Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rims1
Description: regulating synaptic membrane exocytosis 1
Alias: RIM1a, Rim1, RIM 1, Rab3 effector, Rim1b protein, rab-3-interacting molecule 1, rab3-interacting molecule 1, regulating synaptic membrane exocytosis protein 1
- The RIM/NIM family of neuronal C2 domain proteins. Interactions with Rab3 and a new class of Src homology 3 domain proteinsY Wang
Center for Basic Neuroscience, Department of Molecular Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9111, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20033-44. 2000b>RIM1 is a putative effector protein for Rab3s, synaptic GTP-binding proteins. RIM1 is localized close to the active zone at the synapse, where it interacts in a GTP-dependent manner with Rab3 located on synaptic vesicles...
- Direct interaction of the Rab3 effector RIM with Ca2+ channels, SNAP-25, and synaptotagminT Coppola
Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, University of Lausanne, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:32756-62. 2001..We propose that the Rab3 effector RIM is a scaffold protein that participates through its multiple binding partners in the docking and fusion of ..
- RIM1alpha forms a protein scaffold for regulating neurotransmitter release at the active zoneSusanne Schoch
The Center for Basic Neuroscience and Department of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9111, USA
Nature 415:321-6. 2002..These data indicate that RIM1alpha has a central function in integrating active zone proteins and synaptic vesicles into a molecular scaffold that controls neurotransmitter release...
- Rim is a putative Rab3 effector in regulating synaptic-vesicle fusionY Wang
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235, USA
Nature 388:593-8. 1997..We propose that Rim serves as a Rab3-dependent regulator of synaptic-vesicle fusion by forming a GTP-dependent complex between synaptic plasma membranes and docked synaptic vesicles...
- Cast: a novel protein of the cytomatrix at the active zone of synapses that forms a ternary complex with RIM1 and munc13-1Toshihisa Ohtsuka
KAN Research Institute Inc, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
J Cell Biol 158:577-90. 2002..CAST was localized at the CAZ of conventional synapses of mouse brain. CAST bound directly RIM1 and indirectly Munc13-1, presumably through RIM1, forming a ternary complex...
- A role for the ubiquitin-proteasome system in activity-dependent presynaptic silencingXiaoping Jiang
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 30:1798-809. 2010..Presynaptic silencing was accompanied by decreases in levels of the priming proteins Munc13-1 and Rim1. Importantly, overexpression of Rim1alpha prevented the induction of persistent presynaptic silencing...
- Crystal structure of the RIM1alpha C2B domain at 1.7 A resolutionRong Guan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Biochemistry 46:8988-98. 2007..Our results provide a structural basis to understand the function of RIM C2B domains and suggest that dimerization may be a crucial aspect of RIM function...
- Binding to Rab3A-interacting molecule RIM regulates the presynaptic recruitment of Munc13-1 and ubMunc13-2Yaisa S Andrews-Zwilling
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hermann Rein Strasse 3, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:19720-31. 2006..We conclude that one function of the Munc13/RIM1alpha interaction is the active zone recruitment of Munc13-1 and ubMunc13-2...
- SAD: a presynaptic kinase associated with synaptic vesicles and the active zone cytomatrix that regulates neurotransmitter releaseEiji Inoue
KAN Research Institute, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
Neuron 50:261-75. 2006..Furthermore, SAD-B phosphorylates the active zone protein RIM1 but not Munc13-1. These results suggest that mammalian SAD kinase presynaptically regulates neurotransmitter release...
- Adapter protein 14-3-3 is required for a presynaptic form of LTP in the cerebellumFatma Simsek-Duran
Department of Pathology and Anatomy, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1296-8. 2004..Thus, RIM1alpha phosphorylation triggers presynaptic LTP in part through recruitment of 14-3-3 to phospho-Ser413-RIM1alpha...
- Physical and functional interaction of the active zone proteins, CAST, RIM1, and Bassoon, in neurotransmitter releaseEtsuko Takao-Rikitsu
KAN Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
J Cell Biol 164:301-11. 2004..novel cytomatrix at the active zone (CAZ)-associated protein, CAST, and found it directly binds another CAZ protein RIM1 and indirectly binds Munc13-1 through RIM1; RIM1 and Munc13-1 directly bind to each other and are implicated in ..
- Molecular in situ topology of Aczonin/Piccolo and associated proteins at the mammalian neurotransmitter release siteChristoph Limbach
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, S 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E392-401. 2011..At both conventional and ribbon synapses, CAST, Munc13, and RIM are segregated from Aczonin, closer to the PM, and Aczonin is positioned such that it may control the access of neurotransmitter vesicles to the fusion site...