Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RT1-Bb
Description: RT1 class II, locus Bb
Alias: RT1.B, rano class II histocompatibility antigen, B-1 beta chain, MHC class II antigen B beta chain, RT1 class II histocompatibility antigen, B-1 beta chain, RT1.B-beta(1), RT1.Bbeta 1
- Kang H, Fei H, Saito I, Sawada S, Chen S, Yi D, et al. Comparison of HLA class II genes in Caucasoid, Chinese, and Japanese patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome. J Immunol. 1993;150:3615-23 pubmed..However, a shared amino acid motif in the DQB1 first domain was present in each disease-associated haplotype. ..
- Hardie R, Luo M, Bruneau B, Knight E, Nagelkerke N, Kimani J, et al. Human leukocyte antigen-DQ alleles and haplotypes and their associations with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection. AIDS. 2008;22:807-16 pubmed publisher..The associations of DQ alleles and haplotypes with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 emphasize the importance of human leukocyte antigen-DQ and CD4 in anti-HIV-1 immunity. ..
- Praditpornsilpa K, Kupatawintu P, Mongkonsritagoon W, Supasyndh O, Jootar S, Intarakumthornchai T, et al. The association of anti-r-HuEpo-associated pure red cell aplasia with HLA-DRB1*09-DQB1*0309. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:1545-9 pubmed publisher..89 (95% CI: 1.88-4.46; p-value: <0.001). Our data demonstrated the association of HLA-DRB1*09-DQB1*0309 and anti-r-HuEpo associated PRCA cases. This association may be used in identifying the risk of the patients. ..
- Kokaraki G, Daniilidis M, Yiangou M, Arsenakis M, Karyotis N, Tsilipakou M, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class II (DRB1*, DQA1*, and DQB1*) and DRB1*04 subtypes' associations of Hashimoto's thyroiditis in a Greek population. Tissue Antigens. 2009;73:199-205 pubmed publisher..Conducting the first research of this kind in a Greek population, our study tries to provide an evaluation of the prevalence of HT relating to HLA-DRB1*0405, and we report a relative risk of 2.7 for HT in a Greek population. ..
- Dalchau R, Fangmann J, Fabre J. Allorecognition of isolated, denatured chains of class I and class II major histocompatibility complex molecules. Evidence for an important role for indirect allorecognition in transplantation. Eur J Immunol. 1992;22:669-77 pubmed..These data suggest that indirect allorecognition can play an important role in the effector mechanisms of allograft rejection, and demonstrate T helper priming as one possible mechanism whereby this might be effective. ..
- Gunther E, Walter L. The major histocompatibility complex of the rat (Rattus norvegicus). Immunogenetics. 2001;53:520-42 pubmed..Elucidation of the RT1 complex provides important information for using the rat as a model of experimental transplantation and complex diseases. ..
- Liljedahl M, Winqvist O, Surh C, Wong P, Ngo K, Teyton L, et al. Altered antigen presentation in mice lacking H2-O. Immunity. 1998;8:233-43 pubmed..This effect may serve to decrease the presentation of antigens internalized by fluid-phase endocytosis, thus concentrating the B cell-mediated antigen presentation to antigens internalized by membrane immunoglobulin. ..
- Barrera L, Kramnik I, Skamene E, Radzioch D. I-A beta gene expression regulation in macrophages derived from mice susceptible or resistant to infection with M. bovis BCG. Mol Immunol. 1997;34:343-55 pubmed..Overall, our data suggest that both transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulatory mechanisms are responsible for the more efficient expression of I-A beta gene in macrophages carrying a resistant allele of Nramp1 gene. ..
- Santamaria P, Barbosa J, Lindstrom A, Lemke T, Goetz F, Rich S. HLA-DQB1-associated susceptibility that distinguishes Hashimoto's thyroiditis from Graves' disease in type I diabetic patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994;78:878-83 pubmed..This risk may be influenced by the alleles carried on the second haplotype, with DQB1*0302 (or a closely linked gene) protecting from Hashimoto's thyroiditis and favoring Graves' disease. ..
