Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prss2
Description: protease, serine, 2
Alias: Ptryss2, anionic trypsin-2, anionic trypsin II, pancreatic trypsin 2, pancreatic trypsin II, pretrypsinogen II, serine protease 2
- Ye S, Cech A, Belmares R, Bergstrom R, Tong Y, Corey D, et al. The structure of a Michaelis serpin-protease complex. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:979-83 pubmed..The serine residue C-terminal to the scissile peptide bond is found in a closer than usual interaction with His 57 at the active site of trypsin. ..
- Lucas J, True L, Hawley S, Matsumura M, Morrissey C, Vessella R, et al. The androgen-regulated type II serine protease TMPRSS2 is differentially expressed and mislocalized in prostate adenocarcinoma. J Pathol. 2008;215:118-25 pubmed publisherTransmembrane serine protease 2 (TMPRSS2) is an androgen-regulated member of the type two transmembrane protease (TTSP) family...
- Lindkvist B, Wierup N, Sundler F, Borgstrom A. Long-term nicotine exposure causes increased concentrations of trypsinogens and amylase in pancreatic extracts in the rat. Pancreas. 2008;37:288-94 pubmed publisher..The combination of increased proenzyme concentrations and unaffected mRNA levels suggests that nicotine impairs secretion rather than production of pancreatic zymogens. ..
- Nikolakopoulou A, Dutta R, Chen Z, Miller R, Trapp B. Activated microglia enhance neurogenesis via trypsinogen secretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:8714-9 pubmed publisher..Mass spectrometry analysis of microglia culture media identified protease serine 2 (PRSS2) as a factor secreted by activated, but not resting, microglia...
- Lauhio A, Sorsa T, Srinivas R, Stenman M, Tervahartiala T, Stenman U, et al. Urinary matrix metalloproteinase -8, -9, -14 and their regulators (TRY-1, TRY-2, TATI) in patients with diabetic nephropathy. Ann Med. 2008;40:312-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a trypsin-MMP cascade is involved in the pathogenesis of DNP, which may offer new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment of DNP with MMP inhibitors. ..