Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkcg
Description: protein kinase C, gamma
Alias: PKC, PKCI, Prkc, Prkcc, RATPKCI, PKC-gamma, protein kinase C gamma type, protein kinase C type I (gamma type)
- In vivo expression of classic PKC isoforms in the rat dental follicle as related to tooth eruptionShaomian Yao
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
Connect Tissue Res 45:216-21. 2004Activation of protein kinase C (PKC) can upregulate tooth eruption molecules such as osteoprotegerin (OPG) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Dual regulation of the cardiac L-type calcium channel in L6 cells by protein kinase CBashir A Tafti
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
Cell Calcium 44:545-53. 2008The role of protein kinase C (PKC) in the regulation of cardiac L-type Ca(2+) channel activity (LCC) was investigated in L6 rat neonatal myoblasts...
- Protein kinase C gamma associates directly with the GluR4 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate receptor subunit. Effect on receptor phosphorylationSusana Santos Correia
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology and Department of Biochemistry, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
J Biol Chem 278:6307-13. 2003..b>PKC gamma was co-immunoprecipitated with GluR4 AMPA receptor subunit in rat cerebellum and in cultured chick retina cell ..
- Prolonged Alzheimer-like tau hyperphosphorylation induced by simultaneous inhibition of phosphoinositol-3 kinase and protein kinase C in N2a cellsGuo Gang Xu
Department of Pathophysiology, Institute of Neuroscience, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 37:349-54. 2005..of wortmannin (inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, PI3K) and GF109203X (inhibitor of protein kinase C, PKC) into the rat brain was found to induce spatial memory deficiency and enhance tau hyperphosphorylation in the ..
- alpha-Synuclein shares physical and functional homology with 14-3-3 proteinsN Ostrerova
Department of Pharmacology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Neurosci 19:5782-91. 1999..The activity and binding profile of alpha-synuclein suggests that it might act as a protein chaperone and that accumulation of alpha-synuclein could contribute to cell death in neurodegenerative diseases...
- A synthetic peptide derived from the non-structural protein 3 of hepatitis C virus serves as a specific substrate for PKCP Borowski
Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, Germany
Biol Chem 381:19-27. 2000..of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) polyprotein was found to be a selective substrate for protein kinase C (PKC)...
- Activation of annexin 7 by protein kinase C in vitro and in vivoH Caohuy
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Uniformed Services University School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12813-21. 2001..These results thus lead us to hypothesize that annexin 7 may be a positive mediator for protein kinase C action in the exocytotic membrane fusion reaction in chromaffin cells...
- Identification of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase and protein kinase C phosphorylation sites within the major intracellular domains of the beta 1, gamma 2S, and gamma 2L subunits of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptorS J Moss
Department of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Biol Chem 267:14470-6. 1992..coli to examine the phosphorylation of these subunits by cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC)...
- Insulin receptor-protein kinase C-gamma signaling mediates inhibition of hypoxia-induced necrosis of cortical neuronsWakako Hamabe
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 313:1027-34. 2005..Furthermore, an inhibitor of protein kinase C (PKC) eliminated the insulin-induced antinecrotic effect...
- Activation of Raf-1 signaling by protein kinase C through a mechanism involving Raf kinase inhibitory proteinKevin C Corbit
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, and Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 278:13061-8. 2003Protein kinase C (PKC) regulates activation of the Raf-1 signaling cascade by growth factors, but the mechanism by which this occurs has not been elucidated...
- Protein kinase C stimulates HuD-mediated mRNA stability and protein expression of neurotrophic factors and enhances dendritic maturation of hippocampal neurons in cultureChol Seung Lim
Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute at West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Hippocampus 22:2303-19. 2012..neuronal differentiation, and learning and memory, and is up-regulated and redistributed by a protein kinase C (PKC)-dependent pathway in neurons...
- Phosphorylation of the recombinant rho1 GABA receptorAnna Sedelnikova
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0021, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:237-46. 2002..sites on the human rho1 GABA receptor for six protein kinases widely expressed in the brain: protein kinase C (PKC); cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA); calmodulin-dependent kinase (CaMKII); casein kinase (CKII); mitogen-..
- [Effects of lead exposure on protein kinase C and calmodulin expression in hippocampus and neurobehavioral function of baby rats]Feng shan Wang
Department of Toxicology, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Tianjin 300011, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 26:139-42. 2008To observe the effect of chronic lead contaminant on mRNA expression of protein kinase C (PKC) and calmodulin (CaM) in hippocampus of baby rats.
