Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RT1-Db1
Description: RT1 class II, locus Db1
Alias: Db1, RT1-Db, RT1-Db1n, rano class II histocompatibility antigen, D-1 beta chain, MHC class II RT1D beta1 chain antigen, RT1 class II histocompatibility antigen, D-1 beta chain, RT1-D beta
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Kohaar I, Hussain S, Thakur N, Tiwari P, Nasare V, Batra S, et al. Association between human leukocyte antigen class II alleles and human papillomavirus-mediated cervical cancer in Indian women. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:222-9 pubmed publisher..002) as well as cervical cancer (p(c) 0.01). Therefore, we have demonstrated that HLA DR-DQ polymorphisms are involved in genetic susceptibility to cervical cancer or HPV infection in a northern Indian population. ..
- Alaez C, del Pilar Mora M, Arellanes L, Cano S, Perez Luque E, Vazquez M, et al. Strong association of HLA class II sequences in Mexicans with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada's disease. Hum Immunol. 1999;60:875-82 pubmed..One involving critical polymorphic residues expressed in different alleles. Secondly, some peptides may anchor to the conserved residues leaving other sequences to bind to the T cell receptor. ..
- Sutedja N, Otten H, Cats E, Piepers S, Veldink J, van der Pol W, et al. Increased frequency of HLA-DRB1*15 in patients with multifocal motor neuropathy. Neurology. 2010;74:828-32 pubmed publisher..Similar associations were found in patients with multiple sclerosis and women with chronic immune-mediated demyelinating neuropathy, which may suggest that these demyelinating disorders share pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Duarte R, Carvalho C, Pereira C, Bettencourt A, Carvalho A, Villar M, et al. HLA class II alleles as markers of tuberculosis susceptibility and resistance. Rev Port Pneumol. 2011;17:15-9 pubmed..However, HLA-DRB1*14 was more frequent in TB patients suggesting that it may be involved in the evolution infection towards active TB in our population. ..
- Sanchez Velasco P, Mendizabal L, Antón E, Ocejo Vinyals G, Jerez J, Leyva Cobian F. Association of hypersensitivity to the nematode Anisakis simplex with HLA class II DRB1*1502-DQB1*0601 haplotype. Hum Immunol. 2000;61:314-9 pubmed..The data suggest that this haplotype can be considered to be a susceptibility factor for hypersensitivity to A. simplex antigens. ..
- Blanco C, Sánchez García F, Torres Galván M, Dumpierrez A, Almeida L, Figueroa J, et al. Genetic basis of the latex-fruit syndrome: association with HLA class II alleles in a Spanish population. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:1070-6 pubmed..Latex-fruit allergy is associated with HLA-DQB1 *0201, DRB1 *0301, and *0901, as well as with HLA-DR functional group E, whereas latex-not-fruit allergy is associated with DQB1 *0202, and with both DRB1 *0701 and *1101 alleles. ..
- Pachot A, Monneret G, Brion A, Venet F, Bohe J, Bienvenu J, et al. Messenger RNA expression of major histocompatibility complex class II genes in whole blood from septic shock patients. Crit Care Med. 2005;33:31-8; discussion 236-7 pubmed..These results obtained at the mRNA level support previous reports describing the loss of monocyte HLA-DR at the protein level and thus confirm the potential of measuring monocyte HLA-DR in septic patient followup. ..
- Djilali Saiah I, Fakhfakh A, Louafi H, Caillat Zucman S, Debray D, Alvarez F. HLA class II influences humoral autoimmunity in patients with type 2 autoimmune hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2006;45:844-50 pubmed..The HLA-DR locus is involved in autoantibody expression, while the DQ locus appears to be a critical determinant for the development of type 2 AIH. ..
- Lara Marquez M, Yunis J, Layrisse Z, Ortega F, Carvallo Gil E, Montagnani S, et al. Immunogenetics of atopic asthma: association of DRB1*1101 DQA1*0501 DQB1*0301 haplotype with Dermatophagoides spp.-sensitive asthma in a sample of the Venezuelan population. Clin Exp Allergy. 1999;29:60-71 pubmed..05) and non-atopic (RR = 0.08) controls. Thus, it may have a protective role for developing atopic asthma in the population studied. ..
- Caliz R, Atsumi T, Kondeatis E, Amengual O, Khamashta M, Vaughan R, et al. HLA class II gene polymorphisms in antiphospholipid syndrome: haplotype analysis in 83 Caucasoid patients. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:31-6 pubmed..2, 95% confidence interval (2.2-17.6), P=0.0014, corrected P=0.042]. These alleles and haplotypes might affect anti-ss2GPI production and APS development in different and heterogeneous fashion. ..
