19:689-95 pubmed publisher..Significantly elevated IL-17, IL-6, and to a lesser extent, IL-8, favors central nervous system infection in systemic lupus erythematosus. ..
- Stone E, Ismail M, Lee S, Luu Y, Ramirez K, Haslam S, et al. Glycosyltransferase function in core 2-type protein O glycosylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3770-82 pubmed publisher..Although the absence of C2GnT and C4GnT activities is tolerable in vivo, core 2 O glycosylation exerts a significant influence on O-glycan biosynthesis and is important in multiple physiological processes. ..
- Hsieh Y, McCartney K, Moore T, Thundyil J, Gelderblom M, Manzanero S, et al. Intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury leads to inflammatory changes in the brain. Shock. 2011;36:424-30 pubmed publisher..certain inflammatory mediators such as endothelial nitric oxide synthase, intercellular adhesion molecule 1, P selectin, TNF-?, and IL-6 are significantly upregulated...
- Varughese G, Patel J, Tomson J, Blann A, Hughes E, Lip G. Prognostic value of plasma soluble P-selectin and von Willebrand factor as indices of platelet activation and endothelial damage/dysfunction in high-risk patients with hypertension: a sub-study of the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial. J Intern Med. 2007;261:384-91 pubmed..Platelets (or P-selectin) might represent a target for novel therapies or an adjunctive aid to risk stratification in the setting of hypertension. ..
- Zeiffer U, Schober A, Lietz M, Liehn E, Erl W, Emans N, et al. Neointimal smooth muscle cells display a proinflammatory phenotype resulting in increased leukocyte recruitment mediated by P-selectin and chemokines. Circ Res. 2004;94:776-84 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a NF-kappaB-mediated proinflammatory phenotype of niSMCs that is characterized by increased P-selectin and chemokine expression and thereby effectively supports leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Amersi F, Farmer D, Shaw G, Kato H, Coito A, Kaldas F, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (rPSGL-Ig)-mediated blockade of CD62 selectin molecules protects rat steatotic liver grafts from ischemia/reperfusion injury. Am J Transplant. 2002;2:600-8 pubmed..These findings document the potential utility of rPSGL-Ig in increasing the transplant donor pool through modulation of marginal steatotic livers. ..
- Mayadas T, Johnson R, Rayburn H, Hynes R, Wagner D. Leukocyte rolling and extravasation are severely compromised in P selectin-deficient mice. Cell. 1993;74:541-54 pubmedb>P selectin, expressed on surfaces of activated endothelial cells and platelets, is an adhesion receptor for leukocytes...
- Krauss T, Kuhn W, Lakoma C, Augustin H. Circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecules as diagnostic markers for the early identification of pregnant women at risk for development of preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997;177:443-9 pubmed
- Sammar M, Aigner S, Hubbe M, Schirrmacher V, Schachner M, Vestweber D, et al. Heat-stable antigen (CD24) as ligand for mouse P-selectin. Int Immunol. 1994;6:1027-36 pubmed..It is suggested that in its L2/HNK-1 modified form the HSA molecule on leukocytes could represent a ligand for P-selectin on endothelial cells or platelets. ..
- Iwamoto M, Mizuiri S, Arita M, Hemmi H. Nuclear factor-kappaB activation in diabetic rat kidney: evidence for involvement of P-selectin in diabetic nephropathy. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;206:163-71 pubmed..Our results indicate that expression of the P-selectin gene is induced through the activation of NF-kappaB and that P-selectin may be involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Bourgain C, Hoffjan S, Nicolae R, Newman D, Steiner L, Walker K, et al. Novel case-control test in a founder population identifies P-selectin as an atopy-susceptibility locus. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;73:612-26 pubmed..10-6) between atopy and an amino acid polymorphism in the P-selectin gene, detected with the QLS test and also, but less significantly (P=.0014), with the transmission/disequilibrium test. ..
- Jedlitschky G, Tirschmann K, Lubenow L, Nieuwenhuis H, Akkerman J, Greinacher A, et al. The nucleotide transporter MRP4 (ABCC4) is highly expressed in human platelets and present in dense granules, indicating a role in mediator storage. Blood. 2004;104:3603-10 pubmed..The results indicate a function of MRP4 in platelet mediator storage and inhibition of MRP4 may represent a novel mechanism for inhibition of platelet function by some anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Oostingh G, Pozgajova M, Ludwig R, Krahn T, Boehncke W, Nieswandt B, et al. Diminished thrombus formation and alleviation of myocardial infarction and reperfusion injury through antibody- or small-molecule-mediated inhibition of selectin-dependent platelet functions. Haematologica. 2007;92:502-12 pubmed..9% to 9.42% (p<0.001) and reperfusion injury (p<0.001). Inhibition of P-selectin functions reduces platelet aggregation and can alleviate platelet-related disorders in disease-relevant preclinical settings. ..
