Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RT1-Ba
Description: RT1 class II, locus Ba
Alias: BA1, rano class II histocompatibility antigen, B alpha chain, MHC class I antigen, MHC class II antigen RT1.B alpha chain, RT1 class II antigen, Ba chain, RT1-B alpha, activated B cell RT1Bl alpha chain
- Ruiz de León A, Mendoza J, Sevilla Mantilla C, Fernández A, Pérez de la Serna J, Gónzalez V, et al. Myenteric antiplexus antibodies and class II HLA in achalasia. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:15-9 pubmed..17 and OR = 5.82, respectively). All of the women and 66.7% of the men with achalasia and the DQB1*0603 allele or the DQA1*0103-DQB1*0603 heterodimer were positive for antibodies. ..
- Monsuur A, de Bakker P, Zhernakova A, Pinto D, Verduijn W, Romanos J, et al. Effective detection of human leukocyte antigen risk alleles in celiac disease using tag single nucleotide polymorphisms. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2270 pubmed publisher..996 and the predictive value >0.948. Our results show that this tag SNP method is very accurate and provides an excellent basis for population screening for CD. This method is broadly applicable in European populations. ..
- Movahedi M, Moin M, Gharagozlou M, Aghamohammadi A, Dianat S, Moradi B, et al. Association of HLA class II alleles with childhood asthma and Total IgE levels. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;7:215-20 pubmed publisher..As asthma and atopy are multifactorial disorders, probably HLA genes are involved in the regulation of immune specific responses to common allergen. ..
- Smith J, Fritz E, Kerr J, Cleare A, Wessely S, Mattey D. Association of chronic fatigue syndrome with human leucocyte antigen class II alleles. J Clin Pathol. 2005;58:860-3 pubmed..CFS may be associated with HLA-DQA1*01, although a role for other genes in linkage disequilibrium cannot be ruled out. ..
- de Graaf K, Barth S, Herrmann M, Storch M, Wiesmüller K, Weissert R. Characterization of the encephalitogenic immune response in a model of multiple sclerosis. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:299-308 pubmed..The data demonstrate that the most critical factor in inducing MS like pathology is presentation of autoantigenic peptides on MHC class II molecules resulting in demyelination and axonal pathology. ..
- Larizza D, Calcaterra V, De Giacomo C, de Silvestri A, Asti M, Badulli C, et al. Celiac disease in children with autoimmune thyroid disease. J Pediatr. 2001;139:738-40 pubmed..Celiac disease and DQA1*0501, DQB1*02 were found in 7 (7.8%) patients. The prevalence of celiac disease was 1 of 13. Screening for celiac disease is recommended in children with autoimmune thyroid disease. ..
- Luppi P, Alexander A, Bertera S, Noonan K, Trucco M. The same HLA-DQ alleles determine either susceptibility or resistance to different coxsackievirus-mediated autoimmune diseases. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 1999;13:14-26 pubmed..g., DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302), seem unable to sustain the immune attack against the heart. ..
- Wägner A, Santana A, Herńndez M, Wiebe J, Novoa J, Mauricio D. Predictors of associated autoimmune diseases in families with type 1 diabetes: results from the Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2011;27:493-8 pubmed publisher..The predominance of certain HLA haplotypes suggests that specific mechanisms of disease may be involved. ..
- Arnett F, Targoff I, Mimori T, Goldstein R, Warner N, Reveille J. Interrelationship of major histocompatibility complex class II alleles and autoantibodies in four ethnic groups with various forms of myositis. Arthritis Rheum. 1996;39:1507-18 pubmed..39), but not with DM or myositis overall. By transracial gene mapping, genetic susceptibility to anti-Jo-1 and other MSAs in patients with myositis can be localized within the MHC region to the HLA-DQA1 locus. ..
- Kawahara Y, Mizuno M, Yoshino T, Yokota K, Oguma K, Okada H, et al. HLA-DQA1*0103-DQB1*0601 haplotype and Helicobacter pylori-positive gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;3:865-8 pubmed..023). DQA1*0103-DQB1*0601 haplotype-positive gastric MALT lymphoma is likely to respond to therapy by eradication of H pylori. ..
- Yang S, Wang J, Gao M, Liu H, Sun L, He P, et al. Association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 genes with vitiligo in Chinese Hans. Int J Dermatol. 2005;44:1022-7 pubmed..There may be different genetic backgrounds between vitiligo patients of childhood and adult, localized and generalized. ..