- Hodak E, Klein T, Gabay B, Ben Amitai D, Bergman R, Gdalevich M, et al. Familial mycosis fungoides: report of 6 kindreds and a study of the HLA system. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005;52:393-402 pubmed..This familial clustering, together with the detection of certain HLA class II alleles with this malignancy (sporadic and familial), suggests that genetic factors may play a role in MF. ..
- Orouji E, Tavakkol Afshari J, Badiee Z, Shirdel A, Alipour A. Association between HLA-DQB1 gene and patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Int J Hematol. 2012;95:551-5 pubmed publisher..We suggest that DQ5 could be more strongly considered as an ALL susceptibility allele, and that this allele may underlie a pathogenic phenotype with a major role in the immunologic process involved in both adults and children with ALL. ..
- Sánchez Marín L, Bross Soriano D, Arrieta J, Kawa Karasik S, Martínez Vilchis V, Jiménez Lucio R, et al. Association of HLA-DQA1*03011-DQB1*0301 haplotype with the development of respiratory scleroma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;136:481-3 pubmed..There is only one report of RS association with HLA-DQ3. In this study, molecular association of HLA class II and RS was determined...
- Wang M, Xing Z, Yu D, Yan Z, Yu L. Association between HLA class II locus and the susceptibility to Artemisia pollen-induced allergic rhinitis in Chinese population. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:192-6 pubmed..HLA-DQA1*0201, DQB1*0602 alleles may be a protective factor and DQA1*0302 may be a susceptible factor for Artemisia pollen-induced allergic rhinitis. ..
- Bonagura V, Vambutas A, DeVoti J, Rosenthal D, Steinberg B, Abramson A, et al. HLA alleles, IFN-gamma responses to HPV-11 E6, and disease severity in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:773-82 pubmed
- Zou L, Guo Y, Fang F, Jin H, Wu H, Mix E. Evidence for human leukocyte antigen-related susceptibility in idiopathic childhood ischemic stroke. Eur Neurol. 2002;48:153-7 pubmed..Transient viral or bacterial infections, which involve vasculitis and vascular occlusion in the brain, can trigger idiopathic childhood ischemic stroke on the basis of an genetic predisposition. ..
- Alfonso C, Han J, Williams G, Karlsson L. The impact of H2-DM on humoral immune responses. J Immunol. 2001;167:6348-55 pubmed..Hence, while substantial Ab responses can be raised in the absence of DM, this molecule is a crucial factor both for Ag processing and for the normal maturation of T-dependent humoral immune responses in vivo. ..
- Goforth R, Rennke H, Sethi S. Renal vascular sclerosis is associated with inherited thrombophilias. Kidney Int. 2006;70:743-50 pubmed..001 compared to controls). These findings indicate that renal vascular lesions, in the absence of diabetes, hypertension, or smoking appears to be associated with inherited thrombophilias. ..
- Al Ola K, Mahdi N, Al Subaie A, Ali M, Al Absi I, Almawi W. Evidence for HLA class II susceptible and protective haplotypes for osteomyelitis in pediatric patients with sickle cell anemia. Tissue Antigens. 2008;71:453-7 pubmed publisher..These results show that specific HLA haplotypes influence SCA osteomyelitis risk and that specific HLA types may serve as markers for identifying SCA patients at high risk for osteomyelitis. ..
- Shichishima T, Okamoto M, Ikeda K, Kaneshige T, Sugiyama H, Terasawa T, et al. HLA class II haplotype and quantitation of WT1 RNA in Japanese patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. Blood. 2002;100:22-8 pubmed..In addition, high expression of WT1 RNA in PNH patients is related to a PNH clone, but it remains unclear whether this causes expansion of a PNH clone. ..
- Maciel L, Rodrigues S, Dibbern R, Navarro P, Donadi E. Association of the HLA-DRB1*0301 and HLA-DQA1*0501 alleles with Graves' disease in a population representing the gene contribution from several ethnic backgrounds. Thyroid. 2001;11:31-5 pubmed
- Syha Jedelhauser J, Wendling U, Reske K. Complete coding nucleotide sequence of cDNA for the class II RT1.B beta I chain of the Lewis rat. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1089:414-6 pubmed..B beta I-chain. ..
