Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ren
Alias: RATRENAA, RENAA, Ren1, angiotensinogenase, renin 1 structural
- Congenic strains reveal the effect of the renin gene on skeletal muscle angiogenesis induced by electrical stimulationMicheline M de Resende
Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Physiol Genomics 33:33-40. 2008..The present study emphasizes the importance of maintaining normal renin regulation as well as ANG II levels during the angiogenesis process with a combination of physiological, genetic, and pharmacological manipulation of the RAS...
- Increased renin excretion is associated with augmented urinary angiotensin II levels in chronic angiotensin II-infused hypertensive ratsLiu Liu
Dept of Physiology, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F1195-201. 2011..The greater availability of renin and AGT in the urine reflects the capability for intratubular ANG II formation which stimulates sodium reabsorption in distal nephron segments...
- Cardiac hypertrophy in vitamin D receptor knockout mice: role of the systemic and cardiac renin-angiotensin systemsWei Xiang
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E125-32. 2005....
- Expression and nutritional regulation of the (pro)renin receptor in rat visceral adipose tissueV Achard
Aix Marseille University, Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, Marseille, France
J Endocrinol Invest 34:840-6. 2011..Early life nutritional environment plays an important role in the development of visceral adipose tissue and interacts with nutritional regulations in adulthood, leading to metabolic dysregulations...
- Accumulation of renin and imidazolone in peritubular capillary endothelial cells in insulin-resistant hypertensive ratsZoltan Wagner
Second Department of Medicine and Nephrological Center, University of Pecs, Pacsirta Street 1, Pecs, Hungary
J Nephrol 24:656-64. 2011..The aim of our study was to investigate renal histology in rats with hypertension and IGT, with special emphasis on the peritubular endothelium...
- Postnatal early overnutrition dysregulates the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system and extracellular matrix-linked molecules in juvenile male ratsHyung Eun Yim
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Nutr Biochem 23:937-45. 2012..Up-regulation of renin and AT2 and down-regulation of PAI-1 and MMP-9 might contribute to abnormal programming of renal growth in rats exposed to postnatal early overnutrition...
- The increase in sympathetic nerve density in the atrium facilitates atrial fibrillation in patients with rheumatic heart diseaseYuanhong Li
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Int J Cardiol 165:174-8. 2013..The hyperactivity of autonomic nervous system is known to contribute to the occurrence of Af in RHD patients. This study investigated the association between the autonomic density and the risk of Af in RHD patients...
- Pharmacogenomic strain differences in cardiovascular sensitivity to propofolThomas A Stekiel
Anesthesia Research, The Medical College of Wisconsin and The Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Anesthesiology 115:1192-200. 2011..A pharmacogenomic approach was used to further localize the genetic region responsible for previously observed enhanced cardiovascular sensitivity to propofol in Dahl Salt Sensitive (SS) versus control Brown Norway (BN) rats...
- TASK-3 channel deletion in mice recapitulates low-renin essential hypertensionNick A Guagliardo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Hypertension 59:999-1005. 2012..Our studies establish a model of LREH and suggest that loss of TASK channel activity may be one mechanism that advances the syndrome of low renin hypertension...
- [Hypertension-induced fibrosis: a balance story]F Azibani
INSERM U942, Universite Paris Diderot, Hopital Lariboisiere, 41, boulevard de la Chapelle, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 61:150-5. 2012..It is shown that angiotensin II induces the expression of BNP and BMPs which ultimately slows the progression of myocardial fibrosis, and that aldosterone inhibits the expression of these factors and thus worsens the fibrosis...
- Association of the renin-sodium profile with the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with hypertensionM H Alderman
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, N Y 10461 1602
N Engl J Med 324:1098-104. 1991....
- Genetic deficiency of Smad3 protects the kidneys from atrophy and interstitial fibrosis in 2K1C hypertensionGina M Warner
Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F1455-64. 2012..We conclude that abrogation of TGF-β/Smad3 signaling confers protection against the development of fibrosis and atrophy in RAS...