- Holmdahl R, Karlsson M, Gustafsson K, Hedrich H. Structural polymorphism of six rat RT1Ba genes. Immunogenetics. 1993;38:381 pubmed
- Reed A, McNallan K, Wettstein P, Vehe R, Ober C. Does HLA-dependent chimerism underlie the pathogenesis of juvenile dermatomyositis?. J Immunol. 2004;172:5041-6 pubmed..These combined data indicate that chimeric cells play a direct role in the JDM disease process and that the mother's HLA genotype facilitates the transfer and/or persistence of maternal cells in the fetal circulation. ..
- Liu Q, Zhang M, Qiu C, Hu T. [Association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome in Han Chinese population]. Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi. 1999;35:210-5 pubmed..The results suggest that DQA1 * 0301-DQB1 * 0401 and DRB1 * 15-DQA1 * 0102-DQB1 * 0602/3 be associated with the susceptibility in VKH. On the other hand, DQA1 * 0103-DQB1 * 0601 may play a role in resisting against VKH syndrome. ..
- Gunther E, Walter L. The major histocompatibility complex of the rat (Rattus norvegicus). Immunogenetics. 2001;53:520-42 pubmed..Elucidation of the RT1 complex provides important information for using the rat as a model of experimental transplantation and complex diseases. ..
- Fajardo Dolci G, Solorio Abreu J, Romero Alvarez J, Zavaleta Villa B, Cerezo Camacho O, Jiménez Lucio R, et al. DQA1 and DQB1 association and nasal polyposis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;135:243-7 pubmed..Analysis of -DQB1 and TNFalpha promoter did not show significant differences between cases and controls. HLA-DQA1*0201-DQB1*0201 haplotype is involved in susceptibility, conferring 5.53 times more risk of developing this disease. B-2b. ..
- Lankar D, Vincent Schneider H, Briken V, Yokozeki T, Raposo G, Bonnerot C. Dynamics of major histocompatibility complex class II compartments during B cell receptor-mediated cell activation. J Exp Med. 2002;195:461-72 pubmed..Thus, BcR engagement induced the transient formation of antigen-processing compartments, enabling antigen-specific B cells to become effective antigen-presenting cells. ..
- de Angelis F, Garzoli A, Battistini A, Iorio A, De Stefano G. Genetic response to an environmental pathogenic agent: HLA-DQ and onchocerciasis in northwestern Ecuador. Tissue Antigens. 2012;79:123-9 pubmed publisher..These findings represent new positive/negative associations with onchocerciasis in South America, whereas previous findings pertained only to African populations. ..
- Pratsidou Gertsi P, Kanakoudi Tsakalidou F, Spyropoulou M, Germenis A, Adam K, Taparkou A, et al. Nationwide collaborative study of HLA class II associations with distinct types of juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) in Greece. Eur J Immunogenet. 1999;26:299-310 pubmed..Some of them, such as the DPB1*0201 allele, confer susceptibility to certain clinical onsets and courses or complications of the disease. The rapidly advancing techniques of typing of DNA profiles may lead to more definite conclusions. ..
- Tromp G, Ogata T, Gregoire L, Goddard K, Skunca M, Lancaster W, et al. HLA-DQA is associated with abdominal aortic aneurysms in the Belgian population. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1085:392-5 pubmed..In conclusion, this study showed potential evidence that the HLA-DQA1 locus harbors a genetic risk factor for AAAs suggesting that autoimmunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of AAAs. ..
- Eller E, Vardi P, McFann K, Babu S, Yu L, Bugawan T, et al. Differential effects of DRB1*0301 and DQA1*0501-DQB1*0201 on the activation and progression of islet cell autoimmunity. Genes Immun. 2007;8:628-33 pubmed..Overall, our results emphasize the importance of prospective genetic studies that examine the full range of variation in the initiation, progression and expression of autoimmune disease. ..
- Yen J, Chen C, Tsai W, Ou T, Lin C, Lin S, et al. HLA-DQA1 genotyping in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Taiwan. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2001;17:183-9 pubmed..A synergistic effect for the susceptibility to RA can be found between HLA-DR4 and HLA-DQA1*0302 or DQA1*0303. We also found that the HLA-DQA1*0303 was related to bone erosion and seropositivity of RF in RA patients. ..
