Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Psmc5
Description: proteasome 26S subunit, ATPase 5
Alias: Sug1, 26S proteasome regulatory subunit 8, 26S protease regulatory subunit 8, 26S proteasome AAA-ATPase subunit RPT6, TRIP1, for proteasomal ATPase (SUG1), p45/SUG, peptidase (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, ATPase 5, protease (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, ATPase 5, proteasomal ATPase (SUG1), proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, ATPase, 5, proteasome p45/SUG, proteasome subunit p45, thyroid hormone receptor-interacting protein 1
- Lee J, Choi H, Gyuris J, Brent R, Moore D. Two classes of proteins dependent on either the presence or absence of thyroid hormone for interaction with the thyroid hormone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:243-54 pubmed
- Grand R, Turnell A, Mason G, Wang W, Milner A, Mymryk J, et al. Adenovirus early region 1A protein binds to mammalian SUG1-a regulatory component of the proteasome. Oncogene. 1999;18:449-58 pubmed..infection of human cells with Ad5 wt and Ad5 mutants with lesions in the E1A gene it has been shown that human SUG1 can be co-immunoprecipitated with full-length E1A and with E1A carrying a deletion in conserved region 1 which is ..
- Makino Y, Yamano K, Kanemaki M, Morikawa K, Kishimoto T, Shimbara N, et al. SUG1, a component of the 26 S proteasome, is an ATPase stimulated by specific RNAs. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23201-5 pubmedb>SUG1 is an integral component of the 26 S proteasome. Belonging to a novel putative ATPase family, it shares four conserved motifs characteristic of ATP-dependent DNA/RNA helicases...
- Weeda G, Rossignol M, Fraser R, Winkler G, Vermeulen W, van T Veer L, et al. The XPB subunit of repair/transcription factor TFIIH directly interacts with SUG1, a subunit of the 26S proteasome and putative transcription factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:2274-83 pubmed..in patients we used the yeast two-hybrid system and report the isolation of a novel XPB interacting protein, SUG1. The interaction was validated in vivo and in vitro in the following manner...
- Kazahari K, Nomoto K, Nakazato S, Ono M. Gene coding for the transcription factor, SUG/proteasome, p45 is located nearly 40 kb downstream from the rat growth hormone gene. Gene. 1997;198:323-7 pubmed..From exon 2 to 11, the size of each rSUG/p45 exon was identical with the corresponding exon of the 4.4 kb pig gene. Rat SUG/p45 mRNA was similarly expressed in seven different tissues and one cell line. ..
- Bingol B, Wang C, Arnott D, Cheng D, Peng J, Sheng M. Autophosphorylated CaMKIIalpha acts as a scaffold to recruit proteasomes to dendritic spines. Cell. 2010;140:567-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a scaffolding role of postsynaptic CaMKIIalpha in activity-dependent proteasome redistribution, which is commensurate with the great abundance of CaMKIIalpha in synapses. ..
- Rezvani K, Baalman K, Teng Y, Mee M, Dawson S, Wang H, et al. Proteasomal degradation of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 1? is mediated by Homer-3 via the proteasomal S8 ATPase: Signal transduction and synaptic transmission. J Neurochem. 2012;122:24-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that long Homer-3 proteins control the degradation of mGluR1? receptors by shuttling ubiquitinated mGluR-1? receptors to the 26S proteasome via the S8 ATPase which may modulate synaptic transmission. ..
- Leeb T, Rettenberger G, Breech J, Hameister H, Brenig B. The porcine gene TBP10 encodes a protein homologous to the human tat-binding protein/26S protease subunit family. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:180-5 pubmed..has highest similarity to the human and bovine p45 subunit of the 26S protease and the human transcription factor TRIP1. Further similarities were detected to the slime mold protein DdTBP1O and the Schizosaccharomyces pombe and ..
- Makino Y, Yogosawa S, Kanemaki M, Yoshida T, Yamano K, Kishimoto T, et al. Structures of the rat proteasomal ATPases: determination of highly conserved structural motifs and rules for their spacing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;220:1049-54 pubmed..The protein sequences of rat TBP1, TBP7, MSS1, S4, and SUG1 predicted from the open reading frames consist of 439, 418, 433, 440, and 406 amino acid residues, respectively, ..
- Fan M, Long X, Bailey J, Reed C, Osborne E, Gize E, et al. The activating enzyme of NEDD8 inhibits steroid receptor function. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:315-30 pubmed..Understanding the mechanisms controlling hormone responsiveness of target tissues, such as the uterus and mammary gland, may lead to novel insights of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Rousseau E, Kojima R, Hoffner G, Djian P, Bertolotti A. Misfolding of proteins with a polyglutamine expansion is facilitated by proteasomal chaperones. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1917-29 pubmed publisher..Rather, aggregation is elicited by chaperone subunits of the 19S particle independently of proteolysis. ..
- Rochette Egly C, Germain P. Dynamic and combinatorial control of gene expression by nuclear retinoic acid receptors (RARs). Nucl Recept Signal. 2009;7:e005 pubmed publisher..Here we will review these mechanisms, focusing on how kinase signaling and the proteasome pathway cooperate to influence the dynamics of RAR transcriptional activity. ..
- Kallijärvi J, Lahtinen U, Hamalainen R, Lipsanen Nyman M, Palvimo J, Lehesjoki A. TRIM37 defective in mulibrey nanism is a novel RING finger ubiquitin E3 ligase. Exp Cell Res. 2005;308:146-55 pubmed..These findings suggest that TRIM37 acts as a TRIM domain-dependent E3 ubiquitin ligase and imply defective ubiquitin-dependent degradation of an as-yet-unidentified target protein in the pathogenesis of mulibrey nanism. ..
- Zhang F, Hu Y, Huang P, Toleman C, Paterson A, Kudlow J. Proteasome function is regulated by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase through phosphorylation of Rpt6. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22460-71 pubmed..Thus, hormones using the PKA system can also regulate proteasomes often in concert with glucose metabolism. This finding might lead to novel strategies for the treatment of proteasome-related diseases. ..
- Makino Y, Yoshida T, Yogosawa S, Tanaka K, Muramatsu M, Tamura T. Multiple mammalian proteasomal ATPases, but not proteasome itself, are associated with TATA-binding protein and a novel transcriptional activator, TIP120. Genes Cells. 1999;4:529-39 pubmedb>SUG1 belongs to proteasomal ATPase. Previous studies have demonstrated that SUG1 is associated with TBP. It is assumed to be involved in transcriptional regulation in addition to proteolysis...
- Djakovic S, Marquez Lona E, Jakawich S, Wright R, Chu C, Sutton M, et al. Phosphorylation of Rpt6 regulates synaptic strength in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5126-31 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that CaMKII-dependent phosphorylation of Rpt6 at S120 may be an important regulatory mechanism for proteasome-dependent control of synaptic remodeling in slow homeostatic plasticity. ..
- Tipler C, Hutchon S, Hendil K, Tanaka K, Fishel S, Mayer R. Purification and characterization of 26S proteasomes from human and mouse spermatozoa. Mol Hum Reprod. 1997;3:1053-60 pubmed..is provided by detection of the 20S proteasome subunits HC2, XAPC7, RN3 and Z and regulatory ATPases MSS1, TBP1, SUG1 and SUG2 by Western analyses with monoclonal antisera...