Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sall4
Description: spalt-like transcription factor 4
Alias: sal-like protein 4, sal-like 4
- Cao D, Guo S, Allan R, Molberg K, Peng Y. SALL4 is a novel sensitive and specific marker of ovarian primitive germ cell tumors and is particularly useful in distinguishing yolk sac tumor from clear cell carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:894-904 pubmed publisher..Here by immunohistochemistry, we investigated a novel marker SALL4 in 98 GCTs (29 YSTs, 18 dysgerminomas, 6 gonadoblastomas, 6 embryonal carcinomas, 15 immature and 12 mature ..
- Cao D, Li J, Guo C, Allan R, Humphrey P. SALL4 is a novel diagnostic marker for testicular germ cell tumors. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:1065-77 pubmed publisher..Here we performed an immunohistochemical study of a novel stem cell marker SALL4 in a large series of 110 primary testicular GCTs (65 pure and 45 mixed) containing the following types of tumors ..
- Gonzalez Roibon N, Katz B, Chaux A, Sharma R, Munari E, Faraj S, et al. Immunohistochemical expression of SALL4 in hepatocellular carcinoma, a potential pitfall in the differential diagnosis of yolk sac tumors. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1293-9 pubmed publisherb>SALL4 is a transcription factor that serves as a marker of yolk sac tumor. Yolk sac tumor and hepatocellular carcinoma share histologic, serologic, and immunohistochemical features...
- Sakaki Yumoto M, Kobayashi C, Sato A, Fujimura S, Matsumoto Y, Takasato M, et al. The murine homolog of SALL4, a causative gene in Okihiro syndrome, is essential for embryonic stem cell proliferation, and cooperates with Sall1 in anorectal, heart, brain and kidney development. Development. 2006;133:3005-13 pubmedMutations in SALL4, the human homolog of the Drosophila homeotic gene spalt (sal), cause the autosomal dominant disorder known as Okihiro syndrome...
- Wang B, Li L, Xie X, Wang J, Yan J, Mu Y, et al. Genetic variation of SAL-Like 4 (SALL4) in ventricular septal defect. Int J Cardiol. 2010;145:224-226 pubmed publisherVentricular septal defect (VSD) accounts for about half of congenital heart disease (CHD). SAL-Like 4 (SALL4) gene mutations have been identified to be the cause of Okihiro syndrome which is characterized by association limb and multiple ..
- Terhal P, Rösler B, Kohlhase J. A family with features overlapping Okihiro syndrome, hemifacial microsomia and isolated Duane anomaly caused by a novel SALL4 mutation. Am J Med Genet A. 2006;140:222-6 pubmedThe SALL4 gene encodes a putative zinc finger transcription factor and is located on chromosome 20q13.13-13.2...
- Iseki H, Nakachi Y, Hishida T, Yamashita Sugahara Y, Hirasaki M, Ueda A, et al. Combined Overexpression of JARID2, PRDM14, ESRRB, and SALL4A Dramatically Improves Efficiency and Kinetics of Reprogramming to Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cells. 2016;34:322-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide an insight into the important roles of JARID2 during reprogramming and suggest that the JARID2-associated protein network contributes to overcoming reprogramming barriers. ..
- Böhm J, Buck A, Borozdin W, Mannan A, Matysiak Scholze U, Adham I, et al. Sall1, sall2, and sall4 are required for neural tube closure in mice. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1455-63 pubmed publisherFour homologs to the Drosophila homeotic gene spalt (sal) exist in both humans and mice (SALL1 to SALL4/Sall1 to Sall4, respectively)...
- Gnemmi V, Leteurtre E, Sudour Bonnange H, Devisme L, Guettier C, Buob D, et al. SALL4 is a marker of the embryonal subtype of hepatoblastoma. Histopathology. 2013;63:425-8 pubmed publisherb>SALL4 is a marker of germ cell tumours. The aim of this study was to investigate SALL4 expression in blastemal tumours, particularly in hepatoblastoma. The study included 12 hepatoblastomas...