Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab8a
Description: RAB8A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: Mel, Rab8, ras-related protein Rab-8A, mel transforming oncogene (derived from cell line NK14)- RAB8 homolog
- Veleri S, Manjunath S, Fariss R, May Simera H, Brooks M, Foskett T, et al. Ciliopathy-associated gene Cc2d2a promotes assembly of subdistal appendages on the mother centriole during cilia biogenesis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4207 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CC2D2A is essential for the assembly of subdistal appendages, which anchor cytoplasmic microtubules and prime the mother centriole for axoneme biogenesis. ..
- Elferink L, Anzai K, Scheller R. rab15, a novel low molecular weight GTP-binding protein specifically expressed in rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5768-75 pubmed..is closely related to members of the rab3 subfamily, whereas two others are assigned as the rat homologs of canine rab8 and rab10...
- Westfall J, Hoyt C, Liu Q, Hsiao Y, Pierce E, Page McCaw P, et al. Retinal degeneration and failure of photoreceptor outer segment formation in mice with targeted deletion of the Joubert syndrome gene, Ahi1. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8759-68 pubmed publisher..specific, and our evidence suggests that the defects are caused by a decrease in expression of the small GTPase Rab8a, a protein required for accurate polarized vesicular trafficking...
- Wang T, Liu Y, Xu X, Deng C, Wu K, Zhu J, et al. Lgl1 activation of rab10 promotes axonal membrane trafficking underlying neuronal polarization. Dev Cell. 2011;21:431-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Lgl1 regulation of Rab10 stimulates the trafficking of membrane precursor vesicles, whose fusion with the plasmalemma is crucial for axonal growth. ..
- Hsiao Y, Tong Z, Westfall J, Ault J, Page McCaw P, Ferland R. Ahi1, whose human ortholog is mutated in Joubert syndrome, is required for Rab8a localization, ciliogenesis and vesicle trafficking. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:3926-41 pubmed publisher..gene, whose human ortholog is mutated in Joubert syndrome, regulates cilium formation via its interaction with Rab8a, a small GTPase critical for polarized membrane trafficking...
- Nachury M, Loktev A, Zhang Q, Westlake C, Peranen J, Merdes A, et al. A core complex of BBS proteins cooperates with the GTPase Rab8 to promote ciliary membrane biogenesis. Cell. 2007;129:1201-13 pubmed..This ciliogenic function is mediated in part by the Rab8 GDP/GTP exchange factor, which localizes to the basal body and contacts the BBSome...
- Sellier C, Campanari M, Julie Corbier C, Gaucherot A, Kolb Cheynel I, Oulad Abdelghani M, et al. Loss of C9ORF72 impairs autophagy and synergizes with polyQ Ataxin-2 to induce motor neuron dysfunction and cell death. EMBO J. 2016;35:1276-97 pubmed publisher..we found that C9ORF72 forms a complex with the WDR41 and SMCR8 proteins to act as a GDP/GTP exchange factor for RAB8a and RAB39b and to thereby control autophagic flux...
- Sun Y, Chiu T, Foley K, Bilan P, Klip A. Myosin Va mediates Rab8A-regulated GLUT4 vesicle exocytosis in insulin-stimulated muscle cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1159-70 pubmed publisherRab-GTPases are important molecular switches regulating intracellular vesicle traffic, and we recently showed that Rab8A and Rab13 are activated by insulin in muscle to mobilize GLUT4-containing vesicles to the muscle cell surface...
- Rahajeng J, Giridharan S, Cai B, Naslavsky N, Caplan S. MICAL-L1 is a tubular endosomal membrane hub that connects Rab35 and Arf6 with Rab8a. Traffic. 2012;13:82-93 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest a model in which Rab35 is a critical upstream regulator of MICAL-L1 and Arf6, while both MICAL-L1 and Arf6 regulate Rab8a function.
- Sahlender D, Roberts R, Arden S, Spudich G, Taylor M, Luzio J, et al. Optineurin links myosin VI to the Golgi complex and is involved in Golgi organization and exocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:285-95 pubmed..Two further binding partners for optineurin have been identified: huntingtin and Rab8. We show that myosin VI and Rab8 colocalize around the Golgi complex and in vesicles at the plasma membrane and ..
- Chen Y, Wu B, Xu L, Li H, Xia J, Yin W, et al. A SNX10/V-ATPase pathway regulates ciliogenesis in vitro and in vivo. Cell Res. 2012;22:333-45 pubmed publisher..We further discover that SNX10 and V-ATPase regulate the ciliary trafficking of Rab8a, which is a critical regulator of ciliary membrane extension...
- Turturro S, Shen X, Shyam R, YUE B, Ying H. Effects of mutations and deletions in the human optineurin gene. Springerplus. 2014;3:99 pubmed publisher..Interactions of optineurin with proteins including Rab8, myosin VI, huntingtin and transferrin receptor might directly determine whether the Golgi and protein trafficking ..
- Cormont M, Tanti J, Zahraoui A, Van Obberghen E, Tavitian A, Le Marchand Brustel Y. Insulin and okadaic acid induce Rab4 redistribution in adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19491-7 pubmed..Rab3B, Rab3C, Rab4, and Rab8 were detected, but Rab3A was not...
- Uechi Y, Bayarjargal M, Umikawa M, Oshiro M, Takei K, Yamashiro Y, et al. Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:732-7 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate the involvement of palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization in cellular functions of Rap2 proteins. ..
- Yamamura R, Nishimura N, Nakatsuji H, Arase S, Sasaki T. The interaction of JRAB/MICAL-L2 with Rab8 and Rab13 coordinates the assembly of tight junctions and adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:971-83 pubmed..We then identified Rab8 as another JRAB/MICAL-L2-C-binding protein...
- Larance M, Ramm G, James D. The GLUT4 code. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:226-33 pubmed..Many are now taking on this challenge. ..
- Sharma M, Giridharan S, Rahajeng J, Naslavsky N, Caplan S. MICAL-L1 links EHD1 to tubular recycling endosomes and regulates receptor recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5181-94 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide unexpected evidence that endogenous MICAL-L1 can link both EHD1 and Rab8a to these structures, as its depletion leads to loss of the EHD1-Rab8a interaction and the absence of both of these ..
- Nechiporuk T, Fernandez T, Vasioukhin V. Failure of epithelial tube maintenance causes hydrocephalus and renal cysts in Dlg5-/- mice. Dev Cell. 2007;13:338-50 pubmed..These findings show that Dlg5 is causally involved in hydrocephalus and renal cysts and reveal that targeted membrane delivery of cadherin-catenin adhesion complexes is critical for cell polarity and epithelial tube maintenance. ..
- Chen Y, Lee N, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Fer kinase/FerT and adherens junction dynamics in the testis: an in vitro and in vivo study. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:656-72 pubmed..In summary, Fer kinase structurally associates with the N-cadherin/catenin protein complex in the testis and can possibly be used to mediate signaling function via the cadherin/catenin protein complex. ..
- Zhu H, Xue C, Xu X, Guo Y, Li X, Lu J, et al. Rab8a/Rab11a regulate intercellular communications between neural cells via tunneling nanotubes. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2523 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, downregulation of Rab8a or Rab11a in cultured SCs inhibited the formation of functional TNTs and vesicle transfer and led to decrease in ..