Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab11a
Description: RAB11a, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: ras-related protein Rab-11A, 24KG, rab-11
- Bilan F, Nacfer M, Fresquet F, Norez C, Melin P, Martin Berge A, et al. Endosomal SNARE proteins regulate CFTR activity and trafficking in epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2199-211 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found a colocalization of CFTR and endosomal SNARE proteins in Rab11-positive recycling endosomes, suggesting a new role for endosomal SNARE proteins in CFTR trafficking in epithelial cells. ..
- Uhlig M, Passlack W, Eckel J. Identification and characterization of a novel variant in the highly conserved catalytic center of Rab11a. Eur J Med Genet. 2006;49:29-36 pubmedSmall GTPases of the Rab family regulate vesicular traffic and distribution of proteins in different cell types. Rab11a is a member of this GTP hydrolyzing protein class and acts as a mediator of insulin stimulated translocation of the ..
- Brown T, Correia S, Petrok C, Esteban J. Functional compartmentalization of endosomal trafficking for the synaptic delivery of AMPA receptors during long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13311-5 pubmed
- Hehnly H, Doxsey S. Rab11 endosomes contribute to mitotic spindle organization and orientation. Dev Cell. 2014;28:497-507 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab11 and its associated endosomes cocontribute to these processes through retrograde transport to poles by dynein...
- Eathiraj S, Mishra A, Prekeris R, Lambright D. Structural basis for Rab11-mediated recruitment of FIP3 to recycling endosomes. J Mol Biol. 2006;364:121-35 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that FIP3 can form homo-oligomers in cells, and that a critical determinant of Rab11 binding in vitro is necessary for FIP3 recruitment to recycling endosomes during cytokinesis. ..
- Uechi Y, Bayarjargal M, Umikawa M, Oshiro M, Takei K, Yamashiro Y, et al. Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:732-7 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate the involvement of palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization in cellular functions of Rap2 proteins. ..
- Takano T, Tomomura M, Yoshioka N, Tsutsumi K, Terasawa Y, Saito T, et al. LMTK1/AATYK1 is a novel regulator of axonal outgrowth that acts via Rab11 in a Cdk5-dependent manner. J Neurosci. 2012;32:6587-99 pubmed publisher..at Ser34, the Cdk5 phosphorylation site, at the time of axonal outgrowth in culture and colocalized with Rab11A, the small GTPase that regulates recycling endosome traffic, at the perinuclear region and in the axon...
- Prekeris R, Klumperman J, Scheller R. A Rab11/Rip11 protein complex regulates apical membrane trafficking via recycling endosomes. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1437-48 pubmed..The association of Rip11 with membranes is regulated by a phosphorylation and dephosphorylation cycle. We propose a model whereby the Rab11/Rip 11 complex regulates vesicle targeting from the ARE. ..
- Pasqualato S, Cherfils J. Crystallographic evidence for substrate-assisted GTP hydrolysis by a small GTP binding protein. Structure. 2005;13:533-40 pubmed..Furthermore, this interaction should establish at, and stabilize, the transition state. Altogether, we propose a revised model for the GTPase reaction that should reconcile earlier models into a unique substrate-assisted mechanism. ..
- Larkin J, Coleman H, Espinosa A, Levenson A, Park M, Woo B, et al. Intracellular accumulation of pIgA-R and regulators of transcytotic trafficking in cholestatic rat hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2003;38:1199-209 pubmed..However, BDL impaired transcytosis, causing (1) accumulation of the pIgA-R, rab3D, rab11a, and other candidate regulators of apical-directed secretion in a crude vesicle carrier fraction (CVCF) enriched ..
- Sirokmány G, Szidonya L, Káldi K, Gaborik Z, Ligeti E, Geiszt M. Sec14 homology domain targets p50RhoGAP to endosomes and provides a link between Rab and Rho GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6096-105 pubmed..We suggest that p50RhoGAP provides a link between Rab and Rho GTPases in the regulation of receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Savina A, Fader C, Damiani M, Colombo M. Rab11 promotes docking and fusion of multivesicular bodies in a calcium-dependent manner. Traffic. 2005;6:131-43 pubmed..The results suggest that both Rab11 and calcium are involved in the homotypic fusion of MVBs. ..
- Furman C, Lo C, Stokes S, Esteban J, Gnegy M. Rab 11 regulates constitutive dopamine transporter trafficking and function in N2A neuroblastoma cells. Neurosci Lett. 2009;463:78-81 pubmed publisher..We found that constitutively active Rab 11 upregulates DAT function and surface expression while neither the constitutively active nor the dominant negative ..
- Scales S, Hesser B, Masuda E, Scheller R. Amisyn, a novel syntaxin-binding protein that may regulate SNARE complex assembly. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28271-9 pubmed
- Podyma Inoue K, Moriwaki T, Rajapakshe A, Terasawa K, Hara Yokoyama M. Characterization of Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan-positive Recycling Endosomes Isolated from Glioma Cells. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2016;13:443-452 pubmed..Part of HSPGs in glioma cells is internalized through clathrin-dependent endocytosis and undergo recycling. The development of compounds regulating HSPG-mediated trafficking will likely enable design of effective glioma treatment. ..