- Wong G, Cheng S, Dorman J. The HLA-DQ associations with Graves' disease in Chinese children. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1999;50:493-5 pubmed..This study confirms that DQB1*0303 is a race-specific susceptible allele for Graves' disease in Chinese. Both susceptible and protective HLA-DQ alleles for Graves' disease in Chinese children are different from those in Caucasians. ..
- Karlsson L, Peleraux A, Lindstedt R, Liljedahl M, Peterson P. Reconstitution of an operational MHC class II compartment in nonantigen-presenting cells. Science. 1994;266:1569-73 pubmed..The data presented show that H-2M, class II, and li are the minimally required components for efficient formation of stable class II-peptide complexes, and thus for a functional class II compartment. ..
- Kouri I, Papakonstantinou S, Bempes V, Vasiliadis H, Kyritsis A, Pelidou S. HLA associations with multiple sclerosis in Greece. J Neurol Sci. 2011;308:28-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to investigate genetic susceptibility to MS in Greece. Our results are in line with previous reports in North European and North American patients. ..
- Ward M, Hendrey M, Malley J, Learch T, Davis J, Reveille J, et al. Clinical and immunogenetic prognostic factors for radiographic severity in ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;61:859-66 pubmed publisher..29). The accuracy of the prognosis of radiographic severity in AS is improved by knowing the age at disease onset, sex, smoking history, and the presence of HLA-B*4100, DRB1*0804, DQA1*0401, DQB1*0603, DRB1*0801, and DPB1*0202 alleles. ..
- Guo X, Ni P, Li L. [Association between asthma and the polymorphism of HLA-DQ genes]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2001;24:139-41 pubmed..0%) in asthma family (t = 2.382 5, P < 0.05). HLA-DQA1* 0101, DQA1 * 0601 and HLA-DQB1 * 0303, DQB1 * 0601 may be the susceptible alleles of asthma. HLA-DQB1 * 0201 allele may limit the specific IgE response to dermatophagoides. ..
- Boehncke W, Loeliger C, Kuehnl P, Kalbacher H, Böhm B, Gall H. Identification of HLA-DR and -DQ alleles conferring susceptibility to pollen allergy and pollen associated food allergy. Clin Exp Allergy. 1998;28:434-41 pubmed..Our observations provide evidence for the major importance of antigen presentation on the manifestation of distinct crossreactivity patterns. ..
- Voorter C, Drent M, Hoitsma E, Faber K, van den Berg Loonen E. Association of HLA DQB1 0602 in sarcoidosis patients with small fiber neuropathy. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2005;22:129-32 pubmed..This association might be correlated with a severe course of the disease. ..
- Shams S, Amirzargar A, Yousefi M, Rezaei N, Solgi G, Khosravi F, et al. HLA class II (DRB, DQA1 and DQB1) allele and haplotype frequencies in the patients with pemphigus vulgaris. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:175-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic factors are involved in the occurrence of PV; HLA-DRB1*04 and -DRB1*1401 alleles and the related haplotypes are suggestive to be two major PV susceptibility factors in our population study. ..
- Khare M, Mangalam A, Rodriguez M, David C. HLA DR and DQ interaction in myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in HLA class II transgenic mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;169:1-12 pubmed..The use of defined single and double HLA transgenic mice may reveal the intricate interactions between class II molecules in human disease. ..
- Yousefipour G, Salami Z, Farjadian S. Association of HLA-DQA1*0101/2 and DQB1*0502 with myasthenia gravis in southern Iranian patients. Iran J Immunol. 2009;6:99-102 pubmed publisher..According to the results of this study, DQA1*0101/2 and DQB1*0502 alleles might be considered as predisposing genetic factors to myasthenia gravis while DQA1*0501, DQB1*0301 and *0602/3 show protective roles against this disease. ..
