Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rela
Description: RELA proto-oncogene, NF-kB subunit
Alias: NFkB, nos2, transcription factor p65, nuclear factor kappa B subunit p65, nuclear factor kappaB subunit p65, v-rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A, v-rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Kunsch C, Ruben S, Rosen C. Selection of optimal kappa B/Rel DNA-binding motifs: interaction of both subunits of NF-kappa B with DNA is required for transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4412-21 pubmed
- Abdulla D, Goralski K, Del Busto Cano E, Renton K. The signal transduction pathways involved in hepatic cytochrome P450 regulation in the rat during a lipopolysaccharide-induced model of central nervous system inflammation. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:1521-31 pubmed..Evidence is also provided suggesting that the rapid transfer of LPS from the CNS into the periphery likely accounts for the down-regulation of P450s in the liver. ..
- Gurova K, Hill J, Guo C, Prokvolit A, Burdelya L, Samoylova E, et al. Small molecules that reactivate p53 in renal cell carcinoma reveal a NF-kappaB-dependent mechanism of p53 suppression in tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17448-53 pubmed..a transrepressor, leading to accumulation of inactive nuclear complexes with unphosphorylated Ser-536 in the p65/RelA subunit...
- Jiang C, Tong Y, Zhang D, Liu L, Wang J. Sinomenine prevents the development of cardiomyopathy in diabetic rats by inhibiting inflammatory responses and blocking activation of NF-?B. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2017;36:65-74 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate sinomenine significantly improves cardiac function in diabetic rats, which may be attributed to the deactivation of NF-?B and the blockade of inflammatory cytokine-mediated immune reactions. ..
- Michalke M, Cariers A, Schliess F, Haussinger D. Hypoosmolarity influences the activity of transcription factor NF-kappaB in rat H4IIE hepatoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2000;465:64-8 pubmed..Transforming growth factor beta-induced apoptosis was diminished by hypoosmolarity. However, this anti-apoptotic effect was probably not related to NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Chen X, Du X. [Relationship between glomerular lesion and NF-kappaB p65 activity in rat multiple organ failure caused by zymosan]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;21:486-8, 492 pubmed..The increase in the activity of NF-kappaB p65 may play an important role in glomerular lesions of MOF model rats caused by zymosan. ..
- Liu J, Du L. PERK pathway is involved in oxygen-glucose-serum deprivation-induced NF-kB activation via ROS generation in spinal cord astrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:197-203 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PERK is required for the hypoxic/ischemic-induced-dependent regulation of ROS and that it is involved in NF-kB activation in the astrocytes. ..
- Doi T, Takahashi T, Taguchi O, Azuma T, Obata Y. NF-kappa B RelA-deficient lymphocytes: normal development of T cells and B cells, impaired production of IgA and IgG1 and reduced proliferative responses. J Exp Med. 1997;185:953-61 pubmedTo investigate the function of NF-kappa B RelA (p65), we generated mice deficient in this NF-kappa B family member by homologous recombination. Mice lacking RelA showed liver degeneration and died around embryonic day 14.5...
- Torroella Kouri M, Ma X, Perry G, Ivanova M, Cejas P, Owen J, et al. Diminished expression of transcription factors nuclear factor kappaB and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein underlies a novel tumor evasion mechanism affecting macrophages of mammary tumor-bearing mice. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10578-84 pubmed..Because similar findings occur with the iNOS gene, it seems that it represents a novel mechanism by which tumor-derived factors interfere with the host immune defenses. ..
- Choy M, Movassagh M, Siggens L, Vujic A, Goddard M, Sanchez A, et al. High-throughput sequencing identifies STAT3 as the DNA-associated factor for p53-NF-kappaB-complex-dependent gene expression in human heart failure. Genome Med. 2010;2:37 pubmed publisher..We show that the transcription factor p53 piggy-backs onto NF-kappaB/RELA and utilizes the kappaB-motif at a cis-regulatory region to control mir-21 expression...