- Zou L, Guo Y, Fang F, Jin H, Wu H, Mix E. Evidence for human leukocyte antigen-related susceptibility in idiopathic childhood ischemic stroke. Eur Neurol. 2002;48:153-7 pubmed..Transient viral or bacterial infections, which involve vasculitis and vascular occlusion in the brain, can trigger idiopathic childhood ischemic stroke on the basis of an genetic predisposition. ..
- Stanevicha V, Eglite J, Zavadska D, Sochnevs A, Shantere R, Gardovska D. HLA class II DR and DQ genotypes and haplotypes associated with rheumatic fever among a clinically homogeneous patient population of Latvian children. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R58 pubmed
- Corghi D, Gonçales N, Marques S, Goncales F. Distribution of the human leukocyte antigen class II alleles in Brazilian patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2008;41:884-9 pubmed..The HLA-DRB1*07 allele was significantly more common in HCV patients (33.3 vs 12.1%) than in controls (Pc = 0.0039), suggesting that the HLA-DRB1*07 allele is associated with chronic HCV infection. ..
- Ward M, Hendrey M, Malley J, Learch T, Davis J, Reveille J, et al. Clinical and immunogenetic prognostic factors for radiographic severity in ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;61:859-66 pubmed publisher..29). The accuracy of the prognosis of radiographic severity in AS is improved by knowing the age at disease onset, sex, smoking history, and the presence of HLA-B*4100, DRB1*0804, DQA1*0401, DQB1*0603, DRB1*0801, and DPB1*0202 alleles. ..
- Pando M, Larriba J, Fernandez G, Fainboim H, Ciocca M, Ramonet M, et al. Pediatric and adult forms of type I autoimmune hepatitis in Argentina: evidence for differential genetic predisposition. Hepatology. 1999;30:1374-80 pubmed..003). This study therefore reveals that different HLA-DRB1 allotypes confer susceptibility to AH in children and adults and raises the possibility that PAH and AAH may be triggered by different factors. ..
- Chien Y, Wu Y, Chen C, Gau S, Huang Y, Chien W, et al. Association of HLA-DRB1 alleles and neuropsychological function in autism. Psychiatr Genet. 2012;22:46-9 pubmed publisher..It warrants a replication study of a larger family sample and to validate the HLA genetic association with autism and its influence on neuropsychological function. ..
- Wägner A, Santana A, Herńndez M, Wiebe J, Novoa J, Mauricio D. Predictors of associated autoimmune diseases in families with type 1 diabetes: results from the Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2011;27:493-8 pubmed publisher..The predominance of certain HLA haplotypes suggests that specific mechanisms of disease may be involved. ..
- Esmaeilzadeh H, Nabavi M, Amirzargar A, Aryan Z, Arshi S, Bemanian M, et al. HLA-DRB and HLA-DQ genetic variability in patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2015;29:e63-9 pubmed publisher..05). Results of this study suggest that HLA-DQB1*0302 and HLA-DRB1*04 and their related haplotypes are genes involved in predisposing patients to AERD, whereas HLA-DQB1*0301 and HLA-DRB1*011 have negative association with AERD. ..
- Bonagura V, Vambutas A, DeVoti J, Rosenthal D, Steinberg B, Abramson A, et al. HLA alleles, IFN-gamma responses to HPV-11 E6, and disease severity in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:773-82 pubmed
- Zeggini E, Packham J, Donn R, Wordsworth P, Hall A, Thomson W. Association of HLA-DRB1*13 with susceptibility to uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis in two independent data sets. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006;45:972-4 pubmed..0002, odds ratio 3.4, 95% confidence interval 1.7-6.5). This study has established the HLA-DRB1*13 association with uveitis in JIA. Further work is necessary in order to explore the prognostic potential of this marker. ..
- Alves Leon S, Veluttini Pimentel M, Gouveia M, Malfetano F, Gaspareto E, Alvarenga M, et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: clinical features, HLA DRB1*1501, HLA DRB1*1503, HLA DQA1*0102, HLA DQB1*0602, and HLA DPA1*0301 allelic association study. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2009;67:643-51 pubmed..3%. The severe disability observed at EDSS onset improved in 86.66% patients. The genetic susceptibility for ADEM was significantly associated with the HLA DQB1*0602, DRB1*1501 and DRB1*1503 alleles (<0.05) in monophasic ADEM. ..