- Hashimoto K, Maruyama H, Nishiyama M, Asaba K, Ikeda Y, Takao T, et al. Susceptibility alleles and haplotypes of human leukocyte antigen DRB1, DQA1, and DQB1 in autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type III in Japanese population. Horm Res. 2005;64:253-60 pubmed..More interestingly, the susceptible HLA class II haplotypes differ among the three types of Japanese APS III and are not merely a combination of susceptibility haplotypes of each endocrine disease. ..
- Hardie R, Luo M, Bruneau B, Knight E, Nagelkerke N, Kimani J, et al. Human leukocyte antigen-DQ alleles and haplotypes and their associations with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection. AIDS. 2008;22:807-16 pubmed publisher..The associations of DQ alleles and haplotypes with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 emphasize the importance of human leukocyte antigen-DQ and CD4 in anti-HIV-1 immunity. ..
- Taylor G, Dearden S, Payne N, Ayres M, Gokhale D, Birch J, et al. Evidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology. Br J Cancer. 1998;78:561-5 pubmed..The results suggest a male-associated susceptibility haplotype in c-ALL and supports an infectious aetiology. ..
- De Block C, De Leeuw I, Bogers J, Pelckmans P, Ieven M, Van Marck E, et al. Helicobacter pylori, parietal cell antibodies and autoimmune gastropathy in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002;16:281-9 pubmed..pylori and PCA differed. PCA-positivity but not ongoing H. pylori infection is associated with autoimmune gastritis. Low titres of PCA might reflect H. pylori infection rather than autoimmune gastropathy. ..
- Walter W, Scheuer C, Loos M, Reichert T, Maeurer M. H2-Mbeta 1 and H2-Mbeta 2 heterodimers equally promote clip removal in I-A(q) molecules from autoimmune-prone DBA/1 mice. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11086-91 pubmed..These data suggest that I-A(q) exhibits a high affinity for CLIP since virtually all I-A(q) molecules on T2 cells were found to be associated with CLIP in the absence of both H2-M isoforms. ..
- Weinstock C, Matheis N, Barkia S, Haager M, Janson A, Markovic A, et al. Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2 shows the same HLA class II pattern as type 1 diabetes. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:317-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest a common immunogenetic pathomechanism for T1D and APS type 2, which might be different from the immunogenetic pathomechanism of other autoimmune endocrine disease. ..
- Walter W, Lingnau K, Schmitt E, Loos M, Maeurer M. MHC class II antigen presentation pathway in murine tumours: tumour evasion from immunosurveillance?. Br J Cancer. 2000;83:1192-201 pubmed..These differences may impact on CD4+ T cell recognition of cancer cells in murine tumour models. ..
- Perraudeau M, Taylor P, Stauss H, Lindstedt R, Bygrave A, Pappin D, et al. Altered major histocompatibility complex class II peptide loading in H2-O-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:2871-80 pubmed
- Murray J, Moore S, Van Dyke C, Lahr B, Dierkhising R, Zinsmeister A, et al. HLA DQ gene dosage and risk and severity of celiac disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:1406-12 pubmed..Assessing the copy number of the DQB1*02 allele might allow for the stratification of disease risk. ..
- Adamus G, Burrows G, Vandenbark A, Offner H. Treatment of autoimmune anterior uveitis with recombinant TCR ligands. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2555-61 pubmed..These findings suggest a possible clinical application of this novel class of peptide/MHC class II constructs in patients with AU that is mediated by T-cell responses to known antigenic peptides. ..
- Zhang X, Song X, Qin X, Chen Y, Cheng H, Wu Y. [The study on correlativity between HLA-DQ gene polymorphism and primary Sjogren's syndrome of the Han nationality in Shanxi province]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;27:182-5 pubmed..5% vs 18.5%, x(2);=5.563, P<0.05, RR=1.756). In Han nationality of Shanxi province, HLA-DQA1*0501 and HLA-DQB1*0201 alleles probably are susceptible genes of pSS, while HLA-DQA1*0301/2 allele probably is a protective gene of pSS. ..
- McMaster W. Purification and molecular cloning of rat Ia antigens. Methods Enzymol. 1984;108:558-81 pubmed
- Spraggs C, Budde L, Briley L, Bing N, Cox C, King K, et al. HLA-DQA1*02:01 is a major risk factor for lapatinib-induced hepatotoxicity in women with advanced breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:667-73 pubmed publisher..Further work is required to determine whether testing for DQA1*02:01 allele carriage is clinically useful in managing liver safety risk during lapatinib treatment. ..