- Clement N, Gueguen M, Glorian M, Blaise R, Andreani M, Brou C, et al. Notch3 and IL-1beta exert opposing effects on a vascular smooth muscle cell inflammatory pathway in which NF-kappaB drives crosstalk. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3352-61 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the Notch3 pathway is attenuated through NF-kappaB activation, allowing vascular smooth muscle cells to switch into an inflammatory state. ..
- Chen G, Shi J, Ding Y, Yin H, Hang C. Progesterone prevents traumatic brain injury-induced intestinal nuclear factor kappa B activation and proinflammatory cytokines expression in male rats. Mediators Inflamm. 2007;2007:93431 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggest that the therapeutic benefit of post-TBI progesterone injections might be due to its inhibitory effects on intestinal NF-kappaB activation and proinflammatory cytokines expression. ..
- Liu X, Han Q, Leng J. Analysis of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins in a murine model of pneumococcal meningitis. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:648 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae in the CNS and that NOD2 might play an important role in the initiation and/or progression of CNS inflammation associated with pneumococcal meningitis. ..
- Shimizu H, Yamamoto K. NF-kappa B and C/EBP transcription factor families synergistically function in mouse serum amyloid A gene expression induced by inflammatory cytokines. Gene. 1994;149:305-10 pubmed
- Ferencz A, Racz B, Gasz B, Kalmar Nagy K, Horvath O, Roth E. Threshold level of NF-kB activation in small bowel ischemic preconditioning procedure. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:1800-2 pubmed..Longer and more IPC cycles did not result in further elevation of NF-kB activation. ..
- Lessard L, Karakiewicz P, Bellon Gagnon P, Alam Fahmy M, Ismail H, Mes Masson A, et al. Nuclear localization of nuclear factor-kappaB p65 in primary prostate tumors is highly predictive of pelvic lymph node metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5741-5 pubmed..1%; P < 0.001). This is the first study that shows that the extent of nuclear localization of NF-kappaB in primary prostate tumors is highly accurately capable of predicting the probability of locoregional spread of prostate cancer. ..
- Wu S, Flint J, Rezvani G, De Luca F. Nuclear factor-kappaB p65 facilitates longitudinal bone growth by inducing growth plate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation and by preventing apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33698-706 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings indicate that NF-kappaB p65 expressed in growth plate chondrocytes facilitates growth plate chondrogenesis and longitudinal bone growth by inducing BMP-2 expression and activity. ..
- Cao J, Wang H, Yu J, Liu H, Gao D. The involvement of NF-kappaB p65/p52 in the effects of GDNF on DA neurons in early PD rats. Brain Res Bull. 2008;76:505-11 pubmed publisher..And it was the noncanonical NF-kappaB signaling pathway, which contained the NF-kappaB p65/p52 complex that was involved in the effects of GDNF on DA neurons. ..
- Xie C, Sun X, Chen J, Ng C, Lau K, Cai Z, et al. Down-regulated CFTR During Aging Contributes to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Cell Physiol. 2015;230:1906-15 pubmed publisher..The overstimulation of prostate stromal cell proliferation by down-regulation of CFTR-enhanced PGE2 production and release during aging may contribute to the development of BPH. ..
- Uskoković A, Dinić S, Mihailovic M, Grigorov I, Ivanovic Matic S, Bogojevic D, et al. STAT3/NFkappaB interplay in the regulation of alpha2-macroglobulin gene expression during rat liver development and the acute phase response. IUBMB Life. 2007;59:170-8 pubmed..We concluded that alpha(2)M gene expression is driven by developmental- and AP-related mechanisms that rely on STAT3/NF-kappaB interplay. ..
- Benayoun B, Baghdiguian S, Lajmanovich A, Bartoli M, Daniele N, Gicquel E, et al. NF-kappaB-dependent expression of the antiapoptotic factor c-FLIP is regulated by calpain 3, the protein involved in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2A. FASEB J. 2008;22:1521-9 pubmed..Deregulations in the NF-kappaB pathway could be part of the mechanism responsible for the muscle wasting resulting from CAPN3 deficiency...
- Levidou G, Saetta A, Korkolopoulou P, Papanastasiou P, Gioti K, Pavlopoulos P, et al. Clinical significance of nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB levels in urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Virchows Arch. 2008;452:295-304 pubmed publisher..in bladder UC and its potential prognostic significance, by quantifying immunohistochemically the levels of p65/RelA expression in paraffin-embedded tissue from 116 patients...
