Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rbpj
Description: recombination signal binding protein for immunoglobulin kappa J region
Alias: recombining binding protein suppressor of hairless
- Fang T, Yashiro Ohtani Y, Del Bianco C, Knoblock D, Blacklow S, Pear W. Notch directly regulates Gata3 expression during T helper 2 cell differentiation. Immunity. 2007;27:100-10 pubmed..Together, these data implicate Gata3 as a direct transcriptional Notch target that acts in concert with Notch signaling to generate optimal Th2 cell responses. ..
- Yun T, Bevan M. Notch-regulated ankyrin-repeat protein inhibits Notch1 signaling: multiple Notch1 signaling pathways involved in T cell development. J Immunol. 2003;170:5834-41 pubmed..The different effects of Deltex-1 and Nrarp overexpression suggest that alternate Notch signaling pathways mediate T vs B lineage commitment and thymocyte maturation. ..
- Markova N, Pinkas Sarafova A, Simon M. A metabolic enzyme of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily may moonlight in the nucleus as a repressor of promoter activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:2019-31 pubmed..These findings add hRoDH-E2 to the small group of metabolic enzymes, which, by being recruited over promoter regions, could directly link the cytoplasmic and nuclear functions within the cell. ..
- Hsieh J, Zhou S, Chen L, Young D, Hayward S. CIR, a corepressor linking the DNA binding factor CBF1 to the histone deacetylase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:23-8 pubmed..When expressed as a Gal4 fusion protein, CIR repressed reporter gene expression. CIR binds to histone deacetylase and to SAP30 and serves as a linker between CBF1 and the histone deacetylase complex. ..
- Garcia T, Farmaha J, Kow S, Hofmann M. RBPJ in mouse Sertoli cells is required for proper regulation of the testis stem cell niche. Development. 2014;141:4468-78 pubmed publisher..To this end, we conditionally ablated recombination signal binding protein for immunoglobulin kappa J region (Rbpj), a crucial mediator of NOTCH signaling, in Sertoli cells using Amh-cre...
- Ferjentsik Z, Hayashi S, Dale J, Bessho Y, Herreman A, De Strooper B, et al. Notch is a critical component of the mouse somitogenesis oscillator and is essential for the formation of the somites. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000662 pubmed publisher..embryos carrying a mutation in different components of the Notch pathway, such as Lunatic fringe (Lfng), Hes7, Rbpj, and presenilin1/presenilin2 (Psen1/Psen2), and by pharmacological blocking of the Notch pathway...
- Minoguchi S, Taniguchi Y, Kato H, Okazaki T, Strobl L, Zimber Strobl U, et al. RBP-L, a transcription factor related to RBP-Jkappa. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2679-87 pubmed..This is again in contrast to physical association of RBP-J with EBNA-2. Several models to explain functional interaction between RBP-L and EBNA-2 are discussed. ..
- Robert Moreno A, Espinosa L, de la Pompa J, Bigas A. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cells. Development. 2005;132:1117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo. ..
- Sweeney C, Morrow D, Birney Y, Coyle S, Hennessy C, Scheller A, et al. Notch 1 and 3 receptor signaling modulates vascular smooth muscle cell growth, apoptosis, and migration via a CBF-1/RBP-Jk dependent pathway. FASEB J. 2004;18:1421-3 pubmed..Notch signaling, therefore, represents a novel therapeutic target for disease states in which changes in vascular cell fate occur in vivo. ..
- Krebs L, Iwai N, Nonaka S, Welsh I, Lan Y, Jiang R, et al. Notch signaling regulates left-right asymmetry determination by inducing Nodal expression. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1207-12 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Dll1-mediated Notch signaling is essential for generation of left-right asymmetry, and that the Notch pathway acts upstream of Nodal expression during left-right asymmetry determination in mice. ..
- Masui T, Long Q, Beres T, Magnuson M, Macdonald R. Early pancreatic development requires the vertebrate Suppressor of Hairless (RBPJ) in the PTF1 bHLH complex. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2629-43 pubmed..We show that early in pancreatic development, active PTF1a requires interaction with RBPJ, the vertebrate Suppressor of Hairless, within a stable trimeric DNA-binding complex (PTF1)...
- Niessen K, Fu Y, Chang L, Hoodless P, McFadden D, Karsan A. Slug is a direct Notch target required for initiation of cardiac cushion cellularization. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:315-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that combined expression of Slug and Snail is required for EMT in cardiac cushion morphogenesis. ..
- Shen H, McElhinny A, Cao Y, Gao P, Liu J, Bronson R, et al. The Notch coactivator, MAML1, functions as a novel coactivator for MEF2C-mediated transcription and is required for normal myogenesis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:675-88 pubmed..Mechanistically, MAML1 appears to mediate cross-talk between Notch and MEF2 to influence myogenic differentiation. ..
- Issack P, Ziff E. Genetic elements regulating HES-1 induction in Wnt-1-transformed PC12 cells. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:827-36 pubmed..One element binds Wnt-1-induced protein complexes in a sequence-specific manner. Identification of Wnt-1 responsive elements in potential target genes may provide clues to nuclear pathways regulated by Wnt-1. ..