- Mackie S, Hensor E, Haugeberg G, Bhakta B, Pease C. Can the prognosis of polymyalgia rheumatica be predicted at disease onset? Results from a 5-year prospective study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010;49:716-22 pubmed publisher..Female sex and particular HLA alleles may increase the risk of late GCA. Starting patients on >15 mg prednisolone is associated with a prolonged steroid duration. ..
- Zhang Q, Lin C, Dong Q, Wang J, Wang W. Relationship between HLA-DRB1 polymorphism and susceptibility or resistance to multiple sclerosis in Caucasians: a meta-analysis of non-family-based studies. Autoimmun Rev. 2011;10:474-81 pubmed publisher..DRB1*03 is probably the only risk factor for MS besides DRB1*15 and a common genetic foundation for autoimmune disease. Targeting to these alleles may have potential values in prevention or therapy for MS in the specific population. ..
- Dzurilla M, Vrlik M, Homolová M, Buc M. No association between bronchial asthma and HLA-DRB1, -DQB1 alleles in the Slovak population. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2013;114:93-5 pubmed..2?%, HLA-DQB1*03 being the most frequent (37.2?%) and DQB1*04 stood on the opposite pole (2.3?%). By comparing to occurrence rates in the healthy population, no statistically significant differences were disclosed (Tab. 2, Ref. 16). ..
- Cao M, Thonnard J, Deggouj N, Gersdorff M, Philippe M, Osselaer J, et al. HLA class II-associated genetic susceptibility in idiopathic progressive sensorineural hearing loss. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1996;105:628-33 pubmed..The DQB1*0301 allele may have a protective role in the pathogenesis of idiopathic PSHL. These results suggest that the specific HLA class II gene products may confer susceptibility or resistance to idiopathic PSHL. ..
- Yoshizawa K, Ota M, Katsuyama Y, Ichijo T, Matsumoto A, Tanaka E, et al. Genetic analysis of the HLA region of Japanese patients with type 1 autoimmune hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2005;42:578-84 pubmed..The most influential gene on type 1 AIH pathogenesis in Japanese is the HLA-DRB1. Other genes in the HLA region, including TNF-alpha, have little or no association with type 1 AIH susceptibility. ..
- Haas J, Truckenbrodt H, Paul C, Hoza J, Scholz S, Albert E. Subtypes of HLA-DRB1*03, *08, *11, *12, *13 and *14 in early onset pauciarticular juvenile chronic arthritis (EOPA) with and without iridocyclitis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 1994;12 Suppl 10:S7-14 pubmed..The presence of DRB1*01 appears to convey some protective effect against the occurrence of iridiocylitis in EOPA-JCA, as had been previously observed by Melin-Aldana et al...
- Alfonso C, Han J, Williams G, Karlsson L. The impact of H2-DM on humoral immune responses. J Immunol. 2001;167:6348-55 pubmed..Hence, while substantial Ab responses can be raised in the absence of DM, this molecule is a crucial factor both for Ag processing and for the normal maturation of T-dependent humoral immune responses in vivo. ..
- Behrens M, Smart M, Luckey D, Luthra H, Taneja V. To B or not to B: role of B cells in pathogenesis of arthritis in HLA transgenic mice. J Autoimmun. 2011;37:95-103 pubmed publisher..Antigen presentation by B cells leads to a sex-specific immune response in DRB1*0401 mice suggesting a role of B cells and HLA-DR in rendering susceptibility to develop arthritis in females. ..
- Iliopoulou B, Guerau de Arellano M, Huber B. HLA-DR alleles determine responsiveness to Borrelia burgdorferi antigens in a mouse model of self-perpetuating arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3831-40 pubmed publisher..These observations offer an explanation for the differential genetic susceptibility of DR4+ and DR11+ individuals to the development of chronic Lyme arthritis and, eventually, the progression to antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis. ..
- Zhang F, Liu H, Chen S, Wang C, Zhu C, Zhang L, et al. Evidence for an association of HLA-DRB1*15 and DRB1*09 with leprosy and the impact of DRB1*09 on disease onset in a Chinese Han population. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:133 pubmed publisher..HLA-DRB1 alleles are associated with leprosy susceptibility in a Chinese population. The HLA-DRB1*09 allele was found to be protective exclusively in a subset of early-onset leprosy patients. ..