- Lamb L, Zarif J, Miranti C. The androgen receptor induces integrin ?6?1 to promote prostate tumor cell survival via NF-?B and Bcl-xL Independently of PI3K signaling. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2739-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that combined targeting of both the AR/?6?1 and PI3K pathways may effectively trigger prostate cancer cell death, enhancing the potential therapeutic value of PI3K inhibitors being evaluated in this setting. ..
- Nishida M, Ogushi M, Suda R, Toyotaka M, Saiki S, Kitajima N, et al. Heterologous down-regulation of angiotensin type 1 receptors by purinergic P2Y2 receptor stimulation through S-nitrosylation of NF-kappaB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:6662-7 pubmed publisher..These results show a unique regulatory mechanism of heterologous regulation of GPCRs in which cysteine modification of transcriptional factor rather than protein phosphorylation plays essential roles. ..
- Lian S, Meng L, Liu C, Xing X, Song Q, Dong B, et al. PRL-3 activates NF-?B signaling pathway by interacting with RAP1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:196-201 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PRL-3 transcriptionally activates RAP1 expression, which is counteracted by ablating p65. Therefore, our results demonstrate PRL-3 as a novel regulator of NF-?B signaling pathway through RAP1. ..
- Yang Z, Meng X, Zhang C, Xu P. CARD9 gene silencing with siRNA protects rats against severe acute pancreatitis: CARD9-dependent NF-?B and P38MAPKs pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:1085-1093 pubmed publisher..Blocking the activation of NF-?B and P38MAPK via siRNA-mediated gene knock-down of CARD9 appears to reduce the inflammatory response in pancreatic tissue. ..
- Fiorini E, Schmitz I, Marissen W, Osborn S, Touma M, Sasada T, et al. Peptide-induced negative selection of thymocytes activates transcription of an NF-kappa B inhibitor. Mol Cell. 2002;9:637-48 pubmed..Retroviral transduction of I kappa BNS in fetal thymic organ culture enhances TCR-triggered cell death consistent with its function in selection. ..
- Chen J, Chen Y, Zhu W, Han Y, Han B, Xu R, et al. Specific LPA receptor subtype mediation of LPA-induced hypertrophy of cardiac myocytes and involvement of Akt and NFkappaB signal pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1718-31 pubmed..Moreover, Akt and NF-kappaB signaling pathways independently implicate in LPA-stimulated myocardial hypertrophic growth. ..
- Zhang X, Chen L, Zhang J, Tian H, Zhang X, Zhou Y, et al. Effect of salvia miltiorrhizae on apoptosis and NF-kappaB p65 expression in the liver of rats with severe acute pancreatitis or obstructive jaundice. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:841-52 pubmed publisher..To investigate the therapeutic effects and mechanism of salvia miltiorrhizae in the treatment of severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) or obstructive jaundice (OJ)...
- Ahn G, Bing S, Kang S, Lee W, Lee S, Matsuda H, et al. The JNk/NFkappaB pathway is required to activate murine lymphocytes induced by a sulfated polysaccharide from Ecklonia cava. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:2820-9 pubmed..These results suggest that SP induced T and B cell responses via both JNK and NFkappaB pathways. The effect of SP on splenic lymphocyte activation was assayed here for the first time and indicated the underlying functional mechanism. ..
- Dharap A, Pokrzywa C, Murali S, Pandi G, Vemuganti R. MicroRNA miR-324-3p induces promoter-mediated expression of RelA gene. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79467 pubmed publisher..To understand the functional significance of this phenomenon, we tested the effects of miR-324-3p binding to RelA promoter...
- Chen Y, Ghosh S, Ghosh G. A novel DNA recognition mode by the NF-kappa B p65 homodimer. Nat Struct Biol. 1998;5:67-73 pubmedThe crystal structure of the NF-kappa B p65 (RelA) homodimer in complex with a DNA target has been determined to 2.4 A resolution. The two p65 subunits are not symmetrically disposed on the DNA target...
