Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rgs14
Description: regulator of G-protein signaling 14
Alias: regulator of G-protein signaling 14
- Kimple R, Kimple M, Betts L, Sondek J, Siderovski D. Structural determinants for GoLoco-induced inhibition of nucleotide release by Galpha subunits. Nature. 2002;416:878-81 pubmed..crystal structure of Galpha(i1) GDP bound to the GoLoco region of the 'regulator of G-protein signalling' protein RGS14. Key contacts are described between the GoLoco motif and Galpha protein, including the extension of GoLoco's ..
- Willard F, Willard M, Kimple A, Soundararajan M, Oestreich E, Li X, et al. Regulator of G-protein signaling 14 (RGS14) is a selective H-Ras effector. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4884 pubmed publisher..b>RGS14 contains tandem Ras-binding domains that have been reported to bind to Rap- but not Ras GTPases in vitro, leading ..
- Vellano C, Brown N, Blumer J, Hepler J. Assembly and function of the regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14)·H-Ras signaling complex in live cells are regulated by G?i1 and G?i-linked G protein-coupled receptors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3620-31 pubmed publisherb>Regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) is a multifunctional scaffolding protein that integrates heterotrimeric G protein and H-Ras signaling pathways...
- Shu F, Ramineni S, Hepler J. RGS14 is a multifunctional scaffold that integrates G protein and Ras/Raf MAPkinase signalling pathways. Cell Signal. 2010;22:366-76 pubmed publisher..We report here that RGS14 is an integrator of G protein and MAPKinase signalling pathways...
- Vellano C, Maher E, Hepler J, Blumer J. G protein-coupled receptors and resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase-8A (Ric-8A) both regulate the regulator of g protein signaling 14 RGS14·G?i1 complex in live cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38659-69 pubmed publisherb>Regulator of G protein Signaling 14 (RGS14) is a multifunctional scaffolding protein that integrates both conventional and unconventional G protein signaling pathways...
- Hollinger S, Ramineni S, Hepler J. Phosphorylation of RGS14 by protein kinase A potentiates its activity toward G alpha i. Biochemistry. 2003;42:811-9 pubmed..b>RGS14 and RGS12 are unique among RGS proteins in that they also regulate Galpha(i) signals because of the guanine ..
- Vellano C, Shu F, Ramineni S, Yates C, Tall G, Hepler J. Activation of the regulator of G protein signaling 14-G?i1-GDP signaling complex is regulated by resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase-8A. Biochemistry. 2011;50:752-62 pubmed publisherb>RGS14 is a brain scaffolding protein that integrates G protein and MAP kinase signaling pathways. Like other RGS proteins, RGS14 is a GTPase activating protein (GAP) that terminates G?i/o signaling...
- Branch M, Hepler J. Endogenous RGS14 is a cytoplasmic-nuclear shuttling protein that localizes to juxtanuclear membranes and chromatin-rich regions of the nucleus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184497 pubmed publisherb>Regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) is a multifunctional scaffolding protein that integrates G protein and H-Ras/MAPkinase signaling pathways to regulate synaptic plasticity important for hippocampal learning and memory...
- Urabe Y, Tanikawa C, Takahashi A, Okada Y, Morizono T, Tsunoda T, et al. A genome-wide association study of nephrolithiasis in the Japanese population identifies novel susceptible Loci at 5q35.3, 7p14.3, and 13q14.1. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002541 pubmed publisher..Here we found three novel loci for nephrolithiasis: RGS14-SLC34A1-PFN3-F12 on 5q35.3 (rs11746443; P?=?8.51×10?¹², odds ratio (OR)?=?1.19), INMT-FAM188B-AQP1 on 7p14...
- Lin Y, Kim K, Yang Y, Ivessa A, Sadoshima J, Park Y. Regulation of longevity by regulator of G-protein signaling protein, Loco. Aging Cell. 2011;10:438-47 pubmed publisher..Consistently, when expression of RGS14, mammalian homologue of Loco, was reduced in rat fibroblast cells, the resistance to oxidative stress increased ..
- Lee S, Simons S, Heldt S, Zhao M, Schroeder J, Vellano C, et al. RGS14 is a natural suppressor of both synaptic plasticity in CA2 neurons and hippocampal-based learning and memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16994-8 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the signaling protein RGS14 is highly enriched in CA2 pyramidal neurons and plays a role in suppression of both synaptic plasticity at these ..
- López Aranda M, López Téllez J, Navarro Lobato I, Masmudi Martín M, Gutierrez A, Khan Z. Role of layer 6 of V2 visual cortex in object-recognition memory. Science. 2009;325:87-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, elimination of the same-layer neurons by means of injection of a selective cytotoxin resulted in the complete loss of normal as well as protein-mediated enhanced ORM. ..
- López Aranda M, Acevedo M, Carballo F, Gutierrez A, Khan Z. Localization of the GoLoco motif carrier regulator of G-protein signalling 12 and 14 proteins in monkey and rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2971-82 pubmed..Here, we have studied the expression pattern of RGS12 and RGS14 proteins in brain at regional, cellular and subcellular levels...