- Nakao S, Takamatsu H, Chuhjo T, Ueda M, Shiobara S, Matsuda T, et al. Identification of a specific HLA class II haplotype strongly associated with susceptibility to cyclosporine-dependent aplastic anemia. Blood. 1994;84:4257-61 pubmed
- Fan X, Li J, Yao S, Yan J, Li C, Ma Q. [Relationship between pneumoconiosis and the polymorphisms of HLA-DRB1*, DQB1* genes]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2005;23:278-81 pubmed..HLA-DRB1*08 allele may be the susceptible risk gene for pneumoconiosis. HLA-DQB1*06 may be the protective gene against developing pneumoconiosis. ..
- Djilali Saiah I, Fakhfakh A, Louafi H, Caillat Zucman S, Debray D, Alvarez F. HLA class II influences humoral autoimmunity in patients with type 2 autoimmune hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2006;45:844-50 pubmed..The HLA-DR locus is involved in autoantibody expression, while the DQ locus appears to be a critical determinant for the development of type 2 AIH. ..
- Wang L, Wang C, Chu C, Lee H, Ho H, Liang D, et al. Primary autoimmune neutropenia in children in Taiwan. Transfusion. 2009;49:1003-6 pubmed publisher..48; p = 0.0002; p(c) = 0.003) allele. In Taiwan, autoimmune neutropenia in children is associated with HLA-DQB1*0503. The autoantibody in autoimmune neutropenia is most commonly anti-HNA-1a. ..
- Baba Y, Doi K. MHC class II-related genes expression in porcine-serum-induced rat hepatic fibrosis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004;77:214-21 pubmed..MHC class II is considered to be involved in the initiation of PS-induced hepatic fibrosis in rats. ..
- Jeong J, Hong S, Shin Y, Han J, Lee S. HLA-DQB1 allele and hypocretin in Korean narcoleptics with cataplexy. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22:127-31 pubmed
- Schubert M, Hutcheson P, Graff R, Santiago L, Slavin R. HLA-DQB1 *03 in allergic fungal sinusitis and other chronic hypertrophic rhinosinusitis disorders. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:1376-83 pubmed..However, they differ in DQB1 *03 allelic variant frequencies, suggesting several potential roles for MHC class II in their immunopathogenesis. ..
- Celada A, Gil P, McKercher S, Maki R. Identification of a transcription factor that binds to the S box of the I-A beta gene of the major histocompatibility complex. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 3):737-44 pubmed..A prominent protein of 43 kDa was found that bound specifically to the S-box sequence. ..
- Blanco C, Sánchez García F, Torres Galván M, Dumpierrez A, Almeida L, Figueroa J, et al. Genetic basis of the latex-fruit syndrome: association with HLA class II alleles in a Spanish population. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:1070-6 pubmed..Latex-fruit allergy is associated with HLA-DQB1 *0201, DRB1 *0301, and *0901, as well as with HLA-DR functional group E, whereas latex-not-fruit allergy is associated with DQB1 *0202, and with both DRB1 *0701 and *1101 alleles. ..
- Liljedahl M, Kuwana T, Fung Leung W, Jackson M, Peterson P, Karlsson L. HLA-DO is a lysosomal resident which requires association with HLA-DM for efficient intracellular transport. EMBO J. 1996;15:4817-24 pubmed..The DO-DM complexes survive in the lysosomal system suggesting that DO and DM functions may be intertwined. ..
- Nomura S, Matsuzaki T, Yamaoka M, Ozaki Y, Nagahama M, Yoshimura C, et al. Genetic analysis of HLA- and HPA-typing in idiopathic (autoimmune) thrombocytopenic purpura patients treated with cepharanthin. Autoimmunity. 1999;30:99-105 pubmed..These findings suggest that genetic studies of HLA and HPA can predict the response of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura to cepharanthin. ..
- Adamus G, Burrows G, Vandenbark A, Offner H. Treatment of autoimmune anterior uveitis with recombinant TCR ligands. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2555-61 pubmed..These findings suggest a possible clinical application of this novel class of peptide/MHC class II constructs in patients with AU that is mediated by T-cell responses to known antigenic peptides. ..