- Yang J, Hori M, Takahashi N, Kawabe T, Kato H, Okamoto T. NF-kappaB subunit p65 binds to 53BP2 and inhibits cell death induced by 53BP2. Oncogene. 1999;18:5177-86 pubmed..The p65 (RelA) subunit plays a critical role as a transcriptional activator and recent observations have highlighted its role in ..
- Gupta S, Young D, Sen S. Inhibition of NF-kappaB induces regression of cardiac hypertrophy, independent of blood pressure control, in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H20-9 pubmed..The relationship between NF-kappaB activity and cardiac remodeling is causal, not coincidental. ..
- Zhang L, Ma Y, Zhang J, Cheng J, Du J. A new cellular signaling mechanism for angiotensin II activation of NF-kappaB: An IkappaB-independent, RSK-mediated phosphorylation of p65. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:1148-53 pubmed..We uncovered a nonclassical signaling pathway (Ras/MEK1/ERK/RSK) from Ang II to activation of NF-kappaB, a mechanism by which Ang II stimulates RSK-mediated phosphorylation of p65 to participate in vascular inflammation. ..
- Polk W, Ellis M, Kushleika J, Simmonds P, Woods J. RhoA regulation of NF-kappaB activation is mediated by COX-2-dependent feedback inhibition of IKK in kidney epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1160-70 pubmed
- Brockman J, Scherer D, McKinsey T, Hall S, Qi X, Lee W, et al. Coupling of a signal response domain in I kappa B alpha to multiple pathways for NF-kappa B activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2809-18 pubmed..Together, these in vivo studies define a critical signal response domain in I kappa B alpha that coordinately controls the biologic activities of I kappa B alpha and NF-kappa B in response to viral and immune stimuli. ..
- Fujita N, Gogate S, Chiba K, Toyama Y, Shapiro I, Risbud M. Prolyl hydroxylase 3 (PHD3) modulates catabolic effects of tumor necrosis factor-? (TNF-?) on cells of the nucleus pulposus through co-activation of nuclear factor ?B (NF-?B)/p65 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39942-53 pubmed publisher..These findings show that by enhancing the activity of inflammatory cytokines, PHD3 may serve a critical role in degenerative disc disease. ..
- Guo X, Jiang H, Yang J, Chen J, Yang J, Ding J, et al. Radioprotective 105 kDa protein attenuates ischemia/reperfusion-induced myocardial apoptosis and autophagy by inhibiting the activation of the TLR4/NF-?B signaling pathway in rats. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:885-93 pubmed publisher..This is most likely due to the inactivation of TLR4/NF-?B signaling pathway. Thus, RP105 may represent an innovative therapeutic target for attenuating MIRI. ..
- Kim E, Kwon K, Song M, Han M, Lee J, Lee Y, et al. Flavonoids protect against cytokine-induced pancreatic beta-cell damage through suppression of nuclear factor kappaB activation. Pancreas. 2007;35:e1-9 pubmed..Quercetin, apigenin, and luteolin inhibited cytotoxicity in RIN cells and attenuated the decrease of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in islets by IL-1beta and IFN-gamma. ..
- van Essen D, Engist B, Natoli G, Saccani S. Two modes of transcriptional activation at native promoters by NF-kappaB p65. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e73 pubmed publisher..This mode enables a subset of promoters to utilize a wide choice of transcription factors, with the potential to regulate their expression accordingly, whilst remaining dependent for their activation on NF-kappaB. ..
- Xu F, Wang J, Cao Z, Song M, Fu Y, Zhu Y, et al. cAMP/PKA Signaling Pathway Induces Apoptosis by Inhibited NF-ÎºB in Aluminum Chloride-Treated Lymphocytes In Vitro. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;170:424-31 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the activated cAMP/PKA signaling pathway induces apoptosis by inhibited NF-ÎºB in AlCl3-treated lymphocytes in vitro. ..
- Li Y, Wang S, Wang Y, Zhou C, Chen G, Shen W, et al. Inhibitory effect of the antimalarial agent artesunate on collagen-induced arthritis in rats through nuclear factor kappa B and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. Transl Res. 2013;161:89-98 pubmed publisher..These results show that ART may be used as an adjuvant therapy for patients with RA. ..