- Kokaraki G, Daniilidis M, Yiangou M, Arsenakis M, Karyotis N, Tsilipakou M, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class II (DRB1*, DQA1*, and DQB1*) and DRB1*04 subtypes' associations of Hashimoto's thyroiditis in a Greek population. Tissue Antigens. 2009;73:199-205 pubmed publisher..Conducting the first research of this kind in a Greek population, our study tries to provide an evaluation of the prevalence of HT relating to HLA-DRB1*0405, and we report a relative risk of 2.7 for HT in a Greek population. ..
- Gao J, Lin Y, Qiu C, Liu Y, Ma Y, Liu Y. Association between HLA-DQA1, -DQB1 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to asthma in northern Chinese subjects. Chin Med J (Engl). 2003;116:1078-82 pubmed..Asthma and atopy are multifactorial disorders, HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 genes are involved in the regulation of immune specific response to common allergen. ..
- Lüder C, Walter W, Beuerle B, Maeurer M, Gross U. Toxoplasma gondii down-regulates MHC class II gene expression and antigen presentation by murine macrophages via interference with nuclear translocation of STAT1alpha. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1475-84 pubmed..In conclusion, this novel mechanism of microbial interference with MHC class II gene expression may contribute to intracellular survival and establishment of persistent infection with T. gondii. ..
- Lara Marquez M, Yunis J, Layrisse Z, Ortega F, Carvallo Gil E, Montagnani S, et al. Immunogenetics of atopic asthma: association of DRB1*1101 DQA1*0501 DQB1*0301 haplotype with Dermatophagoides spp.-sensitive asthma in a sample of the Venezuelan population. Clin Exp Allergy. 1999;29:60-71 pubmed..05) and non-atopic (RR = 0.08) controls. Thus, it may have a protective role for developing atopic asthma in the population studied. ..
- Planelles D, Nagore E, Moret A, Botella Estrada R, Vila E, Guillen C, et al. HLA class II polymorphisms in Spanish melanoma patients: homozygosity for HLA-DQA1 locus can be a potential melanoma risk factor. Br J Dermatol. 2006;154:261-6 pubmed
- Stanescu H, Arcos Burgos M, Medlar A, Bockenhauer D, Kottgen A, Dragomirescu L, et al. Risk HLA-DQA1 and PLA(2)R1 alleles in idiopathic membranous nephropathy. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:616-26 pubmed publisher..This allele may facilitate an autoimmune response against targets such as variants of PLA2R1. Our findings suggest a basis for understanding this disease and illuminate how adaptive immunity is regulated by HLA. ..
- Ettinger R, Moustakas A, Lobaton S. Open reading frame sequencing and structure-based alignment of polypeptides encoded by RT1-Bb, RT1-Ba, RT1-Db, and RT1-Da alleles. Immunogenetics. 2004;56:585-96 pubmed..These data are important to a comprehensive understanding of MHC class II structure-function and for mechanistic studies of rat models of autoimmunity. ..
- Wallaschofski H, Meyer A, Tuschy U, Lohmann T. HLA-DQA1*0301-associated susceptibility for autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type II and III. Horm Metab Res. 2003;35:120-4 pubmed..Moreover, our data imply that the allele DQA1*0301 is a marker of increased risk for further APS manifestations in patients who suffer from an organ-specific autoimmune disease. ..
- Chinoy H, Salway F, John S, Fertig N, Tait B, Oddis C, et al. Tumour necrosis factor-alpha single nucleotide polymorphisms are not independent of HLA class I in UK Caucasians with adult onset idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007;46:1411-6 pubmed..0, 1.8-5.3). TNF-308A and -1031T alleles are significant risk factors in the IIMs. In the IIMs, the TNF-308A allele is part of the common ancestral haplotype, but is not independent of HLA-B*08. ..
- Guo X, Ni P, Li L. [Association between asthma and the polymorphism of HLA-DQ genes]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2001;24:139-41 pubmed..0%) in asthma family (t = 2.382 5, P < 0.05). HLA-DQA1* 0101, DQA1 * 0601 and HLA-DQB1 * 0303, DQB1 * 0601 may be the susceptible alleles of asthma. HLA-DQB1 * 0201 allele may limit the specific IgE response to dermatophagoides. ..