- Shankarkumar U, Pawar A, Ghosh K, Bajpai S, Pazare A. Human leucocyte antigen class II DRB1 and DQB1 associations in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients of Mumbai, India. Int J Immunogenet. 2010;37:199-204 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate clearly that there are HLA class II alleles involved in the susceptibility to and protection from HIV-1 infection in our study group and further they vary in different ethnic groups reported in literature. ..
- Sánchez Velasco P, Antón E, Munoz D, Martínez Quesada J, Ruiz de Alegría C, Lopez Hoyos M, et al. Sensitivity to bee venom antigen phospholipase A2: association with specific HLA class I and class II alleles and haplotypes in beekeepers and allergic patients. Hum Immunol. 2005;66:818-25 pubmed..02) were significantly increased in the former. These observations emphasize the importance of the DRB1*0103-DQA1*0101-DQB1*0501 haplotype as a strong candidate for susceptibility to vbPLA2 hypersensitivity, at least in our region. ..
- Bao R, Chen C, Fang J, Huang S. [Association of the relationship between HLA-DQB1 alleles and major beta-thalassemia in 42 guangdong Chinese]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2002;10:87-8 pubmed..0%) was higher than that in the control group (4.4%) kappa(2) = 8.961, p < 0.01). Our data suggests that HLA-DQB1*06 allele is associated with pathogenesis of the major beta-thalassemia in Guangdong area. ..
- Burrows G, Bebo B, Adlard K, Vandenbark A, Offner H. Two-domain MHC class II molecules form stable complexes with myelin basic protein 69-89 peptide that detect and inhibit rat encephalitogenic T cells and treat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 1998;161:5987-96 pubmed..This new class of small soluble polypeptide may provide a template for designing human homologues useful in detecting and regulating potentially autopathogenic T cells. ..
- Gundogdu F, Islamoglu Y, Pirim I, Gurlertop Y, Dogan H, Arslan S, et al. Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I and II alleles in Turkish patients with rheumatic heart disease. J Heart Valve Dis. 2007;16:293-9 pubmed..HLA-B51, -Cw*4 and -DRB1*01 appeared to be more common in control subjects. ..
- Esmaeilzadeh H, Nabavi M, Amirzargar A, Aryan Z, Arshi S, Bemanian M, et al. HLA-DRB and HLA-DQ genetic variability in patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2015;29:e63-9 pubmed publisher..05). Results of this study suggest that HLA-DQB1*0302 and HLA-DRB1*04 and their related haplotypes are genes involved in predisposing patients to AERD, whereas HLA-DQB1*0301 and HLA-DRB1*011 have negative association with AERD. ..
- Celada A, Klemsz M, Maki R. Interferon-gamma activates multiple pathways to regulate the expression of the genes for major histocompatibility class II I-A beta, tumor necrosis factor and complement component C3 in mouse macrophages. Eur J Immunol. 1989;19:1103-9 pubmed..Based on these observations, we conclude that IFN-gamma must activate multiple pathways to regulate gene expression in macrophages. ..
- Russell J, Pontzer C, Johnson H. The I-A beta b region (65-85) is a binding site for the superantigen, staphylococcal enterotoxin A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;168:696-701 pubmed..Further, the data suggest that the same helical region of other Ia antigens binds SEA irrespective of haplotype and species. ..
- Li X, Zhang K, Fan Y, Chen X, Zuo J, Pan X, et al. [HLA-DQ molecules associated with myasthenia gravis in Chinese patients]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 1999;26:295-300 pubmed..990, Pc = 0.0307), and a negative association was found for DQA1 * 0501 (RR = 0.4166, Pc = 0.0315). DQ haplotype DQA1 * 0301-DQB1 * 0302 was significantly increased in patients when compared to controls (RR = 7.727, Pc = 0.0109). ..
- Caliz R, Atsumi T, Kondeatis E, Amengual O, Khamashta M, Vaughan R, et al. HLA class II gene polymorphisms in antiphospholipid syndrome: haplotype analysis in 83 Caucasoid patients. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:31-6 pubmed..2, 95% confidence interval (2.2-17.6), P=0.0014, corrected P=0.042]. These alleles and haplotypes might affect anti-ss2GPI production and APS development in different and heterogeneous fashion. ..