- Sakurai H, Chiba H, Miyoshi H, Sugita T, Toriumi W. IkappaB kinases phosphorylate NF-kappaB p65 subunit on serine 536 in the transactivation domain. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30353-6 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of IKKs by NF-kappaB-inducing kinase induced phosphorylation of p65 in vivo. Our finding, together with previous observations, suggests dual roles for IKK complex in the regulation of NF-kappaB.IkappaB complex. ..
- Yang S, Wright J, Bauter M, Seweryniak K, Kode A, Rahman I. Sirtuin regulates cigarette smoke-induced proinflammatory mediator release via RelA/p65 NF-kappaB in macrophages in vitro and in rat lungs in vivo: implications for chronic inflammation and aging. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;292:L567-76 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that SIRT1 interacts with the RelA/p65 subunit of NF-kappaB, which was disrupted by cigarette smoke, leading to increased acetylation RelA/p65 in ..
- Shim J, Xiao C, Paschal A, Bailey S, Rao P, Hayden M, et al. TAK1, but not TAB1 or TAB2, plays an essential role in multiple signaling pathways in vivo. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2668-81 pubmed..Therefore, our studies suggests that TAK1 acts as an upstream activating kinase for IKKbeta and JNK, but not IKKalpha, revealing an unexpectedly specific role of TAK1 in inflammatory signaling pathways. ..
- Kretzmann N, Fillmann H, Mauriz J, Marroni C, Marroni N, Gonzalez Gallego J, et al. Effects of glutamine on proinflammatory gene expression and activation of nuclear factor kappa B and signal transducers and activators of transcription in TNBS-induced colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1504-13 pubmed publisher..These effects may be brought about by inhibition of oxidative stress and reduced expression of proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Barma P, Bhattacharya S, Bhattacharya A, Kundu R, Dasgupta S, Biswas A, et al. Lipid induced overexpression of NF-kappaB in skeletal muscle cells is linked to insulin resistance. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1792:190-200 pubmed publisher..Since NF-kappaB p65 is linked to several diseases, including type2 diabetes, this report may be important in understanding the pathogenicity of these diseases. ..
- Kelleher A, Fairchild T, Keslacy S. STZ-induced skeletal muscle atrophy is associated with increased p65 content and downregulation of insulin pathway without NF-?B canonical cascade activation. Acta Diabetol. 2010;47:315-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is unlikely that hyperglycemia initiates skeletal muscle atrophy via activation of the NF-?B canonical pathway. ..
- Hu J, Shi H, Tian Y, Wang X, Gao H, Tong F. [Expression of nuclear factor kappaB and tumor necrosis factor ? in lung tissue of paraquat poisoned rats]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2011;29:44-8 pubmed..Acute paraquat poisoning can induce increased expression of both NF-?B p65 and TNF-? in lung tissue; the enhanced activity of NF-?B may take part in the process of pulmonary injury in PQ poisoning. ..
- Chen Z, Zhang X, Yu L, Hua R, Zhao X, Qin X, et al. Spinal toll-like receptor 4-mediated signalling pathway contributes to visceral hypersensitivity induced by neonatal colonic irritation in rats. Eur J Pain. 2015;19:176-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that neonatal CI stimulates the production of IL-1? and TNF-? through the TLR4/MyD88/NF-?B signalling pathway in the spinal cord, which contributed to visceral hypersensitivity induced by neonatal CI in rats. ..
- Huang W, Gou F, Long Y, Li Y, Feng H, Zhang Q, et al. High Glucose and Lipopolysaccharide Activate NOD1- RICK-NF-?B Inflammatory Signaling in Mesangial Cells. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2016;124:512-517 pubmed..05). These combined results support the hypothesis that high glucose and LPS can activate the NOD1-RICK-NF-?B inflammatory signaling pathway via the NOD1 receptor, and may participate in the development of DN. ..
