Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ptpn2
Description: protein tyrosine phosphatase, non-receptor type 2
Alias: tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 2, protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTP-S
- Moore F, Colli M, Cnop M, Esteve M, Cardozo A, Cunha D, et al. PTPN2, a candidate gene for type 1 diabetes, modulates interferon-gamma-induced pancreatic beta-cell apoptosis. Diabetes. 2009;58:1283-91 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide association scans recently identified novel susceptibility genes including the phosphatases PTPN22 and PTPN2. We hypothesized that PTPN2 plays a direct role in beta-cell demise and assessed PTPN2 expression in human islets ..
- Lu X, Chen J, Sasmono R, Hsi E, Sarosiek K, Tiganis T, et al. T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase, distinctively expressed in activated-B-cell-like diffuse large B-cell lymphomas, is the nuclear phosphatase of STAT6. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2166-79 pubmed
- Radha V, Kamatkar S, Swarup G. Binding of a protein-tyrosine phosphatase to DNA through its carboxy-terminal noncatalytic domain. Biochemistry. 1993;32:2194-201 pubmed..coli did not bind to DNA. These results suggest that a nontransmembrane protein-tyrosine phosphatase, PTP-S, binds to DNA in vitro through its carboxy-terminal noncatalytic region. ..
- Ren F, Geng Y, Minami T, Qiu Y, Feng Y, Liu C, et al. Nuclear termination of STAT3 signaling through SIPAR (STAT3-Interacting Protein As a Repressor)-dependent recruitment of T cell tyrosine phosphatase TC-PTP. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:1890-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIPAR terminates the activation of STAT3 through a dephosphorylation process that is dependent upon interaction with TC45 in the nucleus. ..
- Muppirala M, Gupta V, Swarup G. Tyrosine phosphorylation of a SNARE protein, syntaxin 17: implications for membrane trafficking in the early secretory pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:2109-19 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of syntaxin 17 is likely to have a role in regulating syntaxin 17 dependent membrane trafficking in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Reddy R, Swarup G. Alternative splicing generates four different forms of a non-transmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatase mRNA. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:1007-15 pubmed..Two of these forms, PTP-S1 and PTP-S3, were not found in human cells, possibly due to the loss of an internal splice acceptor site in one of the exons, suggesting the occurrence of species-specific splicing in this gene. ..
- Mattila E, Pellinen T, Nevo J, Vuoriluoto K, Arjonen A, Ivaska J. Negative regulation of EGFR signalling through integrin-alpha1beta1-mediated activation of protein tyrosine phosphatase TCPTP. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:78-85 pubmed..These data are the first demonstration of the regulation of TCPTP activity in vivo and represent a new molecular paradigm of integrin-mediated negative regulation of receptor tyrosine kinase signalling. ..
- Li H, Spagnol G, Naslavsky N, Caplan S, Sorgen P. TC-PTP directly interacts with connexin43 to regulate gap junction intercellular communication. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3269-79 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify an interaction between the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase (TC-PTP, officially known as PTPN2) and the carboxyl terminus of connexin43 (Cx43, officially known as GJA1)...
- van Vliet C, Bukczynska P, Puryer M, Sadek C, Shields B, Tremblay M, et al. Selective regulation of tumor necrosis factor-induced Erk signaling by Src family kinases and the T cell protein tyrosine phosphatase. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:253-60 pubmed..These results link TCPTP and Src tyrosine kinases to the selective regulation of TNF-induced MAPK signaling and identify a previously unknown mechanism for modulating inflammatory responses mediated by TNF. ..
- Wiede F, Shields B, Chew S, Kyparissoudis K, van Vliet C, Galic S, et al. T cell protein tyrosine phosphatase attenuates T cell signaling to maintain tolerance in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:4758-74 pubmed publisher..Single nucleotide polymorphisms in PTPN2, which encodes T cell protein tyrosine phosphatase (TCPTP), have been linked with the development of several ..
- Valentino L, Pierre J. JAK/STAT signal transduction: regulators and implication in hematological malignancies. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;71:713-21 pubmed..Furthermore, silencing of socs-1 and shp-1 expression by gene methylation is observed in some cancer cells. ..
- Sangwan V, Paliouras G, Abella J, Dubé N, Monast A, Tremblay M, et al. Regulation of the Met receptor-tyrosine kinase by the protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B and T-cell phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34374-83 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that PTP1B and TCPTP play distinct and non-redundant roles in the regulation of the Met receptor-tyrosine kinase. ..
- Persson C, Sävenhed C, Bourdeau A, Tremblay M, Markova B, Bohmer F, et al. Site-selective regulation of platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor tyrosine phosphorylation by T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2190-201 pubmed..In summary, our findings identify TC-PTP as a previously unrecognized negative regulator of PDGF beta receptor signaling and support the general notion that PTPs display site selectivity in their action on tyrosine kinase receptors. ..
- Colli M, Moore F, Gurzov E, Ortis F, Eizirik D. MDA5 and PTPN2, two candidate genes for type 1 diabetes, modify pancreatic beta-cell responses to the viral by-product double-stranded RNA. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:135-46 pubmed publisher..We presently evaluated whether modulation of MDA5 and PTPN2, two candidate genes for T1D, affects beta-cell responses to double-stranded RNA (dsRNA), a by-product of viral ..
- Fukushima A, Loh K, Galic S, Fam B, Shields B, Wiede F, et al. T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase attenuates STAT3 and insulin signaling in the liver to regulate gluconeogenesis. Diabetes. 2010;59:1906-14 pubmed publisher..Here we have used Ptpn2+/- mice to investigate TCPTP's function in glucose homeostasis...
- Sree N, Anesh R, Radha V. Dynamic changes in nuclear localization of a DNA-binding protein tyrosine phosphatase TCPTP in response to DNA damage and replication arrest. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2012;28:409-19 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for the regulation of TCPTP in response to DNA damage and replication stress. Dynamic changes in its localization coincident with that of PCNA suggest involvement of TCPTP in DNA repair and replication. ..
- Swarup G, Kamatkar S, Radha V, Rema V. Molecular cloning and expression of a protein-tyrosine phosphatase showing homology with transcription factors Fos and Jun. FEBS Lett. 1991;280:65-9 pubmed..7 kb transcript was present in many tissues and cells, the highest level being in macrophages. This PTPase is a rat homolog of human T-cell PTPase although it shows 3 large deletions in the carboxy terminal non-catalytic region. ..