- Castro F, Acevedo E, Ciusani E, Angulo J, Wollheim F, Sandberg Wollheim M. Tumour necrosis factor microsatellites and HLA-DRB1*, HLA-DQA1*, and HLA-DQB1* alleles in Peruvian patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2001;60:791-5 pubmed..TNFalpha6 and HLA-DRB1*1402 independently conferred significantly increased risk in Peruvian mestizo patients. ..
- Levinson R, Park M, Rikkers S, Reed E, Smith J, Martin T, et al. Strong associations between specific HLA-DQ and HLA-DR alleles and the tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis syndrome. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:653-7 pubmed
- Pani M, Seidl C, Bieda K, Seissler J, Krause M, Seifried E, et al. Preliminary evidence that an endogenous retroviral long-terminal repeat (LTR13) at the HLA-DQB1 gene locus confers susceptibility to Addison's disease. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002;56:773-7 pubmed..LTR13 appears to enhance HLA-DQ8 mediated disease risk. This retroviral insertion therefore might represent a novel susceptibility factor in Addison's disease, but these findings need to be confirmed in a larger data set. ..
- Khazaee M, Tavakol Afshari J, Khazaee B, Daneshvar R, Akbarzadeh J, Khazaee L, et al. HLA-DQB1 subtypes predict diabetic retinopathy in patients with type I diabetes mellitus. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:638-45 pubmed..To investigate if diabetic patients without diabetic retinopathy despite long disease duration have different human leukocyte antigen (HLA) status vs those with an early onset of retinopathy...
- Scully M, Brown J, Patel R, McDonald V, Brown C, Machin S. Human leukocyte antigen association in idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: evidence for an immunogenetic link. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:257-62 pubmed publisher..This provides the first description of a genetic factor predicting the risk of developing acquired antibody-mediated TTP. ..
- Archakova L, Skvortsova L, Knoring B, Pavlova M. [Immunogenetic aspects of the course and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis]. Probl Tuberk Bolezn Legk. 2008;:34-7 pubmed..The totality of immunological parameters and the data of genetic studies provide a basis for using the selective immunomodulator rIL-2 (roncoleukin) in the most seriously ill patients who are carriers of specificity 05. ..
- Min H, Liu Y, Niu N, Zhang M, Zhu X, Zhao J. [Polymorphism of HLA-DQB1 alleles in Chinese Han patients with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome]. Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi. 2007;43:355-60 pubmed..HLA-DQB1*0601 and HLA-DQB1*0302 are resistant to VKH. This is the first report that associates HLA-DQB1*0302 with resistant of VKH. (2) PCR-SSP is a rapid method for typing the HLA-DQB1 alleles and can be used routinely. ..
- Sharma S, Turaga K, Balamurugan A, Saha P, Pandey R, Jain N, et al. Clinical and genetic risk factors for the development of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis in non-HIV infected patients at a tertiary care center in India: a case-control study. Infect Genet Evol. 2003;3:183-8 pubmed..2; 95% CI [2.1-31.3]) as independent predictors of MDR-TB. Our results suggest that a combination of clinical and immunogenetic parameters could provide better information on drug resistance in tuberculosis with implications in therapy. ..
- Katahira M, Segawa S, Maeda H, Yasuda Y. Effect of human leukocyte antigen class II genes on acute-onset and slow-onset type 1 diabetes in the Japanese population. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:789-94 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there potentially are hierarchies for predisposing haplotypes, namely, DR13 > DR4 > DR9 > DR8 and for protective haplotypes, namely, DRB1*1501-DQB1*0602 > DRB1*1502-DQB1*0601. ..
- Ursum J, van der Weijden M, van Schaardenburg D, Prins A, Dijkmans B, Twisk J, et al. IL10 GGC haplotype is positively and HLA-DQA1*05-DQB1*02 is negatively associated with radiographic progression in undifferentiated arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:1431-8 pubmed publisher..The SE and the IL10 GGC haplotype are associated with severe progression of radiographic damage, in contrast to the DQA1*05-DQB1*02 haplotype and the TNF -308A allele, which are associated with mild radiographic progression in early UA. ..