- Evidence for direct protein kinase-C mediated modulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor currentG Y Liao
Laboratory of Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mol Pharmacol 59:960-4. 2001Protein kinase-C (PKC) activation differentially affects currents from N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) type glutamate receptors depending upon their subunit composition...
- [Different roles of the spinal protein kinase C alpha and gamma in morphine dependence and naloxone-precipitated withdrawal]Jun Li Cao
Department of Anesthesiology, Affiliated Hospital of First Clinical College, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 57:161-8. 2005..During morphine dependence, but not naloxone-precipitated withdrawal, PKC gamma in the spinal cord translocated from cytosol to membrane fraction, and intrathecal administration of CHE did not ..
- The p62 scaffold regulates nerve growth factor-induced NF-kappaB activation by influencing TRAF6 polyubiquitinationMarie W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Program in Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, Alabama 36849, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35625-9. 2005..growth factor treatment of PC12 cells induced TRAF6 polyubiquitination along with formation of a p62-TRAF6-IKKbeta-PKC iota signal complex, while inhibition of the p62/TRAF6 interaction had an opposite effect...
- Role of two conserved cytoplasmic threonine residues (T410 and T412) in CD5 signalingJ M Vila
Servei d Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Immunol 166:396-402. 2001..These results strongly argue in favor of a role for T410 and T412 in the signaling mediated by CD5...
- Phosphorylation of connexin43 on serine368 by protein kinase C regulates gap junctional communicationP D Lampe
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Cell Biol 149:1503-12. 2000Phorbol esters (e.g., TPA) activate protein kinase C (PKC), increase connexin43 (Cx43) phosphorylation, and decrease cell-cell communication via gap junctions in many cell types...
- Identification of differentially expressed proteins in the spinal cord of neuropathic pain models with PKCgamma silence by proteomic analysisWangyuan Zou
Department of Anesthesiology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, China
Brain Res 1440:34-46. 2012In order to elucidate the mechanisms that PKCγ regulates neuropathic pain (NP), and detect proteins that are associated with the function of PKCγ in NP, we exploited a chronic constriction injury (CCI)-induced neuropathic pain rat (CCI-..
- [Effects of lead exposure on protein kinase C and calmodulin expression in hippocampus of baby-rats]Zhong Hui Liu
School of Public Health, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 26:465-7. 2008To observe the effect of chronic lead contaminant on protein expression of protein kinase (PKC) and calmodulin (CaM) in hippocampus of baby-rats.
- [Effect of pioglitazone on hypoxia/reoxygenation injury and protein kinase C expression in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes]Qi Wei Zhu
Second Department of Geriatric Cardiology, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1819-23. 2011To observe the effect of pioglitazone on hypoxia/reoxygenation injury and the expression of protein kinase C (PKC) in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes.
- Comparison of S100b protein with calmodulin: interactions with melittin and microtubule-associated tau proteins and inhibition of phosphorylation of tau proteins by protein kinase CJ Baudier
Biochemistry 26:2886-93. 1987..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Quercetin inhibits vascular superoxide production induced by endothelin-1: Role of NADPH oxidase, uncoupled eNOS and PKCMiguel Romero
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Atherosclerosis 202:58-67. 2009..and these effects were prevented by co-incubation with quercetin, isorhamnetin or chelerythrine (protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor)...
- Neurochemical characterization of neuronal populations expressing protein kinase C gamma isoform in the spinal cord and gracile nucleus of the ratA S Hughes
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Science, Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 4 Newark Street, London, UK
Neuroscience 153:507-17. 2008..As dorsal column nuclei cells may contribute to allodynia after peripheral nerve injury, pharmacological modulation of PKCgamma activity may therefore be a possible way to ameliorate neuropathic pain after peripheral nerve injury...
- Ethanol regulation of D(1) dopamine receptor signaling is mediated by protein kinase C in an isozyme-specific mannerElizabeth B Rex
Molecular Neuropharmacology Section, National Institute on Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2900-11. 2008..Protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitors mimic the effects of ethanol on D(1) receptor phosphorylation and dopamine-stimulated cAMP levels in a ..
- Nonclassical mechanisms of progesterone action in the brain: I. Protein kinase C activation in the hypothalamus of female ratsBhuvana Balasubramanian
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Endocrinology 149:5509-17. 2008..We explored the involvement of protein kinase C (PKC) in P-induced rapid signaling in the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus (VMN) and preoptic area (POA) of the ..