- Pratsidou Gertsi P, Kanakoudi Tsakalidou F, Spyropoulou M, Germenis A, Adam K, Taparkou A, et al. Nationwide collaborative study of HLA class II associations with distinct types of juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) in Greece. Eur J Immunogenet. 1999;26:299-310 pubmed..Some of them, such as the DPB1*0201 allele, confer susceptibility to certain clinical onsets and courses or complications of the disease. The rapidly advancing techniques of typing of DNA profiles may lead to more definite conclusions. ..
- Veneri D, de Matteis G, Solero P, Federici F, Zanuso C, Guizzardi E, et al. Analysis of B- and T-cell clonality and HLA class II alleles in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: correlation with Helicobacter pylori infection and response to eradication treatment. Platelets. 2005;16:307-11 pubmed..pylori-infected ITP patients, it may also help to identify different subgroups of ITP patients with probably different pathogeneses of thrombocytopenia and, finally, different responses to eradication treatment. ..
- Walter W, Lingnau K, Schmitt E, Loos M, Maeurer M. MHC class II antigen presentation pathway in murine tumours: tumour evasion from immunosurveillance?. Br J Cancer. 2000;83:1192-201 pubmed..These differences may impact on CD4+ T cell recognition of cancer cells in murine tumour models. ..
- Nishimura K, Miura H, Yasunaga Y, Takatera H, Fujioka H, Takahara S, et al. [HLA antigens in patients with testicular germ cell tumors]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 1996;42:95-9 pubmed..05). The 13 patients were typed for HLA DRB1 and DQB1 allele by PCR-RFLP analysis. The findings revealed an increased frequency of DRB1 0405 (p < 0.01) and DQB1 0401 (p < 0.01). ..
- Sastre Garau X, Cartier I, Jourdan Da Silva N, De Cremoux P, Lepage V, Charron D. Regression of low-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in patients with HLA-DRB1*13 genotype. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104:751-5 pubmed..1 [1.0-4.1] and 2.5 [1.2-5.4], respectively). A subset of approximately 15% of CIN1 highly likely to show spontaneous regression can be defined using 2 biologic parameters that characterize the viral causative agent and the host. II-2 ..
- O Hanlon T, Carrick D, Targoff I, Arnett F, Reveille J, Carrington M, et al. Immunogenetic risk and protective factors for the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: distinct HLA-A, -B, -Cw, -DRB1, and -DQA1 allelic profiles distinguish European American patients with different myositis autoantibodies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2006;85:111-27 pubmed
- Ogata T, Gregoire L, Goddard K, Skunca M, Tromp G, Lancaster W, et al. Evidence for association between the HLA-DQA locus and abdominal aortic aneurysms in the Belgian population: a case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2006;7:67 pubmed..002 with haplotype-specific score statistics). This study showed potential evidence that the HLA-DQA1 locus harbors a genetic risk factor for AAAs suggesting that autoimmunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of AAAs. ..
- Martyn M, Molis W, Jacobson R, Poland G, Weaver A, Juhn Y. Human leukocyte antigen type and progression from onset of symptoms to development of asthma. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2010;31:120-5 pubmed publisher..38) but they did not reach statistical significance. HLA type appears to influence the progression of asthma from initial symptoms to disease. Thus, genetic factors may affect the natural history of asthma. ..
- Hsieh N, Chu C, Lee N, Lee H, Lin M. Association of HLA-DRB1*0405 with resistance to multibacillary leprosy in Taiwanese. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:712-6 pubmed publisher..Although no significant associations were found with HLA-A or HLA-B antigens, this study shows a strong HLA-DRB1*0405 association with resistance to multibacillary leprosy, supporting results previously reported in the literatures. ..
- Sundqvist J, Falconer H, Seddighzadeh M, Vodolazkaia A, Fassbender A, Kyama C, et al. Endometriosis and autoimmune disease: association of susceptibility to moderate/severe endometriosis with CCL21 and HLA-DRB1. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:437-40 pubmed publisher..This study investigates the association of rheumatoid arthritis-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms in endometriosis. We found an association of CCL21 (rs2812378) and HLA-DRB1 (rs660895) with moderate to severe endometriosis. ..
- Kilmartin D, Wilson D, Liversidge J, Dick A, Bruce J, Acheson R, et al. Immunogenetics and clinical phenotype of sympathetic ophthalmia in British and Irish patients. Br J Ophthalmol. 2001;85:281-6 pubmed..This study sought to assess HLA genetic polymorphism in British and Irish patients with SO, and to assess whether HLA gene variants are associated with clinical phenotype or disease severity...