- Hay C, Ollier W, Pepper L, Cumming A, Keeney S, Goodeve A, et al. HLA class II profile: a weak determinant of factor VIII inhibitor development in severe haemophilia A. UKHCDO Inhibitor Working Party. Thromb Haemost. 1997;77:234-7 pubmed..This data suggests that HLA class II profile constitutes a weak risk factor for developing inhibitor antibodies to factor VIII. This may be more pronounced in patients with an intron 22 inversion. ..
- Yousefipour G, Salami Z, Farjadian S. Association of HLA-DQA1*0101/2 and DQB1*0502 with myasthenia gravis in southern Iranian patients. Iran J Immunol. 2009;6:99-102 pubmed publisher..According to the results of this study, DQA1*0101/2 and DQB1*0502 alleles might be considered as predisposing genetic factors to myasthenia gravis while DQA1*0501, DQB1*0301 and *0602/3 show protective roles against this disease. ..
- Esmaeilzadeh H, Nabavi M, Amirzargar A, Aryan Z, Arshi S, Bemanian M, et al. HLA-DRB and HLA-DQ genetic variability in patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2015;29:e63-9 pubmed publisher..05). Results of this study suggest that HLA-DQB1*0302 and HLA-DRB1*04 and their related haplotypes are genes involved in predisposing patients to AERD, whereas HLA-DQB1*0301 and HLA-DRB1*011 have negative association with AERD. ..
- Caliz R, Atsumi T, Kondeatis E, Amengual O, Khamashta M, Vaughan R, et al. HLA class II gene polymorphisms in antiphospholipid syndrome: haplotype analysis in 83 Caucasoid patients. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:31-6 pubmed..2, 95% confidence interval (2.2-17.6), P=0.0014, corrected P=0.042]. These alleles and haplotypes might affect anti-ss2GPI production and APS development in different and heterogeneous fashion. ..
- Barran P, McMaster W. DNA sequence analysis of the rat RT1.B alpha gene. Immunogenetics. 1987;26:56-62 pubmed..These conserved sequences may be involved in the coordinate regulation of expression of class II genes. The cloned RT1.B alpha gene was efficiently transcribed when transfected to mouse L cells. ..
- Sanjeevi C, Landin Olsson M, Kockum I, Dahlquist G, Lernmark A. The combination of several polymorphic amino acid residues in the DQalpha and DQbeta chains forms a domain structure pattern and is associated with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;958:362-75 pubmed..6, P < 0.001). In conclusion, domains in the DQalpha, DQbeta, or both in the DQ molecule explain susceptibility or resistance to IDDM better than individual amino acid residues of DQA1 and DQB1. ..
- Khosravi F, Amirzargar A, Sarafnejad A, Nicknam M, Alimoghadam K, Dianat S, et al. HLA class II allele and haplotype frequencies in Iranian patients with leukemia. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;6:137-42 pubmed..Future studies are needed to confirm these results and establish the role of these associations in AML and CML. ..
- Alfonso C, Han J, Williams G, Karlsson L. The impact of H2-DM on humoral immune responses. J Immunol. 2001;167:6348-55 pubmed..Hence, while substantial Ab responses can be raised in the absence of DM, this molecule is a crucial factor both for Ag processing and for the normal maturation of T-dependent humoral immune responses in vivo. ..
- Sumnik Z, Cinek O, Bratanic N, Kordonouri O, Kulich M, Roszai B, et al. Risk of celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes is modified by positivity for HLA-DQB1*02-DQA1*05 and TNF -308A. Diabetes Care. 2006;29:858-63 pubmed..The results indicate that the risk of CD in children with type 1 diabetes is significantly modified both by the presence of HLA-DQB1*02-DQA1*05 and by a variant of another gene within the major histocompatibility complex, the TNF -308A. ..
- Aron Y, Polla B, Bienvenu T, Dall Ava J, Dusser D, Hubert D. HLA class II polymorphism in cystic fibrosis. A possible modifier of pulmonary phenotype. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999;159:1464-8 pubmed..05). Our results suggest that genetic factors known to modulate the immune response might contribute to chronic infection with Pseudomonas, increased total IgE, and pulmonary outcome in CF. ..
- Sánchez Velasco P, Antón E, Munoz D, Martínez Quesada J, Ruiz de Alegría C, Lopez Hoyos M, et al. Sensitivity to bee venom antigen phospholipase A2: association with specific HLA class I and class II alleles and haplotypes in beekeepers and allergic patients. Hum Immunol. 2005;66:818-25 pubmed..02) were significantly increased in the former. These observations emphasize the importance of the DRB1*0103-DQA1*0101-DQB1*0501 haplotype as a strong candidate for susceptibility to vbPLA2 hypersensitivity, at least in our region. ..
