Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ptgfr
Description: prostaglandin F receptor
Alias: PF2AR, prostaglandin F2-alpha receptor, PGF receptor, PGF2-alpha receptor, prostanoid FP receptor
- Yonekura H, Sakurai S, Liu X, Migita H, Wang H, Yamagishi S, et al. Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35172-8 pubmed..Furthermore, antisense inhibition of PlGF protein production lowered the endothelial cell synthesis of DNA under hypoxic conditions. The results suggest that these VEGF family members may also take active parts in angiogenesis. ..
- Mu J, Kanzaki T, Si X, Tomimatsu T, Fukuda H, Shioji M, et al. Apoptosis and related proteins in placenta of intrauterine fetal death in prostaglandin f receptor-deficient mice. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:1968-74 pubmed..Thus, significantly increased apoptosis in the mouse placenta and decidua might be involved in the pathophysiologic mechanism of intrauterine fetal death. ..
- Wang S, Yang Q, Fung K, Lin H. AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 mediated prostaglandin D2 metabolism augments the PI3K/Akt proliferative signaling pathway in human prostate cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;289:60-6 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of AKR1C2 or AKR1C3 did not alter levels of PGF receptor (FP) expression...
- Liang Y, Woodward D, Guzman V, Li C, Scott D, Wang J, et al. Identification and pharmacological characterization of the prostaglandin FP receptor and FP receptor variant complexes. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;154:1079-93 pubmed publisher..Hence, FP-altFP complexes may represent the underlying basis of bimatoprost pharmacology. ..
- Fukuda M, Aoki T, Manabe T, Maekawa A, Shirakawa T, Kataoka H, et al. Exacerbation of intracranial aneurysm and aortic dissection in hypertensive rat treated with the prostaglandin F-receptor antagonist AS604872. J Pharmacol Sci. 2014;126:230-42 pubmed
- Lake S, Gullberg H, Wahlqvist J, Sjögren A, Kinhult A, Lind P, et al. Cloning of the rat and human prostaglandin F2 alpha receptors and the expression of the rat prostaglandin F2 alpha receptor. FEBS Lett. 1994;355:317-25 pubmed..Using [3H]PGF2 alpha, binding of PGs showed the rank order of fluprostenol > PhXA70 > PGF2 alpha > or = PhXA85 > PGD2 > PGE2. ..
- Takayama K, Yuhki K, Ono K, Fujino T, Hara A, Yamada T, et al. Thromboxane A2 and prostaglandin F2alpha mediate inflammatory tachycardia. Nat Med. 2005;11:562-6 pubmed..Our results show that inflammatory tachycardia is caused by a direct action on the heart of TXA(2) and PGF(2alpha) formed under systemic inflammatory conditions. ..