- Lüder C, Walter W, Beuerle B, Maeurer M, Gross U. Toxoplasma gondii down-regulates MHC class II gene expression and antigen presentation by murine macrophages via interference with nuclear translocation of STAT1alpha. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1475-84 pubmed..In conclusion, this novel mechanism of microbial interference with MHC class II gene expression may contribute to intracellular survival and establishment of persistent infection with T. gondii. ..
- Suzuki K, Tanaka H, Sahara H, Tanaka N, Tamura Y, Naruse T, et al. HLA class II DPB1, DQA1, DQB1, and DRB1 genotypic associations with occupational allergic cough to Bunashimeji mushroom. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:459-66 pubmed
- Luo H, Chen M, Cui Z, Yang R, Xu P, Zhou X, et al. The association of HLA-DQB1, -DQA1 and -DPB1 alleles with anti- glomerular basement membrane (GBM) disease in Chinese patients. BMC Nephrol. 2011;12:21 pubmed publisher..7 × 10-10). HLA-DPB1*0401 might be a protective allele to anti-GBM disease in Chinese patients. The combined presence of DRB1*1501 and absence of DPB1*0401 might have an even higher risk to anti-GBM disease than HLA-DRB1*1501 alone. ..
- Ghaderi A, Talei A, Gharesi Fard B, Farjadian S, Amirzargar A, Vasei M. HLA-DBR 1 alleles and the susceptibility of Iranian patients with breast cancer. Pathol Oncol Res. 2001;7:39-41 pubmed..03) compared to the control group. In addition, HLA-DRB1*11 appeared to be as the most frequent allele in the control group (29.2%) and had approximately the same distribution among the patient group (22.5%). ..
- Ellerhorst J, Hildebrand W, Cavett J, Fernandez Vina M, Hodges S, Poindexter N, et al. Heterozygosity or homozygosity for 2 HLA class II haplotypes predict favorable outcomes for renal cell carcinoma treated with cytokine therapy. J Urol. 2003;169:2084-8 pubmed
- Abbas M, Bobo L, Hsieh Y, Berka N, Dunston G, Bonney G, et al. Human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-B, DRB1, and DQB1 allotypes associated with disease and protection of trachoma endemic villagers. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1734-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, buccal swab DNA was sufficiently stable when acquired under harsh field conditions and stored long term in the freezer for low-resolution HLA typing. ..
- Kokaraki G, Daniilidis M, Yiangou M, Arsenakis M, Karyotis N, Tsilipakou M, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class II (DRB1*, DQA1*, and DQB1*) and DRB1*04 subtypes' associations of Hashimoto's thyroiditis in a Greek population. Tissue Antigens. 2009;73:199-205 pubmed publisher..Conducting the first research of this kind in a Greek population, our study tries to provide an evaluation of the prevalence of HT relating to HLA-DRB1*0405, and we report a relative risk of 2.7 for HT in a Greek population. ..
- Weinstock C, Matheis N, Barkia S, Haager M, Janson A, Markovic A, et al. Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2 shows the same HLA class II pattern as type 1 diabetes. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:317-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest a common immunogenetic pathomechanism for T1D and APS type 2, which might be different from the immunogenetic pathomechanism of other autoimmune endocrine disease. ..
- Alvarez I, Collado J, Daura X, Colome N, Rodríguez García M, Gallart T, et al. The rheumatoid arthritis-associated allele HLA-DR10 (DRB1*1001) shares part of its repertoire with HLA-DR1 (DRB1*0101) and HLA-DR4 (DRB*0401). Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:1630-9 pubmed publisher..The combination of the shared epitope present in DR1, DR4, and DR10 together with common putative arthritogenic peptide(s) could influence disease onset or outcome. ..
- Ivković Jureković I, Zunec R, Balog V, Grubic Z. The distribution of HLA alleles among children with atopic asthma in Croatia. Coll Antropol. 2011;35:1243-9 pubmed..HLA-B8, HLA-DRB1*01 and HLA-DRB1*03 genotype increases the risk for atopic asthma and high serum IgE. ..
- Molnar Gabor E, Endreffy E, Rozsasi A. HLA-DRB1, -DQA1, and -DQB1 genotypes in patients with nasal polyposis. Laryngoscope. 2000;110:422-5 pubmed..Nasal polyposis associated with asthma and aspirin sensitivity is probably a unique form of nasal polyps. The authors plan further investigations in this field. ..