- Prevention of acute kidney injury in a rodent model of cirrhosis following selective gut decontamination is associated with reduced renal TLR4 expressionNaina Shah
UCL Institute of Hepatology, UCL Medical School, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Hepatol 56:1047-53. 2012....
- Alteration of embryonic AT(2)-R and inflammatory cytokines gene expression induced by prenatal exposure to lipopolysaccharide affects renal developmentXue Qin Hao
Department of Pharmacology, College of Animal Science and Technology, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, China
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:433-9. 2013..Prenatal LPS also increased TUNEL-positive cells and collagen I expressions in newborn rats and 7-week-old offspring rats...
- Congenic mapping and sequence analysis of the Renin locusMichael J Flister
Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Hypertension 61:850-6. 2013..Combined with previous studies, these data suggest that at least 4 BP loci reside within the 30-cM chromosome 13 BP quantitative trait locus that includes Renin...
- A renin transcript lacking exon 1 encodes for a non-secretory intracellular renin that increases aldosterone production in transgenic ratsJorg Peters
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 12:1229-37. 2008..The CX-(exon2-9)renin transgenic rat appears to be a useful model to study the role and the mechanisms of action of cytoplasmatic renin derived from exon(1A-9) transcripts...
- Cytosolic renin is targeted to mitochondria and induces apoptosis in H9c2 rat cardiomyoblastsHeike Wanka
Institute of Physiology, University of Greifswald, Karlsburg, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 13:2926-37. 2009..Non-secretory cytosolic renin can be considered as a new target for cardiac failure...
- Renin inhibition attenuates insulin resistance, oxidative stress, and pancreatic remodeling in the transgenic Ren2 ratJavad Habibi
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Endocrinology 149:5643-53. 2008....
- Influence of sedentary versus physically active conditions on regulation of plasma renin activity and vasopressinPatrick J Mueller
Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center and Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R727-32. 2008....
- Collecting duct renin is upregulated in both kidneys of 2-kidney, 1-clip goldblatt hypertensive ratsMinolfa C Prieto-Carrasquero
Department of Physiology and Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hypertension 51:1590-6. 2008....
- The collecting duct is the major source of prorenin in diabetesJung J Kang
Department of Physiology, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hypertension 51:1597-604. 2008..These novel findings suggest that, in a rat model of diabetes, prorenin content and release from the CD may be more important than the juxtaglomerular apparatus in contrast to the existing paradigm...
- Mast cell renin and a local renin-angiotensin system in the airway: role in bronchoconstrictionArul Veerappan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1315-20. 2008..The data show that locally produced ANG II is a critical factor governing BC, opening the possibility for novel therapeutic targets in the management of airway disease...
- NO and cGMP mediate angiotensin AT2 receptor-induced renal renin inhibition in young ratsHelmy M Siragy
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 1409, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1461-7. 2007..Reversal of the PD effects by SNAP and SNAP effects by ODQ confirms that NO and cGMP mediate the AT(2) receptor inhibition of renal renin production...
- Renin dynamics in adipose tissue: adipose tissue control of local renin concentrationsJason D Fowler
Dept of Integrative Biology and Physiology, 6 125 Jackson Hall, 321 Church St S E, Univ of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E343-50. 2009..These results suggest that adipose tissue may control its own local renin concentration independently of plasma renin as a potential mechanism for maintaining a functional local adipose RAS...
- Intrarenal dopaminergic system regulates renin expressionMing Zhi Zhang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Hypertension 53:564-70. 2009....
- Introgression of the Brown Norway renin allele onto the Dahl salt-sensitive genetic background increases Cu/Zn SOD expression in cerebral arteriesMatthew J Durand
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Am J Hypertens 24:563-8. 2011..NO-dependent vasodilator responses are rescued in MCAs from Ren1-BN congenic rats, which have a 2...
- Soluble form of the (pro)renin receptor is augmented in the collecting duct and urine of chronic angiotensin II-dependent hypertensive ratsAlexis A Gonzalez
Department of Physiology, Tulane University, School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave, SL39, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hypertension 57:859-64. 2011....