- Regulation of insulin receptor functionJ F Youngren
Mount Zion Medical Center, Diabetes and Endocrine Research, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1616, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:873-91. 2007..The impact of these processes on the conformational changes and phosphorylation events required for full signaling activity, as well as the role of these mechanisms in human disease, is reviewed in this article...
- Phosphorylation and up-regulation of diacylglycerol kinase gamma via its interaction with protein kinase C gammaYasuto Yamaguchi
Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:31627-37. 2006Diacylglycerol (DAG) acts as an allosteric activator of protein kinase C (PKC) and is converted to phosphatidic acid by DAG kinase (DGK). Therefore, DGK is thought to be a negative regulator of PKC activation...
- Coordinated action of NSF and PKC regulates GABAB receptor signaling efficacyStephanie M Pontier
Département de Biochimie and Groupe de Recherche Universitaire sur le Médicament, Institut de Recherche en Immunologie et Cancérologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
EMBO J 25:2698-709. 2006..Taken with the role of PKC in the desensitization process, our observation that TAT-Pep-27 prevented both agonist-promoted recruitment of PKC ..
- Preconditioning by 17beta-estradiol in isolated rat heart depends on PI3-K/PKB pathway, PKC, and ROSMikhail A Sovershaev
Dept of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Univ of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1554-62. 2006..To test the importance of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K), protein kinase C (PKC), or reactive oxygen species (ROS) in E(2)-induced protection, we combined wortmannin (1 microM), chelerythrine (2 ..
- Ca(2+)-dependent protein kinase C isoforms are critical to estradiol 17beta-D-glucuronide-induced cholestasis in the ratFernando A Crocenzi
Institute of Experimental Physiology, National University of Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Hepatology 48:1885-95. 2008..The cPKC isoform PKCalpha, but not the Ca(2+)-independent PKC isoform, PKCepsilon, translocated to the plasma membrane after E(2)17G administration in primary cultured rat ..
- Distinct roles of protein kinase C isoforms in myogenic constriction of rat posterior cerebral arteriesToshihide Kashihara
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 108:446-54. 2008The involvement of protein kinase C (PKC) in myogenic constriction at physiological intraluminal pressure was investigated in rat posterior cerebral arteries...
- Post-ischaemic activation of kinases in the pre-conditioning-like cardioprotective effect of the platelet-activating factorC Penna
Laboratories of Physiology and Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 197:175-85. 2009..The actual protection of ischaemic pre-conditioning occurs in the reperfusion phase. Therefore, we studied in this phase the kinases involved in PAF-induced pre-conditioning...
- Innocuous, not noxious, input activates PKCgamma interneurons of the spinal dorsal horn via myelinated afferent fibersSimona Neumann
Department of Anatomy and W M Keck Foundation Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Neurosci 28:7936-44. 2008....
- Protein kinase C: poised to signalAlexandra C Newton
Dept of Pharmacology, Univ of California at San Diego, La Jolla, 92093, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E395-402. 2010Nestled at the tip of a branch of the kinome, protein kinase C (PKC) family members are poised to transduce signals emanating from the cell surface...
- Sonic Hedgehog gene delivery to the rodent heart promotes angiogenesis via iNOS/netrin-1/PKC pathwayRafeeq P H Ahmed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8576. 2010..stem cells (MSCs) with Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) transgene, a morphogen during embryonic development and embryonic and adult stem cell growth, improved their survival and angiogenic potential in the ischemic heart via iNOS/netrin/PKC pathway.
- PKCγ is required for ethanol-induced increases in GABA(A) receptor α4 subunit expression in cultured cerebral cortical neuronsDavid F Werner
Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Neurochem 116:554-63. 2011..Ethanol is known to increase both GABA(A) receptor α4 subunits and protein kinase C (PKC) isozymes in vivo and in vitro...
- PKC and MLCK-dependent, cytokine-induced rat coronary endothelial dysfunctionJohn H Tinsley
Department of Internal Medicine, Scott and White Hospital, Temple, Texas 76504, USA
J Surg Res 152:76-83. 2009..the most important, propagate the activation of a multitude of signaling pathways, such as the protein kinase C (PKC) and myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) pathways, which lead to deleterious changes in the structure and function of ..
- Effect of perinatal thyroid hormone deficiency on expression of rat hippocampal conventional protein kinase C isozymesHong Mei Zhang
Department of Endocrinology, Xin Hua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 353:65-71. 2011..Protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms play an important role in many types of learning and memory, and deletion of specific PKC genes results ..
