Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sele
Description: selectin E
Alias: E-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member E, ELAM-1, LECAM2, endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1, leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 2, selectin, endothelial cell
- Abu Amero K, Al Mohanna F, Al Boudari O, Mohamed G, Dzimiri N. The interactive role of type 2 diabetes mellitus and E-selectin S128R mutation on susceptibility to coronary heart disease. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8:35 pubmed..11; p = < 0.001). Our findings indicate therefore that the risk of acquiring CAD in patients with DM2 increases significantly in the presence of the 128R mutant allele of the E-selectin gene. ..
- Ruth J, Amin M, Woods J, He X, Samuel S, Yi N, et al. Accelerated development of arthritis in mice lacking endothelial selectins. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R959-70 pubmed
- Ulich T, Howard S, Remick D, Yi E, Collins T, Guo K, et al. Intratracheal administration of endotoxin and cytokines: VIII. LPS induces E-selectin expression; anti-E-selectin and soluble E-selectin inhibit acute inflammation. Inflammation. 1994;18:389-98 pubmed..E-selectin-mediated adhesion of neutrophils to endothelium appears crucial to the full development of the acute inflammation response. ..
- Nelson R, Dolich S, Aruffo A, Cecconi O, Bevilacqua M. Higher-affinity oligosaccharide ligands for E-selectin. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:1157-66 pubmed..IC50 values of soluble oligosaccharides determined in competitive binding studies accurately predicted blocking of leukocyte adhesion to recombinant E-selectin-Ig and to cytokine-activated endothelium. ..
- Kiely J, Hu Y, Garcia Cardena G, Gimbrone M. Lipid raft localization of cell surface E-selectin is required for ligation-induced activation of phospholipase C gamma. J Immunol. 2003;171:3216-24 pubmed
- Yoshida M, Westlin W, Wang N, Ingber D, Rosenzweig A, Resnick N, et al. Leukocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium induces E-selectin linkage to the actin cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 1996;133:445-55 pubmed
- Du H, Liu N, Wu Z, Chen R, Weng J, Huang H. [Inhibiting effects of interleukin-10 on expression of E-selectin and L-selectin in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion: experiment with rats]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:59-62 pubmed..421 +/- 0.043,) and (0.348 +/- 0.044) respectively, both P < 0.05]. IL-10 suppresses the expression of E-selectin and L-selectin in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Mokhtar H, Giribabu N, Muniandy S, Salleh N. Testosterone decreases the expression of endometrial pinopode and L-selectin ligand (MECA-79) in adult female rats during uterine receptivity period. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:1967-76 pubmed..The decrease in uterine pinopodes and MECA-79 expressions during uterine receptivity period by testosterone may cause failure of blastocyst to implant in conditions associated with high level of this hormone. ..
- Fries J, Williams A, Atkins R, Newman W, Lipscomb M, Collins T. Expression of VCAM-1 and E-selectin in an in vivo model of endothelial activation. Am J Pathol. 1993;143:725-37 pubmed..Signals other than the expression of endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecules are required in vivo for leukocyte infiltration in this murine model of systemic endothelial activation. ..
- Gehad A, Al Banna N, Vaci M, Issekutz A, Mohan K, Latta M, et al. Differing requirements for CCR4, E-selectin, and ?4?1 for the migration of memory CD4 and activated T cells to dermal inflammation. J Immunol. 2012;189:337-46 pubmed publisher..The differentiation from activated to memory CD4 cells increases the dependence on CCR4 for skin homing and decreases the requirement for ESL. ..
- de Oliveira A, Peron J, Damazo A, Franco A, Domingos H, Oliani S, et al. Female sex hormones mediate the allergic lung reaction by regulating the release of inflammatory mediators and the expression of lung E-selectin in rats. Respir Res. 2010;11:115 pubmed publisher..Our data could contribute to the understanding of the protective role of estradiol in some cases of asthma symptoms in fertile ans post-menopausal women clinically observed. ..
- Garcia Criado F, Lozano F, Barros M, Parreño F, Fresnadillo M, García Sánchez J, et al. P- and E-selectin blockade can control bacterial translocation and modulate systemic inflammatory response. J Invest Surg. 2005;18:167-76 pubmed..01). In conclusion, GM 1998-016 showed a protective effect in an in vivo experimental model of bacterial translocation, downregulating the inflammatory response and the leukocyte-endothelium interactions. ..
- Ishibashi S, Maric D, Mou Y, Ohtani R, Ruetzler C, Hallenbeck J. Mucosal tolerance to E-selectin promotes the survival of newly generated neuroblasts via regulatory T-cell induction after stroke in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:606-20 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that E-selectin-specific Tregs can modulate the efficacy of neurogenesis after ischemia and promote repair after brain injury. ..
- Takei T, Iida A, Nitta K, Tanaka T, Ohnishi Y, Yamada R, et al. Association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms in selectin genes and immunoglobulin A nephropathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;70:781-6 pubmed..67, P=.000016, odds ratio = 1.88 [95% CI 1.41--2.51]). Our results suggest that these eight SNPs in selectin genes may be useful for screening populations susceptible to the IgAN phenotype that involves interstitial infiltration. ..
- Hattori H, Sato H, Ito D, Tanahashi N, Murata M, Saito I, et al. A561C polymorphism of E-selectin is associated with ischemic cerebrovascular disease in the Japanese population without diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia. Brain Res. 2006;1108:221-3 pubmed..7% vs. 5.8% (P=0.04). Our results show that E-selectin gene polymorphisms represent an increased risk for ischemic CVD in the Japanese population without diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Krauss T, Kuhn W, Lakoma C, Augustin H. Circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecules as diagnostic markers for the early identification of pregnant women at risk for development of preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997;177:443-9 pubmed
- Mullaly S, Kubes P. The role of TLR2 in vivo following challenge with Staphylococcus aureus and prototypic ligands. J Immunol. 2006;177:8154-63 pubmed..aureus-mediated immune responses. ..
- Song S, Yi Z, Zhang M, Mao M, Fu L, Zhao X, et al. Hypoxia inhibits pulmonary artery endothelial cell apoptosis via the e-selectin/biliverdin reductase pathway. Microvasc Res. 2016;106:44-56 pubmed publisher..Taken all together, our data show that the e-selectin/BVR pathway participates in the inhibitory process of hypoxia in PAEC apoptosis which is mediated by the mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis pathway. ..
- Hirashiki A, Yamada Y, Murase Y, Suzuki Y, Kataoka H, Morimoto Y, et al. Association of gene polymorphisms with coronary artery disease in low- or high-risk subjects defined by conventional risk factors. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003;42:1429-37 pubmed..Genotyping of these polymorphisms may prove informative for assessment of the genetic risk of CAD in low- or high-risk men or women. ..