- Ding B, Ma W, He L, Zhou X, Yuan L, Yu H, et al. Soybean isoflavone alleviates ?-amyloid 1-42 induced inflammatory response to improve learning and memory ability by down regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 expression and nuclear factor-?B activity in rats. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2011;29:537-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SIF reduced the cytokine cascade and inflammatory response induced by A?1-42 which could result in the improvement of spatial learning and memory ability impairment in the rats. ..
- Zhang H, Hu J, Zhou Y, Qin X, Song Z, Yang P, et al. Promoted Interaction of Nuclear Factor-ÎºB With Demethylated Purinergic P2X3 Receptor Gene Contributes to Neuropathic Pain in Rats With Diabetes. Diabetes. 2015;64:4272-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the p2x3r gene promoter DNA demethylation and enhanced interaction with p65 contributes to P2X3R sensitization and diabetic pain hypersensitivity. ..
- Cai Y, Shen Y, Gao L, Chen M, Xiao M, Huang Z, et al. Karyopherin Alpha 2 Promotes the Inflammatory Response in Rat Pancreatic Acinar Cells Via Facilitating NF-ÎºB Activation. Dig Dis Sci. 2016;61:747-57 pubmed publisher..Additionally, KPNA2 expression was significantly up-regulated in cerulein-induced AP rat model. KPNA2-facilitated p65 nuclear translocation promotes NF-ÎºB activation and inflammation in acute pancreatitis. ..
- Bai D, Zhang Y, Shen M, Sun Y, Xia Q, Zhang Y, et al. Hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia blunts the Insulin-Inpp5f negative feedback loop in the diabetic heart. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22068 pubmed publisher..Increased Inpp5f by hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia is an important mediator of diabetic cardiomyopathy and is a promising therapeutic target for the disease. ..
- Rupec R, Jundt F, Rebholz B, Eckelt B, Weindl G, Herzinger T, et al. Stroma-mediated dysregulation of myelopoiesis in mice lacking I kappa B alpha. Immunity. 2005;22:479-91 pubmed..In summary, we show that cell-fate decisions leading to a premalignant hematopoietic disorder can be initiated by nonhematopoietic cells with inactive I kappa B alpha. ..
- Sawada A, Nishizaki Y, Sato H, Yada Y, Nakayama R, Yamamoto S, et al. Tead proteins activate the Foxa2 enhancer in the node in cooperation with a second factor. Development. 2005;132:4719-29 pubmed..These results suggest that Tead activates the Foxa2 enhancer core element in the mouse node in cooperation with a second factor that binds to the 5' element, and that a similar mechanism also operates in the zebrafish shield...
- Frier B, Noble E, Locke M. Diabetes-induced atrophy is associated with a muscle-specific alteration in NF-kappaB activation and expression. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2008;13:287-96 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that diabetes may alter NF-kappaB activity and expression in a muscle-specific manner. ..
- Shen W, Gao Y, Lu B, Zhang Q, Hu Y, Chen Y. Negatively regulating TLR4/NF-?B signaling via PPAR? in endotoxin-induced uveitis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:1109-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the activation of PPAR? represents a novel therapeutic strategy for human uveitis, as PPAR? negatively regulates TLR4 activity and therefore exerts anti-inflammatory actions. ..
- Amin M, Haas C, Zhu K, Mansfield P, Kim M, Lackowski N, et al. Migration inhibitory factor up-regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 via Src, PI3 kinase, and NFkappaB. Blood. 2006;107:2252-61 pubmed..MIF and MIF-dependent signaling pathways may be a potential target for treating diseases characterized by up-regulation of cell adhesion molecules. ..
- Chen J, Fok K, Chen H, Zhang X, Xu W, Chan H. Cryptorchidism-induced CFTR down-regulation results in disruption of testicular tight junctions through up-regulation of NF-?B/COX-2/PGE2. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:2585-97 pubmed publisher..conductance regulator (CFTR) down-regulation in Sertoli cells in cryptorchid testis disrupt testicular tight junctions (TJs) through the nuclear factor kappa B (NF-?B)/cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)/prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) pathway?..
- Marui N, Medford R, Ahmad M. Activation of RelA homodimers by tumour necrosis factor alpha: a possible transcriptional activator in human vascular endothelial cells. Biochem J. 2005;390:317-24 pubmed..Among the members of the NF-kappaB/rel protein family, homodimers of the RelA subunit of NF-kappaB can also function as strong transactivators when expressed in cells...