- Polińska B, Matowicka Karna J, Kemona H. Assessment of the influence of the inflammatory process on the activation of blood platelets and morphological parameters in patients with ulcerative colitis (colitis ulcerosa). Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2011;49:119-24 pubmed..The increase in the concentration of sP-selectin correlated positively with the increase in concentration of IL-6. This is why it may be a useful marker of the activity of colitis ulcerosa. ..
- Zhu H, Guo Y, Zhang J, Hu M, Tang J, Tian D, et al. Donor denervation and elimination of Kupffer cells affect expression of P-selectin and ICAM-1 in liver graft. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2007;6:379-82 pubmed..Live donor denervation and elimination of Kupffer cells down-regulated the expressions of P-selectin and ICAM-1 mRNA in grafts. This may decrease graft ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Lu H, Sheng Z, Wang Y, Zhang L. Levels of soluble adhesion molecules in patients with various clinical presentations of coronary atherosclerosis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:3123-6 pubmed..Soluble ICAM-1, VCAM-1, E-selectin and P-selectin concentrations are useful indicators of the presence of atherosclerosis and the severity of CAD clinical presentation. ..
- Zhou Z, Penn M, Forudi F, Zhou X, Tarakji K, Topol E, et al. Administration of recombinant P-selectin glycoprotein ligand Fc fusion protein suppresses inflammation and neointimal formation in Zucker diabetic rat model. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:1598-603 pubmed
- Schafer A, Fraccarollo D, Widder J, Eigenthaler M, Ertl G, Bauersachs J. Inhibition of platelet activation in rats with severe congestive heart failure by a novel endothelial nitric oxide synthase transcription enhancer. Eur J Heart Fail. 2009;11:336-41 pubmed publisher..Platelet activation was evident in CHF rats. Therapy with the eNOS-transcription enhancer, AVE9488, reduced platelet activation in parallel to normalization of platelet NO bioavailability. ..
- Ogawa D, Shikata K, Matsuda M, Okada S, Wada J, Yamaguchi S, et al. Preventive effect of sulphated colominic acid on P-selectin-dependent infiltration of macrophages in experimentally induced crescentic glomerulonephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;129:43-53 pubmed..Moreover, SCA may inhibit intraglomerular infiltration of macrophages by interfering with P-selectin-dependent adhesion pathway, and progression of experimental crescentic glomerulonephritis. ..
- Corsi M, Licastro F, Porcellini E, Dogliotti G, Galliera E, Lamont J, et al. Reduced plasma levels of P-selectin and L-selectin in a pilot study from Alzheimer disease: relationship with neuro-degeneration. Biogerontology. 2011;12:451-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that these molecules may induce alterations of endothelial regulation and influence neurodegenerative processes of AD. ..
- Musselwhite L, Sheikh V, Norton T, Rupert A, Porter B, Penzak S, et al. Markers of endothelial dysfunction, coagulation and tissue fibrosis independently predict venous thromboembolism in HIV. AIDS. 2011;25:787-95 pubmed publisher..Biomarkers of endothelial dysfunction, coagulation, and tissue fibrosis may help identify HIV-infected patients at elevated risk of VTE. ..
- Barbaux S, Blankenberg S, Rupprecht H, Francomme C, Bickel C, Hafner G, et al. Association between P-selectin gene polymorphisms and soluble P-selectin levels and their relation to coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1668-73 pubmed
- Fernekorn U, Butcher E, Behrends J, Hartz S, Kruse A. Functional involvement of P-selectin and MAdCAM-1 in the recruitment of alpha4beta7-integrin-expressing monocyte-like cells to the pregnant mouse uterus. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:3423-33 pubmed..Interestingly, maternal/fetal units with inhibited recruitment of alpha4beta7(+) leukocytes or the absence of these cells are characterized by reduced size and frequency of uterine NK cells. ..
- Oberheiden T, Blahak C, Nguyen X, Fatar M, Elmas E, Morper N, et al. Activation of platelets and cellular coagulation in cerebral small-vessel disease. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2010;21:729-35 pubmed publisher..Patients with cSVD show an up-regulation of the platelet CD40L and CD62P system and an activation of cellular coagulation which might contribute to the initiation and progression of cSVD. ..
