Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Scn1b
Description: sodium voltage-gated channel beta subunit 1
Alias: sodium channel subunit beta-1, sodium channel, voltage-gated, type 1, beta polypeptide, sodium channel, voltage-gated, type I, beta polypeptide, sodium channel, voltage-gated, type I, beta subunit
- Olesen M, Jespersen T, Nielsen J, Liang B, Møller D, Hedley P, et al. Mutations in sodium channel ?-subunit SCN3B are associated with early-onset lone atrial fibrillation. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:786-93 pubmed publisher..The three mutations in SCN3B were investigated electrophysiologically and all led to loss of function in the sodium current, supporting the hypothesis that decreased sodium current enhances AF susceptibility. ..
- Malhotra J, Thyagarajan V, Chen C, Isom L. Tyrosine-phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated sodium channel beta1 subunits are differentially localized in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40748-54 pubmed..5 and pYbeta1 and that these complexes are in close association with both N-cadherin and connexin-43. beta1 phosphorylation appears to regulate its localization to differential subcellular domains. ..
- Barbieri R, Baroni D, Moran O. Identification of an intra-molecular disulfide bond in the sodium channel ?1-subunit. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:364-7 pubmed publisher..Using the 2-D-diagonal-SDS-PAGE technique, we demonstrated the existence of this putative disulfide bridge in the Ig-like extracellular domain of the ?1 subunit and its disruption in the epileptogenic C121W mutant. ..
- Egri C, Vilin Y, Ruben P. A thermoprotective role of the sodium channel ?1 subunit is lost with the ?1 (C121W) mutation. Epilepsia. 2012;53:494-505 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel seizure-causing mechanism for ?(1) (C121W): increased channel excitability at elevated temperature. ..
- Makita N, Seki A, Sumitomo N, Chkourko H, Fukuhara S, Watanabe H, et al. A connexin40 mutation associated with a malignant variant of progressive familial heart block type I. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012;5:163-72 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of a germ line mutation in a connexin gene that associates with inherited ventricular arrhythmias and emphasizes the importance of Cx40 in normal propagation in the specialized conduction system. ..
- Huang X, Du Y, Yang P, Lin S, Xi Y, Yang Z, et al. Age-dependent alterations of voltage-gated Na(+) channel isoforms in rat sinoatrial node. Mech Ageing Dev. 2015;152:80-90 pubmed publisher..1, Nav1.6, NavÎ²1 and NavÎ²3 mRNA and their reduced levels in rat SAN during aging. These results indicated an age-dependent alterations in expression and relative function of NaCh in rat SAN. ..
- Domínguez J, de la Rosa A, Navarro F, Franco D, Aranega A. Tissue distribution and subcellular localization of the cardiac sodium channel during mouse heart development. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:45-52 pubmed publisher..At the subcellular level, Nav1.5 and Scn1b double-immunostaining analysis is consistent with the presence of both sodium channel subunits in the T-tubule ..
- Kazen Gillespie K, Ragsdale D, D Andrea M, Mattei L, Rogers K, Isom L. Cloning, localization, and functional expression of sodium channel beta1A subunits. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1079-88 pubmed..These effects of beta1A subunits on sodium channel function may be physiologically important events in the development of excitable cells. ..
- Guo F, Yu N, Cai J, Quinn T, Zong Z, Zeng Y, et al. Voltage-gated sodium channel Nav1.1, Nav1.3 and beta1 subunit were up-regulated in the hippocampus of spontaneously epileptic rat. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:179-87 pubmed..The results of this study may be of value in revealing components of the molecular mechanisms of hippocampal excitation that are related to genetic epilepsy. ..
- Davis T, Chen C, Isom L. Sodium channel beta1 subunits promote neurite outgrowth in cerebellar granule neurons. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51424-32 pubmed..These results suggest a novel role for beta1 during neuronal development and are the first demonstration of a functional role for sodium channel beta subunit-mediated cell adhesive interactions. ..
- Ratcliffe C, Westenbroek R, Curtis R, Catterall W. Sodium channel beta1 and beta3 subunits associate with neurofascin through their extracellular immunoglobulin-like domain. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:427-34 pubmed..This association of beta1 subunit extracellular domains with neurofascin in developing axons may facilitate recruitment and concentration of sodium channel complexes at nodes of Ranvier. ..
- Watanabe H, Koopmann T, Le Scouarnec S, Yang T, Ingram C, Schott J, et al. Sodium channel ?1 subunit mutations associated with Brugada syndrome and cardiac conduction disease in humans. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2260-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated SCN1B, which encodes the function-modifying sodium channel beta1 subunit, in 282 probands with Brugada syndrome and in ..
- Brackenbury W, Davis T, Chen C, Slat E, Detrow M, Dickendesher T, et al. Voltage-gated Na+ channel beta1 subunit-mediated neurite outgrowth requires Fyn kinase and contributes to postnatal CNS development in vivo. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3246-56 pubmed publisher..In vivo, Scn1b null mice show defective CGN axon extension and fasciculation indicating that beta1 plays a role in cerebellar ..
- Lopez Santiago L, Meadows L, Ernst S, Chen C, Malhotra J, McEwen D, et al. Sodium channel Scn1b null mice exhibit prolonged QT and RR intervals. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:636-47 pubmed..We examined the role of beta1 in cardiac excitability using Scn1b null mice...
- Vijayaragavan K, Powell A, Kinghorn I, Chahine M. Role of auxiliary beta1-, beta2-, and beta3-subunits and their interaction with Na(v)1.8 voltage-gated sodium channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:531-40 pubmed..The results in this study suggest that the functional behavior of Nav1.8 will vary depending on the type of beta-subunit that expressed under normal and disease states. ..
- Baroni D, Picco C, Barbieri R, Moran O. Antisense-mediated post-transcriptional silencing of SCN1B gene modulates sodium channel functional expression. Biol Cell. 2014;106:13-29 pubmed publisher..5, was also reduced by ?1 subunit silencing. These results indicate that the ?1 subunit may exert an isoform-specific fine-tuned modulation of sodium channel expression. ..
- Sampo B, Tricaud N, Leveque C, Seagar M, Couraud F, Dargent B. Direct interaction between synaptotagmin and the intracellular loop I-II of neuronal voltage-sensitive sodium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:3666-71 pubmed..The Ca(2+)-regulated association between sodium channels and a protein implicated in vesicular fusion may have intriguing consequences for the establishment and regulation of neuronal excitability. ..
- Oh Y, Waxman S. The beta 1 subunit mRNA of the rat brain Na+ channel is expressed in glial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:9985-9 pubmed..These results indicate that rat brain Na+ channel beta 1 subunit mRNAs are expressed in glial cells as well as in neurons. ..
- Deschenes I, Armoundas A, Jones S, Tomaselli G. Post-transcriptional gene silencing of KChIP2 and Navbeta1 in neonatal rat cardiac myocytes reveals a functional association between Na and Ito currents. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:336-46 pubmed publisher..x proteins resulting in remarkably decreased I(Na) and I(to). These data are consistent with a novel structural and functional association of I(Na) and I(to) in NRVMs. ..
- Dhar Malhotra J, Chen C, Rivolta I, Abriel H, Malhotra R, Mattei L, et al. Characterization of sodium channel alpha- and beta-subunits in rat and mouse cardiac myocytes. Circulation. 2001;103:1303-10 pubmed..Cardiac sodium channels are composed of alpha- (Nav1.1 or Nav1.5), beta(1)-, and beta(2)-subunits. Although beta(1)-subunits modulate cardiac sodium channel current, beta(2)-subunit function in heart may be limited to cell adhesion. ..