Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RXR beta
Description: retinoid X receptor beta
Alias: RXR-beta, retinoic acid receptor RXR-beta, nuclear receptor co-regulator 1, nuclear receptor coregulator 1, nuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 2, retinoic acid receptor, beta
Products: RXR beta
- Zanaria E, Muscatelli F, Bardoni B, Strom T, Guioli S, Guo W, et al. An unusual member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily responsible for X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita. Nature. 1994;372:635-41 pubmed..DAX-1 encodes a new member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily displaying a novel DNA-binding domain. The DAX-1 product acts as a dominant negative regulator of transcription mediated by the retinoic acid receptor. ..
- Mangelsdorf D, Borgmeyer U, Heyman R, Zhou J, Ong E, Oro A, et al. Characterization of three RXR genes that mediate the action of 9-cis retinoic acid. Genes Dev. 1992;6:329-44 pubmed..This study suggests that the RXR family plays critical roles in diverse aspects of development, from embryo implantation to organogenesis and central nervous system differentiation, as well as in adult physiology. ..
- Chen H, Privalsky M. Cooperative formation of high-order oligomers by retinoid X receptors: an unexpected mode of DNA recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:422-6 pubmed..Thus, oligomer formation plays an important role in determining the specificity of DNA recognition by nuclear receptors and contributes to isoform-dependent differences in gene regulation. ..
- Arfaoui A, Lobo M, Boulbaroud S, Ouichou A, Mesfioui A, Arenas M. Expression of retinoic acid receptors and retinoid X receptors in normal and vitamin A deficient adult rat brain. Ann Anat. 2013;195:111-21 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the brain management of retinoic acid differs between males and females, also leading to differences in their response to VAD diet in terms of receptor expression. ..
- Hamada K, Gleason S, Levi B, Hirschfeld S, Appella E, Ozato K. H-2RIIBP, a member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily that binds to both the regulatory element of major histocompatibility class I genes and the estrogen response element. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8289-93 pubmed..Sequences homologous to the H-2RIIBP gene are widely conserved in the animal kingdom. H-2RIIBP mRNA is expressed in many mouse tissues, in agreement with the distribution of the natural region II factor. ..
- Cheng B, Al Shammari F, Ghader I, Sequeira F, Thakkar J, Mathew T. Fundamental studies of adrenal retinoid-X-receptor: Protein isoform, tissue expression, subcellular distribution, and ligand availability. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:110-120 pubmed publisher..The present findings not only shed light on the adrenal network of RXRs but also provide baseline information for further investigations of RXR heterodimers in the regulation of adrenal steroidogenesis. ..
- Cheung B, Yan J, Smith S, Nguyen T, Lee M, Kavallaris M, et al. Growth inhibitory retinoid effects after recruitment of retinoid X receptor beta to the retinoic acid receptor beta promoter. Int J Cancer. 2003;105:856-67 pubmed..RXRalpha may also participate in the retinoid signal, but through mechanisms that do not involve RARbeta...
- McGrane M. Vitamin A regulation of gene expression: molecular mechanism of a prototype gene. J Nutr Biochem. 2007;18:497-508 pubmed
- Ben Shushan E, Sharir H, Pikarsky E, Bergman Y. A dynamic balance between ARP-1/COUP-TFII, EAR-3/COUP-TFI, and retinoic acid receptor:retinoid X receptor heterodimers regulates Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1034-48 pubmed..RA receptor:retinoid X receptor (RAR:RXR) heterodimers, RAR alpha:RXR alpha, RAR beta:RXR alpha, and RAR beta:RXR beta, specifically bind and activate Oct-3/4 promoter through the RAREoct site in a ligand-dependent manner...