- Synergistic control of protein kinase Cgamma activity by ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate receptor inputs in hippocampal neuronsFranca Codazzi
Department of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, I 20132 Milano, Italy
J Neurosci 26:3404-11. 2006Conventional protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms are abundant neuronal signaling proteins with important roles in regulating synaptic plasticity and other neuronal processes...
- Protein kinase C attenuates beta-adrenergic receptor-mediated lipolysis, probably through inhibition of the beta1-adrenergic receptor systemJiro Nakamura
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 447:1-10. 2006..CGP 20712A abolished the lipolysis-attenuating effect of PMA, but ICI 118551 did not. The protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitors, GF 109203X or Gö 6976, suppressed the effect of PMA...
- Assembly of an A kinase-anchoring protein-beta(2)-adrenergic receptor complex facilitates receptor phosphorylation and signalingI D Fraser
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vollum Institute L 474, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, 97201, USA
Curr Biol 10:409-12. 2000..the beta(2)-AR in cell and tissue extracts, nucleating a signaling complex that includes PKA, protein kinase C (PKC) and protein phosphatase PP2B...
- Phosphorylation of HMG-I by protein kinase C attenuates its binding affinity to the promoter regions of protein kinase C gamma and neurogranin/RC3 genesD M Xiao
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Neurochem 74:392-9. 2000..DNA-binding protein that binds the AT-rich sequences within the promoters of the brain-specific protein kinase C (PKC) gamma and neurogranin/RC3 genes has been characterized as chromosomal nonhistone high-mobility-group protein (HMG)-..
- Characterisation of non-structural protein 3 of hepatitis C virus as modulator of protein phosphorylation mediated by PKA and PKC: evidences for action on the level of substrate and enzymeP Borowski
Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Abt Virologie, Hamburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Arch Virol 144:687-701. 1999Generally, the maximum activities of the protein kinases A (PKA) and C (PKC) show an optimum value for their substrate concentrations rather than a saturation curve; at high substrate concentrations, the kinase activity is completely ..
- Selective changes in protein kinase C isoforms and phosphorylation of endogenous substrate proteins in rat cerebral cortex during pre- and postnatal ethanol exposureK Mahadev
School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, 500 046, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 356:249-57. 1998The effect of pre- and postnatal ethanol exposure on protein kinase C (PKC) activity, immunochemical analysis of PKC alpha, betaI, betaII, gamma, delta, epsilon, eta, and zeta by isoform-specific antibodies, and in vitro phosphorylation ..
- Segregation of a PRKCG mutation in two RP11 familiesM Al-Maghtheh
Am J Hum Genet 62:1248-52. 1998
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel protein kinase C-interacting protein with structural motifs related to RBCC family proteinsC Tokunaga
Biosignal Research Center, Faculty of Science, Kobe University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244:353-9. 1998A novel protein kinase C (PKC)-interacting protein was identified by the yeast two-hybrid screening using the regulatory domain of PKC beta I as a bait...
- Exposure to chronic psychosocial stress and corticosterone in the rat: effects on spatial discrimination learning and hippocampal protein kinase Cgamma immunoreactivityH J Krugers
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Graduate School for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Hippocampus 7:427-36. 1997..The spatial learning deficits following stress are reflected only in part in the redistribution of hippocampal PKCgamma-ir following training...
- NMR structure of a protein kinase C-gamma phorbol-binding domain and study of protein-lipid micelle interactionsR X Xu
Glaxo Wellcome Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Biochemistry 36:10709-17. 1997Classical protein kinase C (PKC) family members are activated by the binding of various ligands to one of several cysteine-rich domains of the enzyme...
- Cloning and expression of multiple protein kinase C cDNAsJ L Knopf
Cell 46:491-502. 1986Three different protein kinase C related cDNA clones were isolated from a rat brain cDNA library and designated PKC-I, PKC-II, and PKC-III...
- Nucleotide sequences of cDNAs for alpha and gamma subspecies of rat brain protein kinase CY Ono
Central Research Division, Takeda Chemical Industries, Osaka, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 16:5199-200. 1988
- Age-dependent activation of PKC isoforms by angiotensin II in the proximal nephronD M Boesch
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 281:R861-7. 2001..ANG II increases fluid absorption in the proximal nephron, in part, via activation of protein kinase C (PKC)...
- Individual differences in spatial memory among aged rats are related to hippocampal PKCgamma immunoreactivityPaul J Colombo
Department of Psychology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Hippocampus 12:285-9. 2002..1997). In the current study, immunocytochemistry was used to test whether the relationship between elevated PKC-gamma and memory impairment among aged rats could be localized further within regions of the hippocampus...