- Creation and characterization of a renin knockout ratCarol Moreno
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Hypertension 57:614-9. 2011..Plasma renin activity was undetectable in the Ren-/- rat, and renin protein was absent from the juxtaglomerular cells in the kidney...
- Impaired relaxation of cerebral arteries in the absence of elevated salt intake in normotensive congenic rats carrying the Dahl salt-sensitive renin geneMatthew J Durand
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1865-74. 2010....
- Amiloride lowers arterial pressure in cyp1a1ren-2 transgenic rats without affecting renal vascular functionTorsten Schlüter
Institute of Physiology, University of Greifswald, Karlsburg, Germany
J Hypertens 28:2267-77. 2010....
- Glucose promotes the production of interleukine-1beta and cyclooxygenase-2 in mesangial cells via enhanced (Pro)renin receptor expressionJiqian Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1409, USA
Endocrinology 150:5557-65. 2009..It is also possible that PRR could enhance the production of these inflammatory cytokines through direct stimulation of ERK1/2-NF-kappaB signaling cascade...
- Prorenin contributes to angiotensin peptide formation in transgenic rats with rat prorenin expression targeted to the liverDuncan J Campbell
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research and the Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Hypertension 54:1248-53. 2009....
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism attenuates glomerular filtration barrier remodeling in the transgenic Ren2 ratAdam Whaley-Connell
Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F1013-22. 2009..Thus, in this model of RAAS activation, MR antagonism attenuates glomerular/podocyte remodeling and albuminuria, in part through reductions in redox-mediated impairment of insulin metabolic signaling...
- Energy metabolism in human renin-gene transgenic rats: does renin contribute to obesity?Petra Gratze
Franz Volhard Clinical Research Center, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin Buch, Germany
Hypertension 53:516-23. 2009..The mechanisms are independent of any currently known renin-related effects...
- Angiotensin II-mediated oxidative stress promotes myocardial tissue remodeling in the transgenic (mRen2) 27 Ren2 ratAdam Whaley-Connell
University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, MA436, DC043 0, One Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E355-63. 2007..05). Collectively, these data suggest cardiac oxidative stress-induced structural and functional changes are driven, in part, by AT(1)R-mediated increases in NADPH oxidase activity...
- Renin/prorenin receptorsG Nguyen
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unit 36, College de France, Unit of Experimental Medicine, Paris, France
Kidney Int 69:1503-6. 2006....
- Effect of apocynin treatment on renal expression of COX-2, NOS1, and renin in Wistar-Kyoto and spontaneously hypertensive ratsA Paliege
Medical Faculty of the Charite, Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R694-700. 2006..Downregulated COX-2 and renin levels in SHR are apparently unrelated to oxidative stress, since apocynin treatment had no effect on these parameters...
- An alternative transcript of the rat renin gene can result in a truncated prorenin that is transported into adrenal mitochondriaS Clausmeyer
Department of Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Circ Res 84:337-44. 1999..This truncated prorenin corresponds exactly to the deletion variant being imported into mitochondria in vitro...
- Distinct renin isoforms generated by tissue-specific transcription initiation and alternative splicingM A Lee-Kirsch
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circ Res 84:240-6. 1999..These findings provide evidence for a novel pathway of intracellular angiotensin generation that occurs exclusively in the brain...
- Endogenous or overexpressed cGMP-dependent protein kinases inhibit cAMP-dependent renin release from rat isolated perfused kidney, microdissected glomeruli, and isolated juxtaglomerular cellsS Gambaryan
Medizinische Universitäts Klinik, Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9003-8. 1998..Our results indicate that cGK II, and possibly cGK I, can mediate cGMP inhibitory effects on renin release and are physiological components of the cGMP signal transduction system which opposes the RAAS...
- Effects of renin gene transfer on blood pressure and renin gene expression in a congenic strain of Dahl salt-resistant ratsE M St Lezin
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 97:522-7. 1996....
- Renin gene nucleotide sequence of coding and regulatory regions in Dahl ratsK Y Alam
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699
Clin Exp Hypertens 15:599-614. 1993....
