Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prph
Alias: Perf, Prph1, peripherin, peripherin 1
- Løes S, Kettunen P, Kvinnsland H, Luukko K. Mouse rudimentary diastema tooth primordia are devoid of peripheral nerve fibers. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2002;205:187-91 pubmed..the axon growth to the maxillary and mandibular first molar tooth germs by immunohistochemical localization of peripherin and PGP9.5...
- Lallemend F, VandenBosch R, Hadjab S, Bodson M, Breuskin I, Moonen G, et al. New insights into peripherin expression in cochlear neurons. Neuroscience. 2007;150:212-22 pubmedb>Peripherin is an intermediate filament protein that is expressed in peripheral and enteric neurons...
- Robertson J, Doroudchi M, Nguyen M, Durham H, Strong M, Shaw G, et al. A neurotoxic peripherin splice variant in a mouse model of ALS. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:939-49 pubmedb>Peripherin, a neuronal intermediate filament (nIF) protein found associated with pathological aggregates in motor neurons of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and of transgenic mice overexpressing mutant superoxide ..
- Reid A, Welin D, Wiberg M, Terenghi G, Novikov L. Peripherin and ATF3 genes are differentially regulated in regenerating and non-regenerating primary sensory neurons. Brain Res. 2010;1310:1-7 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have identified peripherin and ATF-3 molecules as crucial for neurite outgrowth propagation; our novel findings demonstrate a subpopulation ..
- Athlan E, Mushynski W. Heterodimeric associations between neuronal intermediate filament proteins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31073-8 pubmedFormation of protein dimers involving alpha-internexin, peripherin, and the neurofilament (NF) proteins NFH, NFM, and NFL was investigated by partial renaturation of various combinations of individually purified subunits in buffered 2 M ..
- Konishi H, Namikawa K, Shikata K, Kobatake Y, Tachibana T, Kiyama H. Identification of peripherin as a Akt substrate in neurons. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23491-9 pubmed..Mass spectrometry revealed several major spots as the neuronal intermediate filament protein, peripherin. Using several peripherin fragments, the phosphorylation site was determined as Ser(66) in its head domain in ..
- Liu X, Udovichenko I, Brown S, Steel K, Williams D. Myosin VIIa participates in opsin transport through the photoreceptor cilium. J Neurosci. 1999;19:6267-74 pubmed..They demonstrate that a myosin may function in a cilium and suggest that abnormal opsin transport might contribute to blindness in Usher syndrome. ..
- Leung C, Sun D, Liem R. The intermediate filament protein peripherin is the specific interaction partner of mouse BPAG1-n (dystonin) in neurons. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:435-46 pubmed..we show by a variety of methods that the COOH-terminal tail domain of mouse BPAG1 interacts specifically with peripherin, but in contrast to a previous study (Yang, Y., J. Dowling, Q.C. Yu, P. Kouklis, D.W. Cleveland, and E. Fuchs...
- Faussone Pellegrini M, Matini P, DeFelici M. The cytoskeleton of the myenteric neurons during murine embryonic life. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1999;199:459-69 pubmed..proteins (the low, NF-L, medium, NF-M, and heavy, NF-H, molecular weight subunits, alpha-internexin and peripherin) and of two of the microtubule-associated proteins (MAPI and MAP2a+2b)...
- Fornaro M, Lee J, Raimondo S, Nicolino S, Geuna S, Giacobini Robecchi M. Neuronal intermediate filament expression in rat dorsal root ganglia sensory neurons: an in vivo and in vitro study. Neuroscience. 2008;153:1153-63 pubmed publisherQualitative and quantitative examination was performed to evaluate the expression of peripherin and 200 kDa neurofilament in the sensory compartment of the peripheral nervous system of the rat both in vivo and in a new in vitro model...
- Shah N, Groves A, Anderson D. Alternative neural crest cell fates are instructively promoted by TGFbeta superfamily members. Cell. 1996;85:331-43 pubmed..Like neuregulin, BMP2 and TGFbeta1 act instructively rather than selectively. The neural crest and hematopoietic systems may therefore utilize growth factors in different ways to generate cellular diversity. ..
- Tedeschi G, Cappelletti G, Nonnis S, Taverna F, Negri A, Ronchi C, et al. Tyrosine nitration is a novel post-translational modification occurring on the neural intermediate filament protein peripherin. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:433-41 pubmed..Here we report for the first time that nitrotyrosination occurs in the neural intermediate filament protein peripherin. In neuron-like PC12 cells, nitrated peripherin is associated with the cytoskeleton fraction, its level ..
- Murthy M, Bocking S, Verginelli F, Stifani S. Transcription factor Runx1 inhibits proliferation and promotes developmental maturation in a selected population of inner olfactory nerve layer olfactory ensheathing cells. Gene. 2014;540:191-200 pubmed publisher..These observations provide an avenue for further exploration into the molecular mechanisms underlying the development and function of specific OEC subpopulations. ..
- Thompson M, Ziff E. Structure of the gene encoding peripherin, an NGF-regulated neuronal-specific type III intermediate filament protein. Neuron. 1989;2:1043-53 pubmedWe have cloned the rat gene encoding peripherin, a neuronal-specific intermediate filament protein that is NGF-regulated...
- Gentil B, McLean J, Xiao S, Zhao B, Durham H, Robertson J. A two-hybrid screen identifies an unconventional role for the intermediate filament peripherin in regulating the subcellular distribution of the SNAP25-interacting protein, SIP30. J Neurochem. 2014;131:588-601 pubmed publisherb>Peripherin is a type III intermediate filament protein, the expression of which is associated with the acquisition and maintenance of a terminally differentiated neuronal phenotype...