- Orchard T, Chua C, Ahmad T, Cheng H, Welsh K, Jewell D. Uveitis and erythema nodosum in inflammatory bowel disease: clinical features and the role of HLA genes. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:714-8 pubmed..They are associated with genes in the HLA region, and linkage disequilibrium between these genes may account for the clinical picture of overlapping but independent clinical manifestations. ..
- Vatay A, Rajczy K, Pozsonyi E, Hosszufalusi N, Prohaszka Z, Fust G, et al. Differences in the genetic background of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) and type 1 diabetes mellitus. Immunol Lett. 2002;84:109-115 pubmed..The low presence of TNF2 allele (known to be associated with high amount of TNF alpha production) in LADA could be one of the factors responsible for the relatively slow progression. ..
- Madeleine M, Brumback B, Cushing Haugen K, Schwartz S, Daling J, Smith A, et al. Human leukocyte antigen class II and cervical cancer risk: a population-based study. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1565-74 pubmed..7; 95% CI, 0.5-1.0) and DRB1*13-DQB1*06 (OR, 0.6; 95% CI, 0.4-0.9) haplotypes. These results add to the evidence that certain HLA class II alleles or allele combinations, or genes linked to them, make some women more susceptible to SCC. ..
- Rekha P, Valluri V, Rakh S, Pantula V, Ishaq M. Association of HLA DQ B1* and HLA DR B1* alleles with goitrous juvenile autoimmune hypothyroidism--a case control study. J Clin Immunol. 2007;27:486-9 pubmed..Since the disease-susceptible HLA class II alleles appear to differ in various ethnic groups for some autoimmune diseases, the observed association from Indian series of patients holds significance. ..
- Bronson P, Komorowski L, Ramsay P, May S, Noble J, Lane J, et al. Analysis of maternal-offspring HLA compatibility, parent-of-origin effects, and noninherited maternal antigen effects for HLA-DRB1 in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1712-7 pubmed publisher..No association between maternal-offspring compatibility and SLE was observed. Maternal-offspring HLA compatibility, parent-of-origin effects, and NIMA effects at DRB1 are unlikely to play a role in SLE. ..
- Kojima Y, Takahara S, Nonomura N, Sada M, Tsuji T, Hatori M, et al. HLA-DRB genotypes in Japanese patients with renal cell carcinoma. Oncology. 2000;59:57-62 pubmed..On the other hand, the HLA-DRB1*0403 and *1202 alleles were significantly more frequent in the patients than in the controls (p < 0.001 and p < 0.01, respectively). RCC might be linked to these two alleles in Japanese patients. ..
- Philippou G, Krimitzas A, Kaltsas G, Anastasiou E, Souvatzoglou A, Alevizaki M. HLA DQA1*0501 and DRB1*0301 antigens do not independently convey susceptibility to Graves' disease. J Endocrinol Invest. 2001;24:88-91 pubmed..On the contrary, the presence of both these alleles results in a significant increase in the RR for the development of Graves' disease in the Greek population, particularly in females. ..
- Wiseman M, Orr P, MacDonald S, Schroeder M, Toole J. Actinic prurigo: clinical features and HLA associations in a Canadian Inuit population. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;44:952-6 pubmed..It also raises the question of whether AP in the Inuit is a distinct photosensitivity disorder specific to this group that has been genetically isolated because of geographic and cultural seclusion. ..
- Zhen A, Krutzik S, Levin B, Kasparian S, Zack J, Kitchen S. CD4 ligation on human blood monocytes triggers macrophage differentiation and enhances HIV infection. J Virol. 2014;88:9934-46 pubmed publisher..Our studies have identified a novel function for the CD4 molecule on peripheral monocytes in triggering macrophage development that has direct consequences for HIV infection. ..
- Goldberg A, Bittencourt P, Mougin B, Cancado E, Porta G, Carrilho F, et al. Analysis of HLA haplotypes in autoimmune hepatitis type 1: identifying the major susceptibility locus. Hum Immunol. 2001;62:165-9 pubmed
- Fain P, Babu S, Bennett D, Spritz R. HLA class II haplotype DRB1*04-DQB1*0301 contributes to risk of familial generalized vitiligo and early disease onset. Pigment Cell Res. 2006;19:51-7 pubmed..Overall, our results indicate that specific MHC-linked genetic variation contributes to risk of familial vitiligo, although HLA does not completely explain familial clustering of vitiligo-associated autoimmune/autoinflammatory diseases. ..