- Ma H, Li X, Li Z, Yin H, Wang X, Li W, et al. [Localized expressing tendency of nuclear transcription factor kappa-B, pro-fibrosis genetic factors and fibronectin mRNA in renal tissues in proteinuria overload nephrotic young rats]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2005;43:814-8 pubmed
- MacKenzie G, Keen C, Oteiza P. Microtubules are required for NF-kappaB nuclear translocation in neuroblastoma IMR-32 cells: modulation by zinc. J Neurochem. 2006;99:402-15 pubmed..D, and zinc deficient cells, all showed a low nuclear NF-kappaB binding activity, and low nuclear concentrations of RelA and p50. The altered nuclear translocation was reflected by a decreased transactivation of NF-kappaB-driven genes...
- Song H, Kim H, Lee K, Lee D, Kim T, Song J, et al. Ablation of Rassf2 induces bone defects and subsequent haematopoietic anomalies in mice. EMBO J. 2012;31:1147-59 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that RASSF2 regulates osteoblast and osteoclast differentiation by inhibiting NF-?B signalling. ..
- Courter D, Lomas L, Scatena M, Giachelli C. Src kinase activity is required for integrin alphaVbeta3-mediated activation of nuclear factor-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12145-51 pubmed..Together, these experiments indicate that the C terminus of beta3 and Src activity are required for integrin alpha(v)beta3-mediated nuclear factor-kappaB activation. ..
- Wilmanski J, Siddiqi M, Deitch E, Spolarics Z. Augmented IL-10 production and redox-dependent signaling pathways in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficient mouse peritoneal macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:85-94 pubmed..Alterations in signaling pathways and associated changes in cytokine production may play a role in modulating the inflammatory responses following bacterial or malarial infections in G6PD deficiency. ..
- Branca M, Giorgi C, Ciotti M, Santini D, di Bonito L, Costa S, et al. Upregulation of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) is related to the grade of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia, but is not an independent predictor of high-risk human papillomavirus or disease outcome in cervical cancer. Diagn Cytopathol. 2006;34:555-63 pubmed..e., E7-mediated impaired nuclear translocation of cytoplasmic NF-kappaB, and E6-conditioned attenuated NF-kappaB (p65)-dependent transcriptional activity. ..
- Ramdass B, Maliekal T, Lakshmi S, Rehman M, Rema P, Nair P, et al. Coexpression of Notch1 and NF-kappaB signaling pathway components in human cervical cancer progression. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;104:352-61 pubmed..Results from this study suggest that there is a co-activation of Notch1 and NF-kappaB signaling pathways at the cellular level in the majority of human cervical cancers, with Notch as an upstream regulator. ..
- Raju U, Mei L, Seema S, Hina Q, Wolman S, Worsham M. Molecular classification of breast carcinoma in situ. Curr Genomics. 2006;7:523-32 pubmed..Loss of CASP1 was predictive of LCIS (n=4) with one misclassified PLCIS. Gain of RELA predicted only the LCIS classification (n=2 cases)...
- Caporali A, Meloni M, Nailor A, MitiÄ‡ T, Shantikumar S, Riu F, et al. p75(NTR)-dependent activation of NF-ÎºB regulates microRNA-503 transcription and pericyte-endothelial crosstalk in diabetes after limb ischaemia. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8024 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that miR-503 regulates pericyte-endothelial crosstalk in microvascular diabetic complications. ..
- Gielen S, Kühne L, Ewing P, Blok L, Burger C. Tamoxifen treatment for breast cancer enforces a distinct gene-expression profile on the human endometrium: an exploratory study. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2005;12:1037-49 pubmed..network of the differentially expressed genes revealed that 69 genes centred around five well-known genes: TP53, RELA, MYC, epidermal growth factor receptor and beta-catenin...
