Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkar2b
Description: protein kinase cAMP-dependent type 2 regulatory subunit beta
Alias: RATDNA, cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II-beta regulatory subunit, Type II beta regulatory subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase, protein kinase, cAMP dependent regulatory, type II beta, protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, regulatory subunit type II beta
- Chu S, Rushdi S, Zumpe E, Mamers P, Healy D, Jobling T, et al. FSH-regulated gene expression profiles in ovarian tumours and normal ovaries. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:426-33 pubmed..Comparison of the gene expression profiles between each tumour group suggests a molecular phenotype for GCT that is similar to that reported for FSH stimulated pre-ovulatory granulosa cells. ..
- McSorley T, Stefan E, Henn V, Wiesner B, Baillie G, Houslay M, et al. Spatial organisation of AKAP18 and PDE4 isoforms in renal collecting duct principal cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:673-8 pubmed..AKAP-anchored PKA has been shown to be involved in AQP2 shuttling. Here, AKAP18 isoforms and members of the PDE4 family of PDEs are shown to be differentially localised in renal principal cells. ..
- Sardanelli A, Signorile A, Nuzzi R, Rasmo D, Technikova Dobrova Z, Drahota Z, et al. Occurrence of A-kinase anchor protein and associated cAMP-dependent protein kinase in the inner compartment of mammalian mitochondria. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5690-6 pubmed
- Sandberg M, Levy F, Oyen O, Hansson V, Jahnsen T. Molecular cloning, cDNA structure and deduced amino acid sequence for the hormone-induced regulatory subunit (RII beta) of cAMP-dependent protein kinase from rat ovarian granulosa cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;154:705-11 pubmed..A cAMP regulated mRNA of 3.2 kilobases (kb) for RII beta was detected by the isolated cDNA in rat Sertoli cells. ..
- Greene R, Lloyd M, Uberti M, Nugent P, Pisano M. Patterns of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase gene expression during ontogeny of the murine palate. J Cell Physiol. 1995;163:431-40 pubmed..In addition, we have demonstrated adaptational changes of this kinase in MEPM cells in response to conditions of increased intracellular levels of cAMP. ..
- Manni S, Mauban J, Ward C, Bond M. Phosphorylation of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) regulatory subunit modulates PKA-AKAP interaction, substrate phosphorylation, and calcium signaling in cardiac cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24145-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RII phosphorylation regulates PKA-dependent substrate phosphorylation and may have significant implications for modulation of cardiac function. ..
- Zhang P, Knape M, Ahuja L, Keshwani M, King C, Sastri M, et al. Single Turnover Autophosphorylation Cycle of the PKA RIIÎ² Holoenzyme. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002192 pubmed publisher..This previously unappreciated molecular mechanism is an integral part of PKA signaling for type II holoenzymes. ..
- Zhong H, Sia G, Sato T, Gray N, Mao T, Khuchua Z, et al. Subcellular dynamics of type II PKA in neurons. Neuron. 2009;62:363-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the localization and activity-dependent translocation of type II PKA are important determinants of PKA function. ..
- Brown S, Wu J, Kim C, Alberto K, Taylor S. Novel isoform-specific interfaces revealed by PKA RIIbeta holoenzyme structures. J Mol Biol. 2009;393:1070-82 pubmed publisher..This novel orientation of the linker peptide provides the first clues as to how this region contributes to the unique organization of the RIIbeta holoenzyme. ..
- Dwivedi Y, Rizavi H, Pandey G. Differential effects of haloperidol and clozapine on [(3)H]cAMP binding, protein kinase A (PKA) activity, and mRNA and protein expression of selective regulatory and catalytic subunit isoforms of PKA in rat brain. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;301:197-209 pubmed
- Zhang P, Smith Nguyen E, Keshwani M, Deal M, Kornev A, Taylor S. Structure and allostery of the PKA RII? tetrameric holoenzyme. Science. 2012;335:712-6 pubmed publisher..The quaternary structure of the RII? tetramer differs appreciably from our model of the RI? tetramer, confirming the small-angle x-ray scattering prediction that the structures of each PKA tetramer are different. ..
- Vetter M, Zenn H, Mendez E, van den Boom H, Herberg F, Skålhegg B. The testis-specific C?2 subunit of PKA is kinetically indistinguishable from the common C?1 subunit of PKA. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:40 pubmed publisher..This is also the case for their potency to inhibit catalytic activities of C?2 and C?1. We conclude that the regulatory complexes formed with either C?1 or C?2, respectively, are indistinguishable. ..
- Jahnsen T, Hedin L, Kidd V, Beattie W, Lohmann S, Walter U, et al. Molecular cloning, cDNA structure, and regulation of the regulatory subunit of type II cAMP-dependent protein kinase from rat ovarian granulosa cells. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:12352-61 pubmed..Structural differences among rat ovarian R-II51, rat heart R-II54, and the known amino acid sequences of bovine R-II and R-I subunits also indicate that the rat ovarian R-II51 subunit is the product of a distinct gene. ..
- Collado Hilly M, Coquil J. Ins(1,4,5)P3 receptor type 1 associates with AKAP9 (AKAP450 variant) and protein kinase A type IIbeta in the Golgi apparatus in cerebellar granule cells. Biol Cell. 2009;101:469-80 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the association of InsP3R1 with PKA in Purkinje cells would require a different macromolecular complex...
- Blumenthal D, Copps J, Smith Nguyen E, Zhang P, Heller W, Taylor S. The roles of the RIIÎ² linker and N-terminal cyclic nucleotide-binding domain in determining the unique structures of the type IIÎ² protein kinase A: a small angle x-ray and neutron scattering study. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28505-12 pubmed publisher
- Lignitto L, Carlucci A, Sepe M, Stefan E, Cuomo O, Nistico R, et al. Control of PKA stability and signalling by the RING ligase praja2. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:412-22 pubmed publisher..Praja2 is required for efficient nuclear cAMP signalling and for PKA-mediated long-term memory. Thus, praja2 regulates the total concentration of R subunits, tuning the strength and duration of PKA signal output in response to cAMP. ..
- Cummings D, Brandon E, Planas J, Motamed K, Idzerda R, McKnight G. Genetically lean mice result from targeted disruption of the RII beta subunit of protein kinase A. Nature. 1996;382:622-6 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a role for the RII beta holoenzyme in regulating energy balance and adiposity. ..
- Parisiadou L, Yu J, Sgobio C, Xie C, Liu G, Sun L, et al. LRRK2 regulates synaptogenesis and dopamine receptor activation through modulation of PKA activity. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:367-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a previously unknown regulatory role for LRRK2 in PKA signaling and suggest a pathogenic mechanism of SPN dysfunction in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Kovo M, Kandli Cohen M, Ben Haim M, Galiani D, Carr D, Dekel N. An active protein kinase A (PKA) is involved in meiotic arrest of rat growing oocytes. Reproduction. 2006;132:33-43 pubmed