- Sakurada K, Uchida K, Yamaguchi K, Aisaka K, Ito S, Ohmori T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a ras p21-like GTP-binding protein (24KG) from rat liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:1224-32 pubmedWe have isolated cDNA clones from a rat liver cDNA library that encode a ras p21-like small GTP-binding protein (24KG) which was purified from the microsomes-Golgi complex fraction of the rat liver...
- Boone M, Deen P. Physiology and pathophysiology of the vasopressin-regulated renal water reabsorption. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:1005-24 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on our recent increase in understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying AVP-regulated renal water transport in both health and disease. ..
- Shirane M, Nakayama K. Protrudin induces neurite formation by directional membrane trafficking. Science. 2006;314:818-21 pubmed..Thus, protrudin regulates Rab11-dependent membrane recycling to promote the directional membrane trafficking required for neurite formation. ..
- Zhu H, Xue C, Xu X, Guo Y, Li X, Lu J, et al. Rab8a/Rab11a regulate intercellular communications between neural cells via tunneling nanotubes. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2523 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, downregulation of Rab8a or Rab11a in cultured SCs inhibited the formation of functional TNTs and vesicle transfer and led to decrease in cell ..
- Shiba T, Koga H, Shin H, Kawasaki M, Kato R, Nakayama K, et al. Structural basis for Rab11-dependent membrane recruitment of a family of Rab11-interacting protein 3 (FIP3)/Arfophilin-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15416-21 pubmed..The bivalent interaction of FIP3 with Rab11 at the C terminus allows FIP3 to coordinately function with other binding partners, including ARFs. ..
- Beaumont K, Hamilton N, Moores M, Brown D, Ohbayashi N, Cairncross O, et al. The recycling endosome protein Rab17 regulates melanocytic filopodia formation and melanosome trafficking. Traffic. 2011;12:627-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal new functions for RE and Rab17 in pigmentation through a distal step in the process of melanosome release via filopodia. ..
- Verges M, Havel R, Mostov K. A tubular endosomal fraction from rat liver: biochemical evidence of receptor sorting by default. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10146-51 pubmed..In addition, RRC was very rich in proteins previously shown to be associated with recycling endosomes, such as rab 11, cellubrevin, and endobrevin, but relatively poor in early endosome antigen 1...
- Schindler C, Chen Y, Pu J, Guo X, Bonifacino J. EARP is a multisubunit tethering complex involved in endocytic recycling. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:639-50 pubmed publisher..Depletion of syndetin or syntaxin 6 delays recycling of internalized transferrin to the cell surface. These findings implicate EARP in canonical membrane-fusion events in the process of endocytic recycling. ..
- Liu X, Hong Q, Wang Z, Yu Y, Zou X, Xu L. MiR-21 inhibits autophagy by targeting Rab11a in renal ischemia/reperfusion. Exp Cell Res. 2015;338:64-9 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR and western blotting assay showed that miR-21 mimics inhibited the protein level of Rab11a, but not the mRNA level. A luciferase activity assay showed that miR-21 directly targeted Rab11a 3'-UTR...
- Esteves da Silva M, Adrian M, SchÃ¤tzle P, Lipka J, Watanabe T, Cho S, et al. Positioning of AMPA Receptor-Containing Endosomes Regulates Synapse Architecture. Cell Rep. 2015;13:933-43 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a mechanistic link between endosome positioning and postsynaptic structure and composition. ..
- Yuasa K, Yamagami S, Nagahama M, Tsuji A. Trafficking of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II via interaction with Rab11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:522-6 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Rab11b is necessary for the trafficking of cGK-II and that the cGMP/cGK-II signaling pathway is closely related to Rab11b recycling pathway. ..
- Jagoe W, Lindsay A, Read R, McCoy A, McCaffrey M, Khan A. Crystal structure of rab11 in complex with rab11 family interacting protein 2. Structure. 2006;14:1273-83 pubmed..The complex reveals the structural basis for Rab11 recognition by FIPs and suggests the molecular mechanisms underlying endocytic recycling pathways. ..
- Balse E, El Haou S, Dillanian G, Dauphin A, Eldstrom J, Fedida D, et al. Cholesterol modulates the recruitment of Kv1.5 channels from Rab11-associated recycling endosome in native atrial myocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14681-6 pubmed publisher..This process could be a major mechanism for the tuning of cardiac electrical properties and might contribute to the understanding of cardiac effects of lipid-lowering drugs. ..
- Schwenk R, Eckel J. A novel method to monitor insulin-stimulated GTP-loading of Rab11a in cardiomyocytes. Cell Signal. 2007;19:825-30 pubmedAs a member of the Rab small GTPase family, Rab11a has been shown to be involved in different vesicle trafficking processes...
- Wilson G, Fielding A, Simon G, Yu X, Andrews P, Hames R, et al. The FIP3-Rab11 protein complex regulates recycling endosome targeting to the cleavage furrow during late cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:849-60 pubmed..We propose that the dynamic Rab11-FIP3 interaction controls the delivery, targeting, and fusion of recycling endosomes with furrow during late cytokinesis and abscission. ..
- Roosterman D, Cottrell G, Schmidlin F, Steinhoff M, Bunnett N. Recycling and resensitization of the neurokinin 1 receptor. Influence of agonist concentration and Rab GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30670-9 pubmed..NK1R translocated from superficial early endosomes to recycling endosomes containing Rab4a and Rab11a, and Rab11aS25N inhibited NK1R recycling...