Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rbfox3
Description: RNA binding fox-1 homolog 3
Alias: Hrnbp3, Neun, RGD1560070, RNA binding protein fox-1 homolog 3, RNA binding protein, fox-1 homolog 3, fox-1 homolog C, hexaribonucleotide binding protein 3, neuronal nuclei
- Smorodchenko A, Rupprecht A, Sarilova I, Ninnemann O, Bräuer A, Franke K, et al. Comparative analysis of uncoupling protein 4 distribution in various tissues under physiological conditions and during development. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:2309-19 pubmed publisher..UCP4 preferential expression in neurons and its developmental expression pattern under physiological conditions may indicate a specific protein function, e.g. in neuronal cell differentiation. ..
- Dredge B, Jensen K. NeuN/Rbfox3 nuclear and cytoplasmic isoforms differentially regulate alternative splicing and nonsense-mediated decay of Rbfox2. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21585 pubmed publisherAnti-NeuN (Neuronal Nuclei) is a monoclonal antibody used extensively to specifically detect post-mitotic neurons...
- Shimozaki K, Clemenson G, Gage F. Paired related homeobox protein 1 is a regulator of stemness in adult neural stem/progenitor cells. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4066-75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Prx1 plays an important role as a key switch for neural cell lineage determination and the maintenance of the self-renewal of adult NSCs at several stages in the adult brain. ..
- Cho G, Lim Y, Golden J. XLMR candidate mouse gene, Zcchc12 (Sizn1) is a novel marker of Cajal-Retzius cells. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:216-20 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel information on brain regions and cell types that express Sizn1, facilitating further investigations into the function of Sizn1 in both development and the pathogenesis of mental retardation. ..
- Gorokhova S, Bibert S, Geering K, Heintz N. A novel family of transmembrane proteins interacting with beta subunits of the Na,K-ATPase. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2394-410 pubmed..The neuronal expression of NKAIN proteins, their membrane localization and the temperature-sensitive paralysis of NKAIN Drosophila mutants strongly suggest that this novel protein family may be critical for neuronal function. ..
- Offenhauser N, Castelletti D, Mapelli L, Soppo B, Regondi M, Rossi P, et al. Increased ethanol resistance and consumption in Eps8 knockout mice correlates with altered actin dynamics. Cell. 2006;127:213-26 pubmed..In addition, Eps8 null neurons are resistant to the actin-remodeling activities of NMDA and ethanol. We propose that proper regulation of the actin cytoskeleton is a key determinant of cellular and behavioral responses to ethanol. ..
- Cannon J, Greenamyre J. NeuN is not a reliable marker of dopamine neurons in rat substantia nigra. Neurosci Lett. 2009;464:14-7 pubmed publisher..Vertebrate neuron-specific nuclear protein (NeuN) is reportedly expressed in most mammalian neurons...
- Sosanya N, Huang P, Cacheaux L, Chen C, Nguyen K, Perrone Bizzozero N, et al. Degradation of high affinity HuD targets releases Kv1.1 mRNA from miR-129 repression by mTORC1. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:53-69 pubmed publisher..1 mRNA. Hence, mTORC1 activity regulation of mRNA stability and high affinity HuD-target mRNA degradation mediates the bidirectional expression of dendritic Kv1.1 ion channels. ..
- Nielsen J, Nielsen F, Ismail R, Noraberg J, Jensen N. Hippocampus-like corticoneurogenesis induced by two isoforms of the BTB-zinc finger gene Zbtb20 in mice. Development. 2007;134:1133-40 pubmed..Overall, our in vivo data suggest that Zbtb20 functions as a molecular switch for a pathway that induces invariant pyramidal neuron morphogenesis and suppression of cell fate transitions in newborn neurons. ..
- Korzhevskiy D, Beznin G, Kolos Y, Kirik V. [CYTOPLASMIC LOCALIZATION OF NEUN/Fox-3 NUCLEAR PROTEIN IN THE PANCREATIC CELLS]. Morfologiia. 2015;148:88-90 pubmed..of immunocytochemistry and confocal laser microscopy has demonstrated previously unknown fact of the presence of NeuN protein in the secretory epithelial cells of the exocrine part of this organ...
- Marcal N, Patel H, Dong Z, Belanger Jasmin S, Hoffman B, Helgason C, et al. Antagonistic effects of Grg6 and Groucho/TLE on the transcription repression activity of brain factor 1/FoxG1 and cortical neuron differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10916-29 pubmed..Conversely, Grg6 knockdown by RNA interference causes decreased neurogenesis. These results identify a new role for Grg6 in cortical neuron development and establish a functional link between Grg6 and BF-1. ..
- Dent M, Segura Anaya E, Alva Medina J, Aranda Anzaldo A. NeuN/Fox-3 is an intrinsic component of the neuronal nuclear matrix. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2767-71 pubmed publisher..The predominant localization of NeuN/Fox-3 to neuronal nuclei and its role in splicing pose the question of the nuclear compartmentalization of such a protein...
- Feng R, Wang H, Wang J, Shrom D, Zeng X, Tsien J. Forebrain degeneration and ventricle enlargement caused by double knockout of Alzheimer's presenilin-1 and presenilin-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8162-7 pubmed..Thus, our study demonstrates that presenilins are essential for the ongoing maintenance of cortical structures and function. ..