Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ranbp2
Description: RAN binding protein 2
Alias: RGD1560047, E3 SUMO-protein ligase RanBP2
- Ma Z, Hill D, Collins M, Morris S, Sumegi J, Zhou M, et al. Fusion of ALK to the Ran-binding protein 2 (RANBP2) gene in inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;37:98-105 pubmed..Here we describe two IMTs with a novel ALK fusion that involves the Ran-binding protein 2 (RANBP2) gene at 2q13, which normally encodes a large (358-kDa) nucleopore protein localized at the cytoplasmic side of ..
- Hori K, Nagai T, Izumi Y, Kimura M, Hasuike Y, Nakayama Y, et al. Vasopressin V1a receptor is required for nucleocytoplasmic transport of mineralocorticoid receptor. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F1080-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that vasopressin directly regulates the nucleocytoplasmic transport of MRs via the V1aR in the intercalated cells of the collecting ducts. ..
- Hamard P, Boyer Guittaut M, Camuzeaux B, Dujardin D, Hauss C, OELGESCHLAGER T, et al. Sumoylation delays the ATF7 transcription factor subcellular localization and inhibits its transcriptional activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1134-44 pubmed..In the present article, we demonstrate that ATF7 is sumoylated in vitro (using RanBP2 as a E3-specific ligase) and in vivo...
- Felix R, Colleoni G, Caballero O, Yamamoto M, Almeida M, Andrade V, et al. SAGE analysis highlights the importance of p53csv, ddx5, mapkapk2 and ranbp2 to multiple myeloma tumorigenesis. Cancer Lett. 2009;278:41-8 pubmed publisher..P53CSV, DDX5, MAPKAPK2 and RANBP2 were found to be upregulated in at least 50% of the MM cases tested...
- Satow R, Shitashige M, Jigami T, Fukami K, Honda K, Kitabayashi I, et al. ?-catenin inhibits promyelocytic leukemia protein tumor suppressor function in colorectal cancer cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:572-81 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the involvement of a posttranslational mechanism in disruption of PML-NB organization in cancer cells and provide more information about the oncogenic functions of ?-catenin. ..
- Moroianu J, Hijikata M, Blobel G, Radu A. Mammalian karyopherin alpha 1 beta and alpha 2 beta heterodimers: alpha 1 or alpha 2 subunit binds nuclear localization signal and beta subunit interacts with peptide repeat-containing nucleoporins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6532-6 pubmed..In an overlay assay with SDS/PAGE-resolved and nitrocellulose-transferred proteins of the nuclear envelope, 35S-labeled karyopherin beta bound to at least four peptide repeat-containing nucleoporins--Nup358, Nup214, Nup153, and Nup98. ..
- Natalizio B, Wente S. Postage for the messenger: designating routes for nuclear mRNA export. Trends Cell Biol. 2013;23:365-73 pubmed publisher..We review here the current understanding of the mechanisms that characterize each pathway and highlight the determinants that influence mRNA transport fate. ..
- Mahajan R, Delphin C, Guan T, Gerace L, Melchior F. A small ubiquitin-related polypeptide involved in targeting RanGAP1 to nuclear pore complex protein RanBP2. Cell. 1997;88:97-107 pubmed..periphery of the nuclear pore complex (NPC), where it associates with the 358-kDa Ran-GTP-binding protein RanBP2. This interaction requires the ATP-dependent posttranslational conjugation of RanGAP1 with SUMO-1 (for small ..
- Rasala B, Orjalo A, Shen Z, Briggs S, Forbes D. ELYS is a dual nucleoporin/kinetochore protein required for nuclear pore assembly and proper cell division. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17801-6 pubmed..Thus, we have identified an unexpected member of the nuclear pore and kinetochore that functions in both pore assembly at the nucleus and faithful cell division. ..
- Pichler A, Knipscheer P, Saitoh H, Sixma T, Melchior F. The RanBP2 SUMO E3 ligase is neither HECT- nor RING-type. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:984-91 pubmed..Distinct E3 ligases strongly enhance modification of specific targets. The SUMO E3 ligase RanBP2 (also known as Nup358) has no obvious similarity to RING- or HECT-type enzymes...
- Saitoh N, Uchimura Y, Tachibana T, Sugahara S, Saitoh H, Nakao M. In situ SUMOylation analysis reveals a modulatory role of RanBP2 in the nuclear rim and PML bodies. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1418-30 pubmed..assay using a semi-intact cell system and subsequently combined it with siRNA-based knockdown of nucleoporin RanBP2, also known as Nup358, which is one of the known SUMO E3 proteins...
- Splinter D, Tanenbaum M, Lindqvist A, Jaarsma D, Flotho A, Yu K, et al. Bicaudal D2, dynein, and kinesin-1 associate with nuclear pore complexes and regulate centrosome and nuclear positioning during mitotic entry. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000350 pubmed publisher..spectrometry, biochemical and cell biological approaches, we show that the nuclear pore complex (NPC) component RanBP2 directly binds to BICD2 and recruits it to NPCs specifically in G2 phase of the cell cycle...
- Nagai M, Moriyama T, Mehmood R, Tokuhiro K, Ikawa M, Okabe M, et al. Mice lacking Ran binding protein 1 are viable and show male infertility. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:791-6 pubmed publisher..Maximal RanGAP activity is achieved with the aid of RanBP1 and/or presumably of RanBP2. Here, we show that RanBP1-knockout mice are unexpectedly viable, and exhibit male infertility due to a ..
- Tatham M, Kim S, Jaffray E, Song J, Chen Y, Hay R. Unique binding interactions among Ubc9, SUMO and RanBP2 reveal a mechanism for SUMO paralog selection. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:67-74 pubmed..NMR chemical shift perturbation was used to identify the surface of Ubc9 that interacts with the SUMO ligase RanBP2. Unlike known ubiquitin E2-E3 interactions, RanBP2 binds to the beta-sheet of Ubc9...
- Cho K, Searle K, Webb M, Yi H, Ferreira P. Ranbp2 haploinsufficiency mediates distinct cellular and biochemical phenotypes in brain and retinal dopaminergic and glia cells elicited by the Parkinsonian neurotoxin, 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP). Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:3511-27 pubmed publisher..The Ran-binding protein 2 (RanBP2) interactome modulates the expression of a range of clinical and cell-context-dependent manifestations upon a ..
- Frosst P, Guan T, Subauste C, Hahn K, Gerace L. Tpr is localized within the nuclear basket of the pore complex and has a role in nuclear protein export. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:617-30 pubmed..Nuclear injection of anti-Tpr antibodies in interphase cells similarly yielded inhibition of protein export but not import. These results indicate that Tpr is a nucleoporin of the nuclear basket with a role in nuclear protein export. ..
- Lin M, Sheng Z. Regulation of mitochondrial transport in neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2015;334:35-44 pubmed publisher..The review focuses on microtubule (MT)-based mitochondrial trafficking and anchoring. Additional insight from different perspectives can be found in other in-depth reviews. ..