Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab3a
Description: RAB3A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: RAB3, Ras-related small GTP binding protein 3A, ras-related protein Rab-3A
- Involvement of Rab3A in vesicle priming during exocytosis: interaction with Munc13-1 and Munc18-1Chien Chang Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Traffic 12:1356-70. 2011b>Rab3A is a small G-protein of the Rab family that is involved in the late steps of exocytosis. Here, we studied the role of Rab3A and its relationship with Munc13-1 and Munc18-1 during vesicle priming...
- Binding to Rab3A-interacting molecule RIM regulates the presynaptic recruitment of Munc13-1 and ubMunc13-2Yaisa S Andrews-Zwilling
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hermann Rein Strasse 3, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:19720-31. 2006..that the active zone recruitment of Munc13 isoforms Munc13-1 and ubMunc13-2 is regulated by their binding to the Rab3A-interacting molecule RIM1alpha, a key determinant of long term potentiation of synaptic transmission at mossy ..
- Rabphilin regulates SNARE-dependent re-priming of synaptic vesicles for fusionFerenc Deak
Center for Basic Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9111, USA
EMBO J 25:2856-66. 2006..is catalyzed by assembly of synaptic SNARE complexes, and is regulated by the synaptic vesicle GTP-binding protein Rab3 that binds to RIM and to rabphilin...
- Glomerular podocytes possess the synaptic vesicle molecule Rab3A and its specific effector rabphilin-3aMaria Pia Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Laboratory, Associazione Nuova Nefrologia, c o San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Via Pio II, 20153 Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 163:889-99. 2003..In neurons, the small guanosine triphosphatase Rab3A and its effector rabphilin-3A form a complex required for the correct docking of synaptic vesicles to their target ..
- Molecular evolution of the Rab-escort-protein/guanine-nucleotide-dissociation-inhibitor superfamilyChristelle Alory
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology and The Institute for Childhood and Neglected Diseases, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92130, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:3857-67. 2003..We have now isolated REP mutant proteins that are able to partially function as both REP and GDI. These results provide molecular insight into the functional and evolutionary organization of the REP/GDI superfamily...
- Attenuation of zinc-induced neuronal death by the interaction of growth inhibitory factor with Rab3A in rat hippocampal neuronsYing Liu
National Key Laboratory of Protein Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Neurosci Lett 358:149-52. 2004..Neither the addition of recombinant GIF nor Rab3A alone could rescue these cells from death...
- Chemical genetics identifies Rab geranylgeranyl transferase as an apoptotic target of farnesyl transferase inhibitorsMark R Lackner
Exelixis Inc, 170 Harbor Way, South San Francisco, California 94083, USA
Cancer Cell 7:325-36. 2005..These findings validate RabGGT, and by extension endosomal function, as a therapeutically relevant target for modulation of apoptosis, and enhance our understanding of the mechanism of action of FTIs...
- Real-time imaging of Rab3a and Rab5a reveals differential roles in presynaptic functionErin N Star
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Physiol 569:103-17. 2005We investigated the roles of two Rab-family proteins, Rab3a and Rab5a, in hippocampal synaptic transmission using real-time fluorescence imaging...
- Distinct role of Rab3A and Rab3B in secretory activity of rat melanotrophsM Rupnik
Lab of Neuroendocrinology Molecular Cell Physiology, Institute of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, PO Box 2211, 1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C98-105. 2007..microscope-based analysis of immunocytochemistry to show that rat melanotrophs contain about equal amounts of Rab3A and Rab3B transcripts as well as proteins...
- Visualization of Rab3A dissociation during exocytosis: a study by total internal reflection microscopyC C Lin
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Genome Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Cell Physiol 211:316-26. 2007b>Rab3A is a small G protein in the Rab3 subfamily, and is thought to act at late stage of exocytosis. However, the detailed mechanism of its action is not completely understood...
- Differential dynamics of Rab3A and Rab27A on secretory granulesMark T W Handley
The Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK
J Cell Sci 120:973-84. 2007We have assessed the dynamics of the association of Rab3A and Rab27A with secretory granules at various stages of their life in PC12 cells...