- Vogel K, Edelmann S, Jeltsch K, Bertossi A, Heger K, Heinz G, et al. Roquin paralogs 1 and 2 redundantly repress the Icos and Ox40 costimulator mRNAs and control follicular helper T cell differentiation. Immunity. 2013;38:655-68 pubmed publisher..These data imply that both proteins maintain tolerance by preventing inappropriate T cell activation and Tfh cell differentiation, and that Roquin-2 compensates in the absence of Roquin-1, but not in the presence of its mutated form. ..
- Pan L, Yang Y, Dong D. [Integrin-associated proteins in blood plasma of patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2010;33:265-7 pubmed
- Wang H, Nawata J, Kakudo N, Sugimura K, Suzuki J, Sakuma M, et al. The upregulation of ICAM-1 and P-selectin requires high blood pressure but not circulating renin-angiotensin system in vivo. J Hypertens. 2004;22:1323-32 pubmed
- Wong C, Ho A, Tong P, Yeung C, Chan J, Kong A, et al. Aberrant expression of soluble co-stimulatory molecules and adhesion molecules in type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:36-43 pubmed..05). Therefore, the aberrant expression of soluble co-stimulatory molecules and adhesion molecules can be related to the activation of T cells and leukocytes in the progression of inflammation in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Sun X, Wang N, Xue Q, Wang F. [Volatile oil of Magnolia biondii inhibits expressions of P-selectin protein in serum and renal tissue of rats with diabetic nephropathy]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2008;6:524-9 pubmed publisher..05). VOMBP can protect the kidney in rats with diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting the expressions of P-selectin protein in serum and in renal tissue. ..
- Wang H, Wang J, Zhang L, Geng Z, Xu W, Xu T, et al. P-selectin primes leukocyte integrin activation during inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:882-92 pubmed..Our data demonstrate the functional importance of this newly identified signaling pathway mediated by P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1. ..
- Li Q, Zhang X, Zhu F, Zhang Z. [Study of regulation of Puerarin on blood P-selectin and the expression of aorta VCAM mRNA in diabetes]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2007;36:581-3, 595 pubmed..05). Puerarin have a certain in preventing aorta by inhibiting expression of adhesion molecule. ..
- Auchampach J, Oliver M, Anderson D, Manning A. Cloning, sequence comparison and in vivo expression of the gene encoding rat P-selectin. Gene. 1994;145:251-5 pubmed..These data demonstrate that part of the response to acute inflammation in vivo includes the rapid increase in endothelial Psel expression. ..
- Zhao S, Fu Y, Li X, Jin Z, Zhao R, Huang Q, et al. Alterations of bone marrow sinusoidal endothelium in rat and patients with liver cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:654-61 pubmed publisher..The lesions of bone marrow sinusoidal endothelium might contribute to the hematological abnormalities in the end stage of liver disease. ..
- Zhou T, Sun G, Zhang M, Chen J, Zhang D, Hu Q, et al. Role of adhesion molecules and dendritic cells in rat hepatic/renal ischemia-reperfusion injury and anti-adhesive intervention with anti-P-selectin lectin-EGF domain monoclonal antibody. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:1005-10 pubmed..DCs play an important role in immune pathogenesis of hepatic/renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Anti-PsL-EGFmAb may regulate and inhibit local DC immigration and accumulation in liver/kidney. ..
- Jin A, Tuor U, Rushforth D, Kaur J, Muller R, Petterson J, et al. Reduced blood brain barrier breakdown in P-selectin deficient mice following transient ischemic stroke: a future therapeutic target for treatment of stroke. BMC Neurosci. 2010;11:12 pubmed publisher..In vivo assessment of BBB dysfunction was also investigated optically using intravital microscopy of the pial circulation following the injection of Fluorescein Isothiocyanate (FITC)-dextran (MW 2000 kDa)...
- Nelson R, Dolich S, Aruffo A, Cecconi O, Bevilacqua M. Higher-affinity oligosaccharide ligands for E-selectin. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:1157-66 pubmed..IC50 values of soluble oligosaccharides determined in competitive binding studies accurately predicted blocking of leukocyte adhesion to recombinant E-selectin-Ig and to cytokine-activated endothelium. ..
- Ryan J, Ma F, Kanellis J, Delgado M, Blease K, Nikolic Paterson D. Spleen tyrosine kinase promotes acute neutrophil-mediated glomerular injury via activation of JNK and p38 MAPK in rat nephrotoxic serum nephritis. Lab Invest. 2011;91:1727-38 pubmed publisher..These findings identify Syk as a potential therapeutic target in antibody-dependent kidney disease. ..