- Syha J, Henkes W, Reske K. Complete cDNA sequence coding for the MHC class II RT1.B alpha chain of the Lewis rat. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:3985 pubmed
- Burrows G, Bebo B, Adlard K, Vandenbark A, Offner H. Two-domain MHC class II molecules form stable complexes with myelin basic protein 69-89 peptide that detect and inhibit rat encephalitogenic T cells and treat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 1998;161:5987-96 pubmed..This new class of small soluble polypeptide may provide a template for designing human homologues useful in detecting and regulating potentially autopathogenic T cells. ..
- Sánchez Marín L, Bross Soriano D, Arrieta J, Kawa Karasik S, Martínez Vilchis V, Jiménez Lucio R, et al. Association of HLA-DQA1*03011-DQB1*0301 haplotype with the development of respiratory scleroma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;136:481-3 pubmed..There is only one report of RS association with HLA-DQ3. In this study, molecular association of HLA class II and RS was determined...
- Kovats S, Grubin C, Eastman S, deRoos P, Dongre A, van Kaer L, et al. Invariant chain-independent function of H-2M in the formation of endogenous peptide-major histocompatibility complex class II complexes in vivo. J Exp Med. 1998;187:245-51 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the idea that H-2M functions as a chaperone in the peptide loading of class II molecules in vivo. ..
- Karlsson L, Peleraux A, Lindstedt R, Liljedahl M, Peterson P. Reconstitution of an operational MHC class II compartment in nonantigen-presenting cells. Science. 1994;266:1569-73 pubmed..The data presented show that H-2M, class II, and li are the minimally required components for efficient formation of stable class II-peptide complexes, and thus for a functional class II compartment. ..
- Liu W, Li W, Sun N. Relationship between HLA-DQA1 polymorphism and genetic susceptibility to idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:1449-52 pubmed..HLA-DQA1 genes are involved in the regulation of specific immune responses by auto- or foreign anti-myocardium antibody. ..
- Greenbaum C, Eisenbarth G, Atkinson M, Yu L, Babu S, Schatz D, et al. High frequency of abnormal glucose tolerance in DQA1*0102/DQB1*0602 relatives identified as part of the Diabetes Prevention Trial--Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetologia. 2005;48:68-74 pubmed..Thus, multiple pathways to abnormal glucose tolerance are present within families of these type 1 patients. ..
- Henkes W, Reske K. Translation in Xenopus laevis oocytes of hybrid selected LEW rat RT1.B alpha- and beta-chain transcripts results in serologically discrete class II polypeptide chain complexes. Mol Immunol. 1989;26:171-9 pubmed..These findings clearly indicate that the formation of the two RT1.B-specific alpha, beta heterodimers is independent of the presence of the rat invariant gamma-chain. ..
- Yang H, Ren C, Xue L, Yuan H, Xu M, Tai W, et al. [Association between the polymorphism of HLA-DQA1 alleles and type 2 diabetes in Yi nationality of Yunnan]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2005;22:702-4 pubmed..025, RR=0.429). In Yi nationality of Yunnan, HLA-DQA1*0301 allele may be a susceptible gene and the HLA-DQA1*0601 allele may protect individuals from the risk of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Nakken B, Jonsson R, Brokstad K, Omholt K, Nerland A, Haga H, et al. Associations of MHC class II alleles in Norwegian primary Sjögren's syndrome patients: implications for development of autoantibodies to the Ro52 autoantigen. Scand J Immunol. 2001;54:428-33 pubmed..This study shows that the production of anti-Ro52 autoantibodies in pSS is associated with the DRB1*0301, DRB3*0101, DQA1*0501 and DQB1*0201 alleles which are in strong linkage disequilibrium. ..
- Resic Lindehammer S, Larsson K, Ortqvist E, Carlsson A, Cederwall E, Cilio C, et al. Temporal trends of HLA genotype frequencies of type 1 diabetes patients in Sweden from 1986 to 2005 suggest altered risk. Acta Diabetol. 2008;45:231-5 pubmed publisher..0047) and to 5% in 2003-2005 (P > 0.05). This study in 1-18-year-old Swedish type 1 diabetes patients supports the notion that there is a temporal change in HLA risk. ..