- RIM3gamma is a postsynaptic protein in the rat central nervous systemFengyi Liang
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 4 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
J Comp Neurol 503:501-10. 2007RIMs (Rab3-interacting molecules) are synaptic proteins essential for neural transmission and plasticity. RIM1alpha has been implicated in membrane trafficking and regulation of secretory vesicle exocytosis in eukaryotic cells...
- Role for Rab3a in oligodendrocyte morphological differentiationMihaela Anitei
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3401, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:342-52. 2009b>Rab3a, a small GTPase important for exocytosis, is uniquely up-regulated as oligodendrocytes enter terminal differentiation and initiate myelin biosynthesis...
- Mechanisms of biphasic insulin-granule exocytosis - roles of the cytoskeleton, small GTPases and SNARE proteinsZhanxiang Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Cell Sci 122:893-903. 2009....
- Quantitative analysis of synaptic vesicle Rabs uncovers distinct yet overlapping roles for Rab3a and Rab27b in Ca2+-triggered exocytosisNathan J Pavlos
Department of Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
J Neurosci 30:13441-53. 2010..iTRAQ) together with quantitative immunoblotting and fluorescence microscopy, we have determined the exocytotic (Rab3a, Rab3b, Rab3c, and Rab27b) and endocytic (Rab4b, Rab5a/b, Rab10, Rab11b, and Rab14) Rab machinery of SVs...
- Myosin5a tail associates directly with Rab3A-containing compartments in neuronsTorsten Wollert
Department of Biological Sciences, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 286:14352-61. 2011..A potential class of binding partners are Rab GTPases and Rab3A is known to associate with SVs and is involved in SV trafficking...
- Rab-alphaGDI activity is regulated by a Hsp90 chaperone complexToshiaki Sakisaka
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 21:6125-35. 2002..is sensitive to the Hsp90 inhibitor geldanamycin (GA) and that GA inhibits the ability of alphaGDI to recycle Rab3A during neurotransmitter release...
- Pancreatic beta-cell protein granuphilin binds Rab3 and Munc-18 and controls exocytosisThierry Coppola
University of Lausanne, Institut de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, Lausanne, Switzerland 1005
Mol Biol Cell 13:1906-15. 2002..found to bind to two components of the secretory machinery of pancreatic beta-cells, the small GTP-binding protein Rab3 and the soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor (SNARE)-binding protein Munc-18...
- Complete coding sequences of the ras related rab 3 and 4 cDNAsA Zahraoui
INSERM U 248, Faculte de Medecine Lariboisiere Saint Louis, Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 16:1204. 1988
- Interaction cloning of Rabin3, a novel protein that associates with the Ras-like GTPase Rab3AW H Brondyk
Department of Pathology, Vermont Cancer Center, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405 0068
Mol Cell Biol 15:1137-43. 1995b>Rab3A is a small, Ras-like GTPase expressed in neuroendocrine cells, in which it is associated with secretory vesicle membranes and regulates exocytosis...
- The involvement of the small GTP-binding protein Rab5a in neuronal endocytosisM J De Hoop
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Cell Biology Program, Federal Republic of Germany
Neuron 13:11-22. 1994..These results show a role for Rab5a in axonal and dendritic endocytosis, and the presence of Rab5a on synaptic vesicles indicates that the axonal endosomes participate in the biogenesis of these vesicles...
- Rho proteins are localized with different membrane compartments involved in vesicular trafficking in anterior pituitary cellsD Cussac
I C N E UMR 9941 CNRS Institut Jean Roche Faculté de Médecine Nord, Marseille, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 119:195-206. 1996..b>Rab3 was localized like a fraction of synaptophysin, suggesting a role for rab3 in the targeting of "synaptic-like' ..