- Cheshire J, Baldwin A. Synergistic activation of NF-kappaB by tumor necrosis factor alpha and gamma interferon via enhanced I kappaB alpha degradation and de novo I kappaBbeta degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6746-54 pubmed
- Mazzantini R, de Conti A, Moreno F. Persistent and remodeling hepatic preneoplastic lesions present differences in cell proliferation and apoptosis, as well as in p53, Bcl-2 and NF-kappaB pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:538-46 pubmed..These data point to molecular pathways that may direct preneoplastic lesions to spontaneously regress or to progress to cancer. J. Cell. Biochem. 103: 538-546, 2008. (c) 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Chen W, Sun C, Wang H, Huang M, Zhu G, Zhu B, et al. [Effect of tanshinone IIA pretreatment on IL-1? and RelA mRNA expression in rats with focal cerebral ischemia]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:2115-8 pubmedTo observe the effect of tanshinone IIA (TS IIA) pretreatment on the expression of the inflammatory factor IL-1? and RelA mRNA in rats with focal cerebral ischemia...
- Buss H, Dörrie A, Schmitz M, Frank R, Livingstone M, Resch K, et al. Phosphorylation of serine 468 by GSK-3beta negatively regulates basal p65 NF-kappaB activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49571-4 pubmed..of NF-kappaB is controlled at several levels including the phosphorylation of the strongly transactivating p65 (RelA) subunit...
- Qiu P, Wheater M, Qiu Y, Sosne G. Thymosin beta4 inhibits TNF-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation, IL-8 expression, and the sensitizing effects by its partners PINCH-1 and ILK. FASEB J. 2011;25:1815-26 pubmed publisher..Herein, we present novel evidence that T?(4) directly targets the NF-?B RelA/p65 subunit...
- Oh J, Cho I, Kang K, You J, Yu S, Lee G, et al. Biochanin-A antagonizes the interleukin-1?-induced catabolic inflammation through the modulation of NF?B cellular signaling in primary rat chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:723-730 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that biochanin-A antagonizes the IL-1?-induced catabolic effects through its anti-inflammatory activity that involves the modulation of NF?B signaling. ..
- Girardin S, Boneca I, Viala J, Chamaillard M, Labigne A, Thomas G, et al. Nod2 is a general sensor of peptidoglycan through muramyl dipeptide (MDP) detection. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8869-72 pubmed..Additionally, the characterization of Nod2 as the first pathogen-recognition molecule that detects MDP will help to unravel the well known biological activities of this immunomodulatory compound. ..
- Ma Y, Zhang L, Peng T, Cheng J, Taneja S, Zhang J, et al. Angiotensin II stimulates transcription of insulin-like growth factor I receptor in vascular smooth muscle cells: role of nuclear factor-kappaB. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1256-63 pubmed..Because IGF-IR is a major factor associated with thickening of mesenteric vessels, our results provide potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Siednienko J, Maratha A, Yang S, Mitkiewicz M, Miggin S, Moynagh P. Nuclear factor ?B subunits RelB and cRel negatively regulate Toll-like receptor 3-mediated ?-interferon production via induction of transcriptional repressor protein YY1. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:44750-63 pubmed publisher..These findings thus highlight for the first time a novel self-regulatory mechanism that is employed by TLR3 to limit the level and duration of IFN-? expression. ..
- Gorbunov N, Das D, Goswami S, Gurusamy N, Atkins J. Spatial coordination of cell-adhesion molecules and redox cycling of iron in the microvascular inflammatory response to pulmonary injury. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:483-95 pubmed..The studies suggested that a part of the proinflammatory action of iron in the lung resulted from its stimulation of the redox-sensitive factors. ..
- Lu M, Xu L, Li B, Zhang W, Zhang C, Feng H, et al. Protective effects of grape seed proanthocyanidin extracts on cerebral cortex of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats through modulating AGEs/RAGE/NF-kappaB pathway. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2010;56:87-97 pubmed
- Lin N, Ji Z, Huang C. Smad7 alleviates glomerular mesangial cell proliferation via the ROS-NF-?B pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2017;361:210-216 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to demonstrate that altered gene expression of Smad7regulated NF-?B expression and ROS production on Ang II (Angiotensin II)-induced rat glomerular mesangial cell (GMC) proliferation...