- Aigner S, Ruppert M, Hubbe M, Sammar M, Sthoeger Z, Butcher E, et al. Heat stable antigen (mouse CD24) supports myeloid cell binding to endothelial and platelet P-selectin. Int Immunol. 1995;7:1557-65 pubmed..Our data suggest that HSA, in addition to the recently identified 160 kDa glycoprotein ligand on mouse neutrophils, belongs to a group of monospecific P-selectin ligands on myeloid cells. ..
- Schneider D, Hardison R, Lopes N, Sobel B, Brooks M. Association between increased platelet P-selectin expression and obesity in patients with type 2 diabetes: a BARI 2D (Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation 2 Diabetes) substudy. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:944-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that obesity and insulin resistance that accompanies obesity may influence platelet reactivity in patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Tregouet D, Barbaux S, Escolano S, Tahri N, Golmard J, Tiret L, et al. Specific haplotypes of the P-selectin gene are associated with myocardial infarction. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2015-23 pubmed..This finding illustrates the complexity of the relationship between gene variability and disease and the necessity to explore in detail the polymorphisms of candidate genes. ..
- Dole V, Bergmeier W, Mitchell H, Eichenberger S, Wagner D. Activated platelets induce Weibel-Palade-body secretion and leukocyte rolling in vivo: role of P-selectin. Blood. 2005;106:2334-9 pubmed..We conclude that the presence of activated platelets in circulation promotes acute inflammation by stimulating secretion of Weibel-Palade bodies and P-selectin-mediated leukocyte rolling...
- Duan G, Zhao L, Zhang L, Dong S, Zhou H, Zhang N, et al. [The affection and significance of NO on the expression of P-selectin in renal injury following hind limb ischemia/reperfusion in rats]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2007;23:456-61 pubmed..The renal injury after LI/R may relate to the strong expression of P-selectin. NO may have protective affection by decreasing the expression of P-selectin and alleviating the adhesion, aggregation and infiltration of neutrophils. ..
- Yang W, Li H, Luo H, Luo W. Inhibition of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase attenuates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in an in vivo rat model. Life Sci. 2011;88:302-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that myocardial I/R injury up-regulates myocardial SSAO activity, and the inhibition of SSAO prior to reperfusion is able to attenuate acute myocardial I/R injury. ..
- Carr C, Qi Y, Davidson B, Chadderdon S, Jayaweera A, Belcik J, et al. Dysregulated selectin expression and monocyte recruitment during ischemia-related vascular remodeling in diabetes mellitus. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2526-33 pubmed publisher..In DM, there is dysregulation of the selectin response to limb ischemia, which leads to impaired monocyte recruitment, which may be mechanistically related to reduced vascular remodeling in limb ischemia. ..
- Jadeja R, Thounaojam M, Jain M, Devkar R, Ramachandran A. Clerodendron glandulosum.Coleb leaf extract attenuates in vitro macrophage differentiation and expression of VCAM-1 and P-selectin in thoracic aorta of atherogenic diet fed rats. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2012;34:443-53 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded from the present study that, CG extract is capable of controlling induction of experimental atherosclerosis and warrants further scrutiny at the clinical level as a possible therapeutic agent...
- Sellam J, Proulle V, Jungel A, Ittah M, Miceli Richard C, Gottenberg J, et al. Increased levels of circulating microparticles in primary Sjögren's syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis and relation with disease activity. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R156 pubmed publisher..Increase of platelet-derived MPs, sCD40L and sCD62P, highlights platelet activation in pSS. ..
- Soehnlein O, Xie X, Ulbrich H, Kenne E, Rotzius P, Flodgaard H, et al. Neutrophil-derived heparin-binding protein (HBP/CAP37) deposited on endothelium enhances monocyte arrest under flow conditions. J Immunol. 2005;174:6399-405 pubmed..Thus, secretion of a neutrophil granule protein, accumulating on the EC surface and promoting arrest of monocytes, could contribute to the recruitment of monocytes at inflammatory loci. ..
- Vachharajani V, Wang S, Mishra N, El Gazzar M, Yoza B, McCall C. Curcumin modulates leukocyte and platelet adhesion in murine sepsis. Microcirculation. 2010;17:407-16 pubmed publisher..Curcumin pre-treatment modulates leukocyte and platelet adhesion and BBB dysfunction in mice with CLP via P-selectin expression and improves survival in mice with CLP. ..
- Mehta D souza P, Klopocki A, Oganesyan V, Terzyan S, Mather T, Li Z, et al. Glycan Bound to the Selectin Low Affinity State Engages Glu-88 to Stabilize the High Affinity State under Force. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2510-2518 pubmed publisher..Cells expressing E-selectinE88D rolled but detached faster. Our data support a two-state model for selectins in which Glu-88 must engage ligand to trigger allostery that stabilizes the high affinity state under force. ..