- Lee A, Bateman A, Turner S, Theaker J, Howell W. HLA class II DRB1 and DQB1 allelic polymorphism and sclerosing lymphocytic lobulitis of the breast. J Clin Pathol. 1999;52:445-9 pubmed..The increased frequency of HLA DRB1*04 in sclerosing lymphocytic lobulitis appears to reflect its association with IDDM, a condition in which DRB1*04 is increased in frequency. ..
- Xi Lin Z, Te D, Jun Hong L, Liang Ping L, Xin Hui G, Ji Rong G, et al. Analysis of HLA-DQB1 gene polymorphisms in asymptomatic HBV carriers and chronic hepatitis B patients in the Chinese Han population. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:249-54 pubmed..004). HLA-DQB1*0503 allele and *0303 allele are independently resistant genetic factors to chronic hepatitis B, and alcohol consumption is the risk factor of chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Monsuur A, de Bakker P, Zhernakova A, Pinto D, Verduijn W, Romanos J, et al. Effective detection of human leukocyte antigen risk alleles in celiac disease using tag single nucleotide polymorphisms. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2270 pubmed publisher..996 and the predictive value >0.948. Our results show that this tag SNP method is very accurate and provides an excellent basis for population screening for CD. This method is broadly applicable in European populations. ..
- Ross I, Boulle A, Soule S, Levitt N, Pirie F, Karlsson A, et al. Autoimmunity predominates in a large South African cohort with Addison's disease of mainly European descent despite long-standing disease and is associated with HLA DQB*0201. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2010;73:291-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 21-hydroxylase autoantibodies were detectable in a higher proportion than adrenocortical autoantibodies, especially in those patients with a long history after disease onset. ..
- Mohd Yusuf Y, Phipps M, Chow S, Yeap S. HLA-A*11 and novel associations in Malays and Chinese with systemic lupus erythematosus. Immunol Lett. 2011;139:68-72 pubmed publisher..However, unequivocal evidence of these associations would require investigation of substantially larger cohorts. On the whole, our findings suggest that HLA allele associations with SLE are race specific in Malays and Chinese. ..
- Movahedi M, Moin M, Gharagozlou M, Aghamohammadi A, Dianat S, Moradi B, et al. Association of HLA class II alleles with childhood asthma and Total IgE levels. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;7:215-20 pubmed publisher..As asthma and atopy are multifactorial disorders, probably HLA genes are involved in the regulation of immune specific responses to common allergen. ..
- Alves Leon S, Veluttini Pimentel M, Gouveia M, Malfetano F, Gaspareto E, Alvarenga M, et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: clinical features, HLA DRB1*1501, HLA DRB1*1503, HLA DQA1*0102, HLA DQB1*0602, and HLA DPA1*0301 allelic association study. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2009;67:643-51 pubmed..3%. The severe disability observed at EDSS onset improved in 86.66% patients. The genetic susceptibility for ADEM was significantly associated with the HLA DQB1*0602, DRB1*1501 and DRB1*1503 alleles (<0.05) in monophasic ADEM. ..
- Tuncel J, Haag S, Yau A, Norin U, Baud A, LÃ¶nnblom E, et al. Natural polymorphisms in Tap2 influence negative selection and CD4âˆ¶CD8 lineage commitment in the rat. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004151 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study showing how a recombination between natural alleles of genes in the MHC influences lineage commitment of T cells. ..
- Eller E, Vardi P, McFann K, Babu S, Yu L, Bugawan T, et al. Differential effects of DRB1*0301 and DQA1*0501-DQB1*0201 on the activation and progression of islet cell autoimmunity. Genes Immun. 2007;8:628-33 pubmed..Overall, our results emphasize the importance of prospective genetic studies that examine the full range of variation in the initiation, progression and expression of autoimmune disease. ..