- Assignment of 22 loci in the rat by somatic hybrid and linkage analysisR S Yeung
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Department of Surgical Oncology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
Mamm Genome 4:585-8. 1993..Results of this study further support the extensive conservation of synteny between the rat and mouse and, to a lesser degree, between rat and human...
- Genetic determinants of diastolic and pulse pressure map to different loci in Lyon hypertensive ratsC Dubay
INSERM U 358, Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
Nat Genet 3:354-7. 1993..Significant linkage was established between diastolic blood pressure and a microsatellite marker of the renin gene (REN) on rat chromosome 13, and between pulse pressure and the carboxypeptidase B gene (CPB) on chromosome 2...
- Heart mass and blood pressure have separate genetic determinants in the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) ratE L Harris
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Hypertens 13:397-404. 1995..To determine associations between cardiovascular parameters and genotype in 205 F2 rats of both sexes and lineages from reciprocal crosses made between rats of the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) and Brown Norway (BN) rat strains...
- Nucleotide sequence of rat renin cDNAM Tada
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 16:3576. 1988
- Structure of the rat renin geneA Fukamizu
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Mol Biol 201:443-50. 1988..that the rat renin precursor consists of 402 amino acid residues, and shows 85%, 82% and 68% homology to the mouse Ren-1 and Ren-2, and human renins, respectively...
- Molecular cloning of rat renin cDNA and its geneC E Burnham
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:5605-9. 1987....
- Structural analysis of 5'-flanking regions of rat, mouse and human renin genes reveals the presence of a transposable-like element in the two mouse genesD Tronik
LA CNRS 361, Departement d Immunologie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Gene 69:71-80. 1988The two renin genes of the mouse (Ren1 and Ren2) are expressed at different levels in the submaxillary gland (SMG). In contrast to mice, there is no detectable renin gene expression in the rat SMG...
- Similarities and differences in the subcellular localization of hamartin and tuberin in the kidneyV Murthy
Molecular Neurogenetics Unit, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 278:F737-46. 2000..The cell-specific expression of tuberin and hamartin described here will provide critical insight into the cell types that give rise to kidney lesions, and the tumor suppressor role of these proteins in TSC...
- High-affinity prorenin binding to cardiac man-6-P/IGF-II receptors precedes proteolytic activation to reninJ J Saris
Department of Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Institute COEUR, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H1706-15. 2001..Binding precedes internalization and proteolytic activation to renin thereby supporting the concept of cardiac angiotensin formation by renal prorenin...
- Nitric oxide synthase mRNA levels correlate with gene expression of angiotensin II type-1 but not type-2 receptors, renin or angiotensin converting enzyme in selected brain areasO Krizanova
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Physiol Res 50:473-80. 2001....
- Strong association of a renin intronic dimorphism with essential hypertensionUsman Ahmad
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Medical College, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Hypertens Res 28:339-44. 2005..to identify the genetic mutation that has been detected as an MboI dimorphism in intron 9 of the human renin (REN) gene and to confirm a previously reported, putative association between the REN MboI dimorphism and clinical ..
- Mutations in genes in the renin-angiotensin system are associated with autosomal recessive renal tubular dysgenesisOlivier Gribouval
Inserm U574, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nat Genet 37:964-8. 2005..This is the first identification to our knowledge of a renal mendelian disorder linked to genetic defects in the renin-angiotensin system, highlighting the crucial role of the renin-angiotensin system in human kidney development...
- AT1 receptor-mediated enhancement of collecting duct renin in angiotensin II-dependent hypertensive ratsMinolfa C Prieto-Carrasquero
Dept of Physiology and Hypertension, Tulane Univ Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F632-7. 2005..The augmented distal tubular renin may contribute to increased intratubular ANG II levels and distal nephron sodium reabsorption in ANG II-dependent hypertension...