- Deficits in the mid-brain raphe nuclei and striatum of the AS/AGU rat, a protein kinase C-gamma mutantM Al-Fayez
Department of Anatomy, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Eur J Neurosci 22:2792-8. 2005..The median raphe appears to be unaffected. The results are seen in terms of an initial dysfunction in transmitter release leading to cell death, perhaps through the formation of free radicals or neurotoxins...
- Expression of spinal NMDA receptor and PKCgamma after chronic morphine is regulated by spinal glucocorticoid receptorGrewo Lim
Pain Research Group, Division of Pain Medicine, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 25:11145-54. 2005Spinal NMDA receptor (NMDAR), protein kinase C (PKC), and glucocorticoid receptor (GR) have all been implicated in the mechanisms of morphine tolerance; however, how these cellular elements interact after chronic morphine exposure ..
- Differential contribution of troponin I phosphorylation sites to the endothelin-modulated contractile responseMargaret V Westfall
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41324-31. 2005....
- Ethanol withdrawal-associated allodynia and hyperalgesia: age-dependent regulation by protein kinase C epsilon and gamma isoenzymesJennifer A Shumilla
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Pain 6:535-49. 2005..Protein kinase C (PKC) has been implicated in mediating pain responses...
- Protein kinase C activity and isoform expression during early postnatal development of rat myocardiumB Hamplova
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Vinicna 7, 128 44 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Cell Biochem Biophys 43:105-17. 2005Total protein kinase C (PKC) activity, its isoform expression, and concentration and fatty acid (FA) composition of diacylglycerol (DAG) were determined in the left ventricular myocardium of the rat during early postnatal development (d ..
- Roles of protein kinase C in regulation of P2X7 receptor-mediated calcium signalling of cultured type-2 astrocyte cell line, RBA-2Amos C Hung
Institute of Neuroscience, College of Life Science, National Yang Ming University and Brain Research Center, Shi Pai, Taipei 112, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Signal 17:1384-96. 2005The role of protein kinase C (PKC) on regulation of P2X(7) receptor-mediated Ca(2+) signalling was examined on RBA-2 astrocytes...
- Inhibition of protein kinase C reduces left ventricular fibrosis and dysfunction following myocardial infarctionAndrew J Boyle
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Princes Street, Fitzroy 3065, Vic, Australia
J Mol Cell Cardiol 39:213-21. 2005..One week post-MI, animals were randomized to receive the PKC-inhibitor, ruboxistaurin (LY333531) for 4 weeks, or no treatment...
- Protein kinase C-gamma and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II-alpha are persistently translocated to cell membranes of the rat brain during and after middle cerebral artery occlusionShohei Matsumoto
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:54-61. 2004The levels of protein kinase C-gamma (PKC-gamma ) and the calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II-alpha (CaMKII-alpha) were measured in crude synaptosomal (P2), particulate (P3), and cytosolic (S3) fractions of the neocortex of rats ..
- Missense mutations in the regulatory domain of PKC gamma: a new mechanism for dominant nonepisodic cerebellar ataxiaDong Hui Chen
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:839-49. 2003..4-qter. A particularly compelling candidate gene, PRKCG, encodes protein kinase C gamma (PKC gamma), a member of a family of serine/threonine kinases...
- Characterization of the 5'-flanking region of the rat protein kinase C gamma geneK H Chen
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 265:19961-5. 1990..using HeLa cell nuclear extracts and chloramphenicol acetyltransferase assay by transfection of 293 cells with a PKC gamma-CAT fusion construct. Chloramphenicol acetyltransferase assay revealed that a fragment of about 0...
- Proteomic Biomarkers of Health BehaviorsPaul Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEIN KINASE C AND PHOTORECEPTORSALEXANDRA NEWTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specifically, the effect of this phosphorylation on rhodopsin s macromolecular interactions (transducin coupling, arrestin binding) will be explored. ..
- DAUs as IGF-1 Receptor Inhibitors in Breast CancerJack F Youngren; Fiscal Year: 2010..other kinases, and characterize the biological effects of altering the specificity of DAUs for the IGF-1 R. Together these studies will result in the production of well-characterized DAU-based compounds for anti-cancer drug development. ..
- Influence of Troponin I Phosphrylation by PKC on Contractile FunctionMargaret V Westfall; Fiscal Year: 2010Protein kinase C (PKC) plays an important role in modulating cardiac contractile function...