- Yamashita S, Wakazono K, Sugimura T, Ushijima T. Profiling and selection of genes differentially expressed in the pylorus of rat strains with different proliferative responses and stomach cancer susceptibility. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:923-8 pubmed
- Ruiz de León A, Mendoza J, Sevilla Mantilla C, Fernández A, Pérez de la Serna J, Gónzalez V, et al. Myenteric antiplexus antibodies and class II HLA in achalasia. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:15-9 pubmed..17 and OR = 5.82, respectively). All of the women and 66.7% of the men with achalasia and the DQB1*0603 allele or the DQA1*0103-DQB1*0603 heterodimer were positive for antibodies. ..
- Rezaieyazdi Z, Tavakkol Afshari J, Esmaili E, Orouji E, Pezeshkpour F, Khodadoost M, et al. Association of HLA-DQB1 allelic sequence variation with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;7:91-5 pubmed publisher..The association supports the importance of ethnic background and indicates the importance of various genes that has been observed in different SLE populations. ..
- Karakis G, Sin B, Tutkak H, Kose K, Misirligil Z. Genetic aspect of venom allergy: association with HLA class I and class II antigens. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2010;17:119-23 pubmed..058, respectively). HLA -B*18 and HLA -Cw*07 alleles may probably be associated with susceptibility to venom allergy, whereas HLA -A*03, HLA -Cw*03 and HLA -DQB1*03 seem to be protective markers in a small Turkish population. ..
- Li X, Ji B, Zhu D, Geng Z, Chu R. [Studies of the association of pathological myopia in Chinese patients with HLA alleles]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2000;27:189-94 pubmed..0818 vs. 0.4300, 0.3100). DQB1*05.32, *0504 and *0605 can not be detected. The association of PM with DQB1 was found for the first time in the world, which has great significance both to theoretical study and to clinical diagnosis. ..
- Yada A, Ebihara S, Matsumura K, Endo S, Maeda T, Nakamura A, et al. Accelerated antigen presentation and elicitation of humoral response in vivo by FcgammaRIIB- and FcgammaRI/III-mediated immune complex uptake. Cell Immunol. 2003;225:21-32 pubmed..These results support the therapeutic benefits of antigen-targeting to FcgammaR on APC in the various inflammatory disorders. ..
- Deitiker P, Oshima M, Jankovic J, Duane D, Aoki K, Atassi M. Association of HLA Class II alleles and haplotypes with cervical dystonia: HLA DR13-DQ6 (DQB1*0604) homozygotes are at greatly increased risk of cervical dystonia in Caucasian Americans. Autoimmunity. 2011;44:167-76 pubmed publisher..However, longer distance associations within an extended and conserved DQB1*0604 bearing haplotype leave a possibility that a locus proximal to DQB1 might be involved. ..
- Ohmura Hoshino M, Matsuki Y, Aoki M, Goto E, Mito M, Uematsu M, et al. Inhibition of MHC class II expression and immune responses by c-MIR. J Immunol. 2006;177:341-54 pubmed..To our knowledge, c-MIR is the first example of an E3 that is capable of inhibiting MHC II expression. Our findings suggest that c-MIR might potently regulate immune responses in vivo. ..
- Schito M, Chobotar B, Barta J. Major histocompatibility complex class I- and II-deficient knock-out mice are resistant to primary but susceptible to secondary Eimeria papillata infections. Parasitol Res. 1998;84:394-8 pubmed..The mechanism of resistance depends on the immune status of the host and requires the coordinated interaction of both alphabeta+ T-cell subsets for optimal parasite control during subsequent infections. ..
- Drouet M, Delpuget Bertin N, Vaillant L, Chauchaix S, Boulanger M, Bonnetblanc J, et al. HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DQB1 genes in susceptibility and resistance to cicatricial pemphigoid in French Caucasians. Eur J Dermatol. 1998;8:330-3 pubmed..HLA-DQB1*0301 encodes a negative charge at position DQ 57 (Asp), a critical position in peptide binding to the HLA-DQ molecule groove and therefore we speculate that this molecule may play a role in the selection of BMZ peptides in CP. ..
- Celada A, Maki R. IFN-gamma induces the expression of the genes for MHC class II I-A beta and tumor necrosis factor through a protein kinase C-independent pathway. J Immunol. 1991;146:114-20 pubmed..These results further emphasize the complex nature of gene regulation during the activation of macrophages. ..