Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rph3a
Description: rabphilin 3A
Alias: rabphilin-3A, exophilin-1, rabphilin 3A homolog
- Montaville P, Schlicker C, Leonov A, Zweckstetter M, Sheldrick G, Becker S. The C2A-C2B linker defines the high affinity Ca(2+) binding mode of rabphilin-3A. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5015-25 pubmed..Therefore, this unprecedented Ca(2+) binding mode not only shows how a C2 domain increases its intrinsic Ca(2+) affinity, but also provides the structural base for an atypical protein-Ca(2+)-phospholipid binding mode of rabphilin-3A. ..
- Coudevylle N, Montaville P, Leonov A, Zweckstetter M, Becker S. Structural determinants for Ca2+ and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate binding by the C2A domain of rabphilin-3A. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35918-28 pubmed publisher..Our data provide detailed structural insight into the functional properties of the rabphilin-3A C2A domain and reveal for the first time the structural determinants of a target-activated messenger affinity mechanism. ..
- Stanic J, Carta M, Eberini I, Pelucchi S, Marcello E, Genazzani A, et al. Rabphilin 3A retains NMDA receptors at synaptic sites through interaction with GluN2A/PSD-95 complex. Nat Commun. 2015;6:10181 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify Rabphilin 3A (Rph3A) as a new GluN2A subunit-binding partner...
- Lonart G, Sudhof T. Characterization of rabphilin phosphorylation using phospho-specific antibodies. Neuropharmacology. 2001;41:643-9 pubmed..Our data support the notion that dissociated rabphilin is a synaptic phosphoprotein in vivo that may play a role in the regulation of nerve terminal protein-protein interactions. ..
- Ostermeier C, Brunger A. Structural basis of Rab effector specificity: crystal structure of the small G protein Rab3A complexed with the effector domain of rabphilin-3A. Cell. 1999;96:363-74 pubmed..RabCDRs could be major determinants of effector specificity during vesicle trafficking and fusion. ..
- Rastaldi M, Armelloni S, Berra S, Li M, Pesaresi M, Poczewski H, et al. Glomerular podocytes possess the synaptic vesicle molecule Rab3A and its specific effector rabphilin-3a. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:889-99 pubmed..The altered expression observed in mouse and human proteinuric diseases suggests a possible role for these molecules in glomerulopathies. ..
- Lee J, Huang P, Lin Y, Kao L, Huang C, Kao F, et al. In-depth fluorescence lifetime imaging analysis revealing SNAP25A-Rabphilin 3A interactions. Microsc Microanal. 2008;14:507-18 pubmed publisher..synaptosomal associated protein of 25 kDa (SNAP25A) and red fluorescence protein (mRFP)-labeled Rabphillin 3A (RPH3A) were co-expressed in PC12 cells as the FRET donor and acceptor, respectively...
- Willshaw A, Grant K, Yan J, Rockliffe N, Ambavarapu S, Burdyga G, et al. Identification of a novel protein complex containing annexin A4, rabphilin and synaptotagmin. FEBS Lett. 2004;559:13-21 pubmed..Given that rabphilin and synaptotagmin are synaptic vesicle proteins involved in neurotransmitter release, the identification of this complex suggests that annexin A4 may play a role in synaptic exocytosis. ..
- Biadene M, Montaville P, Sheldrick G, Becker S. Structure of the C2A domain of rabphilin-3A. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2006;62:793-9 pubmed..In comparison, the structurally very similar C2A domain of synaptotagmin I has a highly acidic electrostatic surface, suggesting completely unrelated functions for these two C2A domains. ..
- Montaville P, Coudevylle N, Radhakrishnan A, Leonov A, Zweckstetter M, Becker S. The PIP2 binding mode of the C2 domains of rabphilin-3A. Protein Sci. 2008;17:1025-34 pubmed publisher..These different PIP2 headgroup recognition modes suggest that PIP2 is a target of the C2A domain of rabphilin-3A while this phospholipid is an effector of the C2B domain. ..