- Campbell J, Buckland K, McMillan S, Kearley J, Oldfield W, Stern L, et al. Peptide immunotherapy in allergic asthma generates IL-10-dependent immunological tolerance associated with linked epitope suppression. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1535-47 pubmed publisher..Our results provide, for the first time, in vivo evidence of linked epitope suppression and IL-10 induction in both human allergic disease and a mouse model designed to closely mimic peptide therapy in humans. ..
- Kouri I, Papakonstantinou S, Bempes V, Vasiliadis H, Kyritsis A, Pelidou S. HLA associations with multiple sclerosis in Greece. J Neurol Sci. 2011;308:28-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to investigate genetic susceptibility to MS in Greece. Our results are in line with previous reports in North European and North American patients. ..
- Inoko H, Mizuki N, Tanaka H, Kera J, Tsuiji K, Ohno S. Human leukocyte antigen serologic and DNA typing of Behçet's disease and its primary association with B51. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1992;33:3332-40 pubmed..They also suggested the possibility that BD was a symptom complex associated with some independent diseases. ..
- Tang J, Malhotra R, Song W, Brill I, Hu L, Farmer P, et al. Human leukocyte antigens and HIV type 1 viral load in early and chronic infection: predominance of evolving relationships. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9629 pubmed publisher..These observations can provide a useful framework for ongoing analyses of viral mutations induced by protective immune responses. ..
- Dessen A, Lawrence C, Cupo S, Zaller D, Wiley D. X-ray crystal structure of HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101, DRB1*0401) complexed with a peptide from human collagen II. Immunity. 1997;7:473-81 pubmed..A model is proposed for the DR4 recognition of collagen II (261-273), an antigen immunodominant in human-transgenic mouse models of RA. ..
- Cordovado S, Zhao Y, Warram J, Gong H, Anderson K, Hendrix M, et al. Nephropathy in type 1 diabetes is diminished in carriers of HLA-DRB1*04: the genetics of kidneys in diabetes (GoKinD) study. Diabetes. 2008;57:518-22 pubmed..Interestingly, DRB1*04 appears to be both a risk allele for type 1 diabetes and a protective allele for nephropathy. ..
- Moriguchi M, Noso S, Kawabata Y, Yamauchi T, Harada T, Komaki K, et al. Clinical and genetic characteristics of patients with autoimmune thyroid disease with anti-islet autoimmunity. Metabolism. 2011;60:761-6 pubmed publisher..Glutamic acid decarboxylase Ab positivity in AITD patients was associated with HLA, conferring susceptibility to type 1 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Lipner E, Tomer Y, Noble J, Monti M, Lonsdale J, Corso B, et al. HLA class I and II alleles are associated with microvascular complications of type 1 diabetes. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:538-44 pubmed publisher..27; p=0.008) suggested a strong positive association with complications. Our results show that in type 1 diabetes patients, specific HLA alleles may be involved in susceptibility to, or protection from, microvascular complications. ..
- Kim I, Kim S, Kim E, Kim S, Sohn S, Lee S, et al. Korean Red Ginseng Up-regulates C21-Steroid Hormone Metabolism via Cyp11a1 Gene in Senescent Rat Testes. J Ginseng Res. 2011;35:272-82 pubmed publisher..were up-regulated and 20 genes (RT1-Db1, Cldn5, Svs5, Degs1, Vdac3, Hbb, LOC684355, Svs5, Tmem97, Orai1, Insl3, LOC497959, etc...
- Sharma S, Turaga K, Balamurugan A, Saha P, Pandey R, Jain N, et al. Clinical and genetic risk factors for the development of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis in non-HIV infected patients at a tertiary care center in India: a case-control study. Infect Genet Evol. 2003;3:183-8 pubmed..2; 95% CI [2.1-31.3]) as independent predictors of MDR-TB. Our results suggest that a combination of clinical and immunogenetic parameters could provide better information on drug resistance in tuberculosis with implications in therapy. ..
- Qiu W, Wu J, Castley A, James I, Joseph J, Christiansen F, et al. Clinical profile and HLA-DRB1 genotype of late onset multiple sclerosis in Western Australia. J Clin Neurosci. 2010;17:1009-13 pubmed publisher..We concluded that patients with LOMS have a different clinical profile when compared to those with EOMS. Carriers of HLA-DRB1 *0801 may be more prone to develop MS at a later age. ..