- Zhang X, Wei S, Yang S, Wang Z, Zhang A, He P, et al. HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles are associated with genetic susceptibility to psoriasis vulgaris in Chinese Han. Int J Dermatol. 2004;43:181-7 pubmed..There may be a difference in genetic background between psoriasis patients with and without a family history of psoriasis. ..
- Shen N, Yan Z, He P. [A study of the hereditary susceptibility of HLA-DQA1 to essential hypertension, athrothrombotic brain infarction and lacunar stroke]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2001;81:352-5 pubmed..1385, P < 0.01; 3.5714 vs. 17.1875, RR = 0.2078, P < 0.01. HLA-DQA1 * 0301 allele may be a correlative gene with hereditary susceptibility of EH, ABI and LS, and HLA-DQA1 * 0103 allele may be a protective gene of those diseases. ..
- Molnar Gabor E, Endreffy E, Rozsasi A. HLA-DRB1, -DQA1, and -DQB1 genotypes in patients with nasal polyposis. Laryngoscope. 2000;110:422-5 pubmed..Nasal polyposis associated with asthma and aspirin sensitivity is probably a unique form of nasal polyps. The authors plan further investigations in this field. ..
- Jimenez B, Maldonado L, Dahl R, Quattrochi L, Guzelian P. Ectopic expression of MHC class II genes (RT1.B(I) beta/alpha) in rat hepatocytes in vivo and in culture can be elicited by treatment with the pregnane X receptor agonists pregnenolone 16 alpha-carbonitrile and dexamethasone. Life Sci. 2002;71:311-23 pubmed..The concept of a set of genes coordinately controlled to maintain homeostasis in parenchymal tissues during toxic stress must now be extended to include the immune system. ..
- Shichishima T, Okamoto M, Ikeda K, Kaneshige T, Sugiyama H, Terasawa T, et al. HLA class II haplotype and quantitation of WT1 RNA in Japanese patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria. Blood. 2002;100:22-8 pubmed..In addition, high expression of WT1 RNA in PNH patients is related to a PNH clone, but it remains unclear whether this causes expansion of a PNH clone. ..
- Stanevicha V, Eglite J, Zavadska D, Sochnevs A, Shantere R, Gardovska D. HLA class II DR and DQ genotypes and haplotypes associated with rheumatic fever among a clinically homogeneous patient population of Latvian children. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R58 pubmed
- Kouri I, Papakonstantinou S, Bempes V, Vasiliadis H, Kyritsis A, Pelidou S. HLA associations with multiple sclerosis in Greece. J Neurol Sci. 2011;308:28-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to investigate genetic susceptibility to MS in Greece. Our results are in line with previous reports in North European and North American patients. ..
- Easterfield A, Bradley J, Bolton E. Complementary DNA sequences encoding the rat MHC class II RT1-Bu and RT1-Du alpha and beta chains. Immunogenetics. 2003;55:344-50 pubmed..This information is of considerable value for experimental studies of transplantation immunity and autoimmune disease. ..
- Fallahi P, Katz R, Toma I, Li R, Reiner J, Vanhouten K, et al. Aspirin insensitive thrombophilia: transcript profiling of blood identifies platelet abnormalities and HLA restriction. Gene. 2013;520:131-8 pubmed publisher..Future studies will focus on determining the protein levels of these differential transcripts in platelets, and the possible involvement of HLA restriction as a contributing factor. ..
- Xiao F, Zhou F, Liu J, Yan K, Cui Y, Gao M, et al. Association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles with alolpecia areata in Chinese Hans. Arch Dermatol Res. 2005;297:201-9 pubmed..This study demonstrated the positive association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles and haplotypes with AA. There may be differences in genetic background in patients with different duration. ..
- Friedl Hajek R, Spangfort M, Schou C, Breiteneder H, Yssel H, Joost van Neerven R. Identification of a highly promiscuous and an HLA allele-specific T-cell epitope in the birch major allergen Bet v 1: HLA restriction, epitope mapping and TCR sequence comparisons. Clin Exp Allergy. 1999;29:478-87 pubmed..Likewise, the diversity in TCR usage by T cells recognizing the epitope does not support the development of TCR-directed immunotherapy for birch pollen allergy. ..
- Nakanishi K, Inoko H. Combination of HLA-A24, -DQA1*03, and -DR9 contributes to acute-onset and early complete beta-cell destruction in type 1 diabetes: longitudinal study of residual beta-cell function. Diabetes. 2006;55:1862-8 pubmed