- Activation of the rat renin promoter by HOXD10.PBX1b.PREP1, Ets-1, and the intracellular domain of notchLi Pan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263 0001, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20860-6. 2005..PBX1b.PREP1 activate the rat renin promoter cooperatively in COS-7 cells. These results strongly suggest that the renin gene is a downstream target of the Notch signaling pathway...
- Targeting the renin-angiotensin system: what's new?B J Leckie
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, RK Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 3:23-32. 2005..11 may be of value where there is both sodium retention and increased angiotensin II. Targeting the renin-angiotensin system by gene therapy or antibody treatment may provide a longer-term treatment for hypertension...
- Inhibition of diabetic nephropathy by a decoy peptide corresponding to the "handle" region for nonproteolytic activation of proreninAtsuhiro Ichihara
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Clin Invest 114:1128-35. 2004..The mechanism and substances causing nonproteolytic activation of prorenin may serve as important therapeutic targets for the prevention of diabetic organ damage...
- Mast cells: a unique source of reninRandi B Silver
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13607-12. 2004..Our findings provide a rationale for targeting mast cells in conjunction with renin-angiotensin system inhibitors in the management of angiotensin II-related dysfunctions...
- Expression of local renin and angiotensinogen mRNA in cirrhotic portal hypertensive patientLi Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan 250021, Shandong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1584-8. 2003..To investigate the expression of local renin and angiotensinogen mRNA in cirrhotic portal hypertensive patients...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 contributes to elevated renin in the early postnatal period in ratsJane Stubbe
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R1179-89. 2003..We suggest that suckling in the rat is correlated to an enhanced, COX-2-mediated, secretory activity of renin-producing juxtaglomerular cells...
- Intracranial renin alters gustatory neural responses in the nucleus of the solitary tract of ratsR Tamura
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani 2630, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R1108-18. 2003..A similar tendency was evident for the subsample of neurons that responded best to NaCl, but the effect was smaller. These data are consistent with, but not as dramatic as, those reported after dietary-induced sodium appetite...
- Renin mRNA expression and renal dysfunction in tacrolimus-induced acute nephrotoxicityTatsuya Nakatani
Department of Urology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Int J Mol Med 11:75-8. 2003..The rise in PRA significantly correlated with increase in FENa by liner regression. Therefore, the results indicate that RAS is involved in the tacrolimus-induced acute nephrotoxicity...
- Characterisation of a thymic renin-angiotensin system in the transgenic m(Ren-2)27 ratJennifer L Wilkinson-Berka
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Grattan Street, Parkville 3010, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 194:201-9. 2002..In each rat strain, thymic renin was predominately active and highest in Ren-2 rats (Ren-2, 22.6+/-4.2, SD 0.8+/-0.1 mGoldblatt Units/g, mean+/-SEM)...
- Angiotensin II feedback is a regulator of renocortical renin, COX-2, and nNOS expressionMartin C Kammerl
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 282:R1613-7. 2002..We conclude that the expression of renin, COX-2, and nNOS in the juxtaglomerular apparatus during low-salt diet is markedly limited by a direct feedback inhibition through ANG II...
- Coronary dilatation reserve in experimental hypertension and chronic heart failure: effects of blockade of the renin-angiotensin systemC Richer
Département de Pharmacologie et INSERM 00 01, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:997-1001. 2001..4. In kallikrein-kinin system-deficient mice, CVR was not different from that of wild-type mice, suggesting that this system is not implicated in normal CVR regulation...
- Angiotensin II Mediates Early Changes in Diabetic KidneyHelmy Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will help understand the mechanisms that are involved in diabetic the development of new therapeutic modalities to prevent or slowdown the development ..
- AT2 Receptor Modulates Renal Angiotensin II LevelsHelmy Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data obtained from this proposal will lead to increased understanding of the pathophysiology of hypertension and development of novel therapies for its management. ..
- Mechanisms of peripheral vascular anesthetic sensitivityTHOMAS STEKIEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additionally, this model also greatly facilitates development of congenic sub strains (partial chromosomal substitutions) for use in subsequent genetic mapping studies. ..
- Physical Activity Dependent Plasticity CNS Sympathetic Nervous System RegulationPatrick Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..