Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rxrg
Description: retinoid X receptor gamma
Alias: retinoic acid receptor RXR-gamma, RXR gamma-1, nuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 3, retinoic X receptor gamma-1
- Georgiades P, Wood J, Brickell P. Retinoid X receptor-gamma gene expression is developmentally regulated in the embryonic rodent peripheral nervous system. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1998;197:477-84 pubmed..We discuss the possible significance of the timing of RXRgamma expression in the developing PNS and suggest that closer examination of the structure and function of the PNS of RXRgamma null mutant mice would be of interest. ..
- Georgiades P, Brickell P. Regulation of retinoid X receptor-gamma gene transcript levels in rat heart cells. Cell Biol Int. 1998;22:457-63 pubmed..It was shown by Northern blot experiments, that in this system, RXRgamma transcript levels are differentially influenced by these two hormones. The significance of these findings in relation to previously published work is discussed. ..
- Ryu J, Lee E, Kim T, Lee Y, Lee J, Lee B, et al. Time-response effects of testicular gene expression profiles in Sprague-Dawley male rats treated with di(n-butyl) phthalate. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2008;71:1542-9 pubmed publisher..Data thus provide some insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying DBP-induced testicular dysgenesis. ..
- Arfaoui A, Lobo M, Boulbaroud S, Ouichou A, Mesfioui A, Arenas M. Expression of retinoic acid receptors and retinoid X receptors in normal and vitamin A deficient adult rat brain. Ann Anat. 2013;195:111-21 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the brain management of retinoic acid differs between males and females, also leading to differences in their response to VAD diet in terms of receptor expression. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Choi J, Lee S, Park J, Kim D. Epigenetic inactivation of retinoid X receptor genes in non-small cell lung cancer and the relationship with clinicopathologic features. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;197:39-45 pubmed publisher..Methylation in the tumors was detected in all three genes: RXRA, 5.7%; RXRB, 4.3%; RXRG, 23.7%...
- Germain P, Chambon P, Eichele G, Evans R, Lazar M, Leid M, et al. International Union of Pharmacology. LXIII. Retinoid X receptors. Pharmacol Rev. 2006;58:760-72 pubmed..Indeed, multiple questions about the actual biological role of RXRs and the existence of an endogenous ligand have still to be answered. ..
- Chen H, Privalsky M. Cooperative formation of high-order oligomers by retinoid X receptors: an unexpected mode of DNA recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:422-6 pubmed..Thus, oligomer formation plays an important role in determining the specificity of DNA recognition by nuclear receptors and contributes to isoform-dependent differences in gene regulation. ..
- Ben Shushan E, Sharir H, Pikarsky E, Bergman Y. A dynamic balance between ARP-1/COUP-TFII, EAR-3/COUP-TFI, and retinoic acid receptor:retinoid X receptor heterodimers regulates Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1034-48 pubmed