- Mignot E, Lin L, Rogers W, Honda Y, Qiu X, Lin X, et al. Complex HLA-DR and -DQ interactions confer risk of narcolepsy-cataplexy in three ethnic groups. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:686-99 pubmed..Together with the recent hypocretin discoveries, these findings are consistent with an immunologically mediated destruction of hypocretin-containing cells in human narcolepsy-cataplexy...
- Khare M, Mangalam A, Rodriguez M, David C. HLA DR and DQ interaction in myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in HLA class II transgenic mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;169:1-12 pubmed..The use of defined single and double HLA transgenic mice may reveal the intricate interactions between class II molecules in human disease. ..
- Laki J, Laki I, Nemeth K, Ujhelyi R, Bede O, Endreffy E, et al. The 8.1 ancestral MHC haplotype is associated with delayed onset of colonization in cystic fibrosis. Int Immunol. 2006;18:1585-90 pubmed..0001) longer colonization-free period compared with non-carriers. Our novel observations demonstrate that the 8.1AH is associated with delayed onset of colonization in CF, presumably by influencing defense mechanisms against infections. ..
- Darlington P, Tallstedt L, Padyukov L, Kockum I, Cederlund K, Eklund A, et al. HLA-DRB1* alleles and symptoms associated with Heerfordt's syndrome in sarcoidosis. Eur Respir J. 2011;38:1151-7 pubmed publisher..0001). HLA-DRB1*04 seems to protect against overall sarcoidosis but appears to be a significant risk factor for ocular sarcoidosis as well as for other manifestations associated with HS. ..
- Xie Y, Qu Y, Sun L, Li H, Zhang H, Shi H, et al. Association between HLA-DRB1 and myasthenia gravis in a northern Han Chinese population. J Clin Neurosci. 2011;18:1524-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HLA-DRB1(*)09 might be positively associated and DRB1(*)08 negatively associated with MG in the northern Han Chinese population. ..
- Adamus G, Brown L, Andrew S, Meza Romero R, Burrows G, Vandenbark A. Neuroprotective effects of recombinant T-cell receptor ligand in autoimmune optic neuritis in HLA-DR2 mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:406-12 pubmed publisher..However, to achieve full therapeutic benefit, more doses may be needed. These findings suggest a possible clinical application of this novel class of T-cell-tolerizing drugs for patients with optic neuritis. ..
- Kastelan S, Tomić M, Salopek Rabatic J, Pavan J, Lukenda A, Gotovac M, et al. The association between the HLA system and retinopathy development in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Coll Antropol. 2013;37 Suppl 1:65-70 pubmed..29 and DQB1*0302 (RR = 2.84). However, a strong positive correlation between DR and alles DRB1*0301 (RR = 2.12) and DRB1*0402 (RR = 3.01) was also found. ..
- Morgan A, Robinson J, Barrett J, Martin J, Walker A, Babbage S, et al. Association of FCGR2A and FCGR2A-FCGR3A haplotypes with susceptibility to giant cell arteritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R109 pubmed..These findings may ultimately provide new insights into disease pathogenesis. ..
- Nizhevich A, Shcherbakov P, Akhmadeeva E, Sataev V, Elicheva Z, Usmanova I, et al. [Immune polymorphism analysis of HLA class II antigens in ulcer diseases associated with Helicobacter pylori in children]. Eksp Klin Gastroenterol. 2010;:58-63 pubmed..pylori infection independently of clinical outcome. At the same time, HLA-DRB1*17 allele might be associated with susceptible gene to peptic ulcer formation among H. pylori-positive children. ..
- Shams S, Amirzargar A, Yousefi M, Rezaei N, Solgi G, Khosravi F, et al. HLA class II (DRB, DQA1 and DQB1) allele and haplotype frequencies in the patients with pemphigus vulgaris. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:175-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic factors are involved in the occurrence of PV; HLA-DRB1*04 and -DRB1*1401 alleles and the related haplotypes are suggestive to be two major PV susceptibility factors in our population study. ..
- Thomson G, Marthandan N, Hollenbach J, Mack S, Erlich H, Single R, et al. Sequence feature variant type (SFVT) analysis of the HLA genetic association in juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Pac Symp Biocomput. 2010;:359-70 pubmed..These are (in numeric order): AAs 13 (pockets 4 and 6), 37 and 57 (both pocket 9), 67 (pocket 7), 74 (pocket 4), and 86 (pocket 1), and to a lesser extent 30 (pockets 6 and 7) and 71 (pockets 4, 5, and 7). ..