- Satpathy A, Briseño C, Lee J, Ng D, Manieri N, Kc W, et al. Notch2-dependent classical dendritic cells orchestrate intestinal immunity to attaching-and-effacing bacterial pathogens. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:937-48 pubmed publisher..rodentium, but CD103(+) cDCs dependent on the transcription factor Batf3 were not. Our results demonstrate a nonredundant function for CD11b(+) cDCs in the response to pathogens in vivo. ..
- Levy O, Lah J, Levey A. Notch signaling inhibits PC12 cell neurite outgrowth via RBP-J-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Dev Neurosci. 2002;24:79-88 pubmed..Conversely, an activated form of RBP-J decreased neurite length but failed to reduce neurite number. In summary, Notch activation inhibited PC12 cell neurite outgrowth by both RBP-J-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Tanigaki K, Han H, Yamamoto N, Tashiro K, Ikegawa M, Kuroda K, et al. Notch-RBP-J signaling is involved in cell fate determination of marginal zone B cells. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:443-50 pubmed..In contrast, these mice exhibited increased mortality rates after blood-borne bacterial infection, which indicates that MZB cells play pivotal roles in the clearance of these bacteria. ..
- Lu J, Zhou Y, Hu T, Zhang H, Shen M, Cheng P, et al. Notch Signaling Coordinates Progenitor Cell-Mediated Biliary Regeneration Following Partial Hepatectomy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22754 pubmed publisher..Although the transcription factor RBPJ is essential for liver morphogenesis and biliary development, its specific function in the differentiation of ..
- Jeffries S, Robbins D, Capobianco A. Characterization of a high-molecular-weight Notch complex in the nucleus of Notch(ic)-transformed RKE cells and in a human T-cell leukemia cell line. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3927-41 pubmed..3) translocation and constitutively express N(ic). Taken together, our data indicate that complex formation is likely required for neoplastic transformation by Notch(ic)...
- Apelqvist A, Li H, Sommer L, Beatus P, Anderson D, Honjo T, et al. Notch signalling controls pancreatic cell differentiation. Nature. 1999;400:877-81 pubmed..These data provide evidence that ngn3 acts as proendocrine gene and that Notch signalling is critical for the decision between the endocrine and progenitor/exocrine fates in the developing pancreas. ..
- Dai Q, Andreu Agullo C, Insolera R, Wong L, Shi S, Lai E. BEND6 is a nuclear antagonist of Notch signaling during self-renewal of neural stem cells. Development. 2013;140:1892-902 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel mammalian CSL co-repressor in the nervous system, and show that the Notch-inhibitory activity of certain BEN-solo proteins is conserved between flies and mammals. ..
- Chang J, Meredith D, Mayer P, Borromeo M, Lai H, Ou Y, et al. Prdm13 mediates the balance of inhibitory and excitatory neurons in somatosensory circuits. Dev Cell. 2013;25:182-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, Prdm13 is a key component of a highly coordinated transcriptional network that determines the balance of inhibitory versus excitatory neurons in the dorsal spinal cord. ..
- Zhou S, Fujimuro M, Hsieh J, Chen L, Miyamoto A, Weinmaster G, et al. SKIP, a CBF1-associated protein, interacts with the ankyrin repeat domain of NotchIC To facilitate NotchIC function. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2400-10 pubmed..The results suggest a model in which NotchIC activates responsive promoters by competing with the SMRT-corepressor complex for contacts on both CBF1 and SKIP. ..
- Aras S, Pak O, Sommer N, FINLEY R, Huttemann M, Weissmann N, et al. Oxygen-dependent expression of cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4-2 gene expression is mediated by transcription factors RBPJ, CXXC5 and CHCHD2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2255-66 pubmed publisher..three transcription factors that bind this conserved ORE, namely recombination signal sequence-binding protein J? (RBPJ), coiled-coil-helix-coiled-coil-helix domain 2 (CHCHD2) and CXXC finger protein 5 (CXXC5)...
- Lee S, Wang X, DeJong J. Functional interactions between an atypical NF-kappaB site from the rat CYP2B1 promoter and the transcriptional repressor RBP-Jkappa/CBF1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2091-8 pubmed..The results suggest that RBP-Jkappa/CBF1 binds an atypical NF-kappaB site in the CYP2B1/2 promoters and may help to maintain a low level of expression in the absence of inducer. ..
- Amsen D, Antov A, Jankovic D, Sher A, Radtke F, Souabni A, et al. Direct regulation of Gata3 expression determines the T helper differentiation potential of Notch. Immunity. 2007;27:89-99 pubmed..Moreover, absence of GATA-3 turned Notch from a Th2 inducer into a powerful inducer of Th1 differentiation. Therefore, Gata3 is a critical element determining inductive Th2 differentiation and limiting Th1 differentiation by Notch. ..
- Yoon K, Nery S, Rutlin M, Radtke F, Fishell G, Gaiano N. Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling promotes radial glial identity and interacts with Notch1 signaling in telencephalic progenitors. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9497-506 pubmed