- Isolation and characterization of a dual prenylated Rab and VAMP2 receptorI Martincic
Department of Medicine and Biochemistry, Loeb Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4E9, Canada
J Biol Chem 272:26991-8. 1997..Using the yeast two-hybrid screen, we have isolated a rat clone that interacts with Rab3A as well as with Rab1. The gene encodes a 20...
- Structural basis of Rab effector specificity: crystal structure of the small G protein Rab3A complexed with the effector domain of rabphilin-3AC Ostermeier
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cell 96:363-74. 1999The small G protein Rab3A plays an important role in the regulation of neurotransmitter release. The crystal structure of activated Rab3A/GTP/Mg2+ bound to the effector domain of rabphilin-3A was solved to 2.6 A resolution...
- Structural basis of activation and GTP hydrolysis in Rab proteinsJ J Dumas
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Structure 7:413-23. 1999..Despite conservation of critical residues involved in nucleotide binding and hydrolysis, Rab proteins exhibit low sequence identity with other GTPases, and the structural basis for Rab function remains poorly characterized...
- A plethora of presynaptic proteins associated with ATP-storing organelles in cultured astrocytesV Maienschein
Biozentrum der J W Goethe Universität, AK Neurochemie, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Glia 26:233-44. 1999..organellar association of a large variety of synaptic proteins (synaptobrevin II, synaptotagmin I, synaptophysin, rab3a, synapsin I, SNAP-25, and syntaxin I) and also of the ubiquitous cellubrevin...
- The RIM/NIM family of neuronal C2 domain proteins. Interactions with Rab3 and a new class of Src homology 3 domain proteinsY Wang
Center for Basic Neuroscience, Department of Molecular Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9111, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20033-44. 2000..RIM1 is localized close to the active zone at the synapse, where it interacts in a GTP-dependent manner with Rab3 located on synaptic vesicles...
- Identification of Rab6 as an N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein-binding proteinS Y Han
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Biochem J 352:165-73. 2000..Furthermore, we found that Rab3 and Rab4 can also associate with NSF and stimulate its ATPase activity...
- A direct inhibitory role for the Rab3-specific effector, Noc2, in Ca2+-regulated exocytosis in neuroendocrine cellsL P Haynes
Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:9726-32. 2001..b>Rab3A is a neural/neuroendocrine-specific member of the Rab family involved in Ca(2+) -regulated exocytosis, where it ..
- GRAB: a physiologic guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rab3A, which interacts with inositol hexakisphosphate kinaseH R Luo
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 725 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 31:439-51. 2001..the identification, cloning, and characterization of a novel protein, GRAB (guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rab3A), which interacts with both InsP6K1 and Rab3A, a Ras-like GTPase that regulates synaptic vesicle exocytosis...
- Coordinate regulation of catecholamine uptake by rab3 and phosphoinositide 3-kinaseSharon C Francis
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 277:7816-23. 2002..b>rab3A and rab3B also increased NE uptake into large dense core vesicles in digitonin-permeabilized PC12 cells, which ..
- Localization of the small monomeric GTPases Rab3D and Rab3A in the AtT-20 rat pituitary cell lineG Tabellini
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana Normale, Universita degli Studi di Trieste, Italy
Eur J Histochem 45:347-56. 2001We investigated the cellular localization of the small GTPases Rab3D and Rab3A in AtT-20 cells treated with the drug Brefeldin A...
- GTP binds to Rab3A in a complex with Ca2+/calmodulinJae Bong Park
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Kangwon Do, 200 702, South Korea
Biochem J 362:651-7. 2002..b>Rab3A is present as either the soluble or the SV membrane-bound form in neurons that are dependent on the GDP- or GTP-..
- Four additional members of the ras gene superfamily isolated by an oligonucleotide strategy: molecular cloning of YPT-related cDNAs from a rat brain libraryN Touchot
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U 248, Faculte de Medecine Lariboisiere Saint Louis, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:8210-4. 1987..rab1 is a mammalian homolog of the yeast YPT gene, and the four rab genes constitute an additional branch of the ras gene superfamily that to our knowledge has not been described in higher eukaryotes...