Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rgs7
Description: regulator of G-protein signaling 7
Alias: regulator of G-protein signaling 7
- Gold S, Heifets B, Pudiak C, Potts B, Nestler E. Regulation of regulators of G protein signaling mRNA expression in rat brain by acute and chronic electroconvulsive seizures. J Neurochem. 2002;82:828-38 pubmed..At 24 h following chronic ECS, RGS7, -8 and -10 mRNA levels were decreased in the granule cell layer, and RGS7 and -8 mRNA levels were decreased in the ..
- Howlett A, Gray A, Hunter J, Willardson B. Role of molecular chaperones in G protein beta5/regulator of G protein signaling dimer assembly and G protein betagamma dimer specificity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16386-99 pubmed publisher..The results also show that Gbeta5-RGS7 assembly is dependent on CCT and PhLP1, but the apparent mechanism is different from that of Gbetagamma...
- Orlandi C, Posokhova E, Masuho I, Ray T, Hasan N, Gregg R, et al. GPR158/179 regulate G protein signaling by controlling localization and activity of the RGS7 complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:711-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the interaction of RGS proteins with orphan GPCRs promotes signaling selectivity in G protein pathways. ..
- Koelle M, Horvitz H. EGL-10 regulates G protein signaling in the C. elegans nervous system and shares a conserved domain with many mammalian proteins. Cell. 1996;84:115-25 pubmed..Two previously known and 13 newly identified mammalian genes have similarity to egl-10 and SST2, and we propose that members of this family regulate many G protein signaling pathways. ..
- Saitoh O, Kubo Y, Odagiri M, Ichikawa M, Yamagata K, Sekine T. RGS7 and RGS8 differentially accelerate G protein-mediated modulation of K+ currents. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9899-904 pubmed..1997) Nature 390, 525-529). Here we report the isolation of a full-length rat cDNA of another brain-specific RGS, RGS7. In situ hybridization study revealed that RGS7 mRNA is predominantly expressed in Golgi cells within granule cell ..
- Jedema H, Gold S, Gonzalez Burgos G, Sved A, Tobe B, Wensel T, et al. Chronic cold exposure increases RGS7 expression and decreases alpha(2)-autoreceptor-mediated inhibition of noradrenergic locus coeruleus neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:2433-43 pubmed..We observed that the alpha(2)-autoreceptor-evoked inhibition of LC neurons was reduced and that the expression of RGS7 was increased following chronic stress exposure...
- Sun H, Calipari E, Beveridge T, Jones S, Chen R. The brain gene expression profile of dopamine D2/D3 receptors and associated signaling proteins following amphetamine self-administration. Neuroscience. 2015;307:253-61 pubmed publisher..AMPH self-administration also produced a negative correlation of the mRNA levels of RGS7 and RGS19 between the two brain regions, which was not present in the control group...